Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Oxium grind?

Bismarke

Question

I've never had to worry about it before, but I recently started a new clan and blew all my thousands of oxium building stuff and getting research rolling. Now I need 7k to build Vauban P.

I was just doing Excavations on Corpus tilesets (since I need the cryotic as well), but is there a "Best Way" of farming out tons of Oxium?

4 answers to this question

The main source of oxium is oxium ospreys, and making sure you kill them before they explode, because then they don't drop anything. You can help on the case by bringing some frame that can help the loot amount.
There were some niche places in the past to farm it, but by now there probably isn't a mission where you could specifically farm the resource if I'm not wrong. I suggest it to do some corpus missions you also need other things from, so you can do more than one thing at once. For example if you need cryotic, do excavation, or if you need something from an endless mission or spy reward table, you could go for it. If you see some endless mission for void fissures where oxium ospreys spawn, the mission provides resource bonuses after specific milestones. Plus you can get prime parts and forma blueprint while you're at it, and maybe some void traces.
Oxium is also on bounty reward tables, but it's arguably not as reliable source of it, but if you need daily standing or other things from bounties, you could probably weave it into your goal of getting oxium to add some more variety to it.

In the past the mobile defense on jupiter was a good place for oxium IIRC but with the tileset rework I don't know anymore.  Io on jupiter also used to be good for it as well, again not too sure anymore because I haven't needed oxium for a while.  It's the resource that you get passively by doing corpus missions generally without any super good spot for it since it can't drop from anything other then oxium ospreys that you want to make sure to kill each time you see or you get nothing.