Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will you have to rebuild railjack if you change a clan

Eyvindur

I saw this question being asked in a Facebook group so I'm far from being an original by asking this but I'm curious what the deal is, seeing how i have not done it (built it but not left the clan) but I'm assuming the ship is built for you like the blue prints you get from the dojo, but any clear info on this? 

20 minutes ago, Eyvindur said:

Not trying to make a big discussion I guess but has this been tasted, mostly asking due to that, I assumed it was bound to you and if you happened to be without a dojo (or a dojo without a drydock) can you hist with your own ship? 

Well... I dunno about histing, but I figure you could host just fine, drydock or no.

19 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

Well... I dunno about histing, but I figure you could host just fine, drydock or no.

Devstream showed hosting was launched via the dry dock, only joining a mission was done via navigation.   Not saying thats the final plan but that was what was shown, and yes it's annoying needing to go drydock to launch it etc. 

9 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Devstream showed hosting was launched via the dry dock, only joining a mission was done via navigation.   Not saying thats the final plan but that was what was shown, and yes it's annoying needing to go drydock to launch it etc. 

We see back in Tennocon that the Railjack can dock to the Orbiter, meaning you can probably host from there as well.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

We see back in Tennocon that the Railjack can dock to the Orbiter, meaning you can probably host from there as well.

Can't say I remember that, I can only remember seeing it above the orbiter through the new skylight (think it as first shown then)

Just now, LSG501 said:

Can't say I remember that, I can only remember seeing it above the orbiter through the new skylight (think it as first shown then)

You can see it's connected by a big long 'umbilical'. There's also this distinctly door-shaped part of the new orbiter:zqCzx6q.jpg

8 hours ago, Loza03 said:

You can see it's connected by a big long 'umbilical'. There's also this distinctly door-shaped part of the new orbiter:zqCzx6q.jpg

Yeah there's a big 'pipe' coming down fro the railjack but it doesn't look like it actually connects to that point on the ship. 

Still doesn't mean we'll be able to launch from outside the drydock though so we'll need to wait and see I suppose. 

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

Yeah there's a big 'pipe' coming down fro the railjack but it doesn't look like it actually connects to that point on the ship. 

Still doesn't mean we'll be able to launch from outside the drydock though so we'll need to wait and see I suppose. 

There was also a 'enter railjack' prompt glitch a while back.

33 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

There was also a 'enter railjack' prompt glitch a while back.

Like I said, all we can do is wait and see... DE said in devstream etc that we're not getting the 'full version' on this release (no solo and I suspect just Earth maps) so I wouldn't be assuming anything that glitched will be there on release.  Also enter railjack, isn't the same as host a mission. 

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Like I said, all we can do is wait and see... DE said in devstream etc that we're not getting the 'full version' on this release (no solo and I suspect just Earth maps) so I wouldn't be assuming anything that glitched will be there on release.  Also enter railjack, isn't the same as host a mission. 

No, I imagine we're getting what we saw in the Devstream. So no, not all planets although more than just earth (we see 'veil proxima' and 'Saturn proxima') and no command.

Also, I would imagine based on just what we saw that as long as you can get in a railjack, you can host a mission. I mean, why NOT.

19 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I mean, why NOT.

Um because DE doesn't always do things how we expect them, they often 'forget' about the most simple things that would massively improve convenience or usability, especially on release of 'new things'.  If we're lucky they add them a little later down the line but I don't expect anything on release...