Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Ivara Prime Jelly fish theme fits her PERFECTLY!

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

Even on a genius level. When DE designed Ivara Prime with a "Jelly fish" theme they definitely did thier homework. Even the title of this vid has Ivara theme all over it. The first min of the vid is just so perfect. 

Jelly fish robots are even being developed in the US for spying. Ivara head resembles a box jelly fish, one of the most dangerous jellys in the world. I'm not understanding why some are saying the jelly fish theme doesn't make any sense? It makes perfect sense for Ivara. Jellys are stealthy, slow, tactical and deadly. 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove

Because jellyfish aren't smart. They aren't cunning and quick. They are basically floating blobs that catch and kill prey incidentally. 

The aesthetic itself looks nice, but the jellyfish isn't what I'd think of when thinking of Ivara. They aren't hunters.

If I were to choose a venomous aquatic creature for Ivara's look, I would have went with a blue-ringed octopus. Beautiful, but incredibly toxic. Quick, stealthy, adaptable, but also fiercely intelligent. Octopuses are problem solvers, who use whatever they can to avoid notice, escape from predators, and hunt their prey.

Edited by Ikusi_Prime
  • Like 11

7 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

Nothing stealthy about a frog. 

Clearly you've never mistaken a toad for a rock until it started jumping around.

3 minutes ago, Ikusi_Prime said:

Because jellyfish aren't smart. They aren't cunning and quick. They are basically floating blobs that catch and kill prey incidentally. 

The aesthetic itself looks nice, but the jellyfish isn't what I'd think of when thinking of Ivara. They aren't hunters.

If I were to choose a venomous aquatic creature for Ivara's look, I would have went with a blue-ringed octopus. Beautiful, but incredibly toxic. Quick, stealthy, adaptable, but also fiercely intelligent. Octopuses are problem solvers, who use whatever they can to avoid notice, escape from predators, and hunt their prey.

Now that you mention it, yeah, an octopus would have been perfect. I was okay with jellyfish but now you got me wishing for that instead.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

I don't know about you, but when I hear the word huntress I don't think of a jellyfish.

They said the theme for her appearance was poisonous animals, the regular version was frog based, the prime, jellyfish

Not that hard to understand

• Like 2

Just now, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

They said the theme for her appearance was poisonous animals, the regular version was frog based, the prime, jellyfish

Not that hard to understand

It was also a reference to the practice of South American tribes lacing blowdarts and arrowheads with the poisons of the rainforest frogs. Which I think was supposed to be one of her abilities in development that was abandoned, I heard? But I don't have a source for that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ikusi_Prime said:

They aren't cunning and quick. They are basically floating blobs that catch and kill prey incidentally. 

They are described as a mysterious dangerous beauty. 

Because jellyfish aren't smart.

Niether are Warframes generally. You make them smart. 

Beautiful, but incredibly toxic. Quick, stealthy, adaptable, but also fiercely intelligent. Octopuses are problem solvers, who use whatever they can to avoid notice, escape from predators, and hunt their prey

You've just described some jelly fish. The vid was incredibly insightful as to a probability why they chose the jelly fish theme. 

10 minutes ago, (NSW)ToadBlue said:

Clearly you've never mistaken a toad for a rock until it started jumping around.

Nope can't say that I have. However I've had a jelly sneak up on me and sting the S#&$ out of me. And then disappear without trace. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

I don't know about you, but when I hear the word huntress I don't think of a jellyfish.

One of the fish I think of for huntress is the Angler Fish. Let's make Ivara beautiful like them!

So elegant and beautiful!

Ivara is moderately fast when visible, slow while stealthy, fast on ziplines. She hunts with a bow, and has meticulous precision.

Her original design referenced poison dart frogs used to lace arrows with poison for certain kills.
Ivara Prime's design references a similar theme by way of a jellyfish's cnidocytes, cells which fire spring-loaded darts in response to stimuli, delivering their toxin in as little as 700 nanoseconds. This jellyfish theme also references Ivara's somewhat unique breed of slow but enduring stealth.

Personally, I would have also been happy with a spider theme, to reference her zipline abilities, but Khora has, to some degree, commandeered that aesthetic.
And as cool as an octopus design might be, I can't quite connect it to Ivara in my mind. It moves too fast, uses mimicry more than pure stealth, and has no connection to arrows that I can find.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nomayonnaiseinireland said:

Ivara Prime's design references a similar theme by way of a jellyfish's cnidocytes, cells which fire spring-loaded darts in response to stimuli, delivering their toxin in as little as 700 nanoseconds. This jellyfish theme also references Ivara's somewhat unique breed of slow but enduring stealth.

45 minutes ago, Ikusi_Prime said:

blue-ringed octopus

41 minutes ago, (NSW)ToadBlue said:

an octopus

10 minutes ago, Nomayonnaiseinireland said:

And as cool as an octopus design might be, I can't quite connect it to Ivara in my mind. It moves too fast, uses mimicry more than pure stealth, and has no connection to arrows that I can find.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

That said, I hope some Tennogen provides alternative hooded/cowl helm I can work with for PS4 one day for her Prime variant

36 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Can't wait to see the fashion frame around ivara prime, curious how dual energy colors blend on her

Me too. Curious. Can't wait to see how @DatDarkOne designs his. 

32 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

You've just described some jelly fish. The vid was incredibly insightful as to a probability why they chose the jelly fish theme.

Jellyfish are not intelligent, nor smart, nor quick. They are drifting blobs of goo that have barely enough awareness to direct them in the general direction of animals stupid enough to swim into their toxic tendrils. They are not hunters. They are floating death traps.

2 minutes ago, Ikusi_Prime said:

Jellyfish are not intelligent, nor smart, nor quick. They are drifting blobs of goo that have barely enough awareness to direct them in the general direction of animals stupid enough to swim into their toxic tendrils. They are not hunters. They are floating death traps.

Yeah, should be the cuttlefish or octopus, some of the most intelligent creatures in the sea world. The cuttlefish has some of the most sophisticated and adaptive camouflaging abilities in the world.

Cuttlefish:

Spoiler

Edited by nslay

3 minutes ago, Ikusi_Prime said:

So what you're saying is, we need a jellyfish nuke frame.

I've played as all sorts of different themed characters across all sorts of games, from generic soldiers to the Likes of Mirage and Limbo, but I've never played as a jellyfish-themed killer. I've killed Jellyfish dragons though, and I think I'm gonna colour my Ivara Prime around one, unless I decide to go for a more generic all pink/purple style jelly loadout.

for the most part though, Obsidian Skin is still going to be my go-to. unless I feel "jelly".

2 hours ago, nslay said:

Yeah, should be the cuttlefish or octopus, some of the most intelligent creatures in the sea world. The cuttlefish has some of the most sophisticated and adaptive camouflaging abilities in the world.

Cuttlefish:

Hide contents

You got your Ivara in my Hydroid...The Portia Spider is an animal beyond the prototypical big cat/wolf theme everyone seems to be referencing without saying.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portia_(spider)

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

4 hours ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

Even on a genius level. When DE designed Ivara Prime with a "Jelly fish" theme they definitely did thier homework. Even the title of this vid has Ivara theme all over it. The first min of the vid is just so perfect. 

Jelly fish robots are even being developed in the US for spying. Ivara head resembles a box jelly fish, one of the most dangerous jellys in the world. I'm not understanding why some are saying the jelly fish theme doesn't make any sense? It makes perfect sense for Ivara. Jellys are stealthy, slow, tactical and deadly. 

It’s definitely an odd choice, but it’s perfect for Warframe. I still want to see a Cobra themed skin, though.