Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

H3dsh0t's revisit to Banshee

DeeDeetheSpy

23 hours ago, Raqiya said:

I can imagine that'll make landing Sonar's more difficult.

For precise weapons, most likely. I tend to use AOE for her and kinda blanket hits. I think if it was to be something to be implimited, it would have to be tested... I say like I have any ability to guide this.

On 2019-12-11 at 2:07 AM, DeeDeetheSpy said:

He posted a new video revisiting it and had some great suggestions and I agree with his overall message. a fun but dated frame that is too squishy for it's own good. I found it amusing he came out with this today given yesterday I was just playing with her a lot and talking with my clan on adjustments she could get. (though a lot of clan mates look far more down on her than I do)

I have some suggestions of my own I posted and thought I would share them here too

1: Her abilities need some synergy going for them of some kind. Pablo, PLEASE grace us with your magic touch. 

2: Swap the damage types of her 1 and 4. Sound Quake should be doing impact damage not blast due to it being a stagger and Sonic Boom should be blast due to rag doll. Sound Quake's Augment should then change SQ to Blast type instead of impact and also cause the weapon drop effect.

3: Synergy suggestion. Have her 3 cause enemies not just to grab their ears in pain but drop their weapons to the ground and be disarmed. Not like Loki's Disarm where its for good but like Titania's Disarm where they can run and pick it up again. On top of that, the weapons can be pushed away with blast damage attacks so enemies go chasing after their guns.

4: Confusion, Enemies impacted by 3 perhaps instead keep grabbing their head but if something attacks them, they will attack that target back. Be it friend or foe (Radiation synergy).

5: Suppressor passive is a joke given her 3 does the exact same thing. I think it would be something to perhaps have a "sound disturbance" passive that causes enemies to become more and more inaccurate based on the number of powers they are affected by... That includes multiple stacks of Resonance causes more and more inaccuracy.

Banshee is flawless for the best of the best and the most basic players. I dont agree with the said proposed changes. Its not necessary and would make Banshee even more overpowered and unbalanced.  

players who truly understand game engineering and design will say that Banshee is a rare masterpiece that is right in front of us. 

DE please do not change and bend just for 1 players wish there are things that do not need "rework" Banshee is one of those warframes that should never change and still possess highest levels of combat effectiveness and gameplay even after 5-7 years and onward.  Old school is old school.

• Like 1

On 2019-12-20 at 9:43 PM, (PS4)OmegaXenon said:

Banshee is flawless for the best of the best and the most basic players. I dont agree with the said proposed changes. Its not necessary and would make Banshee even more overpowered and unbalanced.  

players who truly understand game engineering and design will say that Banshee is a rare masterpiece that is right in front of us. 

DE please do not change and bend just for 1 players wish there are things that do not need "rework" Banshee is one of those warframes that should never change and still possess highest levels of combat effectiveness and gameplay even after 5-7 years and onward.  Old school is old school.

While I appreciate your thoughts, I am clearly not just "one player" asking for something more. There are many with a range of skill levels that think she needs a pass of refinement at least if not a full rework. A number of players in my Alliance, which has hundreds of players, who are still new to the game to those like me that have played for many years, MR28, and have over 4400 hours in mission hours with the game and have a fine understanding of it are asking for something to be done.

Banshee has always been one of my favorite frames from the start and she is in my top 5 most played frames... While I respect your opinion of #NoChanges #Oldschool, I am suspect on the basis of your opinion and what content you are trying to do with her, because once you start getting to level 60+ enemies, her kit really starts to crack. 100+ enemies and if you're not in constant cover, you will be 1 shot and have to depend on the rest of the team to carry you and you're just making them more effect at this point unless you're doing something like the earlier stated tricks with damage reductions.