Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara Prime

DrakeWurrum

Now, I know I don't have to use the Prime look. I'm quite happy with my Youkai skin for Ivara, and probably will stick with it. I'll give the Prime look a decent try, of course.

But I still felt the need to express this about Ivara Prime's princess jellyfish appearance...

The look screams of a Deluxe skin. That's really my problem with it. It doesn't feel like the aesthetic of a Prime, but that of an alternate skin for players who enjoy that particular aesthetic. And... frankly, it's way over the top compared to other Prime frames. Atlas, Wukong, Mesa... they all looked genuinely like a gold-trimmed Orokin-upgraded version of the base frame. (yes, I know, Primes came first in lore, semantics) Oberon Prime looked atrocious, mind you, but it was still a similar aesthetic to the base.

This looks like... more than an upgrade to the base frame. This looks a tangent variant on the design. I'm not even saying that it looks bad. It's very pretty. It's amazing work, and I definitely extend appreciation to the artist who came up with it. It just looks like an Ivara Deluxe, rather than an Ivara Prime.

I personally think this fan concept is much closer to what we've come to expect from Primes:

Spoiler

e4e7fa49-7257-41a6-8690-62e5a2a29ace

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 5

Oh snap that fan concept is pretty sweet. I'd be lying if i said it mattered to me what the prime looks like though. I see where you're coming from. Usually gimmicks are reserved for deluxe skins, while most prime skins follow a similar set of guidelines/general themes.

We both know DE isn't gonna redesign the skin though.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Why is this not a real thing? DE please, please. Can we push for a second Ivara deluxe? I was going to throw money on Skyer's deluxe anyways. But dannnggg, I want this fan concept to be real too.

Edited by BlindStalker

I love her prime look. I cant wait to drop my money on it and be late paying my rent.  

I think she looks so different from the other primes and it really sets her a part.  I'm not even the biggest Ivara fan, but this is a must have for me.  And I will Forma her until there is no more forma in the universe.

in my opinion the prime we got is much more creative. i mean...a jellyfish based design as the huntress frame. cant get more creative than that and she does look dope so im totally fine. the prime weaps also look fine, not to mention the armor and syandana.

taste and opinion surely, but i think we had way worse primes in the past.

• Like 1

Fan concept is good, but looks more like a Tennogen skin.

Honestly though, what are you even arguing here?

They gave Ivara a transparent hat and skirt, then layered on some applique to her hips and bust, but they changed virtually nothing else about the base frame other than some colours and a few metallic sections. This is so that all the other skins will still work and so that the Prime Details can just be toggled off again whenever you put on a skin. Heck, the one actual improvement they made was to give her a wrist guard for her archery, which actually looks pretty good.

It's no different to Mesa's chaps, Trinity's lobster tail, or Ash getting shoulder guards and booty handles. Just an overlay on the base frame.

A custom helm and a skirt that's not even really attached. That's what you're saying isn't 'prime aesthetic'? To me, that's exactly what the Prime aesthetic is; eye catching additions to the base frame that mean nothing to the actual form of the Warframe.

That's all it's ever even been. The most change is always to the helmet because that's the bit that is completely independent, of course they can't really do much to the rest of the frame, otherwise the Tennogen people wouldn't be able to create something with the Prime details in mind as they do currently.

I mean, I've seen what you prefer and think is 'Prime' aesthetic with your example, and I've got to say... it's certainly not 'Prime' to me.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I do like her prime skin, and I'll probably use it in at least one of my appearance tabs. But other than that I do agree with this post. It feels more like a side-skin than a prime upgrade.

Not bad, not good, just different than expected and than most other cases of this type.

That's pretty much what I'm getting it. It doesn't look bad. I do like the look.

It just feels like a Deluxe skin, not a Prime.

9 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

I've got to say... it's certainly not 'Prime' to me.

To quote you, then:

To me, that's exactly what the Prime aesthetic is; eye catching additions to the base frame that mean nothing to the actual form of the Warframe.

The fan art I showed is a perfect example of that. It's got the base look, with a bunch of gold bobs and ends attached on, with a bit of stylization to make it more "Orokin" in look. Toss in some fancy energy bits to sort of improve on what the base Ivara has with her transparent skirt, and there ya go. It takes the base design of Ivara and builds on top of it.

At this point, I'm hoping Ivara gets some Tennogen design that looks more in line with other Primes we've had.

Honestly though, what are you even arguing here?

Was pretty clear about that. The whole jellyfish aesthetic of this, while pretty, doesn't feel like it fits in with the general Prime aesthetic we've seen.

It's different, it's pretty, yes. I'm just saying this feels like a Deluxe skin, rather than what a Prime would be.

1 hour ago, Xydeth said:

in my opinion the prime we got is much more creative.

1 hour ago, Hexsing said:

I love her prime look.

Never said it wasn't creative or pretty. If anything, that's my problem. It's creative and unique enough that it doesn't feel like an Orokin-designed Prime frame, but a Deluxe. Or if not a Deluxe, at least a random alternate skin (which, of course, Ivara has plenty of). It feels like something... extra.

1 hour ago, BlindStalker said:

I was going to throw money on Skyer's deluxe anyways.

I might end up doing that, too, though I do love the Youkai look.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

Ivara Prime is a jellyfish because Jellyfish are transparent and use that to camouflage themselves and Ivara has, not 1, not 2, but 3 different forms of invisibility with her cloak arrow, prowl, and turning invisible during navigator. Jellyfish also are pretty slow and Ivara moves rather slowly in prowl.

1 hour ago, DrakeWurrum said:

It's different, it's pretty, yes. I'm just saying this feels like a Deluxe skin, rather than what a Prime would be.

Never said it wasn't creative or pretty. If anything, that's my problem. It's creative and unique enough that it doesn't feel like an Orokin-designed Prime frame, but a Deluxe. Or if not a Deluxe, at least a random alternate 

I get what you are saying.  There has for a long time been a prime look if you will.  But I'm feeling it.  Its different than the others for sure.  But it is also more organic compared to most.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Now, I know I don't have to use the Prime look. I'm quite happy with my Youkai skin for Ivara, and probably will stick with it. I'll give the Prime look a decent try, of course.

But I still felt the need to express this about Ivara Prime's princess jellyfish appearance...

The look screams of a Deluxe skin. That's really my problem with it. It doesn't feel like the aesthetic of a Prime, but that of an alternate skin for players who enjoy that particular aesthetic. And... frankly, it's way over the top compared to other Prime frames. Atlas, Wukong, Mesa... they all looked genuinely like a gold-trimmed Orokin-upgraded version of the base frame. (yes, I know, Primes came first in lore, semantics) Oberon Prime looked atrocious, mind you, but it was still a similar aesthetic to the base.

This looks like... more than an upgrade to the base frame. This looks a tangent variant on the design. I'm not even saying that it looks bad. It's very pretty. It's amazing work, and I definitely extend appreciation to the artist who came up with it. It just looks like an Ivara Deluxe, rather than an Ivara Prime.

I personally think this fan concept is much closer to what we've come to expect from Primes:

Reveal hidden contents

Have to agree. When I saw her I thought jellyfish bride lol. Recent frames like Chroma , Mesa and Wukong expanded on their original themes. This is clearly more of a Deluxe skin idea. The fan concept art is definitely more in line with prime designs. 

• Like 1

Imagine if Valkyr Prime was a bear instead of a feral cat? Maybe make Zephyr a bat? Rhino can turn into a hippopotamus, too. It's sort of similar but not quite right.

I'm not in a hurry to get Ivara Prime, that's for sure. I don't hate the design but it's hardly demanding of my attention. This is coming from someone that actively dislikes the base Ivara. I was hoping for something better to look at and I was disappointed, twice, haha.

Art and taste is subjective. /shrug

Edit: Just looked at the fan concept and I'd buy that for a dollar.

Edited by ArcKnight9202