Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Conclave Reimagined (& Potentially Still Lore-Friendly)

Somnia

To impart their experience, Teshin implores that the Tenno relive preserved memories of an Orokin-era Dax soldier
during their time spent sparring and war-gaming, their best documented surviving memories.

You'll be competing against other players as Dax soldiers. Why Dax? This limits the abilities, or class archetypes, and weapons available for PvP, which can allow for a more carefully curated competitive balance than if all manner of Warframe were allowed to compete.

[A premise idea for a new foundation upon which the Conclave can be remade, streamlined, and balanced for competition, without having to deal with the headaches and dev team strain of maintaining balance across dozens of warframes and weapon options. Whether mods would still be present/used in the Conclave is up to deeper development brainstorming and beyond the scope of this suggestion]

Edited by Scorn

11 hours ago, Scorn said:

To impart their experience, Teshin implores that the Tenno relive preserved memories of an Orokin-era Dax soldier
during their time spent sparring and war-gaming, their best documented surviving memories.

You'll be competing against other players as Dax soldiers. Why Dax? This limits the abilities, or class archetypes, and weapons available for PvP, which can allow for a more carefully curated competitive balance than if all manner of Warframe were allowed to compete.

[A premise idea for a new foundation upon which the Conclave can be remade, streamlined, and balanced for competition, without having to deal with the headaches and dev team strain of maintaining balance across dozens of warframes and weapon options. Whether mods would still be present/used in the Conclave is up to deeper development brainstorming and beyond the scope of this suggestion]

You know, I am curious. With such a well researched and thoughtful opinion, you must have a considerable time spent in conclave, right?https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/535429813851389977/654807880565915648/scornstats.PNG

Oh, I see. Good effort, OP.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

You know, I am curious. With such a well researched and thoughtful opinion, you must have a considerable time spent in conclave, right?https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/535429813851389977/654807880565915648/scornstats.PNG

Oh, I see. Good effort, OP.

Would you say you're of the view that ideas in life can only rightly come from firsthand knowledge and experience, that a person cannot use the opinions of others and symptoms around them to make something not only more attractive for those with quarrel but also oneself? That a person cannot bring insights to a game from other games they've enjoyed? You're attacking my credibility instead of my idea.

If the Conclave were in great shape as it were, it's not hard to imagine it'd be a bit more lively and significant in the community, which it isn't. Warframe isn't known for its PvP, and I'm no stranger to games with competitive PvP that have been more generally fun to play. Our resident Conclave mostly imparts stories of disappointment; why would I touch it, as it stands? Plenty of people who have quickly learned not to.

Edited by Scorn

10 minutes ago, Scorn said:

Would you say you're of the view that ideas in life can only rightly come from firsthand knowledge and experience, that a person cannot use the opinions of others and symptoms around them to make something not only more attractive for those with quarrel but also oneself? That a person cannot bring insights to a game from other games they've enjoyed?

If the Conclave were in great shape as it were, it's not hard to imagine it'd be a bit more lively and significant in the community, which it isn't. Warframe isn't known for its PvP, and I'm no stranger to games with competitive PvP that has been more generally fun to play.

I think it would be reasonable for a person to actually play something before giving feedback on it. Is that not a fair expectation?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

I think it would be reasonable for a person to actually play something before giving feedback on it. Is that not a fair expectation?

It is, but I think it would be a futile exercise here, likely to bring me back to where I already am, of the same view. I will consider it, as it can also provide avenues for more specific critiques within the existing framework.

Edited by Scorn

28 minutes ago, Scorn said:

It is, but I think it would be a futile exercise here, likely to bring me back to where I already am, of the same view. I will consider it, as it can also provide avenues for more specific critiques within the existing framework.

Feel free to join the conclave discord if you have any questions.