Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How should I mod Khora?

Arizoko

Question

To use my Wisp as an example of what I want: I've emphasized Strength & Duration for good reservoirs, but I've made sure to avoid sacrificing Range or Efficiency so her 2 & 3 are still usable. Emphasis on one ability while still being somewhat flexible when it comes to using the others. I was thinking Strength+Range since I've heard her 2 & 4 aren't that good (or was that wrong?)

And a side question regarding Venari: Does she benefit from the Tek mods (+Ability Duration, Chance to ignore lethal damage?)

3 answers to this question

32 minutes ago, Arizoko said:

I've heard her 2 & 4 aren't that good (or was that wrong?)

IMO, very wrong, Ensnare is an amazing bit of (non-LOS) mass CC that clumps enemies together e.g. for Melee / AoE weapon pwnage,
Dangledome is similarly strong CC and can wreck lots of enemies at once with some Whipclaw spam (also Augment for loot bot funzies).

FWIW, this is my general use build:

Corrosive Projection, Coaction Drift
R9 Umbral Intensify, Transient Fortitude
Stretch, Overextended
Primed Continuity, Augur Message
Streamline, R9 Umbral Vitality

With some additional source(s) of Energy, spamming your high-Range abilities all over is just dang (effective and) fun 😄 

42 minutes ago, Arizoko said:

regarding Venari: Does she benefit from the Tek mods (+Ability Duration, Chance to ignore lethal damage?)

Not sure, though TBH I don't really use any Duration-based Mods on Venari lol,
and an unreliable survival aid seems meh when you can heal her via Melee attacks / just resummon her upon death.

1 hour ago, Arizoko said:

To use my Wisp as an example of what I want: I've emphasized Strength & Duration for good reservoirs, but I've made sure to avoid sacrificing Range or Efficiency so her 2 & 3 are still usable. Emphasis on one ability while still being somewhat flexible when it comes to using the others. I was thinking Strength+Range since I've heard her 2 & 4 aren't that good (or was that wrong?)

And a side question regarding Venari: Does she benefit from the Tek mods (+Ability Duration, Chance to ignore lethal damage?)

The main use of strength is damage to her 1 and movement speed bonus to her 3's passive. If you have khora's 1 augment, you can get good damage on her 1 even with low strength. So yeah, you don't build Khora like Wisp, because unlike Wisp, Khora doesn't need a lot of strength

If you spam her 1 a lot (which you should), you will need at least 160% Eff. Some range would be good but anything above 200% won't benefit her 1. Also melee mods, except for attack speed, condition overload and reach, affect her 1. Her 1 has high crit chance but low status chance, so use a pure crit melee build.

Her 4 is one of the best CC abilities in the game, since it has huge range and works as a hard CC, a pull, aggro attractor, and a loot bonus (with the augment that works like hydroid). Adjust the duration and range according to your need, whether you want it to be a pull to spread your 1's damage, or a static CC.

Her 2, due the effect delay, is overshadowed by her 4, but it can be useful for stealth killing, as it preserve the alertness states of enemies until it expires.

venari benefit from all kavat's mod, except the exclusive one, which it can't equip, and the mod stacks with the mods on her other pets (Tek assault definitely works). For that reason, khora has the largest radar range due to 2 primed animal instinct. Also, the attack of venari attack stance has guaranteed slash proc, so it's actually a stronger heal through hunter recovery than its healing stance.

and here's my generic build. Coaction drift and mobilize can be replaced with duration or range mods.

unknown.png

Edited by HolyDemon00

Everything about khora is useful.
I mod her like this(aura is Rejuvenation or Shepherd ,1 forma, it could be better but I don't have a forma ready) and I take a good stat stick/melee with me:
CVTpaY6.png

1 hour ago, Arizoko said:

I don't think she does:
I use venary for damage- maul, bite and two 60/60 mods for viral(Frost Jaw and Venom Teeth ) Sharpened Claws , Hunter Recovery, Primed Animal Instinct, fetch(if my other things dies and I don't revive him for some reason) and Link Health and armour for survivability.
With a setup similar like this she can take down high level targets without any problem and heal me while she does it.

Edited by vegetosayajin