Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not sure where to start with Zaws (got plague star parts)

Sept3var

Question

Just recently returned to game, and saw that skins can be finially used on zaws!

Thought i would finially start building one now you can change how they appear

Not sure where to start with a good zaw for nekros prime as all the guides are outdated with the melee changes, i have plague parts form plague star event.

Please can anyone recommend a decent combo of parts to use? and recomended arcanes?

3 answers to this question

Plague parts WERE used to make status builds for condition overload.   I've never used CO effectively before so I can not speak to how it faired after phase 2.   I read that they capped it at 3 status ailments which totally nerfed the damage.... but I think they raised the cap a little higher ??  No idea how it performs now.   

Crit build zaws are still very awesome.  I dont use plague parts.   There was only 1 plague strike so that limits you to only two weapon types....   For crit zaws anything works.  Its all just a question of stance, speed, damage which all basiclly averages out.   When your building there is one part that controls the amount of crit/status on your weapon.  Max crit is ok and probably best.  But the inbetween that gives bonus to both is pretty good to.  I mean combo-crit builds dont really depend on a static crit chance anyway,  it just builds and builds.   You can use plague stuff to make a crit build,  I just didnt like the strike/stance choice.   I went with nikina stance. (sepfahn)

As far as arcanes...

-contagian sounds cool but it will kill you if you use it to close to yourself.

-Force - I think is the one that deals damage to everything nearby if you inflict a status.  That one sounds pretty awesome but I dont build for that so I dont use..  This is probably what people used in plague/status builds.  

-Hunt gathers up enemies when u ground slam.  Not that helpful because it has just about the same range as what you would be killing with melee anyways.  The stupid thing should go 15-20 meters.  

-Triumph this gives your zaw a 50% chance each hit to boost your hit streak.   Makes building/maxing out your combo easier/faster.  This is absolutely mandatory for my crit zaws.  

Skins for Zaws are still a little buggy when it comes to the energy.

I use a sword skin on a Dokrahm zaw (the scythe like blade) and the sparkling energy from the Dokrahm doesn´t match the skin at all. It looks like some invisible energy blade is sticking out of the sword. Keep it in mind so you´re not disappointed.