Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tusk Thumpers new spawning behaviour now normal ?

80think08

The minibosses on the Pleins of Eidolon "Tusk Thumpers" seem to spawn only once per session instead of having a chance to spawn every 3-4 minutes. This bug or intended feature is out now since three or four months. Maybe even longer, I restarted playing at that point. There were already some bug reports on the forums about this problem, which are being ignored by both commnity and "suprise" by DE.

At this point we may just change the wiki to suit it to the current standard.  I was just wondering for the record if they ever mentioned anything about changing their spawning behaviour on any of their streams or if its just a case of not-worth-doing.

20191209104714-1.jpg

Edited by 80think08
  • Like 1

Just now, 80think08 said:

The minibosses on the Pleins of Eidolon "Tusk Thumpers" seem to spawn only once per session instead of having a chance to spawn every 3-4 minutes. This bug or intended feature is out now since three or four months. Maybe even longer, I started playing at that point. There were already some bug reports on the forums about this problem, which are being ignored by both commnity and "suprise" by DE.

At this point we may just change the wiki to suit it to the current standard.  I was just wondering for the record if they ever mentioned anything about changing their spawning behaviour on any of their streams or if its just a case of not worth doing.

20191209104714-1.jpg

That's weird. I wonder what others have to say about it. I can't remember seeing many thumpers myself, but then again, I only do bounties to get vaulted stuff and then leave them, so Idk. 

vor 3 Minuten schrieb -CdG-Zilchy:

Well the picture doesn't exactly add much else to the discussion now does it?

it shows you that I know how to farm them, so one argument, that I have no idea about Tusk thumpers is already out the window. 

Edited by 80think08

2 minutes ago, 80think08 said:

it shows you that I know how to farm them, so one argument, that I have no idea about Tusk thumpers is already out the window. 

Ehh, shouldn't have to worry about those anyway mate, not like they're hard to farm. They take like 1 minute to kill. Plus just ignore those people, they're not there to discuss anyway.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

vor 6 Minuten schrieb --C--Nehra:

That's weird. I wonder what others have to say about it. I can't remember seeing many thumpers myself, but then again, I only do bounties to get vaulted stuff and then leave them, so Idk. 

I may try to make a video about it and post it on the bug report again. Maybe that works a bit better. Though I doubt anyone is willing to watch a long video about me flying and running around.

The question was about if they ever mentioned something about chaning their spawning behaviour.

Edited by 80think08
  • Like 2

Maybe the spawn rates should be tied to Bounty level.

..they already are in a sense with type..
but their Rate.

Level 1 bounty: One spawn, mostly regulars
Level 2 bounty, respawn chance at 50% of day's duration, mostly regulars, some higher class,
etc.
Highest bounties have the fastest turn around, highest level, highest class.

From usage statistics from that, they can narrow down what the most agreeable feel for those are if they're going to adjust the spawns in the future.

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 80think08 said:

anything else?

Yeh sure, do you use the map of the spawn spots? Are you using bounty 5 etc, let's cover the basics. I know you know how to do them but you haven't stated anywhere HOW you do them. So this is the part where I try to help. Personally I haven't noticed any difference in their spawnings but I do not often go farming them so I've seen one each time I go to the plains, killed it, seen another etc. Last time was while I was farming Pustrels.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

Gerade eben schrieb kapn655321:

Maybe the spawn rates should be tied to Bounty level.

..they already are in a sense..
but their Rate.

Level 1 bounty: One spawn, mostly regulars
Level 2 bounty, respawn chance at 50% of day's duration, mostly regulars, some higher class,
etc.
Highest bounties have the fastest turn around, highest level, highest class.

From usage statistics from that, they can narrow down what the most agreeable feel for those are if they're going to adjust the spawns in the future.

Its not about new ideas, its a question if they ever mentioned sth about chaning their spawning behaviour in the last three or four months.

And maybe if you personally experienced the same thing as I do. 

vor 3 Minuten schrieb -CdG-Zilchy:

Yeh sure, do you use the map of the spawn spots? Are you using bounty 5 etc, let's cover the basics. I know you know how to do them but you haven't stated anywhere HOW you do them. So this is the part where I try to help.

Yes I indeed do know all the basics. I've been optimizing how to farm them since I started farming them.

Maybe with all these posts and Reputation you may already have found a similar post on the forums? Did you maybe verify it yourself?

Edited by 80think08

4 minutes ago, 80think08 said:

Yes I indeed do know all the basics. I've been optimizing how to farm them since I started farming them.

Then this is strange because you state that they haven't been spawning regularly since you started farming them. When I was doing it on the release of thumpers I also encountered the same problem with Thumpers not spawning after the 1st one. The solution was to bump the ground with my archwing constantly or what I eventually did, hunt them on foot using a fast mobility frame and going from spawn spot to spawn spot. If you haven't tried that before, give it a crack. I think basically the game didn't register my presence by simply flying around, the exact same can be observed of Ghouls in the Plains only showing up if you briefly land. The other trick I found that worked was to use the tents to begin another bounty, immediately abandon it and that often triggered a spawn.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

9 minutes ago, 80think08 said:

Its not about new ideas, its a question if they ever mentioned sth about chaning their spawning behaviour in the last three or four months.

And maybe if you personally experienced the same thing as I do. 

Sorry for adding my two cents.
Best of luck. Hope your issue gets addressed.

• Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb -CdG-Zilchy:

Then this is strange because you state that they haven't been spawning regularly since you started farming them. When I was doing it on the release of thumpers I also encountered the same problem with Thumpers not spawning after the 1st one. The solution was to bump the ground with my archwing constantly or what I eventually did, hunt them on foot using a fast mobility frame and going from spawn spot to spawn spot. If you haven't tried that before, give it a crack. I think basically the game didn't register my presence by simply flying around, the exact same can be observed of Ghouls in the Plains only showing up if you briefly land.

They have not been spawning regularly since I started playing warframe again, not since I started farming them. I had a break in between these two things. 

The problem you encountered was something similar to a suspicion I had aswell when I experienced the problem of them not spawning anymore correctly. So Ive been testing if it is because of the Archwing, resp. flying, which was not the case. 

Its interesting how you try to denounce anything I do or post but I guess thats a thing on forums. If you like to disaprove me you a welcome to post a video link about you spawning several Thumpers in one session thus showing that there is no problem. Mabye the problem lies somewhere else then.

"weird flex" "oh they are so easy whats the problem" "uuh you dont know how to do it" and "you controverse yousrelf somehow because I misread things" do not contribute anything but just hinder any progress. 

vor 11 Minuten schrieb kapn655321:

Sorry for adding my two cents.
Best of luck. Hope your issue gets addressed.

It was not my intention to shut you down but to keep focus on what I was trying to find out. Your idea is nice none the less.

Edited by 80think08
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, 80think08 said:

They have not been spawning regularly since I started playing warframe again, not since I started farming them. I had a break in between these two things. 

The problem you encountered was something similar to a suspicion I had aswell when I experienced the problem of them not spawning anymore correctly. So Ive been testing if it is because of the Archwing, resp. flying, which was not the case. 

Its interesting how you try to denounce anything I do or post but I guess thats a thing on forums. If you like to disaprove me you a welcome to post a video link about you spawning several Thumpers in one session thus showing that there is no problem. Mabye the problem lies somewhere else then.

"weird flex" "oh they are so easy whats the problem" "uuh you dont know how to do it" and "you controverse yousrelf somehow because I misread things" do not contribute anything but just hinder any progress. 

Well I just went and tested and the same strategy works fine. Would've been much more efficient if I could actually remember the spawn locations. Realistically however for farming purposes, I believe it's still faster to simply exit the Plains and reload as this is far quicker and more reliable than to wait about 4 minutes for a new spawn. 

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

vor 2 Minuten schrieb -CdG-Zilchy:

Well I just went and tested and the same strategy works fine. Would've been much more efficient if I could actually remember the spawn locations. Realistically however for farming purposes, I believe it's still faster to simply exit the Plains and reload. 

Aight then its back on the pleins for me.

2 minutes ago, 80think08 said:

Aight then its back on the pleins for me.

Best of luck. Bumping the ground with Archwing wasn't working, I ended up using wormhole Nova. Also be aware that right now the damn ghouls are blocking potential spawns. I really do think it's faster for farming purposes to just go Chroma(or Nekros for loot), bounty 5, abandon the objective and then kill the thumper, exit and repeat. Cos that takes probably 3ish minutes per run? As opposed to sitting round waiting for a new spawn.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

vor 3 Stunden schrieb SordidDreams:

Huh. I was skeptical at first, but having tested it just now, yeah, seems they don't spawn after the first one.

Oh well, chalk it up as #1532 on the list of things not important enough to fix.

Thank you for testing. Hopefully it gets fixed.

While farming for Kinetic Diversion and Spring-Loaded Blade, I noticed this too. I just went back to Cetus every time I downed a Doma because they wouldn't spawn again afterward. I thought I was just impatient!

EDIT: If you don't kill a Thumper, it does indeed spawn again somewhere else on the map. I learned this when experimenting/ranking Archwings in PoE.

P.S. I did manage to net 2-3 Kinetic Diversions and 1 Spring-Loaded Blade last week farming Domas regularly (and got lots of the other mods and Korrudo BPs that I don't care about). To give you an idea of how many times I've done this!

Edited by nslay
  • Like 2

vor 2 Stunden schrieb nslay:

While farming for Kinetic Diversion and Spring-Loaded Blade, I noticed this too. I just went back to Cetus every time I downed a Doma because they wouldn't spawn again afterward. I thought I was just impatient!

EDIT: If you don't kill a Thumper, it does indeed spawn again somewhere else on the map. I learned this when experimenting/ranking Archwings in PoE.

P.S. I did manage to net 2-3 Kinetic Diversions and 1 Spring-Loaded Blade last week farming Domas regularly (and got lots of the other mods and Korrudo BPs that I don't care about). To give you an idea of how many times I've done this!

thanks mate. The important part for me in this information is that it seems not to spawn anymore after you killed one. I figured myself that reentering the Pleins is the next best soltution but it is a huge pain in the arse tbh as it interupts every time the gameplay.

Still thank you very much for confirming

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 80think08 said:

thanks mate. The important part for me in this information is that it seems not to spawn anymore after you killed one. I figured myself that reentering the Pleins is the next best soltution but it is a huge pain in the arse tbh as it interupts every time the gameplay.

Still thank you very much for confirming

If you want Domas, when exiting Cetus after starting a T5 bounty, exit immediately to the right toward the Lake and fly over and up the Lake away from Cetus to avoid spawning a Tusk Thumper Bull by accident. The Bulls spawn closer to the Cetus door (and pretty much any of the easier parts of PoE). The Domas exclusively spawn further out, flying up and over the lake avoids this problem almost entirely.