Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Know There Is A Weapon Balance Problem When....

Solaurus

The only setups you see are

Rhino/Soma/Acrid/Galatine

or

Nova/Flux Rifle/Acrid/Orthos Prime

or

Rhino or Nova/ Strun Wraith/ Acrid (again)/ Dual Ichor or Orthos Prime or Galatine.

For the past 6 random pubs, I have seen these builds over and over again. Will Armor 2.0 be enough to get people to use different builds? I myself run a somewhat similar one although I just use whatever I happen to be ranking at the time  (I use Volt/Braton Prime or Lanka or Flux with a sprinkle of Soma/ Dual Ichor/ and Despair or T.Gremlins.) 

I'm kind glad that DE decided to put off Armor 2.0 so that they can refine it.

Edited by Solaurus

my build

volt braton mk1 , lato , skana

ok ok

its not

I use acrid/flux/soma/despair/orthos prime/fang prime/hate and now also jello - only those wpns are potatoed - well ialso potatoed dread but that was when I was noob and it was 1st bp that I got

its not our fault that you cant be as effective coming into a game with lets say braton prime , afuris and bo ... its scotts fault

Edited by syle

twin gremlins - yes they can - its a very good wpn was considering potato it

afuris - no you are out of ammo to fast and dmg is way to low - still my favorite gun in this game - but I wont waste potato or formas on it

Edited by syle

not being a min/maxer, i actually use almost none of the equipment listed here, ever. i have most of it, but most of the OP stuff, is boring as hell. they're just not interesting.

- Flux just goes pew in a straight line, firing it once, you've seen 100% of what it does. big whoop. it might be powerful, but it's the most uninteresting thing i've ever seen. lots of enemies die, but the weapon itself does nothing. just a box in your hands that a laser pointer comes out of. 

- Acrid is disgusting to look at and listen to, and the reload makes me want to hurt someone. it's just as boring as Flux, even though it's fully animated.

- the Orthos class of weapons, that's an actual preference i guess, but certainly not my thing. i hate the swing arc of them. and honestly, Orthos should have less single target DPS, but more range and swing so that it's the ultimate CC melee weapon. but it's just better than everything else(other than Galatine). 

- Ogris is not very interesting. this isn't a PhysX destruction demo or anything, so constant explosions, meh. i'm not Michael Bay, Explosions don't give me an Orgasm. they're cool when they add to the game, but constant, is boring.

- thrown weapons, meh. throwing knives are cool with their ammunition efficiency, and the accuracy, but that's literally the extent of their interest. those two things doesn't make a weapon that's interesting to me.

- Galatine is a bit different here. it's a Greatsword, which is what i wanted out of Gram, and it does look really cool, and it's amusing to use from time to time. i'm glad it exists, because i have my Greatsword. but it's not really my general melee weapon.

- SWraith, i enjoy it's tactility, but it's not my ideal type of shotgun. i like my shotguns to act like a pump action marksman's rifle. that's just how i am.

- Soma has great tactility, and it's very universal, it can be a Marksmans' rifle, and a machine gun at the same time, which is great. it's one of my favorites, and still would be even if it did half the damage it does now. (it's also a f*cking Harmonica gun, <3)

ultimately, the only weapons so far that have locked their places in my Arsenal unless a weapon that i enjoy more comes into existence, are Gremlins(f*cking Harmonica guns <3), and Fangs(due to being very quick to attack which is different, looking really sleek, and also being a decent mobility melee at the same time). my primary weapon changes all the time, depending on what i feel like using. 

that being said, i certainly agree there is a lot of content that everyone uses, because it's simply better than all the rest of it, period.

once again, nullifying all the existing content in the game every time new content is released is one great way to drive Warframe into the ground.

if people want to experience different things in Warframe, but find only 0.5% of the entire game is worth playing, well, then the other 99.5% of the game, effectively isn't there. so players will ignore it when they mentally judge Warframe. 

or

or

Rhino or Nova/ Strun Wraith/ Acrid (again)/ Dual Ichor or Orthos Prime or Galatine.

Rhino: Tankiest warframe in the game, which means high survivability and is extremely easy to play as. With his ability to buff and his extremely powerful Stomp, the only downside to him is his base slow running speed. Of course the vast majority flock to him. He's the simplest frame to play.

Nova: Basically on the other spectrum. Weak armor-wise, but overwhelmingly powerful damage-wise. I personally use her due to that awesome teleport, and her Molecular Prime helps weaken the defenses of high level enemies. Once again, of course people flock to her. She's the most powerful damage-wise in the game. And everyone loves explosions.

Soma and Galatine: These two are the newest weapons in the game. That alone would mean alot of people will be using them. Soma's high crit makes it more viable than most weapons late game. Galatine's high charge damage makes it one of the only viable melee weapons currently. And, since it's easier to craft than Orthos Prime, many people are working towards obtaining it.

Flux Rifle: Flux is not only one of the more unique weapons, but it's -perfect- for Nova. Nova and Flux are perfect together, since its constant damage strengthens her Antimatter Drop. Sitting there pointing out Novas using Flux Rifles being a bad thing is pretty derp.

Dual Ichor: Once again, another brand new weapon that people are still testing. It's basically a special and more powerful version of the Zorens - as they should be since they're research weapons. Again, I see no problem with this.

Strun Wraith: A: It's an event weapon. B: It's actually fun to use. C: It's still considered new-ish. D: It's one of the only shotguns that actually works like a shotgun. E: It's also one of the only shotguns that's viable late game. Keyphrase in all this is "ONE OF THE". I'm not saying it's the ONLY one. Keep that in mind.

Acrid: Best secondary. It's a weapon most with clans have crafted, maxed, forma'd, and use as a backup when things get hairy. Same goes for Despair. .

Edit: My usual setup is...anything I freakin' want. I play to have fun. Most of the time though, I'm using weapons that need to be ranked up.

Edited by SoulEchelon

I'm guilty of this, using Rhino/Acrid/Galatine.

However, I always carry one useless primary for the sake of having other people level it for me, so I never have to touch it.  Sometimes it's vice versa w/ a melee weapon that isn't as fun as the Galatine (every other melee weapon).

Sorry for liking Rhino from the time he sucked and being happy that he's good now. I really am sorry for not liking the same things, I hope you can forgive me, almighty Solaurus, I'm begging your pardon!

Now shut the F*** up and accept there are different people.

Whoa, I don't think OP is saying that you have to like the same things as s/he does, just that there's not much diversity among the types of builds s/he's been seeing. You can like what you like (finally built Nova recently and am in love with MPrime, and am in love with Galantine right now), it's just that there's something to be said when a majority of people are often playing Nova or Rhino, or have these common builds.

I think that the lack of diversity and commonality of certain builds is because currently, the weapons or frames that have the most success are the ones with the most survivability and/or have the best "room clearing" abilities. It's pretty smashy and leaves little room for those who want to play differently but still be efficient about it. There's a reason why you don't see a ton of Volts sprinting around with Braton Primes, and the unfortunate truth is that other builds aren't DPS-dealing monsters. 

Hopefully the new system will address this current issue of favoring the limited palette of DPS-monster builds. And of course, nothing wrong with those builds either! I love being super DAKKA and melting everything in sight. Just wouldn't hurt to favor other sorts of builds -- and in turn -- gameplay, as well. 

Nekros/Loki + Ignis + Kunai + Glaive.

It transforms me from a Tenno to a happy Tenno.

But on a more serious note, this is what the "tiered system" brings about to this game. Anyone who says that tiers will bring about more variety to weapon/frame loadouts is either just kidding themselves or they're completely blind to what's already happening in the game.

Edited by SortaRandom

When I play seriously I use Frost/Ogris/Gremlins(still don't own Despair yet, 11 Dreads GG)/Orthos Prime. That's for T3 Defense, because everything else is so easy I could use my Saryn/Latron Prime/AkLato/Dakra Prime setup and still do fine.

my build

volt braton mk1 , lato , skana

ok ok

its not

I use acrid/flux/soma/despair/orthos prime/fang prime/hate and now also jello - only those wpns are potatoed - well ialso potatoed dread but that was when I was noob and it was 1st bp that I got

its not our fault that you cant be as effective coming into a game with lets say braton prime , afuris and bo ... its scotts fault

Braton Prime: Pure unadulterated sexy. If you don't own a potatoed one, you are a nub. It's true, read the EULA.

I'll use my Rhino when I need to get stuff done, but will use my Rage Saryn, Nekros, Mag Prime, or Frost Prime when the situation calls for it or I feel like having more fun. I use SWraith or Soma when I need to get stuff done(T3 defense/high level alerts), but I really love my Miter and Synapse. For secondaries, I switch between Dual Vastos and Twin Gremlins as needed. I've always loved my Dual Zoren, so Dual Ichor is more or less an interesting sidegrade.

I think you're missing the point of me complaining that people are too similar instead of different. How 'bout greasing up that pretty little thumb of yours and shoving it straight up your &amp;#&#33; before you spew your stupidity over my topic, boy.

That was entirely unnecessary. I'm expecting a warning to be issued soon.

Edited by Grascen

Guys this isn't a post your build thread it's discussing weapon and frame balance.

I doubt armor 2.0 will really fix anything apart from making certain guns viable against high level enemies. The reason those guns are used are because they're straight up better than everything else. The Soma itself doesn't ignore armor and yet it's currently one of the best weapons.

As for the warframes, Rhino is just an easymode frame that people use when they don't want to worry about anything. There's no good way to get people to stop playing him without nerfing him to the point where he's unviable. Nova is up on the chopping block according to update 14. People say she falls off on higher level enemies but really only her 1 falls off, everything else stays relevant. Others are either being looked at by DE or are still pretty useful for things other than killing.

I'm not really opposed to top tier weapons as long as they're stupidly hard to obtain, but as it stands it's just a grindfest to get them. By the time people have a high enough mastery to get them they can easily build the parts for them.

or

or

For the past 6 random pubs, I have seen these builds over and over again. Will Armor 2.0 be enough to get people to use different builds? I myself run a somewhat similar one although I just use whatever I happen to be ranking at the time  (I use Volt/Braton Prime or Lanka or Flux with a sprinkle of Soma/ Dual Ichor/ and Despair or T.Gremlins.) 

I'm kind glad that DE decided to put off Armor 2.0 so that they can refine it.

That's funny because I've been carrying twin gremlins practically all the time since they came out.  And, I see people carrying all sorts of stuff.  Also, although Nova is my favorite Warframe, I play the other warframes too so I can compare them, especially when they get changes, and just for fun.  So, perhaps you are exaggerating?

Edited by ThePresident777