Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There Is A Heavy Unit Approaching

Akateko

When i hear that i sigh, cause it's not really a heavy unit. It's a silly rocket guy or the napalm dude, sure when i had a low level frame and weapons i groand cause it would take a long time to kill them.

Now they are not as surprising anymore or much of a bother, so DE ramp it up a bit.

There is a heavy unit approaching should be, "Oh crap!, a jackal" or two hyenas. Then we are talking a heavy unit, something to put your teeth into.

So please DE, be a sport and surprise me :)

When i hear that i sigh, cause it's not really a heavy unit. It's a silly rocket guy or the napalm dude, sure when i had a low level frame and weapons i groand cause it would take a long time to kill them.

Now they are not as surprising anymore or much of a bother, so DE ramp it up a bit.

There is a heavy unit approaching should be, "Oh crap!, a jackal" or two hyenas. Then we are talking a heavy unit, something to put your teeth into.

The problem is that the "surpise effect" will vanish soon or later...

in 6 months we'll be here again saying "i'm not surprised anymore by 4 hyenas coming at me"

in 6 months we'll be here again saying "i'm not surprised anymore by 4 hyenas coming at me"

That's because we're constantly given something to make things easier.

Being coupled with the fact we need to do long grinds to get what we want, and that there is so much stuff to get, people don't want things to be absurdly difficult as it will take far to many hours to get something that isn't worth that kind of time.

Say that while playing in a higher level mission, where those "silly rocket guy or napalm dude" can instantly knock you on your &#! and OHKO you with their silly little rockets and napalm throwers.

Also keep in mind not everyone that's playing this game are used to or have the equipment powerful enough to negate these guys at mid or even lower levels. People on this forum need to stop thinking about themselves and their own gear/experience, and start thinking about others that may not have played as long.

"Something's wrong. There's a heavy unit approaching."

I always thought that Lotus was referring to a squad of regular Grineer Marines when she said this, because for the first umpteenth times she said that phrase, I did not see a single heavy unit.

This is quite true, but still i'd like to see it

That's because we're constantly given something to make things easier.

Being coupled with the fact we need to do long grinds to get what we want, and that there is so much stuff to get, people don't want things to be absurdly difficult as it will take far to many hours to get something that isn't worth that kind of time.

It's typical, but as is we already have weapons and frames that can handle both jackal and hyena

Say that while playing in a higher level mission, where those "silly rocket guy or napalm dude" can instantly knock you on your &#! and OHKO you with their silly little rockets and napalm throwers.

Also keep in mind not everyone that's playing this game are used to or have the equipment powerful enough to negate these guys at mid or even lower levels. People on this forum need to stop thinking about themselves and their own gear/experience, and start thinking about others that may not have played as long.

I am well aware of that, but as you progress up the planets. You should have gained some knowledge on how to handle frame and weapons, and as many before me have pointed out.

This is a coop game, i am not saying we should have a bunch of hyenas and jackals prowling mercury,venus or mars. There are quite a lot of other planets around.

At higher levels, heavy units can one shot you.   So, if it were possible to access the higher level missions without having to go through the lower level missions, then you could have your fun with the heavy units.

At higher levels, heavy units can one shot you.   So, if it were possible to access the higher level missions without having to go through the lower level missions, then you could have your fun with the heavy units.

Been there, died many times :)

Lotus constantly states that both the jackal and hyena are trouble for tenno, yet none of us have met them in the field. Just that little room where they hide out..

Every time I hear it, I feel like the dialogue is weird. I keep imagining this:

"EVERYTHING IS WRONG! THERE ARE SO MANY HEAVY UNITS!"

Instead of making things more of a bullet sponge they need to upgrade their AI and behave much more intelligently.  A Hyena attacking, retreating to bring us into a trap of two other Hyenas would be awesome.  Ya know, pack mentality.

There should be another stalker type...perhaps call him wraith.

Instead of taking revenge for bosses like the stalker does...wraith is a frenzied enemy who does not give up a challenge and would try to attack you again and again (meaning he keeps reviving/regenerating) in between waves of mobs(and making hysterical laughing noises).

He would enter after XX number of heavy units/ancients have been killed. His level scales with time in survival mode.

His entry announcement : "Tenno, looks like you are enjoying your mission"

"I have been so bored...my lady never gives me a break"

"I can't wait anymore, let's see if your are worthy of my blade"

Or maybe Lotus could just warn the Tenno: "I sense wraith lurking about. Keep your eyes peeled"

As for his faction...keep it a mystery too

I always thought that Lotus was referring to a squad of regular Grineer Marines when she said this, because for the first umpteenth times she said that phrase, I did not see a single heavy unit.

i've always wondered why the lotus considered that to be something wrong.  always seems like something normal, for a heavy unit to approach after i've just killed 20 regular units.

"something's wrong, the grineer are on the bridge knitting scarves" would be more apt maybe.

I'm far more disappointed by the fact that the Hyena boss mission only gives us one copy to fight, instead of a "pack" as advertized by Lotus. Or that the Ambulas boss is just a Schockwave/Railgun MOA with a different dye job.

Also, the new General mechanic will probably replace the functions of heavies in the future, and I hope there's at least two different ones per faction with radically different powers, so you're forced to adapt. I'm telling you, the Grineer Commander is still  the most challenging normal mobs I have to fight. Not because he hits super hard, but because he has the ability to take away control from the player, teleporting them into far more vulnerable positions. At high levels(100+), the Napalm guys can lay down some effective areal denial, creating dynamic environmental hazard zones that can down most frames if they're not looking where they're running. If they add DoTs to that fire, it'll make things even more interesting.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom