Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur umbra's 4th abiliy problem.

Samerte

1 hour ago, MadMattPrime said:

AMPREX and IGNIS WRAITH can't reach fooking 100% chance without a riven even with all 60/60 mods. THEY STILL DEPEND on RNG PROCS while Chromatic BLADE doesn't require any RNG involvement. Which is better? Having to struggle with RNG procs or having a 100% status proc which EB provides with minimal investments.

You forget that we also have secondaries that can apply status just as well if not better than the amprex and ignis like the zakti and cyanex. cool EB has 100% status chance but it doesn't matter if its damage is completely out shadowed by other weapons who don't even need 100% sc to do its job better.

You still sacrifice DPS as you have to run Naramon instead of Madurai for that increase in damage. Seriously what is your problem? I have never said that EB had NO PROBLEMS, I do agree its weak but ITS NOT entirely POINTLESS or USELESS which you are trying to make it out to be.

Okay then you can still use madurai, combo builds quick anyway after the melee changes. And it is relatively useless when you compare it to other melee weapons

His 4 can still be used as a Lifestrike/Healing return stick without ruining DPS as you can add more damage mods or elements into your melee weapon further more it can be used to boost Condition overload's damage for your Ordinary melee due to the guaranteed status proc caused by chromatic blade

Yeah let me just turn EB on and off and use it as a status applicator when as already stated, secondaries can do that job better and without having to go through an animation and an energy cost.

SLASH DASH doesn't need to be used as a DPS skill for the Iframes to work and unlike operators slash dash can increase the melee combo counter. For new players who don't have operators this ability is useful if they know how to abuse it.

But we aren't talking about low level enemies that new players will be up against. And if you wanna build combo, just blind and hit them. Also my statement regarding slash dash’s FPS was a response to the theoretical situation that Excal didn’t have EB and only had his first 3 abilities to function off of 

More like are your smoking that hindered your abilities to read?
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Furious_Javelin
X% extra damage from that augment to melee can be used to take out higher priority targets such as NOX, Bombards and Gunners or did you forget that those exist?

lol myb, couldn't understand what you were trying to say with your sh*tty english and grammer, forgive me for misreading your statement. ‘More like are your smoking that hundred your abilities to read’-maybe you’re the one smoking something my guy

Can these 3 skills get sh1t done? 100% absolutely on a right build.

Against like lvl 20-30 enemies yeah sure. 

When pressing 1 and 3 numbers appear that is still damage, small numbers but still damage is damage.

damage is still damage? really? thats like saying someone taking a braton against lvl 100s and then complaining about it but you go ahead and say 'you see those small numbers? damage is still damage dude! therefore its useful!'

Excalibur can handle enemies up to 300 quite fine.

Not even gonna bother responding to this. 

I DIDN'T say his 4 had no problems. I'm saying his 4 ain't useless as you think it is

It's pretty f*king useless. Anything it can do, something else can do better. and the sad part is, is that its the only thing aside from his 2 thats keeping this frame relevant because he can't do anything else.

But whatever this argument is going in circles. You’re going to argue that excals abilities are fine and can function in extremely high levels and can even function without EB. Am I’m going to to argue that there isn’t anything EB can do that something else can’t do better and than Excal isn’t as bulky as people try to make him out to be 

56 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

1000 armor 1400 health,

Okay if you wanna waste more mod slots for health and armor. If not with 3 umbral he has 877 armor and only 1070 hp. 

decent crit

thats a joke. Like an actual joke 

one of the only weapons that doesn't need a stance to get instant CO procs.

okay but we always use stances for our weapons....so that's irrelevant. Also status is becoming more irrelevant with enemies becoming status immune because that’s DE ‘s way of making challenging content 

Edited by AlphaRyuuxx

5 hours ago, AlphaRyuuxx said:

You forget that we also have secondaries that can apply status just as well if not better than the amprex and ignis like the zakti and cyanex. cool EB has 100% status chance but it doesn't matter if its damage is completely out shadowed by other weapons who don't even need 100% sc to do its job better.

You're a total a utter dense idiot. The weapons you mention still has a fcking problem: RNG for procs shared between Impact Puncture Slash and Status, not to mention the factor of reload times and how lucky you are with the status procs. Why bother with RNG when you can simply press 4 and strip a group enemies completely out of armor in a few swings at a measly cost of 25 energy and the channeling drain. 

Okay then you can still use madurai, combo builds quick anyway after the melee changes. And it is relatively useless when you compare it to other melee weapons

In all my previous post, I have stated EB is weak and is outshined by ordinary weapons but it is not useless because of the ability to skip RNG totally when it comes to status. Are you that fcking dense or DID you forget about how IPS and status works in game?

Yeah let me just turn EB on and off and use it as a status applicator when as already stated, secondaries can do that job better and without having to go through an animation and an energy cost.

EB animation isn't that long, doesn't require RNG to completely strip enemies based on IPS and Status procs and doesn't have to reload. Even a riven with a negative IPS damage, it just reduces the RNG of that IPS of appearing. 

But we aren't talking about low level enemies that new players will be up against. And if you wanna build combo, just blind and hit them. Also my statement regarding slash dash’s FPS was a response to the theoretical situation that Excal didn’t have EB and only had his first 3 abilities to function off of 

Even if he had his 3 abilities to work off, his skills set can be used well enough for stunning, running away from danger and get a damage buff with augments. 

A dead enemy is a dead enemy and people still use the braton at higher levels because of their love of the weapon.

It's pretty f*king useless. Anything it can do, something else can do better. and the sad part is, is that its the only thing aside from his 2 thats keeping this frame relevant because he can't do anything else.

But whatever this argument is going in circles. You’re going to argue that excals abilities are fine and can function in extremely high levels and can even function without EB. Am I’m going to to argue that there isn’t anything EB can do that something else can’t do better and than Excal isn’t as bulky as people try to make him out to be 

Its NOT fcking useless when IT CAN REMOVE AN ENTIRE GAME MECHANIC without Purchasing a specific riven or requiring Event or Rare mods.

His 4 does have problems but it ain't totally useless.

Edited by MadMattPrime

5 hours ago, MadMattPrime said:

You're a total a utter dense idiot

Yeah like I'm done arguing with you seeing as we're just going in circles. Also go back to school and learn proper grammar, just reading your pitiful excuse for a sentence is painful. Or maybe you're just high off your balls or doing some sort of drug that's rendering you incapable of typing properly. But hey, good argument, I had fun debating. 

Yeah like I'm done arguing with you seeing as we're just going in circles. Also go back to school and learn proper grammar, just reading your pitiful excuse for a sentence is painful. Or maybe you're just high off your balls or doing some sort of drug that's rendering you incapable of typing properly. But hey, good argument, I had fun debating. 

Says the person who doesn't understand game mechanics and underutilizes advantages provided in game. Go create a new account and start back at MR1 again.

Excalibur's 4 while no longer having the potential to do BIG NUMBERS for you to jack off too and stroke your ego, it can be utilized as an ARMOUR STRIPPER which essentially FREE's up a weapon slot as you no longer need to bring an armour stripping weapon and struggle with IPS/STATUS RNG Eliminating an entire GAME MECHANIC with the use of a single augment.

This gives you the ability to equip another weapon of choice and also frees up mod slots as you no longer have to use 60/60 mods to boost the status chance of the weapon.

If an Ability can serve a DUAL FUNCTION and you are just using one of its function you're not even using it to its a fullest potential. One function doesn't serve as well anymore but if the other function still works then utilize it.

Why would I need to run a Zakti or a Mara detron to armour strip and depend on lady luck for RNG when an ability already does that and eliminates the ENTIRE RNG PROCESS without a need for a riven or wasting mod slots on 60/60 mods? I can equip my Kitgun or a weapon of my choice in that slot not to mention that you can still run and gun with EB still active.

You essentially start off a mission with 4 weapons which not all warframes have the luxury. Why bring 2 good weapons and 1 S#&$ty weapon just to strip armour when you can bring 3 as you already innately have a MAGIC WAND that turns Yellow health to Red Health in a matter of blink of an eye without having to rely on RNG.

Saying his 4 is useless when it eliminates an entire game mechanic and the involvement of RNG is utter bullsh1t when it can still serve a utility.

Edited by MadMattPrime

11 hours ago, MadMattPrime said:

Says the person who doesn't understand game mechanics and underutilizes advantages provided in game. Go create a new account and start back at MR1 again.

Excalibur's 4 while no longer having the potential to do BIG NUMBERS for you to jack off too and stroke your ego, it can be utilized as an ARMOUR STRIPPER which essentially FREE's up a weapon slot as you no longer need to bring an armour stripping weapon and struggle with IPS/STATUS RNG Eliminating an entire GAME MECHANIC with the use of a single augment.

This gives you the ability to equip another weapon of choice and also frees up mod slots as you no longer have to use 60/60 mods to boost the status chance of the weapon.

If an Ability can serve a DUAL FUNCTION and you are just using one of its function you're not even using it to its a fullest potential. One function doesn't serve as well anymore but if the other function still works then utilize it.

Why would I need to run a Zakti or a Mara detron to armour strip and depend on lady luck for RNG when an ability already does that and eliminates the ENTIRE RNG PROCESS without a need for a riven or wasting mod slots on 60/60 mods? I can equip my Kitgun or a weapon of my choice in that slot not to mention that you can still run and gun with EB still active.

You essentially start off a mission with 4 weapons which not all warframes have the luxury. Why bring 2 good weapons and 1 S#&$ty weapon just to strip armour when you can bring 3 as you already innately have a MAGIC WAND that turns Yellow health to Red Health in a matter of blink of an eye without having to rely on RNG.

Saying his 4 is useless when it eliminates an entire game mechanic and the involvement of RNG is utter bullsh1t when it can still serve a utility.

Good Job! You finally utilized proper English and grammar to create and propose a solid argument. Although looking back again at all your previous posts, I'm convinced you had someone, most likely with an iq above 10 or who at least graduated elementary school, write this for you. 

On 2019-12-14 at 6:49 AM, AlphaRyuuxx said:

Good Job! You finally utilized proper English and grammar to create and propose a solid argument. Although looking back again at all your previous posts, I'm convinced you had someone, most likely with an iq above 10 or who at least graduated elementary school, write this for you. 

With post like these, it shows how much knowledge you know about the god damn game.

The only reason you post on frames is that you are severely underutilizing mechanics and do not take in consideration of other ways of utilizing tools given to you. 

You arguments have been always X weapon does better at stripping armor without considering the RNG and the correlations of I.P.S and status effects. Which is used everyday and in every mission. Which mind you is one of the CORE game mechanics.

An ability with a single augment which does not need a riven or any expensive mods that Eliminates an entire game mechanic is useless, not just any useless game mechanic but a MAIN game mechanic which also removes the RNG and eliminates a portion of the Damage equation in damage calculations.

Saying its useless when you're currently utilizing it wrongly.

Edited by MadMattPrime

8 hours ago, MadMattPrime said:

An ability with a single augment which does need a riven or any expensive mods that Eliminates an entire game mechanic is useless, not just any useless game mechanic but a MAIN game mechanic which also removes the RNG and eliminates a portion of the Damage equation in damage calculation s.

lmao the first half of this sentence doesn't even make any sense but okay buddy. You win. Good work

On 2019-12-11 at 4:38 PM, MadMattPrime said:

That is now what you said, having those UMBRA forma without having to waste and UMBRA forma to reforma them in future update is actually quite limiting even if you forma the other slots. 

This is my theory build for consistency and spam melee key lazy.
https://imgur.com/a/kv0V10d

Uh, since the Steel Mods were buffed, the 2 piece set is always better than Primed Pressure Point and Sac steel. Which means there's no reason to change that polarity at all for that build.

3 hours ago, nooneyouknow13 said:

Uh, since the Steel Mods were buffed, the 2 piece set is always better than Primed Pressure Point and Sac steel. Which means there's no reason to change that polarity at all for that build.

Well I think that depends on the weapon. On weapons like Baruuk’s and valkyrs who have 50% cc, I think the bonus on sac steel is insane. But for weapons like exalted blade which have a measly 15% cc, adding that extra 7.5% (48%cc to 55.5%) cc isn’t worth dropping 27.5% damage from ppp to sac pressure. 

Edited by AlphaRyuuxx

4 hours ago, AlphaRyuuxx said:

Well I think that depends on the weapon. On weapons like Baruuk’s and valkyrs who have 50% cc, I think the bonus on sac steel is insane. But for weapons like exalted blade which have a measly 15% cc, adding that extra 7.5% (48%cc to 55.5%) cc isn’t worth dropping 27.5% damage from ppp to sac pressure. 

Well, I should have prefaced with "almost always". But you're severely overrating the base damage difference and underrating the crit. If you **no** other sources of base damage, Primed Pressure Point can be a whopping 100 dps more on a standard 181% power strength, primed fever strike+90% other element build, and up to ~300 if you use it with CO and no organ shatter. If you have Organ Shatter and CO, or anyone in the group has Steel Charge, or you use Arcane Fury or Avenger, Sac Pressure takes the lead. The gap is never more 1.5% dps in either direction, so it's absolutely not worth a forma to remove.

35 minutes ago, nooneyouknow13 said:

Well, I should have prefaced with "almost always". But you're severely overrating the base damage difference and underrating the crit. If you **no** other sources of base damage, Primed Pressure Point can be a whopping 100 dps more on a standard 181% power strength, primed fever strike+90% other element build, and up to ~300 if you use it with CO and no organ shatter. If you have Organ Shatter and CO, or anyone in the group has Steel Charge, or you use Arcane Fury or Avenger, Sac Pressure takes the lead. The gap is never more 1.5% dps in either direction, so it's absolutely not worth a forma to remove.

I guess so. But while it may not be optimal to remove the umbral there are two factors: people still may just use ppp because it requires less to do a teensy bit more damage, so you can opt into defensive arcanes which Excal kinda needs/would really appreciate. And also idk if you’ve heard but apparently umbral forma are farmable now from rail jack. So the amount we have may not be so limited anymore. I mean yeah once again it may not be super optimal to forma out the umbra polarity, but it isn’t totally detrimental

Edited by AlphaRyuuxx

On 2019-12-10 at 11:16 PM, Samerte said:

Because of umbra's passive, which makes him act like an independant Warframe, whenever I go into operator mode (5th ability), I always have to recast exalted umbra blade (4th ability), which is a pain to deal with. It would make things easier and not frustrating if I didn't had to always recast his ability.

This behavior is part of a fix made by DE to avoid energy waste when someone goes into Operator Mode. Apparently, switching to Operator Mode doesn't stop energy consumption despite turning the Warframe (when immobile and applicable) invulnerable.

... Yes, its a band-aid. If they're planning to rip the band-aids to implement stuff correctly (eventually) as it was mentioned in one of the most recent devstreams, you can expect this band-aid to come off sometime...

Spoiler

... before we die.