Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How is the new itzal power supposed to be used?

PsychicKitty

Question

I noticed the Itzal's blink power is gone and replaced with a different power.

Every time I have attempted to use it, it typically says out of range.

When I can use it, it seams to simply turn on the boost the archwing already has and then uses a lot energy.

Weirder still is that the boost of speed it gives is slower then the archwing's actual flight speed and it makes it so the controls don't let me move as easily.

I asked someone in my clan and they said its like Valkyre's rip line now which I am not sure I understand the purpose as an archwing flys so why would you need a ripline to fly???

so if anyone has any advice with this power?

Seams to be broken right now but maybe I am not using it correctly.

I am just plain confiused by it entirely so any help would be nice.

edited this in: oh and it also turns off the invisibility too and interrupts the implosion thing and makes the small defender drones vanish, so right now it doesn't even synergize with the rest of the itzals abilities either.

Edited by PsychicKitty
first itzal power breaks allthe other itzal powers

19 answers to this question

I would recommend ditching and just ignore it until DE decided to give it another ability.

And for the zipline, you need a target within 300m for the zipline to attach to.

The zipline would then pulls you towards where you attached it.

The speed is additive to your current speed, so you could fly slightly faster if you keep on afterburning.

And yes the zipline is not synergy to other abilities.

Also, the zipline might not break even if you fly over where it attached, causing it to pull you back.

You wait till Railjack releases, go invisible, Zipline to an enemy on the perimeter area you're at, and then let them drag you, still invisible, towards the rest of their fleet, and set-up a surprise ambush.

Outside this and the fact it doesn't break invisibility........frankly, I got nothing. It's not a "skywing" ability at all for Open-world areas.

22 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

You wait till Railjack releases, go invisible, Zipline to an enemy on the perimeter area you're at, and then let them drag you, still invisible, towards the rest of their fleet, and set-up a surprise ambush.

I haven't done extensive testing or anything, but I am rather certain that it doesn't let you do that.
It's basically a copy paste of Valkyr's Rip Line and that just pulls enemies towards you, ussually sending them way behind you..

15 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

DE are trying to get us to use other archwings after all....

And I would be, if I had any reason to.
Blink nerf or not, Itzal still has the highest base speed untill modular archwings come out, it still has the utility of Cosmic Crush's vacuum, it still has Penumbra's cloak for when you need to do some of those specific Plains Riven challenges.

What do other archwings have? Combat abilities? Combat abilities that do practically 0 damage? Defensive abilities that are hampered by small range? And you want me to use them over Utility which actually does it's job? Of course I am not going to! What do you think I am, a registered looser?

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

IMO, as I used Valkyr more than probably people would do, before her nerf *cough* ripline is basically useless. Ripline in space/flight combat is even more useless.

Couldn't think of why DE would have actually replaced Blink with such an useless ability. They do, with high probability, have also a statistic on abilities ... and Ripline is probably the worst ability ever, sharing the No.1 podium with Vauban's mine layer ability (prior jump pad, now speed pad).

1 hour ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

I haven't done extensive testing or anything, but I am rather certain that it doesn't let you do that.
It's basically a copy paste of Valkyr's Rip Line and that just pulls enemies towards you, ussually sending them way behind you..

And I would be, if I had any reason to.
Blink nerf or not, Itzal still has the highest base speed untill modular archwings come out, it still has the utility of Cosmic Crush's vacuum, it still has Penumbra's cloak for when you need to do some of those specific Plains Riven challenges.

What do other archwings have? Combat abilities? Combat abilities that do practically 0 damage? Defensive abilities that are hampered by small range? And you want me to use them over Utility which actually does it's job? Of course I am not going to! What do you think I am, a registered looser?

Yeah WE know this but DE (lets be honest I'd say it was just DE Scott) just saw blink being used on open world and figured lets nerf that instead of fixing the underlying reasons we actually don't use anything other than itzal.... they even gave itzal one of the most stupid replacements possible for an archwing in the process.  

While I still want a non nerfed blink, all I've done since the nerf is add on hyperion thrusters instead of the cold snap mod I was running and because itzal is the fastest archwing anyway, I get the biggest speed increase due to the way the mod works... it is still the best overall archwing in most situations. 

7 minutes ago, ILOHARTA said:

I think they added that skill just for the memes, there is no other rational reason. Just don't use it, and problem solved

It's a momentum based speed increase mechanic that takes some practice.
In lieu of just being able to ignore that archwings have flight controls, it's a way to combine speed into the flight mechanics.

Whether the intent and sentiment ever line up, time will tell.
I've used it, and it's right on the cusp of too fast to control, so in time I could see getting good with it.

I think the blink is now a passive ability for all archwings that costs NO energy anymore when used. I noticed it can be used by (short) pressing the run button (L Shift by default?) with a short cooldown between 2 blinks.

For more convenience, you should choose a different button for dashing because using the same button for running (long pressing) and dashing (short pressing) the same button makes it uneasy to use.

Edited by VoodooEngeO

26 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

It's a momentum based speed increase mechanic that takes some practice.
In lieu of just being able to ignore that archwings have flight controls, it's a way to combine speed into the flight mechanics.

Whether the intent and sentiment ever line up, time will tell.
I've used it, and it's right on the cusp of too fast to control, so in time I could see getting good with it.

my only concern is that it's Warframe, not Attack On Titans...

well I tried to use it anyway.

And found something I wanted to warn others of.....

And that is: Do not use it in railjack!!

I tried to a few times to hit enemy fighters with it, figured it might pull me too them and NOPE

It simply just downed me.

Sort of like if you exit the railjack whiles its moving....about 50% of the how that will make you appear in a weird spot and auto-down you.

also another railjack warning Odonata is also a not very good archwing in railjack either. The shields don't work nor does repel as in they turn on but don't effect anything, the tracking missiles miss and take too long to get to the targets which fly out of their range while the supposed anti-lock things don't seam to matter either as locked on items and enemy fire still track and hit you.  The mod enahancers to share that shield with everyone also doesn't work either...then again...it only has a 100 meter range....sooo….that might be the reason.

And speaking of locked on.....if an enemy missile locks onto you...and you attempt to turn invisible with Itzal, that wont help either.....even if you fly to the other side of asteroid.....those tracking things will hunt you down....enemy fighters simply go to your area and start shooting anyways and if they hit you, you are downed automatically, and since you cant move with it on, LMAO.