Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Remove Conclave Ranking From Non-Conclave Actions

WeissKreuz

but it helps recognizing leechers with bad equipment. if i start a level 100-120 alert with 1100 ranking and three bobs with 400-700 ranking join this, i leave.

there's no way in winning this all alone. experienced yesterday.

up to a certain point it is useful.

Edited by Jhakoon

I think I already saw someone saying in recruiting "hosting [somethingsomething] conclave over 1000 only" or something like that. It really serves no purpose.

Loki offers little to no conclave value, same for Kogake, and Twin Gremlins.

I am fully modded and at about 750 conclave, and it's costed many people turning me down in games.

but it helps recognizing leechers. if i start a level 100-120 alert with 1100 ranking and three bobs with 400-700 ranking join this, i leave.
there's no way in winning this all alone.

I frequently win solo with <700 conclave. What are you on?

Edited by Azure_Kyte

but it helps recognizing leechers. if i start a level 100-120 alert with 1100 ranking and three bobs with 400-700 ranking join this, i leave.

You're kidding, right? How about if that guy has an Acrid and Nova?

In all fairness, not every one uses a sentinal. And some players can be extremely effective with a low 'conclave ranking'. Some one may also be running a freshly formad..... everything. But have a beast pistol, or Primary. Players of all mastery levels are leeches. In my experience, the older players are the worst leeches. They get lazy, burnt out, tired. Easiest example is Nova. Give a Nova a bunch of worthless gear, and her Ult, and she's still useful on a well equipped team.

Aye, Conclave rating is stupid.

I've lost quite a few times to my friends, but over random gameplay, I usually win.

It's just so easy when people take you for granted, just because of a number you display.

Then again, if it's a normal mission, I never play online anyway.

Even bosses I solo for the majority.

If not, then it's with friends.

Last time I went online on an actual mission was perhaps my second boss fight, I was a level 8 or so Loki trying to take on Everest, and I didn't know how to play properly.

Unless it's defense, I always play solo.

Aye, Conclave rating is stupid.

I've lost quite a few times to my friends, but over random gameplay, I usually win.

It's just so easy when people take you for granted, just because of a number you display.

Then again, if it's a normal mission, I never play online anyway.

Even bosses I solo for the majority.

If not, then it's with friends.

Last time I went online on an actual mission was perhaps my second boss fight, I was a level 8 or so Loki trying to take on Everest, and I didn't know how to play properly.

Unless it's defense, I always play solo.

See? That's sad. You should enjoy playing more with pugs. You could. If DE listens, in time, you will again. I hope.

but it helps recognizing leechers with bad equipment. if i start a level 100-120 alert with 1100 ranking and three bobs with 400-700 ranking join this, i leave.

there's no way in winning this all alone. experienced yesterday.

It's funny how a story with Mass Effect 3 (mostly) meaningless N7 rating echoes here.

I thought it a nice way of ranking the potential strength of your squadmates. Sure, you could perform above or below it, but having some sort of baseline helps when setting up defense/survival squads and determining how long to go for (low numbers usually indicate the user is leveling up gear). However, I've seen a few Void hosts request people at a certain number or higher (at which point breaking out fully modded starting gear seems appropriate).

That way of judging how people preform is quite sad.

I can go into a match with a max frame and 1 max weapon to mow things down, while the pet/other weapons are simply because I'm too lazy to change them off. That puts me at about 600-700 concave. My most used combo is nova and swraith/acrid. Tell me again how you're planning to win it all alone.

Its a poor indication of a player's abilities.

I thought it a nice way of ranking the potential strength of your squadmates. Sure, you could perform above or below it, but having some sort of baseline helps when setting up defense/survival squads and determining how long to go for (low numbers usually indicate the user is leveling up gear). However, I've seen a few Void hosts request people at a certain number or higher (at which point breaking out fully modded starting gear seems appropriate).

Yeah, but the number is entirely subjective. It doesn't offer any meaningful assessment of a player, or a players set-up, and their ability to finish a mission. It's just an arbitrary number added up by what ever some guy decided various equipment and mods are worth. As it's been said, Nova has a disproportionately low number... it's misleading.

Not to mention half the time it displays RANDOM GEAR....

Edited by WeissKreuz

I'll keep it short. If 'PVP isn't a priority', my PVP ranking shouldn't be stamped on me in every game I join. It's a misleading number, and I can't imagine it helping a new player... At all.

whoa whoa whoa WHAT!? I love the conclave rating lets me know WHO NOT TO BRING WITH ME... I like that... Because I never know if I am bringing noobs to Void, or not... then I bring a noob, or  leacher and they hinder the hell out of the game... I like this..

but if they do remove it they need to give us some other kind of rating system... we need to know who is, and isn't worthy of coming with us... because it is truly sickening to bring people who can't help on a void mission and just die all over the place... I want to at least know they can do something... losing void, after void is irritating...

Edited by Arlayn

whoa whoa whoa WHAT!? I love the conclave rating lets me know WHO NOT TO BRING WITH ME... I like that... Because I never know if I am bringing noobs to Void, or not... then I bring a noob, or  leacher and they hinder the hell out of the game... I like this..

We covered that like, 4 posts above yours. Conclave != Equipment Strength

Conclave is an arbitrary value and doesn't take skill level or the strength of many abilities, mod combinations or ranks into account.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

but if they do remove it they need to give us some other kind of rating system... we need to know who is, and isn't worthy of coming with us... because it is truly sickening to bring people who can't help on a void mission and just die all over the place... I want to at least know they can do something... losing void, after void is irritating...

how about you look at what they have instead of looking at a number

if someone is going to pluto with an Ash, burston seer and ether dagger then you know not to take them