Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you guys prefer the first completed murmur to be on the first, second, or third?

Flameduel

I always prefer it to be on the second or third, since it makes all my stab tests on the first slot not a waste, if it is on the second or third, it reduces possible to about an eighth roughly, but if it is on the first one after testing 4 times you only reduced your options to a fourth of them. this allows you to figure the first one before you get your second murmur, and saves you looking for the third. Side note, I never had the first murmur be the first slot. 😛

I fast clear Liches so I always unlock 2 Requiems and brute force to unlock the third

The worst case is the third unlocked Requiem is the first in the sequence

The best case is the first unlocked Requiem is the first in the sequence

Edited by .Unreality

Third. By the time you're farming the last one, you have stabbed your Lich so many times that the you may already know the first one by trail and error and the second by reaching the second murmur level.

For example, let's say you unlock a murmur after 4 Lich encounters. If it happens to be the first one, you still have to go through the same motions all over again. If it's the last one, you are now only 3 fights away from getting 2 murmurs ready because the one you just discovered is discarded by proxy, not to mention that stages 1 and 2 only require 30 murmurs each rather than 70 at state 3, so it's significantly faster.

Edited by Jarriaga

First makes more sense since if you dont know the first requiem you cant guess the second or the third requiem's order If you get the first requiem you can easily guess where the second requiem mod goes by testing if it fits well congratz it is the second if it doesnt well then you know its the third one and the last requiem you get will be the middle one

Edited by 8faiNt

since the first two Requiems collect Murmurs significantly faster than the third, then it's a no brainer that you would always prefer either first, second, or first and second.

i don't bother until i have the first two Requiems at minimum.

Edited by taiiat

I would heavily prefer it to be the first.
I've had way too many cases where the last word I unlock is the first word in my sequence...and by that time I've already gone through all 7 wrong answers in the first slot and was just about to unlock the final word anyways meaning that I just took 9 stab attempts over a very annoying length of time to kill my lich.
Meanwhile if the first word in my sequence is the first or second word I unlock with murmurs I can complete the lich fairly quickly and with minimal annoyance of running half a dozen missions or more between each spawn of it...

Ok so there's a rather simple logic in my strategy of how to try requiems efficiently.

First of all (and this isn't necessary the most efficient way, but I prefer it like this) try not to stab a Lich before you've completed the first requiem. The reason is that such a stab gives little to no info on the correct requiem, but it unnecessary increases Lich's level and resets their aggression, meaning you'll need to kill more thralls to have them spawn when you have the first requiem. You're better farm some thralls when they spawn them and then just bring the Lich down three times.

When you have a new requirm mod unveiled, no matter whether it's the first, second or third, you should place it on the first unknown position.

The first known requiem goes to the first slot. Stabbing the Lich immediately gives you information on the requiem order (whether the mod is or isn't on the first slot).

If it isn't on the first position, it goes to the second, so when the first correct requiem is clear, you will have some info on the order immediately after that.

There's literally no purpose in placing your first requiem on the third position. This gives you no info on it's position, and instead of 1/3 chance of correct try on first stab you get 1/8, which is obviously inefficient.

I hope my advice was useful, have fun.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

snip

Oh no I test it the same way, first murmur first and then placed second if wrong and stuff. I just hope that the murmur revealed is the 2nd or third, it makes each stab a little more meaningful if you know the second and third with 3/4 in the first spot to test. But yea this seems like one of those where it is dependent on the person.