Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea For Improved Kogake Mobility.

PookieNumnums

The Kogake is a weapon loved by many.

When it first game out it had the same slide attack as the ankyros, a spinning uppercut. Shortly after, they changed it and gave the kogake its own slide maneuver, the front handspring kick.

The kick is great but when they did this, the kogake lost a large portion of its mobility, as the flip kick tends to stop your movement before you can continue on.

I propose this: Give the kogake back the spinning uppercut for the slide attack, and switch the wall attack from the superman punch (used by many melee weapons) to the flip kick. I think the flipkick off of the wall would look great (could lead into a roll) and allow a more natural transition at the end of the animation from the maneuver back to running. 

No way, don't you dare take away the flip kick. It's MUCH more interesting of a move than the uppercut. It ragdolls, it has two hitboxes instead of just one and a greater overall range and it suits the weapon thematically.

All they need to do is make the flip kick maintain inertia, but even then I'm cautious about that because it may make aiming it even harder.

Edited by Fundance

The uppercut should stay with fist-specific weapons, IMO. If they altered the way the slide attack works so that your character doesn't have to slow down in order to push off his hands (which, really, a space ninja in a supersuit shouldn't have to do), then that would make things a lot nicer.

Although I think it would be hilarious if they replaced it with a miniature No-Shadow Kick or something stereotypical like that. Mobility, hilarity at movesets, and hilarity at the physics of the result of the moveset make for a very happy Tenno. XD

Edited by SortaRandom

I love the current handspring kick animation, I just hate how it transitions back into a slide. I want to be able to continue on by sprinting right after the kick to keep up the flow. I know I can just press crouch right after the kick to do exactly this, but this fix would make it so much more convenient.