(PS4)Fighter-Inferno_

I think it's time frost recieved some attention.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

I have epilepsy and Vortex was my arch-nemesis. They've toned the animation down to safe levels

... are you absolutely sure about that? ### Warning, do whatever you need to not get epilepsy'd or whatever I don't know how that works lol ###

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/e9su76/so_vauban_is_actually_kinda_nuts/

😄

4 hours ago, (PS4)SrebX said:

The problem is that you need too much str to get the arm or strip to be good, and it forces you into a low duration build

With how Armor shredding keeps getting added to everything nowadays,
I say just make any ability that removes Armor give a permanent, and stacking, effect.

57 minutes ago, gavkguid said:

A little extra energy would be nice as well as sprint speed

Yes, please.

To clarify here for everyone.  I never stated that frost is a completely useless frame,  simply outdated to irrelevance. 

The 1 I admit while not good the immediate freeze is sometimes useful if I find myself in a really bad situation with a heavy unit but for the most part not really. The slowdown when you blast the ground really doesn't cover much area.

Ice wave however, without the augment feels absolutely worthless and with the augment acts as soft CC on a frame who has access to very hard CC. this and frosts own survivability are the main things that I think (most of us) should be able to agree are the things really holding frost back. Since the ability was made to give frost a way to damage units in opposing globes why not add a damage scaling option for the ability when it's passing through a globe. 

And as stated with frosts survivability the guy just can't take a hit at any kind of challenging level.  Someone said to run steel fiber? When was the last time 700 armor was actually enough to keep a frame alive. I just think a frame who was 1 of the original tank frames should not be one of the easiest frames to kill and im not really sure how people can disagree with this. It would be the biggest thing for frost to allow him to stop being the boy in the bubble and give him some playability outside of stationary defense targets.

4 is decent because it's hard CC and armor strip at the same time, but it's still an ability with not much range,  a ridiculously slow cast time and a huge strength requirement if you want a meaningful armor stripping ability. 

Like I said the guy is outdated and the most clunky frame to use out there. And that's why he should be 1 of the frames to get changes soon. 

I agree that other hydroid and banshee could do with a few tweaks themselves but neither of them are stuck having to relegate the entirety of their gameplay into a tiny bubble

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Fighter-Inferno_ said:

I never stated that frost is a completely useless frame,  simply outdated to irrelevance. 

Yea... Sorry but that doesn't provide clarity to me :3

I dont feel like he's irrelevant, but I think he just needs a bit of tweaking to make his buildcrafting not 1 dimensional  

• Like 1

Were I to judge the state of Frost I'd say he's at a 7.5/10.

Perfectly servicable and functional with no massive drawbacks, but some of his abilities leave something to be desired.

Mostly his 1 and 2, his one being a "dumb fire" projectile that is roughly on the same level of usefulness as Ember's 1 and Ice Wave, which is often cited for it's augment more than the ability itself. His 3 is the definitive "Defensive" ability which has no issues as it stands and Avalanche is now better than ever since frozen enemies can have status applied to them.

His passive on the other hand is one of the worst in the game, a chance to freeze a melee attacker is so bad that he might as well not have a passive in the first place.

I wouldn't know what to do with his 1 and 2 to make them better, but literally anything is better than his current passive.

Edited by Aldain

I actually had a thought today that I think might actually be the best way to help what I feel are his biggest problems.  

Change his passive to give him an ice cloak that reflects projectiles after killing a unit that has a cold proc or is frozen

His 1 and 2 now serve as light CC and give him an easy way to access his survivability 

Edited by (PS4)Fighter-Inferno_
  • Like 1

He could be tweaked.  he doesn't need a rework.  Also lol about vauban/gara replacing him.  The fact that he can place multiple globes and globes block fire means globe isn't immediately dumpstered by those two's area protection abilities.

To quote myself from a minute ago in another thread...

Actually Frost did just get an indirect buff, in that we can proc status through enemies frozen with his 4. The main problem people run into is just not using him properly. Cover long reloads with his 1, use his 2 as a long range radar that slows enemies down, don't even bother with his 3 unless you're running mobile defense or you need to clear out a chunk of enemies from a downed ally. His 3 actually works better as a weapon for smashing enemies into walls, his 4 is his bread and butter move for defense. Build Range > Efficiency > Duration > Strength. Shut the whole room down with his 4 and just kill everything. Scythes and both Two Handed Nikana's work great with heavy builds for him; they proc slash through enemies frozen with his 4 in a wide arc, which in turn makes them explode and refresh the freeze time on anything around him.

He's fine. He's my most used frame by a rather large margin.

On 2019-12-10 at 4:12 PM, (PS4)Fighter-Inferno_ said:

For a long time frost had been considered a staple in defense missions because of how consistently reliable snow globe Is. But due to the growing strength of other frames that do similar things. Gara, limbo now vauban. Even to an extent volt. Frost has found himself with no real place in warframe, from being far too slow for open world content to having no real damage potential to make him good in endurance runs or even just high level quick missions like extermination and sabotage. 

Frost is now in a position where he's just never the right choice and that makes me pretty sad.  It would be good if perhaps he's the next frame to get an update,  since if I recall the last time he was changed was him recieving the ability to shatter his globes and them being changed to HP rather than duration based.

Personally I'd like to see him have some kind of ice armor to help him have some more survivability. Maybe something like absorbing the snow globes to turn them into a projectile reflection buff similar to chromas frost elemental ward. 

Would also be nice if he got a bigger focus on being able to freeze and slow the enemies as right now it feels like he's intended to do that but just doesn't do it very well.

Frost has has a balanced kit. If he got reworked he would likely end up getting nerfed like bad math chroma. His kit does take a lot of study to get down to the details.

• Haha 1