Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has Some Of The Community Forgotten That They Agreed To Be De's Guinea Pigs For Warframe?

Aspari

DE has been running this behavioral study with the community since day one. They want to know exactly what's acceptable and what isn't, and they will go to the extreme sometimes just to know how the community will react. It's an on-going experiment that is necessary so that they can avoid being the company everybody hates for whatever reason once Warframe is on full release. 

DE has done a lot of things that have upset the community intentionally just to see how much of a reaction they'll produce. During U10's release the community was the loudest I've ever seen and I've seen so many people claiming that the game is going to just fall over and die. Well, it hasn't happened and it most likely won't happen so long as DE properly uses the data the collected on the community.

I don't agree with everything DE does though, that's for certain. We've all seen them do something a bit extreme when it wasn't warranted. And they even made a public apology for the latest extreme they pulled. If DE fixes the issue all the cries about the game dying will cease almost immediately. That I can guarantee. Some things aren't easy to fix at all. If any of you had an engineer work on something you own they fix one thing but end up breaking another. Is that necessarily to milk more time and money out of you? No, and sometimes that's the direct result of trying to fix things too fast just to meet a deadline. 

And god forbid DE make an honest human mistake. It's one thing if they do something completely radical and unwarranted, but I've seen this community hoot and holler over simple mistakes that can be easily fixed the next day.

This community is a rotten apple. All they do is cry everyday about a game that is in Beta, and they think that DE have 1000 employees on 24/7 shift constantly working for their selfish demands....

I really wish this game is P2P, we would get better support since DE earns stable income, and keep all the F2P complainers out.

I really wish this game is P2P, we would get better support since DE earns stable income, and keep all the F2P complainers out.

Oh man. This game would go places if it was P2P. At least that's would i would hope for it.

Edited by BlueQuail

This community is a rotten apple. All they do is cry everyday about a game that is in Beta, and they think that DE have 1000 employees on 24/7 shift constantly working for their selfish demands....

Oh yes, because DE, a three-year winner of "Top Employer" in Canada, developers of Unreal and in part BioShock, and the 2011 Large Business of the Year award winner is such a small company.

And that "..we would get better support..." part shows that you feel like you are a part of the company, that you are, somehow, for having spent a couple hundred dollars on the game, a contributing part of the company.

If this game was P2P, it would lose a huge amount of it's community because of the elitism shown here.  If you cut out every player who was not at least a Hunter, you'd boil down to two factions of angry players. One mad that they're voices are not being heard, and the group of White Knights angry at them.

If it was not for the free to play community, we would not have many of the things we have now. The most glaring example is the (supposedly) upcoming Armor 2.0.

If we did give feedback, complain, or even berate, DE would still be sticking by the "Armor is working as intended." statement, and the game would not have a long life. It would be doomed to a BRINK style death, enjoyed by some and respected, but panned by reviews and ultimately not bought.

Your incendiary comments do nothing for solving the issues at hand.

I don't mind that they make mistakes, and huge ones at that.

I do mind when they go mysteriously deaf at any mention of certain mistakes and refuse to fix them. Remember what could have happened with that Forma drop rate fiasco? Being lied to by the company that you're trying to help for mutual benefit is not nice, and does not lead to nice outcomes. That particular event was a pretty damn close save, IMO.

There aren't too many overly-pressing issues in the game at the moment (when compared to the hellish first week of U10, at least), but the devs do seem to be turning a blind eye from the issues regarding power creep and the continuation of grinding. I imagine that they're more focused on reworking the damage formula before addressing either of these (especially the power creep issue), but to not hear a word on the matters besides "we're working on it" is rather disheartening.

But eh. Wait till Wednesday, I guess.

Edited by SortaRandom

There aren't too many overly-pressing issues in the game at the moment (when compared to the hellish first week of U10, at least), but the devs do seem to be turning a blind eye from the issues regarding power creep and the continuation of grinding. I imagine that they're more focused on reworking the damage formula before addressing either of these (especially the power creep issue), but to not hear a word on the matters besides "we're working on it" is rather disheartening.

I imagine they're putting their eggs in the 'rework the damage formula' basket, because they think it has the potential to fix power creep and grinding altogether, which it does to some extent.

There are a massive amount of assumptions in the OP.

How do you know they are upsetting people on purpose? Cite your source please.  They could just be incompetent (before you have a fit, I'm not saying they are incompetent, just that it is an explanation) or making genuine mistakes, how are we to know?

Saying that if they fix all the problems people will stop crying about the game dying is naive.  People as a whole will always find something to complain about and those who do complain will complain louder than those who think all is good.  It's the way that online games have been forever.

I do love these posts from people outside the company using "facts" that they cannot possibly have access to.

DE has been running this behavioral study with the community since day one. They want to know exactly what's acceptable and what isn't, and they will go to the extreme sometimes just to know how the community will react. It's an on-going experiment that is necessary so that they can avoid being the company everybody hates for whatever reason once Warframe is on full release. 

DE has done a lot of things that have upset the community intentionally just to see how much of a reaction they'll produce. During U10's release the community was the loudest I've ever seen and I've seen so many people claiming that the game is going to just fall over and die. Well, it hasn't happened and it most likely won't happen so long as DE properly uses the data the collected on the community.

I don't agree with everything DE does though, that's for certain. We've all seen them do something a bit extreme when it wasn't warranted. And they even made a public apology for the latest extreme they pulled. If DE fixes the issue all the cries about the game dying will cease almost immediately. That I can guarantee. Some things aren't easy to fix at all. If any of you had an engineer work on something you own they fix one thing but end up breaking another. Is that necessarily to milk more time and money out of you? No, and sometimes that's the direct result of trying to fix things too fast just to meet a deadline. 

And god forbid DE make an honest human mistake. It's one thing if they do something completely radical and unwarranted, but I've seen this community hoot and holler over simple mistakes that can be easily fixed the next day.

The problem is they repeat the same mistakes over and over. If they really wanted us to be guinea pigs, they should reduce the prices of everything in the market for half of the playerbase by 75% and see if they make more money.

It's silly, but not unreasonable.

It is unreasonable. He doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. This game would be lucky to say it has a fourth of the actual content most P2P games launch with. Not only that, it has a broken grind chain.

If anything P2P would be like euthanasia for Warframe.

Even higher than the "weapons jamming" idea?

Not quite that bad.

It is unreasonable. He doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. This game would be lucky to say it has a fourth of the actual content most P2P games launch with. Not only that, it has a broken grind chain.

If anything P2P would be like euthanasia for Warframe.

If it was P2P, it would have all that content, and wouldn't have a broken grind chain. It's a wish.