Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Realistically speaking, how easy would it be for DE to use other Liset skins on the Liset Prime?

Zahnrad

This is something I've been wanting long before I got my grubby hands on the Liset Prime. I've been wanting to apply other Liset skins onto the Liset Prime model somehow. Maybe instead of being a skin it can be selected as a seperate landing craft (only benefits is visual)

Here's a picture of my Liset Prime with other Lisets for comparison (I swear this isn't an excuse to flex. I just really want to use other liset skins on it)

Spoiler

zn6A39q.jpg

• Like 4

ehm, what about no? Liset Prime is just a skin as any other. I don't understand how possessors of prime exclusives always demand some kind of special treatment. Choose, either you use your prime skin and stay caged with it or use another skin. When you buy something nothing tell you it will be the most cool thing that will ever be made, skins in particolar no matter how cool they are, in the end will be outdated by something else... so manage your money considering it.

• Like 2

At absolute minimum, they'd have to alter the skins in order to fit the Liset Prime appropriately (because it has different geometry on the skinnable area of the model), create a new landing craft entry for the Liset Prime so that it can be its own, separate landing craft, and then do something with its landing craft power, because if you're going to make it a standalone landing craft, it has to do something similar to but better than what the Liset does when we use an air support charge.  They'd then also have to make an in-game way of acquiring it, because right now, the only way to get it is through RL cash, and that would not be okay if it conferred some sort of gameplay advantage.

In short, a lot of work and a lot of headaches for no real gain.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Aekhon said:

At absolute minimum, they'd have to alter the skins in order to fit the Liset Prime appropriately (because it has different geometry on the skinnable area of the model), create a new landing craft entry for the Liset Prime so that it can be its own, separate landing craft, and then do something with its landing craft power, because if you're going to make it a standalone landing craft, it has to do something similar to but better than what the Liset does when we use an air support charge.  They'd then also have to make an in-game way of acquiring it, because right now, the only way to get it is through RL cash, and that would not be okay if it conferred some sort of gameplay advantage.

In short, a lot of work and a lot of headaches for no real gain.

I see no real reason to give it a new power. Unless you wanted to color the ball gold I don't think it should have a new ability.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

I see no real reason to give it a new power. Unless you wanted to color the ball gold I don't think it should have a new ability.

You pretty much have to.  If you don't, then it's still just a Liset skin.  Besides, what Prime weapon, warframe, or sentinel doesn't do more than the original?

56 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

This is something I've been wanting long before I got my grubby hands on the Liset Prime. I've been wanting to apply other Liset skins onto the Liset Prime model somehow. Maybe instead of being a skin it can be selected as a seperate landing craft (only benefits is visual)

Here's a picture of my Liset Prime with other Lisets for comparison (I swear this isn't an excuse to flex. I just really want to use other liset skins on it)

Reveal hidden contents

zn6A39q.jpg

Are we all going to ignore the one of the left looks like someone chose to shape a liset out of gold ore and fly that? the feck is that skin?

4 minutes ago, seprent said:

Are we all going to ignore the one of the left looks like someone chose to shape a liset out of gold ore and fly that? the feck is that skin?

Not sure if it's still possible, but there was a point where you could unintentionally equip any skin onto any landing craft, even those from other landing crafts. It resulted in what you see. If they have patched it, then I'm guessing it didn't reset this guys liset, similar to how sometimes you can still see the movember moustaches on profiles despite being removed from inventories.

3 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Hide contents

zn6A39q.jpg

even though the name is blocked out is that me? Far left player? Looks like my ship, looks like my glyph and ive been playing this liset recently 😛 Can confirm to get that look on the liset it is the process you described, i believe i used the prisma mantis or prisma scimitar skin to look like this. There is some slight difference to what my ship looks like so it might not be me though.

It would be nice, but I don’t see it happening.

Liset Prime wasn’t made with a “Prime details toggle” in mind so it would likely have to be altered/remade to allow other skins to become equippable. On top of that, Liset Prime is literally an alternate skin itself so in order for skins to be applied they would likely have to make Liset Prime a separate, unique Landing Craft. Which would be completely unprecedented, since as far as I know no other Prime Access accessory (which historically have been purely cosmetic only) has ever been made into a non-cosmetic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vyra said:

What is the difference ( stats ) between Liset and Liset Prime?

Liset Prime has + 100% bling, +100% Fashionframe Strength and +10,000% E-peen size over vanilla Liset.

aside from that, none at all. same Air Support ability, same interior, same animations in loading screens and when arriving on the Tileset. as stated by others, it's a lot of work for next to no real gain to make Liset Prime anything more than a skin. besides, I'm more curious as to what Mantis prime, Scimitar Prime or Xiphos Prime would look like.

5 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Liset Prime has + 100% bling, +100% Fashionframe Strength and +10,000% E-peen size over vanilla Liset.

aside from that, none at all. same Air Support ability, same interior, same animations in loading screens and when arriving on the Tileset. as stated by others, it's a lot of work for next to no real gain to make Liset Prime anything more than a skin. besides, I'm more curious as to what Mantis prime, Scimitar Prime or Xiphos Prime would look like.

So they want a skin for a skin?

12 hours ago, mrhapps said:

even though the name is blocked out is that me? Far left player? Looks like my ship, looks like my glyph and ive been playing this liset recently 😛 Can confirm to get that look on the liset it is the process you described, i believe i used the prisma mantis or prisma scimitar skin to look like this. There is some slight difference to what my ship looks like so it might not be me though.

I checked the unedited steam screencap and it doesn't appear to be you.

6 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I'm actually curious if DE will ever do Primes for other ships. As far as I'm aware you wouldn't recieve the Landing Craft itself, since you would just be getting a skin. Meaning you might get a skin you cannot use.