Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Vauban a stationary shield

Shockness

I have no idea why an engineer type warframe isn't fitted with a deployable shield. I'd wish his 3 just gets removed because it's useless, and replace it with a deployable shield similar to Volt's shield, but a tad larger and without the damage buff. This would also help him survive a bit more because he's extremely squishy against high level enemies with projectile based weaponry.

I'd also like his Flechette Orb to be a deployable turret instead. Would just be way cooler to be fair.

I just don't understand why they made an engineer type warframe and didn't include the typical engineer styled abilities. Instead they gave him a bunch of recycled balls with low impact effects and called it a day.

vor 26 Minuten schrieb Shockness:

. I'd wish his 3 just gets removed because it's useless

In your build... perhaps.
In my build is a spamable 5k bomb because of the Photon Repeater augment.
Don't underestimate the variety of builds.

Besides that, I too think that Vauban needs a bit more self-defense... perhaps the (in my build) useless movement increaser could be swapped into a deployable energy shield.

44 minutes ago, Shockness said:

I'd wish his 3 just gets removed because it's useless

You're wrong and you should feel bad.

eplace it with a deployable shield similar to Volt's shield

They should get rid of Vector Pad since it's just as much of a gimmick as the bounce pad was. Rather than a Volt-like shield, they could just make it a shield generator (like a tesla conductor) that heavily boosts shield regeneration and prevents status effects while within range (maybe for a bit after leaving range).

I'd also like his Flechette Orb to be a deployable turret instead. Would just be way cooler to be fair.

I just don't understand why they made an engineer type warframe and didn't include the typical engineer styled abilities. Instead they gave him a bunch of recycled balls with low impact effects and called it a day.

The ball is less visual clutter, and design time. Keep in mind that all of his abilities are spammable. Complex and obtrusive visuals for him would be an eye sore and detrimental to gameplay.

Also, he isn't a typical engineer. He's a highly advanced techno-organic space ninja powered by a void-infused "magic" child. a simple turret or shield wall makes him no more impressive than the grineer that we've spent years single-handedly committing genocide on. 

Edited by (PS4)Ozymandias-13-
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

In your build... perhaps.
In my build is a spamable 5k bomb because of the Photon Repeater augment.
Don't underestimate the variety of builds.

Besides that, I too think that Vauban needs a bit more self-defense... perhaps the (in my build) useless movement increaser could be swapped into a deployable energy shield.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

You're wrong and you should feel bad.

They should get rid of Vector Pad since it's just as much of a gimmick as the bounce pad was. Rather than a Volt-like shield, they could just make it a shield generator that heavily boosts shield regeneration and prevents status effects while within range (maybe for a bit after leaving range).

The ball i less visual clutter, and design time. Keep in mind that all of his abilities are spammable. Complex and obtrusive visuals for him would be an eye sore and detrimental to gameplay.

Also, he isn't a typical engineer. He's a highly advanced techno-organic space ninja powered by a void-infused "magic" child. a simple turret or shield wall makes him no more impressive than the grineer that we've spent years single-handedly committing genocide on. 

With the lack of range and the duration it takes to throw his 3 I could've already killed everyone I wanted to with my primary gun. Theres absolutely no reason for his 3. I'm sure you're happy Vauban finally has a damaging ability but in what world is his 3 considered 'good'? If I want to be able to blast enemies from space Ember does that and 20x better.

I understand you don't want Vauban to become a grineer like engineer with no real void power, but there are plenty of ways to make a nice looking turret that synergizes well with the void theme.

Talking about visual clutter and how his abilities are supposed to be spammed, this is one of the things Warframe honestly needs to get rid of. The whole spamfest of abilities is obnoxious and doesn't offer much gameplay. It would be way more interesting if there would be less spam but more powerful and impactful abilities that require you to actually think while playing and not just press a button multiple times within a timeframe to defeat ur enemies.

I do agree that the boost pad just needs to go and should be replaced with something actually useful. I don't know who at DE came with that idea for an ability but please don't allow him/her to make any more.

3 hours ago, Shockness said:

I just don't understand why they made an engineer type warframe and didn't include the typical engineer styled abilities.

So, you'd rather have something incredibly generic that we've seen a thousand times already.

With all due respect ... meh.

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

So, you'd rather have something incredibly generic that we've seen a thousand times already.

Oh so you think 4 abilities that are all the same balls but with different effects is original and not lazy design?

4 hours ago, Shockness said:

With the lack of range and the duration it takes to throw his 3 I could've already killed everyone I wanted to with my primary gun. Theres absolutely no reason for his 3. I'm sure you're happy Vauban finally has a damaging ability but in what world is his 3 considered 'good'? If I want to be able to blast enemies from space Ember does that and 20x better.

His ability scales with the level of the enemies in the blast... Most weapons and abilities are not that effective.

No argument with your other points though. Hehe