Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Permanency of Lenses need reworked with the frequency of nerfs both to weapons and warframes, but rivens as well.

ShortbusGangster

With these lovely new Melee changes, I'm afraid to put any lens in my weapons for fear of it or its riven being nerfed. 

They shouldn't be completely permanent seeing as how things can and will change. 
Even a one do over and done mechanic would be fair. No trading after removal.  

Eidolon or Lua lenses aren't plentiful like Forma, and are far more expensive than Orokin Potatoes. 

Edited by ShortbusGangster
  • Like 4

If you like something then invest in it.

If you like something only because if it's riven disposition (you're talking about being afraid to lens something incase it drops) then I feel like you should rethink why you're doing something.

If you're using something a lot, put a lens in it. Just because a riven disposition changes doesn't mean you'll suddenly stop using it, unless you were only using something because it's broken or someone else said it was "meta".

• Like 1

I'm still of the opinion that Lenses should have the capacity to generate Focus for ALL Schools, but the ability to generate Focus for only ONE School at a time, chosen similar to how we choose which Syndicate to gain Standing for. That way, a Lens is a permanent upgrade to a weapon or Warframe and thus worth actually paying money for. I buy Catalysts with real money and put them on essentially all the weapons I've chosen to actually keep. If I keep an item, it's because I like that item and want to use it, so 20, 40, 80 Plat for upgrades isn't THAT bad all things considered. I rarely if ever buy Lenses for anything because they're transient so inherently not worth the STEEP asking price.

I wish it was easier to move lenses around like arcanes. I like using a lot of different weapons and frames to stave off burnout, if I wanted to cover all my bases to ensure I was always gaining focus I would need to lense dozens of items and it's just not worth the grinds. I've been leveling up zenurik since the focus overhaul and its the only focus I will be leveling unless the system changes. You take a rare item with a hefty crafting cost and if you want or need to change the school you have to destroy it. No thanks.