Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My 2020 Wishlist

Ikusi_Prime

With The New War and Empyrean on the horizon and the year coming to a close, DE is about to come through on a lot of promises and finishing off the roadmap. I'd like to discuss some of the things I'd like to see in the year to come.

1) New Operator stuff

I find operator gameplay very compelling. The idea of being a very vulnerable, but very powerful, kid that takes down much larger enemies is something totally different from standard Warframe, but I feel like operators don't really get their time to shine outside of Eidolon hunts. I would love to see some new additions to operator gameplay, like an operator melee weapon, a rework to the Void damage type (it's generally not-good against anything that isn't a Sentient, and the status proc is borderline harmful), and new Focus options, especially opening up energy regeneration to the trees other than Zenurik would be appreciated. I'd love to be encouraged for weaving my operator into my standard gameplay or even running missions as operator-only, without forcing that onto others as the "optimal" way to play. The operator should be a tool in our toolbox, like melee weapons. Use them when appropriate, devote your entire build to them if you want, or ignore them entirely. All should be valid.

2) QoL improvements for older frames

A lot of the older frames could use some love. I don't think we need very many full-scale reworks like Vauban got, but more on the scale of Titania; make cast animations less clunky, adjust costs, make gameplay smoother and feel more satisfying. Frames like Limbo, Equinox, and Banshee are definitely on this list. There are also frames like Mag and Chroma that don't really have relevant passives, and could use a touchup.

3) Color picker

I like my frames to look pretty. I'd drop 500 plat, right here right now, for a color picker that let me choose exact hues and shades, rather than color pallets. Most of the colors we have are far too bright and gaudy for my tastes, and there's very little in the off-white and off-black department. Then there's the issue of materials not always taking color very well, so even if I have the right shade on one frame, it doesn't always translate to another. Make it the next Shazwin project.

4) More difficulty-based content

To be frank, a lot of content we've gotten so far is grind-based. DE adds a new resource to farm to get the new stuff, and it's more about time invested, rather than doing something particularly difficult. I'd love to see more bosses that are actually a threat, rather than big armor blobs with invulnerability windows. I remember fighting the Wolf and facetanking him as Nezha for thirty minutes straight while my squadmates ran out of ammo trying to kill him, resorting to melee and operators to finally take him down. That wasn't fun, just tedious. I want to take damage, to feel like that if I mess up and don't avoid a telegraphed attack, I will lose.

5) A new open world

I think the open world areas have been a smashing success, and I'd love to see more of them. Maybe a Western-themed world on Mars, as you help the Martian people rebuild their colonies and drive the Grineer out. Rebuilding settlements, rather than protecting an existing one, would be a neat twist on the open world idea. It could be like relays, where all of our progress, and failures, counts together to decide just how developed Mars can become.

1) Yes. Void damage needs to be the king of damage, not something that's only good against one enemy. I mean, it supposedly is incredibly toxic and dangerous to literally everyone and not being properly prepared for it is detrimental. The status proc needs some love. It should do something different. Maybe both reduce the enemy's damage permanently and slowly damage them. And yes. I'd like a proper melee for operators.

2) I don't have much in the lines for many frames, but I'd love to see some love given to Limbo. Instead of having his time stop effect everything only in the rift, make it stop everything for only 4 seconds. Make the Rift actually a detrimental place to be inside. Anyone thrown into it is slowed and takes damage over time. Make banish do that aoe it does currently, but make it swap what plane they're on like it did originally. Have Rift surge increase the effectiveness of the Rift's slow and make anything in it take damage. And for the love of all things cataclysm is bad and needs to be changed. Maybe give him something that floods everyone into the Rift for a brief time. 10 or so seconds. Anyone caught in the Rift is stopped for twice the duration of the 4 second time stop. And the surge deals bonus damage to those stopped in time.

3) People have been asking for that one for a while. I doubt it will happen, simply because color packs are expensive.  But I'd love to have it.

4) Problem with a boss doing enough damage to threaten us is reliant on what frame do we take into consideration with that? Cause if it is regular Volt or Banshee, most bosses now can kill you. Is it Inaros or Chroma? Then a majority of frames are left in the dust. Our wide variety of effective HP on frames really makes balancing a boss a mess without actually one-shotting most frames, or just not even scratching tankier frames.

5) Problem with the open worlds is that they are islands. They do not at all tie into anything else in the game, and neither does their resources. If a new open world is to arrive, it has to absolutely tie into the rest of the game. Problem with that lies with the rest of the game's resources being so incredibly stockpiled it hurts. I have millions of alloy plate, and it does nothing for me. I'm sure others have immensely deeper pockets. What needs to happen is that the open world resources need to spread out into the rest of the game's drops on planets.Gems, fish, cetus wisps, and toroids should be the only things that really remain exlcusive to the open worlds. And as for Mars, please no. I'd rather not have the progress of it be tied to the global interest in the open world. And I'd hate to have another Grineer one. Especially because I hate the Grineer.

3 minutes ago, CaptainMinty said:

4) Problem with a boss doing enough damage to threaten us is reliant on what frame do we take into consideration with that? Cause if it is regular Volt or Banshee, most bosses now can kill you. Is it Inaros or Chroma? Then a majority of frames are left in the dust. Our wide variety of effective HP on frames really makes balancing a boss a mess without actually one-shotting most frames, or just not even scratching tankier frames.

The availability of things like Adaptation and so many skills capping out at (or getting very close to) 90% DR/10x EHP is a huge factor in why balance feels so off as levels rise and why so many folks are like "but anything past level 50 is super lethal." DR/EHP pools should be reigned in dramatically,* probably making anything more than 3x EHP exceedingly rare.

The other side of the coin is that our TTK scales to such absurd levels through normal content (which ends with Lich Hunting), that enemies rarely live long enough to do anything so any action they take must be impactful enough to be noticeable.

*Yes, obviously this comes with a rebalance of enemy damage scaling, player damage output/TTK, and enemy health. None of these things are trivial and none of them can be done piecemeal without making the game even more of a mess than it is.

1) Operator improvements. wouldn't mind seeing Operator Melee. as much as I like the Parazon, I want a wristblade for my operator that I can cut down sentients with. maybe making Void Damage a little more special would be good too.

2) Loki and Nyx reworked. the so-called "loki Master Race" can shout all they want, but his kit is dated as hell and he needs to be more than just an invisible frame. Nyx needs tuning to the same level as Ember is at right now, because she feels irrelevant IMO. can't really think of other frames that need a rework as badly as these two.

3) for DE to remember that things like the Mandachord exist. it's been forever since we had new sounds.

that's about it really.

Yes, I too would like a color picker instead of the limited pallets. I can never get the gold trim for my frames right....

I would also like the Umbra forma to go on sale/be craft-able on the market. I've been a good Hoagie this year, I really want this for Tennomas.

2 hours ago, Ikusi_Prime said:

With The New War and Empyrean on the horizon and the year coming to a close, DE is about to come through on a lot of promises and finishing off the roadmap. I'd like to discuss some of the things I'd like to see in the year to come.

DE will be spending the next 6 month of next year still coming through with there 2019 road mad. .  So what I would like to see in the coming year is less talking and fake release dates. And more doing and releasing regular updates. 

And a overhaul of management. ....

Every time we hear more about updat X .  There breaking it up into parts  ,  because there so fare behind. . First railjack was broken into 3 stagers,  now who knows how many. . Solo missing,  AI grew missing.  And so on.    

Then we are told the New wars not coming Christmas " but wars have are start"  ha ha ha. 

So for next year I'd like to see them finished an update.  Just one" if that's possible. ...

Edited by (PS4)SolarPhantom82

My wishlist only has one item on it, I want DE to abandon the pay-to-skip monetization and only sell cosmetics. Path of Exile does it (mostly), WF could too. IMO that would solve the vast majority of complaints people have, because then DE could finally make content actually fun to play rather than a boring chore you'll literally pay to not have to do.

It's a simple wish but quite impossible.

Edited by SordidDreams

7 hours ago, Ikusi_Prime said:

I'd drop 500 plat

The current Plat value for Market palettes is 1350, not to mention many others available on holidays and in various events.

This not only is less than half of even the Market palettes, it eliminates any future ability to release palettes.