Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Talk About it: We need a Hyperbolic Time Chamber

(XBOX)DarknessZeref

The idea of leveling up in video games is one of the core foundational aspects of how a game is played. You essentially funnel a large, set portion of a player's gameplay experience into a particular system of gaining as much experience as allowed for their progression in the game.

It used to be Draco (Ceres). Now it is Hydron (Sedna) and some argue for Akkad. 

Since these are simply defense missions, they get played out almost immediately and once you've done it once- you've done it a million times. 

I think it's time Warframe pulls up their big boy pants, stands up on the soap box and says it for all to hear..."We recognize you'll need to level up." and give us a designated training process. 

I see so many novice frames running around confused! It would be awesome to see each frame having a tutorial questline that grants enough experience to reach 30 while also teaching you increasingly advanced ways to utilize the frame you're hoping to deploy. 

I coin it the "Hyperbolic Timechamber" endearingly in reference to DBZ main characters using that process to train themselves in between major events, but we- as planet busters- should find or otherwise create a system of producing competent tenno, own up to the fact that there's an affinity grind to the game and enhance everyone's experience by investing in that concept. 

Also, I'm tired of Hydron.

• Like 2

I dont really go full leveling proces unless is archwing/archgun/archmele, cause right now the missions are not abundant.

You also can level un in liches, or doing a relic or even doing sortie, i do that and sincerelly i dont care if others complain(unless they are from the clan) cause "you want to level up go here or there" is not fun

1 minute ago, FoxyKabam said:

ESO and SO work pretty well for leveling

Those don't really train you, though. It's a step in the right direction, sure. There's value in jumping between factions every wave, but you must keep up efficiency and that trumps your efficiency leveling things up unless you have someone to carry you long enough to satisfy your affinity gains.

Also it's worth noting that conceptually, it's Simaris observing our abilities and in essence, inappropriate to level your items in there. 

After all, when you ask your clanmate to help you with the sortie and they bring in a level 0 tonkor, you kinda feel disrespected right?

It's not too much to ask for- to recognize a symptom of the game. Let's just throw it into the melting pot of things that deserve to be thought about

• Like 1

Just now, FRTE_Ret5o said:

"you want to level up go here or there" is not fun

The idea is that; because we must level up, we must level up somewhere. We are free to choose a place, but they differ in effectiveness. Leveling in a Spy mission is different from a Defense, both of which differ from Survival.

It's not that we need one place, rather that we should. The same way Shax trains the Guardians, we should recognize a trainer for our own. I don't want to have to explain Saryn's spore spreading, I want their personal journey of ranking Saryn to teach it to them. That's not just fun, it's useful

Since im almost MR28 i know, 

hace 1 minuto, (XB1)DarknessZeref dijo:

The idea is that; because we must level up, we must level up somewhere. We are free to choose a place, but they differ in effectiveness. Leveling in a Spy mission is different from a Defense, both of which differ from Survival.

It's not that we need one place, rather that we should. The same way Shax trains the Guardians, we should recognize a trainer for our own. I don't want to have to explain Saryn's spore spreading, I want their personal journey of ranking Saryn to teach it to them. That's not just fun, it's useful

But i dont really go always to the same spot to lvl up, there are other places XD

Per previous, we have ESO and SO which even fit the theme of a time chamber. I don't think DE should do much more to acknowledge power leveling as it isn't really healthy. It's not necessarily unhealthy either. It's like pointing out to someone they shouldn't eat such unhealthy food, it's bad for you, will it actually affect them, kinda but not that much. That doesn't mean we should tell them they should go out and eat unhealthy food though which is what you're indicating with the implementation of an intentionally dedicated power leveling spot.

Ideally we should just be leveling up our gear by using it in combat, I know there are several weapons that I blew through without using and tossed out then remade once I hit MR 24-25 cuz I realized I never actually truly used them and found out I loved them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cloudyvisage said:

Ideally we should just be leveling up our gear by using it in combat, I know there are several weapons that I blew through without using and tossed out then remade once I hit MR 24-25 cuz I realized I never actually truly used them and found out I loved them.

If your original process of leveling those weapons had any focus on teaching you how to use them during the process, the idea of training wouldn't be limited to affinity gains alone.

Simulate a combat situation allowing me to explore my weapon and keeping the affinity gains with tips on how to synergize. It's not for the guys at the top. It's for everyone else.

Your knowledge of your build is more relevant than having the "correct" build

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (XB1)DarknessZeref said:

The idea of leveling up in video games is one of the core foundational aspects of how a game is played. You essentially funnel a large, set portion of a player's gameplay experience into a particular system of gaining as much experience as allowed for their progression in the game.

It used to be Draco (Ceres). Now it is Hydron (Sedna) and some argue for Akkad. 

Since these are simply defense missions, they get played out almost immediately and once you've done it once- you've done it a million times. 

I think it's time Warframe pulls up their big boy pants, stands up on the soap box and says it for all to hear..."We recognize you'll need to level up." and give us a designated training process. 

I see so many novice frames running around confused! It would be awesome to see each frame having a tutorial questline that grants enough experience to reach 30 while also teaching you increasingly advanced ways to utilize the frame you're hoping to deploy. 

I coin it the "Hyperbolic Timechamber" endearingly in reference to DBZ main characters using that process to train themselves in between major events, but we- as planet busters- should find or otherwise create a system of producing competent tenno, own up to the fact that there's an affinity grind to the game and enhance everyone's experience by investing in that concept. 

first off you are not allowed to use the megathread tag as its meant for the DE staff to use on there posts an they dertermine if its gonna be used on a persons thread an not the thread poster itself.
second havign a questline to jsut level a frame will mean the lazyer players will demand this quest be replayable jsut so they can forma the crap out of this frame an then demand they can use it on there prime version.
third, your timechamber is kinda stupid as the point of grinding is not meant to be easy as then it would not be a GRIND.
four, this is general chat an this is topic belongs in the feedback

10 hours ago, (XB1)DarknessZeref said:

I'm tired of hitting my head against the wall, therefore I'm going to call a contractor to get the wall removed instead of simply not standing here and hitting my head against the wall.

On 2019-12-10 at 10:40 PM, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

first off you are not allowed to use the megathread tag as its meant for the DE staff to use on there posts an they dertermine if its gonna be used on a persons thread an not the thread poster itself.

Oh. Oops.

second havign a questline to jsut level a frame will mean the lazyer players will demand this quest be replayable jsut so they can forma the crap out of this frame an then demand they can use it on there prime version.

I didn't mention a questline, rather a method of training. They already implemented videos, it can be as simple as a simulacrum revamp that could give us a place to figure things out productively. The grind isn't removed, it's the relative pointlessness of the grind which would be removed in favor of programming. 

third, your timechamber is kinda stupid as the point of grinding is not meant to be easy as then it would not be a GRIND.

It's not stupid, tenno! That would mean Hydron and Spy missions and Draco and Akkad are all stupid, leveling in one mission, relatively efficiently is stupid too! The grind is not removed by taking ownership of it's existence, it is improved and treated as more of an experience and less of a symptom. The fact that it's symptomatic is why I see MR 2 Grendel's trying to tricap and MR 28 flexes bringing Ember to an Excavation mission and wondering why they keep getting destroyed.

You have to admit it's a bit stupid that we can use it freely if that's the case. Like, how is OP supposed to know that?