Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Intrinsics

mrhapps

We were shown this resource will be how we rank up the personal skills of the railjack when its released, what is making me wonder right now is something that they said in the stream. "This is not something you will be able to rush your way through in a week, maybe even a month or a couple months" or something like that... what do you think this means? Will it be like syndicates where we can only get a certain amount of rep per day. Will it be like raids where we can only complete something once a week to get a dump of intrinsics? Will the amount we receive be affected by mastery? It looked like it cost exponentially more per level, so maybe that was the only reason (rebecca said lvl 10 as a remark being possibly the max so that will probably be 2^10 intrinsics per class)? 

I really wonder how they will make it unobtainable in a short amount of time, but not making it feel like grinding for a lifetime to get to the completion point.

Just now, DrivaMain said:

Recruit chat be like :

Xx_69Elitist69_xX : H RAILJACK MISSION MUST HAVE MAX ENGINEER/GUNNER/TACTICIAN 100 RAILJACK MISSIONS COMPLETED NOT MEETING REQUIREMENTS NO REPLY OR INVITE

Me : (ಠ_ಠ)

Heh

While I'm just here like : H railjack carry for 3 randoms

51 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Recruit chat be like :

Xx_69Elitist69_xX : H RAILJACK MISSION MUST HAVE MAX ENGINEER/GUNNER/TACTICIAN 100 RAILJACK MISSIONS COMPLETED NOT MEETING REQUIREMENTS NO REPLY OR INVITE

You forgot the :clem::clem::clem::platinum::platinum::platinum: sprinkled through the message.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

Recruit chat be like :

It will also be posted by a player with NONE of those requirements. For example: "H Tridolon 5x3, LF for Trin, Chroma, Volt, minimum 500 caps, max VS, can Harrow" - from a player with 20 Teralyst kills.

DE doesn't really innovate on systems which already work.  As such, this'll probably be more similar to focus farming.

In my world that means that there will be a daily cap.  The reward rate will be paltry, until people discover the farms.  Once farms are discovered there'll be a rush to "fix" them, and we're off to the arms race between grinders and DE.  The justification for the endo will be poor, and it will actually be spread between personal upgrades and ship upgrades.  This will force you to decide on a ship upgrade, or a skill upgrade, to make that grind a bit longer.

The net result of this will be the selective choice to grind, grow yourself, or get the best ship.  This will be framed as something different, but it actually is a bid to create specialized groups where one person spends everything on their ship and everyone else blows it on themselves.  This effectively forces teamwork, because if you don't choose an optimized path you'll be incapable of facing off against enemies whose level scaling is utterly broken due to that power curve.

Regarding the levels....I'm not sold.  If we're looking at rewards they're going to have to scale.  If the levels are a power curve it'll be insane to step from the lower to higher tiers, and the enemy power curve will effectively lock off content until a lot of grinding has been done.  That seems like a stupid waste of developed content.  At the same time, a minor statistical boost won't justify the grind.  Maybe DE get this, and will release something great.  Based upon the Liches...I'm holding and judgement due to their track record.

• Like 1

Considering they aren't capable of releasing content without gimmicks and padding, I'd guess it means it will be artificially gated so it's slow and super boring.

Honestly railjack is starting to sound really terrible. Like uninstall terrible.....

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone tell me if this sounds like this system is working as intended because I am confused. I finish a mission and the end screen tells me I have 52 intrinsic, the console in the drydock tells me I have 9, I go back to my orbiter to get my mission rewards and the intrinsic menus tells me I have 25, I go back to the drydock and the console now tells me I have 16. So how many intrinsic points should I have?

25 minutes ago, (XB1)Da1m1en 06660 said:

Can someone tell me if this sounds like this system is working as intended because I am confused. I finish a mission and the end screen tells me I have 52 intrinsic, the console in the drydock tells me I have 9, I go back to my orbiter to get my mission rewards and the intrinsic menus tells me I have 25, I go back to the drydock and the console now tells me I have 16. So how many intrinsic points should I have?

Though for reals, no, it's bugged to hell and back. Wait for an update to fix it, and if that doesn't work, wait some more.