Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SyndriD

Tips for Empyrean and Railjack

(the text is translated there could be errors)

1. You took too much from Sea of Thieves, consider that we are in a spaceship not in a boat, Railjack seems to me too bare, it absolutely needs an energy system as before and if it is complex .. better, who ever said that driving a spaceship is easy.
  2. Replacing the repair of holes with something more suitable for a space ship, for example repartitioning the energy from damaged electrical panels, such as the energy conduit A is damaged, while it is automatically repaired, the energy can be relocated in the duct b,c etc. with the various consequences of the case
  3. Remember that there is a lot of farming in Warframe, the frantic coop system within the Railjack can be a lot of fun but, in the short period, when you do it many times to farm, it becomes stressful so I would recommend slowing it down and focusing more on involvement in a space game that is, "I am in infinite space with a combat spaceship WOW".
  4. As mentioned in point 3, attempting to make the spatial game as compelling as possible, if possible avoid the idea of instantiated zones and connect the old to the new to show the player that it is the same universe, it will be easier to immerse oneself in the Tenno role in the space.

2-4 are some fair points. However, I think for initial launch Empyrean should use a more basic command system. Then when they add the Solo functions, It can have all the super complex abilities and effects.

7 minutes ago, SyndriD said:

You took too much from Sea of Thieves, consider that we are in a spaceship not in a boat, Railjack seems to me too bare, it absolutely needs an energy system as before and if it is complex .. better, who ever said that driving a spaceship is easy.

Considering we saw two iterations of the concept and they still weren't happy, it's clear that they couldn't make it work.

9 minutes ago, SyndriD said:

Replacing the repair of holes with something more suitable for a space ship, for example repartitioning the energy from damaged electrical panels, such as the energy conduit A is damaged, while it is automatically repaired, the energy can be relocated in the duct b,c etc. with the various consequences of the case

You're aware that holes on a spaceship are vastly more dangerous than holes on a boat, right? Like, can potentially turn the entire ship inside-out from a pinprick sized fault.

9 minutes ago, SyndriD said:

Remember that there is a lot of farming in Warframe, the frantic coop system within the Railjack can be a lot of fun but, in the short period, when you do it many times to farm, it becomes stressful so I would recommend slowing it down and focusing more on involvement in a space game that is, "I am in infinite space with a combat spaceship WOW".

A free flight mode is confirmed, which will likely enable this. Plus, of course, the after-mission periods.

10 minutes ago, SyndriD said:

As mentioned in point 3, attempting to make the spatial game as compelling as possible, if possible avoid the idea of instantiated zones and connect the old to the new to show the player that it is the same universe, it will be easier to immerse oneself in the Tenno role in the space.

It's not possible.

They scraped the energy system because it made the mission go too slow, we already have a lot of roles in a railjack and it seems fine. The railjack seems bare because it will be only the initial release, you have to put in your mind that they will update it over the time with new planets, factions and systems.

6 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

You're aware that holes on a spaceship are vastly more dangerous than holes on a boat, right? Like, can potentially turn the entire ship inside-out from a pinprick sized fault.

but in fact even worse, it does not give me the idea of being in a well-constructed spaceship Tenno

11 minutes ago, Duskham said:

They scraped the energy system because it made the mission go too slow, we already have a lot of roles in a railjack and it seems fine. The railjack seems bare because it will be only the initial release, you have to put in your mind that they will update it over the time with new planets, factions and systems.

you can always change something else, instead of raising such a promising system

1 minute ago, SyndriD said:

but in fact even worse, it does not give me the idea of being in a well-constructed spaceship Tenno

It has to be well constructed because it survives it in the first place. It's like a balloon popping.

2 hours ago, Duskham said:

I don't see how having to scrounge around for crafting materials and spend time crafting them is faster. With their proposed power system 1 person could manage the whole thing and you could pull power from other systems for emergencies, They might have less free time than the engineer role does in the current system but the whole ship wouldn't have to spend time searching for crafting materials. The crafting system requires you to spend the pilots time on looking for resources before the engineer can do anything and means your only option if you run out of resources and are in trouble is to run away and look for more.

Just now, Rogunz said:

I don't see how having to scrounge around for crafting materials and spend time crafting them is faster. With their proposed power system 1 person could manage the whole thing and you could pull power from other systems for emergencies, They might have less free time than the engineer role does in the current system but the whole ship wouldn't have to spend time searching for crafting materials. The crafting system requires you to spend the pilots time on looking for resources before the engineer can do anything and means your only option if you run out of resources and are in trouble is to run away and look for more.

lol, because with the crafting system you can just put the things to craft (and each forge has a cooldown) and then you can run to do other things (shoot, use your archwing, pilot, repair the ship etc) so it is much more dynamic and fun. You dont need to spend any "pilot time" too, you can preload you railjack with resources before going on a mission AND on mission, the person who is using the archwing you pick resources passively (and even the pilot will pick it too while destroying enemy ships)