Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excal Inspiration.

(PSN)The1Hierophant

This might seem like quite the uncanny topic, but being a DE fan since UT99 has brought me to this conclusion.

It's in my firm belief that such cosmetics as the Kronen, Prisma helmet, and Ogrant helmet are heavily inspired by the anime Guyver and the game Dead Space, and the Twin Blades of Azzinoth that Illidan weilded in WarCraft, non-respectively. If you don't know any of these references, then I'm sorry zoomer, go do your gaming history research, because yours is the only gen that'll have to do that from here on out. Remember, Dead Space came out in 09, and Warframe in 2012.

I just feel like the devs are doing something under our noses, and it's pretty cool, actually. This is literally the only game where we get to massacre "merchant cults" as Lotus put it, without the media coming down with the swift "anti-semetic" hammer...and DE gets away with it. Brilliant imo.

Thus there has to be more behind the designs of these Warframes, and I think the inspirations are obviously tied to developer hobby interests.

Edited by (PS4)The1Hierophant

1 minute ago, Gabbynaru said:

Dark Sector, 2004.

Yes, yes. We all know about Dark Sector, at least if you've played it (bet you didn't). Thay more covers the origin of the infestation and the terrible origins of the Warframes, starting with Nyx and Excal.

Still you must ask where the inspiration comes from. The Ogrant helmet is obviously deadspace inspired as it's tennogen (I think?). Everything else I believe is hobby and political interest inspired.

1 minute ago, Gabbynaru said:

How? Does DE have a time machine or something? Again, the Dark Sector teaser is from 2004. Dead Space was probably not even an idea back then.

No, but you underestimate Viceral Games. They were in dev of ds for quite awhile. It's possible DE and Viceral were drawing from the same artistic inspirations at the time. This isn't uncommon in a society that is lacking in rebellion when it comes to artistic creativity, lest we'd see more deranged street sculptures around like Mike.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)The1Hierophant said:

Yes, yes. We all know about Dark Sector, at least if you've played it (bet you didn't)

That's where you're wrong buddy, I played it

Now if you could remove that megathread tag since it looks like you ignored the warning from Gabby

• Like 1