Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For Conclave to succeed it needs a complete rebrand.

slykidd

In my opinion trying to make traditional PVP work in warframe is a fool's errand. its too hard and theres too much to consider to balance, especially when you gotta factor all the weapons, frames operators... you'd basically have to balance 7 years worth of content. I've been looking at the conclave forums and I haven't seen anyone mention this (apologies if someone has!). I think conclave should be rebranded to "competitive" the idea would be for players to COMPETE WITHOUT DIRECT INTERFERENCE. once you apply that single rule things become so much more easy to consider and balance new game modes become easier to make. here are some examples. 

Races- Archwing,K-drives... honestly why are these game modes not in the game yet they are so simple yet so fun and the variations on them can be varied, time trials, 4 players race, 8 players race,checkpoint races and grand prix we also have the maps for them we have 2 open worlds fortuna and plains. Making a map route that goes through those spaces and their caves would be tons of fun. 

Foot Obstacle courses- one of the main appeal in warframe is the mobility the game gives you access to, instead of being scared and wanting to limit it in competitive lets embrace it! we even have a dojo obstacle course lets put that in competitive. Lets reward players that have the skill by giving them challenges to test them. 

ESO but competitive- two teams of 4 have to keep their efficiency in killing the enemies for a certain amount of rounds, if they both get to the end then who has the highest efficiency wins. 

forge!- if we dont like the game modes they give us lets just make our own game!

I think DE is definitely missing an easy to way to shut the content drought and the "theres no endgame" problem players up! ( I know im one of them). I also think players dont necessarily dislike being competitive but having to fight each other causes more problem than are worth investing time in.

Thoughts? id especially like to hear from those of you who dislike PVP with a passion! 

The k-drive race woud be a fine adittion, since all k-drives have the same stats, your modding will make your table unique.Imagine they let us build idk , a room in the dojo to practise.

Foot obtacle course, interesting idea, but since every warfame is unique, bet there will be tons of speedy warframes. woud be interesting to see how can that develope.

Competitive eso, tons of saryn, not than fun, or at least the efficiency drops a LOT faster woud be borring

1 minute ago, FRTE_Ret5o said:

The k-drive race woud be a fine adittion, since all k-drives have the same stats, your modding will make your table unique.Imagine they let us build idk , a room in the dojo to practise.

Foot obtacle course, interesting idea, but since every warfame is unique, bet there will be tons of speedy warframes. woud be interesting to see how can that develope.

Competitive eso, tons of saryn, not than fun, or at least the efficiency drops a LOT faster woud be borring

1.) its a mystery why they havent added k drives races haha

2.) I think theres definitely ways to balance it no mods or maybe only parkour mods or even just outright ban certain frames and definitely no powers or else its a wukong drift frame situation again. 

3.) you can solve that by only allowing 1 frame per team so you have to be varied. 

To overhaul Conclave DE would either need to dedicate time to work on it or hire more people. Heck the few devs that work on conclave are busy with Railjack and New War stuff. On the flip side hiring more people would mean more devs to work on more PVE stuff so either way conclave would get set aside.

If easy stuff like K-Drive races or parkour races are added it won't make much difference in the amount of players that it pulls in. I play WF because it's a PVE horde looter-shooter whateveryouwanttocallthisgame. I've got Halo for my PVP fix.

AND that's not even getting into the matchmaking discussion (Peer-to-peer, dedicated servers, the whole shebang).

hace 1 minuto, slykidd dijo:

1.) its a mystery why they havent added k drives races haha

2.) I think theres definitely ways to balance it no mods or maybe only parkour mods or even just outright ban certain frames and definitely no powers or else its a wukong drift frame situation again. 

3.) you can solve that by only allowing 1 frame per team so you have to be varied. 

-agree in the k-drive races XD is something that coud be used a lot

-im still ushure bout the race. But i agree in no powers

-still a saryn can do an 8 round eso solo, so even if only one per team we will se lots of dps warframes a lot(btw im the one who woud bring trinity for energy) 😄

1 minute ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

To overhaul Conclave DE would either need to dedicate time to work on it or hire more people. Heck the few devs that work on conclave are busy with Railjack and New War stuff. On the flip side hiring more people would mean more devs to work on more PVE stuff so either way conclave would get set aside.

If easy stuff like K-Drive races or parkour races are added it won't make much difference in the amount of players that it pulls in. I play WF because it's a PVE horde looter-shooter whateveryouwanttocallthisgame. I've got Halo for my PVP fix.

AND that's not even getting into the matchmaking discussion (Peer-to-peer, dedicated servers, the whole shebang).

I think its very important to understand that those who dont want to play pvp wont play pvp no matter what. but a lot of player leave to go play other games because they feel like theres nothing to do on warframe thats why there the joke that all they do is roll around on their orbiters, 

the matchmaking should be fine imo i mean lunaro has dedicated servers. 

i think the overhaul needs to happen anyway right nothing ventured nothing gained!

(sorry i answered your points backwards)

Justo ahora, slykidd dijo:

im just confused why nobody in the conclave community brought this idea up im not the sharpest tool in the toolbox but i still thought of this lmao

i have some clan event going arround, and when im not in that im farming for the clan, etc .

you have a lot of time 😄😄😄😄😄

1 minute ago, FRTE_Ret5o said:

i have some clan event going arround, and when im not in that im farming for the clan, etc .

you have a lot of time 😄😄😄😄😄

... ill tell you a secret but dont tell nobody i dont do a lot of work at work 😉

Just now, 8faiNt said:

Competing KILLS or to see whose mod config is better than an another It may never happen but seriously this is just awesome if they actually make it

I think steve has the right idea with warframe kart or whatever all i can do is put feedback in the forums and pray... maybe i should repost on reddit 

Just now, slykidd said:

I think steve has the right idea with warframe kart or whatever all i can do is put feedback in the forums and pray... maybe i should repost on reddit 

You really should PVP will never work for this game but competing with each other, racing for the leaderboard and rewards etc would

Nice idea.

My take: In some Fighting games, such as Injustice 2 or Mortal Kombat, the trick is that, while playing online, each character has the same stats despite the infinite number of builds available offline. But of course they play differently.

So, another solution, could be having each Warframe keep their powers, but have their powers deal the same amount of damage. 

But, what about the mobility (which makes PvP difficult)? Well, you could do something like Gambit in Destiny. Each team has to summon a boss by defeating enemies and collecting motes they drop. If you dead, you lose motes, just like The Index. The first one who summons and defeats the boss, wins. And you can also invade the other team's arena to try to kill them and make them lose motes.

There are many options that could work.

Anyways, DE won't touch Conclave for a looooong time, so... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 8faiNt said:

You really should PVP will never work for this game but competing with each other, racing for the leaderboard and rewards etc would

you know actually this idea was mentioned back in 2014-2013 at that time it was when conclave still have numbers and stuff