Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas for Revenant rework

Or4ngeClaw

I had some time to think about a possible way to rework revenant into a state where all of his abilities are usefull and not just 2. 

I had in mind that revenant should have a way more sentient and eidolon based theme since that is kinda what he is supposed to be

Here are the proposed changes i would make if i had any chance to do so. (i have not the slightest clue how to balance damage and buffs so just imagine that those are there)

Passive - While revenant has shields active he will be immune to any damage he would take to his health. (think how overshields work but for all of his shields)

Ability 1 (Bombardment) - Revenant can cycle between three different types of bombardment and call those down upon his location in a distance around himself, volley will shoot down rockets that deal blast damage, lightning will summon a lighning storm that will target enemies around revenant, pillars will summon pillars of light that burn enemies if the come to close to them. (these are the abillites the eidolons can use against you when fighting them)

Ability 2 (Vomvalyst rush) - when activated a vomvalysts will rush toward revenant and will follow him and heal him, allies can get close to revenant to pick up one of the vomvalysts and have them follow them instead, this will cut down revenants healing by 25% per vomvalyst taken by an ally. (again this is taken from the eidolons ability to summon vomvalysts to heal them)

Ability 3 (sentient shielding) revenant will creat a shield around himself that once enough damage of a specific type has been taken will give revenant a resistance buff against that specific damage type. (this is from all the sentient enemies which can resist damage types if they are used too much on them)

Ability 4 (Danse Macabre) i would not change anything about this ability since it makes sense in the lore for the sentients.

• Like 2

Sounds pretty bad, not going to lie. I'm not a fan of Revenant's thematic merge between vampirism and Eidolons, but just outright trying too hard to copy Eidolon abilities isn't going in the right direction.

"Bombardment" sounds as uncomfortable as Hydroid's Tempest Barrage, and as a concept would be better as a 3 ability for a local nuke, similar to Ember's new Inferno.

"Vomvalyst Rush" is way too blatant, and having teammates able to pick away from your healing doesn't sound very nice.

"Sentient Shielding" sounds like it's too much effort for too little output. The Adaptation mod already does this, and isn't restricted to being a "buff for that specific damage". It just isn't a good idea.

The passive just sounds like a better version of Hildryn's for no reason except because that's how Eidolons have it. I'm not against it though.

• Like 2

Too much fixation on the whole eidolon thing.

He isnt an eidolon frame, there has never been such a thing, there could never be such a thing. Revenant is corrupted due to his time on the plains, he is still a warframe at the core. He is an "undead" version of the original "Revenant" frame that has a few themes tied in with Eidolons, that are also just "undead" parts of a massive sentient. It is more the sentient powers/energy that fuel him and lets him work as a specter in the story quest, because there is no tenno tied to him at that point. His powers, or well their appearance is mimiced to resemble those of the things around him i.e the eidolons. The powers themselves are warframe designed coming from the Orokin era, they've simply just gotten corrupted during the time on and under the plains.

Everything he currently has can fit in on a prime version aslong as they go with orokin concepts for the visual effects instead. Making him a full blown sentient based frame would have zero connection in the lore and would very likely be a mistake that the Orokin wouldnt even think of doing after the initial disaster that were the sentients aswell as the disaster the first frames were aswell. Why would they ever mix the two freely?

It feels like the people that want this eidolon frame simply doesnt grasp what the warframes really are to begin with.

Revenant is an undead frame that has simply fed on the power of those he has had around him i.e the sentient bits and pieces scattered across the plains and in the lakes. That is why he is a "vampire" "eidolon" frame.

edit: Plus he is one of the best frames atm, why should they spend time and resources to change him when there are actual frames in need of reworks because they are actually lacking?

Edited by SneakyErvin

Eidolons should definitely become a greater source of inspiration for Revenant's presentation and kit, but I believe it has to be a bit more creative than what you've posted here. Let me take a stab at it:

First of all, a complete sound redesign, having his abilities make similar noises/yells/groans to Eidolons, but obviously reduced in volume and made to fit the ability 

Passive: an innate "Adaptation" effect that only goes up to 25% for adapted protection, and a 50% chance to release a tracking projectile when he takes health damage, similar to the ones that shoot from an Eidolon's broken limb, scalable by Ability Strength, or maybe by the damage that triggers it. The projectiles, not the Adaptation-lite. Projectiles have a 1 second cooldown of rolling.

First ability, keep the idea of Enthrall because of how Amalgams have been exploring into enemy mind control+buffing. Increase health/damage based on Strength, have them strictly follow Revenant like Wukong's clone. The Enthrall figures that float over them chip away as a Thrall takes damage, but whether the duration runs out or if you hold 1 to let go off all Thralls, it becomes a bit of an fragment explosive that damages all nearby enemies including the released Thrall, based on how little it's been chipped away at. If Thralls are killed early, including if they are killed by the aforementioned explosion, do the pillar of light they currently do. Revenant and team can walk near these lights to siphon off health and shield. This together will replace Reave's function, as it currently all feels too fragmented.

Mesmer Skin is too much of an outlier if we're being honest. Complete invulnerability that you can recast and that you always want on is weird. It's precisely the same issue as Wukong's old Defy. Change it to function as a wide smoke that envelopes nearby enemies to knock them out, maybe at a rate similar to Baruuk's Lull. When multiple enemies are knocked out, casting Enthrall will try its best to hit all of them near each other, so as to reduce the constant manual casting. Mesmer Skin is now duration (time) based and offers Revenant a small Evade % as well. Thralls within the smoke of Mesmer Skin also gain a buff of some kind, unsure since I'm just spitballing here. Maybe a health regen, though not too strong.

Reave should be replaced now with something closer to real Eidolon abilities. Maybe your idea of "Bombardment", OP. I did say it's concept would function better as a local nuke 3 like Ember's Inferno or Radial Javelin ( not as crappy as it currently is, of course). Revenant aims his energy arm to the air and fires it off, bringing down a local torrent of light beams that move slowish to seek enemies like Zephyr's mini Tornados. Like Danse Macabre, they adapt to the health types they damage, and do more damage to targets as they stay in them. Thralls who fall under the lasers and die will leave their own pillars of light that no longer give the team health/shield, but add to the carnage. That way it's a tactical choice between holding 1 to explode them all to spawn the support light beams, or killing them in the crossfire of this "Bombardment" to add to its offensiveness with more laser beams. 

Edited by so_many_watermelons

25 minutes ago, Troposphere6 said:

Can we work on ideas for fixing frames that are actually under performing? I think ash could use a rethink before we indulge gears 

Revenant is under performing. He’s the worst option for every possible category. Also I’m not going to stop bashing him until he does get a rework so you either move for a Revenant Rework or you have to put up with my rants about how garbage he is for the rest of your time on these forums.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

edit: Plus he is one of the best frames atm, why should they spend time and resources to change him when there are actual frames in need of reworks because they are actually lacking?

Best frames because of Mesmer Skin? Because like I say in my 2nd post, below yours, that's exactly the reason why there were people resistant to the Wukong rework. Because of one single outlier ability.

Dance Macabre is also fine as it is, but Reave and Enthrall are not. They are too clunky between each other and of course, they are not popular with players due to interactions with teammates that basically leave them not feeling like Enthralling is necessary, simply casting 2 and 4 when surrounded.

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Revenant is under performing. He’s the worst option for every possible category. Also I’m not going to stop bashing him until he does get a rework so you either move for a Revenant Rework or you have to put up with my rants about how garbage he is.

And I would very much miss those rants so I hope they leave him as is.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

NO! No no no no no. Get that garbage ability out of here. Eidolons don’t mind control and everything about Enthrall sucks. Any ability that even remotely resembles it should not be for consideration.

Maybe read what I wrote. Some Amalgams are able to basically Enthrall, and others can create those Spectrolyst enemies. Amalgams may not be native Sentients, but they are Natah/Alad's evolution of the Sentients as a whole. It absolutely fits within the lore, though I understand how one can be adverse to the idea.

Regarding that, that's why I laid out what I said. Thralls should not be the important part, but rather how they contribute elsewhere. As sources of explosions if holding 1, as sources of team support when they die, as extra sources of damage when they die to the 3.

Edited by so_many_watermelons

All of his active abilities are already useful in their current state. The passive is not useful at all though.

1) Enthrall -- Draws fire away from Revenant and pacifies dangerous enemies and bosses for you and your team mates to gun down.

Use case 1: When solo, draws fire away from Revenant greatly increasing Mesmer Skin's longevity. Also draws fire away from defense targets.
Use case 2: Pacify very dangerous/annoying enemies like bosses and Liches... also useful to negate dangerous attacks that you can telegraph.
Use case 3: Synergy with Reave for one-shot and healing (even though you can theoretically play the entire mission at 2 HP).

Problem 1: Players think of Thralls like Nekros shadows or Nyx's Mind Controlled enemies. They are a cannon fodder and supposed to die.
Problem 2: As with most CC, they are less useful in team missions because everything dies so easily already (including the Thralls). Players want Thralls to last longer or be immune to friendly fire to suit these easy missions while overlooking its potential use of allowing players to safely gun down very dangerous enemies that are currently lacking.

2) Mesmer Skin -- Charge-based defense mechanism with 100% damage mitigation per charge. While environmental damage can bypass Mesmer Skin (without deducting a charge), Revenant cannot fall below 2 HP with Mesmer Skin active.

Use case 1: Obviously, a defense ability.
Use case 2: Works well with self-damage weapons. Even if Revenant can still hurt himself, he can't pass below 2 HP with Mesmer Skin active.
Use case 3: High ability strength Revenants can stun an entire room of enemies with Mesmer Skin while having a handful of stacks left... in the unlikely scenario that any of them actually hit the Revenant! Mesmer Skin works as well as it does because enemies are largely very inaccurate and low fire-rate.
Use case 4: Synergy with Enthrall (free Enthrall).

Problem 1: Players who don't actively move or use Enthrall or players who are accustomed to cast-and-forget or time-based defense abilities may feel Mesmer Skin is inconsistent.
Problem 2: Certain enemies that are immune to status with pinpoint accuracy and high fire rate can strip all of Revenant's Mesmer Skin stacks fast. I can think of 3 such enemies: Profit Taker, Exploiter (phase 1), and Tusk Bolkor (PoE armed drop ship). Normal high fire-rate enemies have a per-enemy time gate (e.g. Ospreys and Orokin Sentries) when stripping stacks.

3) Reave -- Scaling damage ability that also heals Revenant.

Use case 1: With 250% ability strength, a Revenant can one shot all non-Nox non-Eximus non-boss units with 1 pass through an Enthralled target. Many bosses (Kela de Thaym, Phorid, Kuva Liches, Sergent, Raptors, all Index enemies, etc...) can be one-shotted this way too. Some cannot (Wolf of Saturn Six). NOTE: You can pass through the same target multiple times with 1 Reave so you don't need 250% ability strength.
Use case 2: Heal Revenant from environmental damage and toxic procs.
Niche use case 3: Provide allies with 1 Mesmer Skin stack before Exploiter or Profit Taker explode to protect allies... not that you should be standing around dead Profit Takers or Exploiters.

Problem 1: Most missions are so easy you don't need Reave unless you want to spice up your experience. Just a well-modded MK1-Braton will do you well for most stuff.
Problem 2: To make the most of Reave, you need to use Enthrall. Most enemies in most missions are too squishy to last. Enthralled enemies are susceptible to friendly fire and die very quickly too.

4) Danse Macabre -- A boring nuke ability that is limited by terrain configuration. Deals faction-specific damage with mixed results (see problems).

Use case 1: Good for quickly clearing an area that happens to be mostly flat. Good for clearing Interception Towers that are in the process of being taken over.
Use case 2: Synergizes with Reave allowing Revenant to reposition himself quickly. Reave's cost is reduced by 1/2 (personally I don't use this, I only cast Danse Macabre in short bursts).

Problem 1: It requires the area to be mostly flat.
Problem 2: It drains a lot of energy for what it gives. Consequently, efficiency is one of the most important stats for Revenant.
Problem 3: Faction-specific damage is good for Grineer, Corrupted and Corpus. It is especially bad for Infested as it deals Gas damage to the Infested which is bad against Ancients (corrosive and blast are better for these guys) and negated almost entirely by both Ancient Disruptors and Toxic Ancients. So Danse Macabre is really bad against Infested.
Problem 4: Danse Macabre has an anti-synergy with Mesmer Skin in that Danse Macabre returns incoming damage. But all incoming damage is negated by Mesmer Skin... so you almost never return incoming damage through Danse Macabre.
Problem 5: Danse Macabre explodes energy pillars created by Thralls. The explosion does damage, but it removes the pillar greatly reducing your auto-spreading Thrall capability (if you care).
Bug: You can be trapped in Danse Macabre until you die or run out of energy if you fall off a ledge in such a way that Revenant would try to pull himself up.

Closing remarks:

In practice, in most 10 minute missions, you don't need many of his abilities. You might cast his 2... you don't technically need it when enemies deal very little damage (much of the star chart).
In solo PoE and Orb Vallis bounties, I heavily use Enthrall for defense phases (e.g. Armored Vault). No matter the level, these are the easiest most effortless bounty phases for Revenant because of his Enthrall.

Just now, Troposphere6 said:

Could you switch over to Nyx now? Cause that frame could do with a revisit.

After Revenant rework.

Also of course Nyx currently sucks and her rework did nothing to fix that. Because the person responsible for Revenants current state was responsible for the Nyx rework. Turns out people that aren’t game designers don’t know how to design.

1 minute ago, so_many_watermelons said:

Maybe read what I wrote. Amalgams are able to basically Enthrall and create those Spectrolyst enemies. Amalgams may not be native Sentients, but they are Natah/Alad's evolution of the Sentients as a whole. It absolutely fits within the lore, though I understand how one can be adverse to the idea.

Regarding that, that's why I laid out what I said. Thralls should not be the important part, but rather how they contribute elsewhere. As sources of explosions if holding 1, as sources of team support when they die, as extra sources of damage when they die to the 3.

IDC. It’s still mind control and therefore still technically part of the vampire theme. Scrap it.

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

IDC. It’s still mind control and therefore still technically part of the vampire theme. Scrap it.

Just because you shake your head doesn't mean you're right. It doesn't have to be described as anything vampiric, because they have already written ingame lore for how Amalgams do it. They inject weird S#&$ into enemies to buff/convert them to fight for the Amalgam, described as "memes" funnily enough.

I absolutely agree about getting away from "vampirism" as a whole, but thralls can still work under the Sentient theme and I've already laid out how they can be more useful. I do not see you suggesting a way to replace them that would be better than what I've said.

There is honestly no reason to cut his entire kit and keep his most uninspired ability. And the only abilities that I'd argue that could use any changes would be Enthrall and Reave.

Enthrall can remain exactly as it is and just have the death pillar buffed. He already has Macabre for non-static missions and even if people nuke his thralls instantly if the pillars were at least useful it'd give him a stronger niche in defense type missions. Also scrap the interaction of Macabre detonating his pillars, the damage it deals isn't even helpful. Or take a different approach and have Thralls continue to fight after death like turning into some ghostly Vomvalyst.

Then Reave has a major component go entirely ignored because of how easy healing has become in this game. If the game wasn't so nuke dominated or this ability was in any other game it'd be outright overpowered as it currently is. But questionable game design aside the issue with it is that it's largely dependent on Thralls and is too slow to justify any effects it'd have on them. To make it more functional in the current state of the game all it needs would be a base damage component to turn it into a nuking ability or give it some interaction with his pillars.

14 minutes ago, trst said:

There is honestly no reason to cut his entire kit and keep his most uninspired ability. And the only abilities that I'd argue that could use any changes would be Enthrall and Reave.

The entirety of Revenant is uninspired. All of his abilities are just cheap knockoffs of other abilities.

Enthrall is just worse mind control.

Mesmer skin is just worse Amesha 2.

Reave is just worse tidal surge.

Rebecca even tried to defend that after 35 frames its hard to come up with truly original abilities. Only for just about every frame to release after Revenant to have truly unique concepts and ability design. Revenants design is just lazy.

And while Danse Macabre is just another press 4 to win ability it does at least have a unique mechanic with the adapting damage type. And there’s things that can be done with that.

Enthrall and Reave need to go. Eidolons don’t mind control and they don’t turn into mist and dash around. Mesmer skin needs to go too. It’s an over rated tank ability that’s not even that good at its job.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

46 minutes ago, so_many_watermelons said:

Best frames because of Mesmer Skin? Because like I say in my 2nd post, below yours, that's exactly the reason why there were people resistant to the Wukong rework. Because of one single outlier ability.

Dance Macabre is also fine as it is, but Reave and Enthrall are not. They are too clunky between each other and of course, they are not popular with players due to interactions with teammates that basically leave them not feeling like Enthralling is necessary, simply casting 2 and 4 when surrounded.

No because of his whole kit. Enthrall is a fantastic aggro management tool, reave is a great movement skill, it syncs well with danse and then mesmer skin is a wonderful defensive skill.

Mesmer Skin is just his defensive ability and not much unlike the massive HP pool of Inaros, the Iron Skin/Halo of Rhino/Nezha or the shield of Hildryn. His kit simply works well together as it is and gives you several option when it comes to how you wanna play him.

The difference between Defy and MS is that Defy was a redundant skill on an already tanky frame. You simply didnt need it on Wukong. Revenant isnt naturally tanky.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

No because of his whole kit. Enthrall is a fantastic aggro management tool, reave is a great movement skill, it syncs well with danse and then mesmer skin is a wonderful defensive skill.

Mesmer Skin is just his defensive ability and not much unlike the massive HP pool of Inaros, the Iron Skin/Halo of Rhino/Nezha or the shield of Hildryn. His kit simply works well together as it is and gives you several option when it comes to how you wanna play him.

The difference between Defy and MS is that Defy was a redundant skill on an already tanky frame. You simply didnt need it on Wukong. Revenant isnt naturally tanky.

No offense but what are you on about? Reave is a mediocre movement skill, and is completely and unnecessarily segmented from Enthrall. The health is good but for movement it only works when cast with Danse. Enthrall is decent for aggro management but all that amounts to is "okay you stop shooting at me, and you as well" and so on. They die too quickly under teammate fire to mean anything, and their own damage output sucks. The immobile pillars of light that come from their deaths means so little. And I've already explained how terrible Mesmer Skin is for reasons of "cast 'n forget until it needs recast" being a bad idea. I will give it it's value in being infinitely scalable, but it absolutely needs to be changed because as it is it is way too lazy.

But most of all, what are you talking about with old Wukong being tanky and Defy being redundant? I hope you aren't trying to make false claims in hopes I wasn't around back then to call it out? Wukong as he was was not very tanky. He was maybe current Excalibur (non-Umbra) tier in terms of it, and Cloud Walker of course was terribly slow and without heal. Compared to other tanks, he was pitifully outweighed by all other tanky frames before applying Defy.

There are few options to run Revenant with. Either you build for Mesmer Skin to lazily walk through missions, you build for Danse Macabre to lazy spin through mid tier enemies, or you actually try to build for thralls and find that it's fairly underwhelming.

Regardless, my suggestion post

1 hour ago, so_many_watermelons said:

Eidolons should definitely become a greater source of inspiration for Revenant's presentation and kit, but I believe it has to be a bit more creative than what you've posted here. Let me take a stab at it:

First of all, a complete sound redesign, having his abilities make similar noises/yells/groans to Eidolons, but obviously reduced in volume and made to fit the ability 

Passive: an innate "Adaptation" effect that only goes up to 25% for adapted protection, and a 50% chance to release a tracking projectile when he takes health damage, similar to the ones that shoot from an Eidolon's broken limb, scalable by Ability Strength, or maybe by the damage that triggers it. The projectiles, not the Adaptation-lite. Projectiles have a 1 second cooldown of rolling.

First ability, keep the idea of Enthrall because of how Amalgams have been exploring into enemy mind control+buffing. Increase health/damage based on Strength, have them strictly follow Revenant like Wukong's clone. The Enthrall figures that float over them chip away as a Thrall takes damage, but whether the duration runs out or if you hold 1 to let go off all Thralls, it becomes a bit of an fragment explosive that damages all nearby enemies including the released Thrall, based on how little it's been chipped away at. If Thralls are killed early, including if they are killed by the aforementioned explosion, do the pillar of light they currently do. Revenant and team can walk near these lights to siphon off health and shield. This together will replace Reave's function, as it currently all feels too fragmented.

Mesmer Skin is too much of an outlier if we're being honest. Complete invulnerability that you can recast and that you always want on is weird. It's precisely the same issue as Wukong's old Defy. Change it to function as a wide smoke that envelopes nearby enemies to knock them out, maybe at a rate similar to Baruuk's Lull. When multiple enemies are knocked out, casting Enthrall will try its best to hit all of them near each other, so as to reduce the constant manual casting. Mesmer Skin is now duration (time) based and offers Revenant a small Evade % as well. Thralls within the smoke of Mesmer Skin also gain a buff of some kind, unsure since I'm just spitballing here. Maybe a health regen, though not too strong.

Reave should be replaced now with something closer to real Eidolon abilities. Maybe your idea of "Bombardment", OP. I did say it's concept would function better as a local nuke 3 like Ember's Inferno or Radial Javelin ( not as crappy as it currently is, of course). Revenant aims his energy arm to the air and fires it off, bringing down a local torrent of light beams that move slowish to seek enemies like Zephyr's mini Tornados. Like Danse Macabre, they adapt to the health types they damage, and do more damage to targets as they stay in them. Thralls who fall under the lasers and die will leave their own pillars of light that no longer give the team health/shield, but add to the carnage. That way it's a tactical choice between holding 1 to explode them all to spawn the support light beams, or killing them in the crossfire of this "Bombardment" to add to its offensiveness with more laser beams. 

tried to cover as many bases while keeping Enthrall+making it better and more connected with the functions of Reave ( except, admittedly, the movement which was an excellent point you brought up ). As for Mesmer Skin, it could still use tuning up, but the total damage negation on a basis of charges is something that is as bad as old Defy and will most definitely be targeted for a rework eventually down the line. In the same way Wukong was.

16 minutes ago, so_many_watermelons said:

There are few options to run Revenant with. Either you build for Mesmer Skin to lazily walk through missions, you build for Danse Macabre to lazy spin through mid tier enemies, or you actually try to build for thralls and find that it's fairly underwhelming.

Or build for all of them because they're all actually useful in many places and situations. I mean gosh, how many Mesmer Skin stacks do you actually need? It's already a walk-in-the-park with 14 stacks. You can already fit Fleeting Expertise and Streamline on Revenant... already 190% channeling efficiency and 175% cast efficiency. The Thrall duration is very high to begin with 30 some odd seconds. You don't really need more duration... Reave has a width that is slightly less than War's range diameter (a melee weapon with the longest range in the game). You don't really need much range.

Let's see, from memory, I got:

Ability Strength: 238% (14 stacks, 95% Reave drain)
Ability Efficiency: 175% (190% channeling efficiency)
Ability Range: 79% (makes Reave's width like 5m?)
Ability Duration: 110% (35 second Thralls? How much more do you need man!?)

Build: Umbral Intensify, Streamline (or Primed Flow for Energy Reduction Sortie), Fleeting Expertise, Narrow Minded, Stretch, Augur Secrets, Transient Fortitude, Natural Talent, Power Drift.

This is more than enough for everything! And I have 1 slot extra that I use with Natural Talent to make him even smoother to play.

Edited by nslay

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Revenant is under performing. He’s the worst option for every possible category. Also I’m not going to stop bashing him until he does get a rework so you either move for a Revenant Rework or you have to put up with my rants about how garbage he is for the rest of your time on these forums.

Just off the top of my head he's already pretty much a roll-credits button with next to no effort for the Index, the Grendel missions, and (last time I checked, might've changed) Lich fights.

Saying something repeatedly (with no justification) doesn't make it true.

I'd argue we as a whole should just get the heck over the whole "but the theme" thing because trying to "fix" it usually just makes things worse, as we see in this thread.

11 minutes ago, Vox_Preliator said:

Just off the top of my head he's already pretty much a roll-credits button with next to no effort for the Index, the Grendel missions, and (last time I checked, might've changed) Lich fights.

Saying something repeatedly (with no justification) doesn't make it true.

I'd argue we as a whole should just get the heck over the whole "but the theme" thing because trying to "fix" it usually just makes things worse, as we see in this thread.

Yes Danse Macabre is a good ability. But 1 good ability does not make a good frame.

Index is not that hard. Saying a frame is the best at it literally means nothing.

Grendel missions are cancer. But given the fact that they’re one and done missions pretty much makes the fear of being able to do them pretty redundant.

Revenant can 1 shot a Lich to remove them from the mission, but it doesn’t kill them in the way that they’re gone forever and you get their weapon, and you effectively eliminated the opportunity to test your requiem combination. Not to mention any frame can get a much to leave the mission now, rendering that glitch redundant.

What does Revenant look like? A vampire? No. So where’s the justification to him having vampire abilities? Nowhere. The implementation of the vampire theme into Revenant was not only a terrible design decision but it was also a massive middle finger to the community because it wasted the potential of both an Eidolon themed Warframe and a vampire themed Warframe. Two potentially great frames wasted and thrown into the blender to come out as some hideous abomination. The only way Revenant will actually be good is by doing away with the theme that has no business being there.