Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New excalibur deluxe body color


Horactius
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just a small honest opinion of mine.

I love the excalibur deluxe skin that reb showed on her twitter and i think that it looks awesome but i can't help thinking that the navy skin through out the body look a bit too plain.

I think this could be improved with just a little more shading to highlight the body shape just like how the original concept look so I tried adding some quick shading with PS and it already feels better for me.

Original pic:

Spoiler

ELikGHUUwAAZTTe.png

Edited:

Spoiler

excal_delux_recolor.jpg

I am by no means an expert nor am i saying it is a bad. I just think that maybe it could still be improved while it is not officially released into the game.

Thank you for reading this and have a nice day/night! 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Horactius said:

I think this could be improved with just a little more shading to highlight the body shape just like how the original concept look so I tried adding some quick shading with PS and it already feels better for me.

Not trying to rain on your parade, but I’m pretty sure that the main “body” is supposed to be one flat color. In the concepts posted to his Artstation page, the color tint layout on the bottom shows the right exposed section as such, rather then being affected by the other color channels:

Spoiler

liger-inuzuka-prototype-sketches.jpg?156

I’m certain that the reason why the concept art version seems to “pop” more is simply because the artist added shading and lighting to demonstrate how the materials should appear. This can be confirmed by comparing the left and right turnarounds of the final concept art, where the left-hand one has shading applied to it while the right-hand one does not:

Spoiler

liger-inuzuka-excalibur-deluxe-final-by-

My guess is that he wanted the body to have a glossy luster to it, similar to obsidian.

Edited by ExcaliburUmbra
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ExcaliburUmbra said:

liger-inuzuka-prototype-sketches.jpg?156

Never saw this one before so thank you for sharing.

10 minutes ago, ExcaliburUmbra said:

where the left-hand one has shading applied to it while the right-hand one does not

It kinda does have a bit of shading on the right image with the hands and legs being darker than the body which is why i thought the one on screenshot look rather plain to me.

16 minutes ago, ExcaliburUmbra said:

My guess is that he wanted the body to have a glossy luster to it, similar to obsidian.

Well, the current body definitely doesn't look obsidian which would've been cooler XD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Horactius said:

It kinda does have a bit of shading on the right image with the hands and legs being darker than the body which is why i thought the one on screenshot look rather plain to me.

Yeah, there is a gradient applied (for contrast I imagine) on the right-hand one. I should have said lighting rather then shading. My point is that if you look at his shoulder area, it’s noticeably more flat in comparison.

3 minutes ago, Horactius said:

Well, the current body definitely doesn't look obsidian which would've been cooler XD

Yeah, agreed. Hopefully it’s just the lighting of that particular scene that’s making the skin look unappealing in that screenshot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...