Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Riven disposition of War should be changed

(XBOX)Agndaur

War has had a Riven disposition of 1 since release making any riven for it completely unviable and the weapon itself mastery fodder. I believe War should receive a major change in its riven disposition as it is already a hard enough weapon to get your hands on in the first place and I rarely ever see anyone using War because of its inferiority compared to other melees such as Gram Prime which everyone uses and may I remind you has a Riven disposition of 5.

I use War and still wreck enemies in Arbitrations, Sorties, Kuva missions, ESO, etc , and I don't use a riven. 

You should rethink your build or playstyle. Not "seeing" people using one of literally hundreds of weapons does not make it mastery fodder. It makes the weapons you do see unnecessarily powerful.

There are plenty of frames that can enhance their weapon damage or force enemies to take more damage which makes it easy to make most weapons viable for high level content. 

On 2019-11-07 at 12:14 PM, [DE]Connor said:

The Old Blood also introduced Melee Phase 2. Now that the weapon power balance has been redistributed, Melee Rivens will soon be affected as part of Prime Access rebalance schedule….. but not quite yet. To give players time to experiment, and to give ourselves a more reliable set of usage stats, we will start Melee Riven changes in the following revisit, scheduled for early next year.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1140336-kuva-weapon-rivens-disposition-process-changes/

Edited by Jarriaga

4 hours ago, (XB1)Agndaur said:

War has had a Riven disposition of 1 since release making any riven for it completely unviable and the weapon itself mastery fodder. I believe War should receive a major change in its riven disposition as it is already a hard enough weapon to get your hands on in the first place and I rarely ever see anyone using War because of its inferiority compared to other melees such as Gram Prime which everyone uses and may I remind you has a Riven disposition of 5.

Melee weapons used to have their dispositions changed based on usage just as primary/secondary but then disposition for melee were frozen leaving many at very high or at very low regardless of meta shift, they are adjusting melee riven disposition early next year, most likely on the first prime access around march.
Also...people don't think of the war as inferior because of the riven dispo it has, but because its not a great weapon stat-wise, impact weighted might as well be a hammer. Finally, doesn't matter if a weapon is hard to get or not, that doesn't guarantee that it will be an amazing weapon, just look at wolf sledge and pathocyst, they are rather mediocre.

After the melee update, War is perfectly usable without a Riven for even high level beefy targets. It may not be as fast as some other melees, but it's practical to use. And I love the reach with Primed Reach + Spring-Loaded Blade... my gosh, you can clear a room with that thing. Hmm... 3.2 + 3 + 2 = 8.2m range?

Oh, don't try to do Sacrificial Steel/Primed Pressure Point with War. It won't work very well... believe I've spent hours trying. CO+WW+Blood Rush works far better than anything I've tried.

EDIT:
Here's what I use (slow for single target, best for crowds where follow through and Quickening work well together):
http://warframe-builder.com/s/ac7be8852a3f4b6c -- Should proc IPS with about equal chance. Ramps up CO fast.

Slightly slower but enormous range (8.2m):
http://warframe-builder.com/s/11889fc8aa79a9c3

Edited by nslay

All melee have been on hold while the melee changes happen ~ soon it might get something and at the same time gram will certainly go down some notches (incidentally who really cares if the hypothetical "everyone" is using any weapon, it was bland MR fodder for me as i already use a Greatsword that has long been good)