Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Armor 2.0... - Predictions?

Zeus154

Well since DE_Steve said that the update will overhaul the entire damage system and elemental system, I think all the weapons, mods and some frames will be nerfed. However, they will be nerfed in such a way, that the effectiveness of those groupings will stay the same, or will be slightly sub-par to their current standings.

Lets take the Nova for example. Molecular Prime deals a vast amount of damage. In respect to Armor 2.0, it will be nerfed, so that it matches the constraints of it, meaning that it will still be just as powerful like it once was, or it will be nerfed slightly, to balance it out.

I think this because if the weapons are left as they are when A 2.0 rolls along, the game would just be broken and laughably easy. This is my prediction.

Now... What is your prediction based on the evidence we have?

Speculate.

I thought i heard Scott say something about it in livestream 14, it made me perplex, but here goes

Elemental mods will use critical chanse to proc (kind of merges elemental and crit builds?... wasn't all this supposed to encourage variety?)

Armor piercing mods will act on base damage now (makes weapons with innate armor ignore useless?)

*shrugs*

Elemental mods will use critical chanse to proc (kind of merges elemental and crit builds?... wasn't all this supposed to encourage variety?)

We think this means more additional elemental effects, for example fire mods might get a DOT that will activate on a crit.

But that is just speculation and there are other people in the community who think it might be as you said, rainbow builds will be 100% tied to crit weapons.

Guest DeadGoanna

I predict that there is no point to predict things you have no idea what their outcome will be. Damn, look at that logic.

lol and +1

What I'm HOPING it works out to is a little something like this:

1. All weapons get a proportional damage increase or decrease, depending on how DE decides to shift the numbers.

2. Armor Piercing damage no longer adds damage, and simply makes a portion of base damage ignore armor. Thus, armor-ignoring weapons gain no benefit from armor-piercing mods.

3. The critical system is subject to an overall buff, so that more or less any weapon gets a decent bonus from crit chance, while a few are more focused on maximum benefit.

4. Elemental mods will add additional damage with faction-specific modifiers, but their bonus effects will be improved and be dependent on critical hits.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, DE hopefully changes armor scaling on enemies so that they don't end up with ridiculous quantities of armor.

I'd rather proc chance be separate from crit chance.

I think what they're going to do is keep the damage on every hit, but limit the "stun" from fire and electrical elementals to crit chance.

As it is currently, hitting a Grineer with fire on every shot usually means that they'll flail around if you shoot them. They said they're trying to get away from the free "stun" on every shot, which isn't a bad choice.

I'm not sure how they'll treat Freeze, but this could make Freeze damage mods much more attractive, if they aren't limited to crit chance. The armor 2.0 bit will make it do better damage, while not limiting it to crit makes it more attractive for weapons that don't crit/don't crit often.