Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

bad fellings

Luciole77

They stated that solo play is not the point nor intentions of early launch railjack. You are going to have to wait for the command skill tree to get NPCs which will let you solo. So, no, this is co-op 'only'. You can try to solo it, but it's ungodly hard. Find a crew, or make one yourself for now. There will be no shortage of crews to join and if you have your own ship, you can form one with friends and clan members.

• Like 4

Not on launch.

I believe there will be ships shortly after that make the solo experience more sensible.
Less ground to cover, more covert.

They're just not ready. Might be a bit.

In the meantime, you can get intell on what resources should be stockpiled, and farm up the right Lich NPCs for the job.

a lot of people can tend to have bad feeling before major updates. I always say "hype responsibly", because while it's nice to celebrate and talk about the things you love that are on the horizon, expecting too much can lead to disappointment. solo players will probably have a hard time at first, but once NPC crews are added later it won't be as bad.

I myself prefer to play alone, but this is a co-op game after all. plus we can use the time until Railjack launches to get our crews together.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7
  • Like 3

... I want it released first before saying something about it.

... Seriously, no point in talking about "bad feelings" when you have no idea what's going to be present at the moment of release. Let the 2nd portion of Railjack content be released first, then we'll all have something concrete to talk about afterwards.

• Like 6

I believe DESheldon was eluding to having run solo stuff in the Dev build, so it's not that it isn't coming, just that it won't be on this update.

Judging from the last devstream, they might need to make some last minute adjustments to the balance of the railjack experience for even co-ops.

Also, never know if there will be some oversights that make it relatively easy to cheese until the intended solo content comes along.

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’ll be fine. I’m honestly more worried about the forge system. Spending resources just to reload a fire extinguisher is dumb.

It's Warframe though. A month after the stress of resources will be a complaint of an overabundance of resources again with "nothing to do with them". 

• Like 3

Knowing DE, it'll take half a year to add NPC crews just because people were begging for Liches to be available as crew members. Heck, I don't want those ugly things anywhere near my ship.

So I'll probably end up soloing low level missions until I got enough points in Piloting and perhaps Gunnery or Engineering to play this stuff alone without having my ship blow up every 2 seconds.

God, I don't even want to know how much stuff I'll need to farm just to research upgrades AND then build then. Damn Clan research.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’ll be fine. I’m honestly more worried about the forge system. Spending resources just to reload a fire extinguisher is dumb.

^This.  I'll say it right now:  fire extinguishers should recharge themselves like the Cycron and Fulmin.  We should never have to craft or load ammo for them.  DE will come to that realization sometime next year, just like what happened with the archwing launcher when PoE launched.  *shudders at the thought of all that fish oil*

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

It's Warframe though. A month after the stress of resources will be a complaint of an overabundance of resources again with "nothing to do with them". 

I’d rather have to many resources than being forced to spend them to complete the mission that I’m doing to get those resources to upgrade my ships weapons.

• Like 1

I wish that people would pay attention to the Devstream more. One of them openly said that he'd been soloing missions just fine. Sure it will be a little bit of a struggle, as the launch will not include the Command skill tree which is for NPC support on the ship. But it will be perfectly doable.

Also they dove into a mission unprepared with an underpowered railjack and basically shouted "F. it! We'll do it live!" And just dove right into the middle of the enemy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

Which is why there's supply stocking though.

That’s about as justifying to the system as saying “oh it’s ok that requiem mods are consumable because they have 3 charges instead of having only 1 use”. It’s a bad system, regardless of what things they add to it to make it appear less bad.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

21 minutes ago, --C--Nehra said:

Do solo players enjoy tridolon? Profit taker? Or do squads make the most out of it? 🤔

Sadly for us (solo players) the game is always gonna flip us off. 😭

Can’t the right Oberon and operator setup solo a tricap?

And people have been soloing profit taker since week 1. You want a boss that actually can’t be solo’d it’s exploiter. 1 person can not drain the thermia canisters and keep the raknoids off Exploiter at the same time.

• Like 1

dont know what to say about the game play but  the lag high ping getting stuck bugs host migration every 2s  this all are guaranteed  and i still dont know if i want to leave a match why i have to wait 60s or something cant i just go to the location and press X to leave  i dont kow who the f thought it was ok to wait 60s  and the thing resets every time u move a little and best enemy for some reason forget all thing and just come to the person that is leaving  so if a team goes to a mission that going to be same thing in the railjack if they want to stay for suppose 25min and someone leaves at 5min than u r scrued all the enemy will go to the one living and the life support runs out  if all the AI  and  bugs lags is going to be same then this co-op thing is a joke  slow game play enemy smaller than ant have of the thing not even developed  and if  that is all after 2years  Sea of theif is much better  that is exactly the same thing  the bugs after 2years of waiting i thing EAs Anthems demo was better even tho game was bad to play 

so no matter what warframe says about co op alley  with this dum system my guess almost all will  go the co op rout for some mission and then back to  solo route at the end and looking at the history of warframe nothing hard will ever come out

More than likely railjack is going to kill the game. 

They'll institute more ridiculous rewards like super overpowered mods or arcanes that require you to grind railjack ... not because they want to, but because the salty little baby veterans demand epic lootz to play railjack. If they don't, everyone will whine about spending resources for nothing.

That will push this game EVEN FURTHER out of the reach of new players, and will likely be the final straw that pushes any and all new players away. At that point warframe will be populated only by veterans, and the salty little children will do the rest of the work to kill the game.

The veterans in this game are the worst, because they don't know what they need, and DE gives them whatever they want.

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Can’t the right Oberon and operator setup solo a tricap?

And people have been soloing profit taker since week 1. You want a boss that actually can’t be solo’d it’s exploiter. 1 person can not drain the thermia canisters and keep the raknoids off Exploiter at the same time.

I didn't say they can't solo it. I just said squads are way more optimal. 

• Like 1