Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

T3 Defense - All Loki Completion

Saenol

Some people expressed skepticism that this was even possible (not sure why they would, but still), yet despite almost non-existent planning, no practice (I had never encountered two of the players before this, only played one mission with antix20 before, and don't main Loki), and no voice communications at all, we pulled it off.

To be honest, once we got the lasers worked out in the early rounds (which featured three TKs due to miscommunication/misunderstanding) this game rapidly turned into one of the smoothest T3 Defenses I have participated in. I don't think any of us ever ran out of energy, and the pod was only in serious trouble once.

I think our second game will go much smoother. We could probably go down to two Loki and still not have major trouble.

Anyway, here is the video (last 10 waves only, I didn't record the beginning):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp2zqo6YeIQ

Or use this link (be sure to watch in 1440p): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp2zqo6YeIQ

I believe antix20 has a video of the whole thing. I will see if I can get him to post it.

Edit - here is antix20's video of the whole thing:

Edited by Saenol

once again, saenol, you do a magnificent work in proving another skepticism to be wrong. seriously, great job!

I'm interested in some people opinion about loki after this video, especially his Radial Disarm. I use the skill in what I considered as effective, yet only few people believe me....

once again, saenol, you do a magnificent work in proving another skepticism to be wrong. seriously, great job!

Thanks. It's antix20 that deserves the real credit though, it was his idea to do an all Loki T3 defense. I just signed up and did my best to pull my weight on short notice.

As for the skeptics, my philosophy is that when someone says that something is 'impossible' (without a blatantly obvious and indisputable rationale for it), I can probably do it within 48 hours, and if I can do it, at least a hundred other people here can do it better.

Some people are just too stuck in their ways, too orthodox, to consider anything outside the single formula they know or think they know.

Nerf nova...err wait who are we nerfing now ? I wasn't paying attention :)

We are nerfing mice and keyboards. They let you aim where you want to aim and give you so many buttons to chose from that you can walk and chew gum at the same time.

OP I say, OP.

Edited by Saenol

Thanks. It's antix20 that deserves the real credit though, it was his idea to do an all Loki T3 defense. I just signed up and did my best to pull my weight on short notice.

As for the skeptics, my philosophy is that when someone says that something is 'impossible' (without a blatantly obvious and indisputable rationale for it), I can probably do it within 48 hours, and if I can do it, at least a hundred other people here can do it better.

Some people are just too stuck in their ways, too orthodox, to consider anything outside the single formula they know or think they know.

We are nerfing mice and keyboards. They let you aim where you want to aim and give you so many buttons to chose from that you can walk and chew gum at the same time.

OP I say, OP.

great job for antix20 too, then. both of you and also your squad have done something that I really admired :)

I agree, most people stay in one place. I can understand that actually. that's because it's safer, and have proven more effective with less work. but where's the fun in that :D

about nerf: we must nerf monitor; it let us see the enemies! it's too OP!

Edited by agung.up

The more I use it the more convinced I am that it's the most powerful ultimate in the game.

^^This.

The best ultimate is the one that will always have the same effect, whether the enemy is level 1 or 1000.

But anyhoo-- How did you get your Invis to not cause the yellowish tint to your screen?

But anyhoo-- How did you get your Invis to not cause the yellowish tint to your screen?

I've never seen a yellow tint when using invisibility.

Are you using DX11? Have you disabled color correction?

One Nyx solo'ed T3 defense till wave 6. Yeah try that with one Loki

I'm seriously considering a Solo attempt at T3 Defense completion with Loki, once I'm done polarizing my Galatine and I practice moving around more quickly with switch teleport.

I honestly think I could get past Wave 6 today.

The tint with invis is colour correction, yeah. ditto anything else that tints the screen. :)

Anyway i think your opening line says it all, OP. T3 defence is not trivial but it's not hard if you're well geared, let alone if you all use the lasers properly.

The all-loki run is still very stylish though :D

Nice one.

Never really doubted this could be done, and really, you just need people who have a good idea of what they're doing. Quite possibly regardless of frame, too.

What I'm most surprised to see in this thread is that no one called you out on "super OP Soma/Swraith/Acrid/DethCube" BS (yet). Maybe it's due to the fact that the Acrid is not that obvious :P

It's a shame this thread (like many others) won't really sway any popular beliefs in the community - a small fraction of the playerbase ever visits the forums and a small fraction of that will ever admit to being wrong, most likely.

Ahhh i love this post :D mine vid full lengh

also i love how ther was some one who sayd its inposible and now its like in uR FACE! to easy srsl radial disarm wins if we has ash we have a much much harder time soo good job guyz deserved the forma :D and prooved that loki is awsome and that u dont need novas and and maxed frosts to win this

also 42% dmg wtf? im realy diz gud xD

soo yeh good job had a hard time geting the players up for it and did it in first go

Edited by antix20

The more I use it the more convinced I am that it's the most powerful ultimate in the game.

Bro. Imagine a Mag + Loki + Nyx. You would make everyone fight eachother with sticks, and kill of the remainings easily because no shields :>

Edited by Playur