Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multiplies Shield Capacity By 5

Wolfstorm18

Or make them take 5x less damage.

At any mission in Eris two melee attacks take 1000 shield points. Thats just insane.

After all those raid missions at the Orokin Void, I think all those artifacts should serve some purpose, like enhancing shield technology. Its time for the Tenno to have better shields, to allow for more power play.

Edited by Wolfstorm18

Or make them take 5x less damage.

At any mission in Eris two melee attacks take 1000 shield points. Thats just insane.

After all those raid missions at the Orokin Void, I think all those artifacts should serve some purpose, like enhancing shield technology. Its time for the Tenno to have better shields, to allow for more power play.

I have done enough Cyanth with Excalibur with only 700 shields.

Either learn to CC more or have better awareness.

Edited by fatpig84

Were you doing Nightmare? I cant think of any normal enemy would do that much damage. Not even those lv120 enemies on T3D does that much damage.

i admit, yesterday there was a Grineer Mobile Defense Alert on Oceanum. enemies were ~lv122. 

a Scorpion melee'd me while i was shooting something else, and she hit me for like 500 shield damage.

on topic:

Warframe is a fast paced game. you're supposed to be active and move around a lot to avoid taking damage. 

Parkour is a big part of the game. 

don't expect to ever just stand around and get hit by bullets for 30 seconds.

that being said, there are defensive frames that can obtain Shields upwards of 1300. you can take a LOT of damage with Shields that high.

powers in Warframe are a big thing. they are a key part to your team doing well. 

i've done just about everything in Warframe with frames ranging from heavy tanks, to fragile zippers. sure, once in a while you might get killed, but if you just play less aggressively, and have weapons that you can rely on, you shouldn't have any significant trouble. 

By power play do you mean that you want easy mode/god mode?

This game is fairly easy as it is and increasing our EHP(effective HP) that much would just make it an utter bore where it would be nearly impossible to ever die unless you went AFK next to a Toxic Ancient or something.

If you're having issues with the game's enemies 3 basic things:

Mobility - Learn to run around and use your agility to get out of the enemies line of fire before they can deal much damage. And if they are a melee enemy use it to stay out of reach.

Awareness - Learn to pay attention to your enemies and prioritize on the dangerous targets

Preparation - Learn to bring the right weapon and mods to the right area.

i admit, yesterday there was a Grineer Mobile Defense Alert on Oceanum. enemies were ~lv122. 

a Scorpion melee'd me while i was shooting something else, and she hit me for like 500 shield damage.

on topic:

Warframe is a fast paced game. you're supposed to be active and move around a lot to avoid taking damage. 

Parkour is a big part of the game. 

don't expect to ever just stand around and get hit by bullets for 30 seconds.

that being said, there are defensive frames that can obtain Shields upwards of 1300. you can take a LOT of damage with Shields that high.

powers in Warframe are a big thing. they are a key part to your team doing well. 

i've done just about everything in Warframe with frames ranging from heavy tanks, to fragile zippers. sure, once in a while you might get killed, but if you just play less aggressively, and have weapons that you can rely on, you shouldn't have any significant trouble.

Too bad the parkour sucks complete &#!. Even Sean Devlin, stereotypical Irish protagonist of The Saboteur displays better parkour than most Tenno. The clunky controls and stamina system more or less kill whatever joy I could get from parkour.

Both Prototypes, both inFamous games, every Assassin's Creed game, virtually every game that features parkour as a form of movement to the point that a great deal of joy comes from just that, moving around, has both either great controls and unlimited stamina, or just unlimited stamina.

You know what games have stamina as a means of slowing you down unless you slot up items using very limited space? The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series.

Too bad the parkour sucks complete &#!. Even Sean Devlin, stereotypical Irish protagonist of The Saboteur displays better parkour than most Tenno. The clunky controls and stamina system more or less kill whatever joy I could get from parkour.

Both Prototypes, both inFamous games, every Assassin's Creed game, virtually every game that features parkour as a form of movement to the point that a great deal of joy comes from just that, moving around, has both either great controls and unlimited stamina, or just unlimited stamina.

You know what games have stamina as a means of slowing you down unless you slot up items using very limited space? The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series.

The prob is you are comparing games that actually have a working stealth mechanic where you aren't fighting hordes of enemies at once.

And you forget that this game is still in the Beta. And this game has really a really good parkour system that is somewhat realistic. How safe is it jump on someone from six stories or to jump into a hay bale or bush from six stories? Is it possible to jump upwards and backwards and still grab a ledge that is about 4 feet behind you?

I know it is a video game, but the genre is different therefore the game isn't going to be similar. And a lot of the parkour in this game is like every game: based on player skill. Some games just focus on parkour therefore it is obviously much easier to do.

Jefftiffy, on 01 Oct 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

The prob is you are comparing games that actually have a working stealth mechanic where you aren't fighting hordes of enemies at once.

And you forget that this game is still in the Beta. And this game has really a really good parkour system that is somewhat realistic. How safe is it jump on someone from six stories or to jump into a hay bale or bush from six stories? Is it possible to jump upwards and backwards and still grab a ledge that is about 4 feet behind you?

I know it is a video game, but the genre is different therefore the game isn't going to be similar. And a lot of the parkour in this game is like every game: based on player skill. Some games just focus on parkour therefore it is obviously much easier to do.

Yeah, the game is in beta, for like one more month. I hate that "It's a beta!" excuse. Time and again I see it being tossed around, as if the game will magically have all it's issues fixed when the game is released at the PS4 launch.

It stopped being beta long ago. It's just the whole early-access crap developers are using to try and sucker people into spending money. Guess what, DE isn't a little Indie Dev either. They are one of the top employers three years in a row for Canada, made Unreal and helped with BioShock and even landed a Star Trek game that is tied into the JJ Abramsverse. You don't get all of that by being a small, Indie developer, especially landing the Star Trek deal. Paramount is right up there with Disney in demanding that anyone making games for them can manage a good AAA title or they'll take their business to someone who can.