Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

when will infested weapons receive an upgraded variant?

Space0ddity

has de honestly forgot about these guns? toxocyst was the first snistol, paracyst was the original BFG rifle before komorex, and every other infested weapon has been meta before. i’d honestly like to see a faster toxocyst, a paracyst that hits like a truck or a viable version of dual ichors. please de, show some love to the most horrifying weapons in our arsenals

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

Seems we got to wait for infested liches (if that's going to be a thing). Haven't you notice there's very little primed variant of infested weapons?

There's literally 0 primed variants of infested weapons. Same as Corpus and Grineer weapons. The only weapons to get a primed version are the Tenno ones.

1 minute ago, Hypodermique said:

There's literally 0 primed variants of infested weapons. Same as Corpus and Grineer weapons. The only weapons to get a primed version are the Tenno ones.

True.

But is also true that Tenno weapon have: prime variant, vandal variant, syndicate variant, mk-1 variant

Corpus weapon have: prisma variant and vandal variant

Grineer weapon have: prisma variant, kuva vriant, wraith variant

Infested weapons have: nothing =(

[and i'm sure i forgot something]

• Like 1

Corpus and Grineer weaponry can at least theoretically be primed as it could have been based on an orokin weapon, but Infested weapons are unlikely to be primed as it wouldn't be an infested weapon if it was, it would be what that weapon looked like before it was primed and it may be completely dissimilar to the infested weapon in that case.

Also, lore-wise, infested weapons don't necessarily need a prime variant as they could have an alternate, just like Prisma and Wraith they could have 'Ancient' or 'Origin' or something like that, basically, a weapon that was actually crafted by the intelligent parts of the infestation, the pathocyst could be an example of that and a Pathocyst Origin would be a needed buff to a weapon that is distinctly mediocre.

I'd imagine they could become a thing with Infested Liches, which we really don't know how they would even look or work. Hopefully they are something of a "Psuedo-Warframe", as in, some sort of Infested being that is trying to replicate the functions of a Warframe, and could be fun to see how they imitate certain Warframe powers.

Anyway, just give me an upgraded variant of the Hirudo and I am a happy camper.