Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

need some serious RNG rebalance

(XBOX)Voltren Xytech

where to begin..... let's start at the head
about a week after Revenant was released i had seen he was quite a good Crowd control frame, and he didn't look half bad, so i started farming his parts, i managed to get his chassis in just 6 tries and his systems in 4 tries, but then i hit the metaphorical great drop extinction

i dont mind a hefty grind for parts but i put in a total of slightly over 2000 bounties and never got the neuroptics, i had all the materials and 3/4 blueprints for him
i was grinding for his parts about 15-16 times a day for 4 months [ i was also very stupid at the time, i didn't realize eidolon lens were tradable so i sold them for credits out of desperation, and depression]

now i understand his neuroptics only drop from part 4 and 5 of the bounties, so my full bounty runs were around 800 and barely qualifying around 600, the rest either didn't make it to the fourth part, or failed in part 1 because of some slip up

it also didn't help that this exact grind gave me major burn out, forcing to take a break for a couple months and just recently came back in november

i finally just gave up and bought the frame, but its put a seriously huge damper on the game for me

A Modified Stacking RNG system would probably fix issues similar to this, but instead of having it proc super early {10-25} have it proc at 100-150 drop queues, not including basic resources/credits/dyes/orbs/etc, have it for bounties and relics so to cut down on mental and emotional fatigue/strain

i would rather be flat out told to buy it than go on another "illusion of free choice" grind, i may have wasted my life, but that was a waste of time even by my standards

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, (XB1)Voltren Xytech said:

A Modified Stacking RNG system would probably fix issues similar to this, but instead of having it proc super early {10-25} have it proc at 100-150 drop queues, not including basic resources/credits/dyes/orbs/etc, have it for bounties and relics so to cut down on mental and emotional fatigue/strain

I'm all for that.

There should be some catch all for, if DE would determine that to be a sad and troubling amount of time for a player to put in, something at least begins to ease that.
Those sort of things would go a long way... especially for items you cannot trade.

By run 100, you can tell without a doubt someone is not in a willing position to just buy their way out of it.

Edited by kapn655321

Sheesh.
So, helmet drop rates are 6.76% for stage 4 and 10.20% for stage 5.
Unless it's "things which never happened for 600", the odds of your situation are roughly...

( (1 - 0.0676) * (1 - 0.1020) ) ^ 800 = ( 0.9324 * 0.8980 ) ^ 800 = 2.009 * 10^(-62) which translates into 2.009 * 10^(-60) %
And this is without taking into account the bonus rewards which would bump it down even further and without the "barely qualifying" ones. Like what the hell. There's about 1.6 Trillion planets in our galaxy, but even that is a measly 10^12. Just to give some perspective for the values we are looking at here. In more layman terms, if there were at least hundreds of trillions of living beings on every planet of our galaxy and each of them played Warframe, the odds of even single one of them suffering from the same situation as yours would be far below 0.000001%

And here I was joking with clan mates the other day that there's a chance for some poor soul to never get certain rewards from the game because of RNG. But yea, there needs to be a system to prevent situations like this from ever happening.

Edit: changed math since I missed the bit about failed bounties and whatnot.

Edited by EvilChaosKnight