Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas doesn't need a full rework, just less energy consumption and better Crit and SC

(XBOX)KnightSlayer411

Dear Digital Extremes

So, I got my Atlas Prime and I put my Umbral Forma in it. It is good until I realized that no matter what; I can't use Petrify and Landslide consistently because of how expensive the energy consumption is.

Taking into account that Petrify and Landslide are insanely IMPORTANT to Atlas..... Well you can see the problem already.

And before you say it, YES, I am using BOTH Streamline and Fleeting Expertise combined with Hunter Adrenaline and I still can't use Petrify and Landslide how it is intended to be used..... That means spamming both abilities in synergy.

That for me is the biggest issue with him, but there's another one.

His Landslide only has a POOR 5% Critical Chance and 5% Status Chance but...... 200% Critical Damage Multiplier.

What's the point of having such a Critical Damage Multiplier without Critical Chance?

Even with a Stat Stick, you need to mod the stick for RAW damage because of how low the Critical Chance and Status Chance are and we all know how good only Raw damage is....it isn't.

So for me, Atlas would be perfect if his Petrify had a base energy cost of 25 (because currently it cost a whooping 75 energy, that for an ability which is meant to be spammed is absurd).                               

To balance things out, his Boulder Wall is the one that should have a base energy cost of 75 energy, because it is a health based wall and even though it is expensive, you can recover the energy while it stands.

Landslide should be the cheapest of all the abilities, again, because it is meant to be spammed like crazy. A base energy cost of 10 would be the optimal for it, again, it needs to be cheap in order to be usable as a reliable killing ability.

Finally the damage, Landslide at BASE should have at least a 15% Critical Chance and a 18% Status Chance. In order to be a decent scaling damage ability but not so overpowered that one punches level 160s

I would really appreciate that you take this feedback into account; mainly because Vauban and Ember already got a nice rework made to them and they were the main frames in the line, but now that they're out of the way, please tweak Atlas.

You delivered Atlas Prime without the tweaks he URGENTLY NEEDS, so I think we Atlas users would appreciate to have a bit of attention focused on our rocky boy.

On a side note, something that would make his boulders drops even better, is that if the Boulders gave energy alongside health, but based on a small percentage of the damage dealt to the petrified enemy instead of a fixed value. That way, he would scale even better and Atlas would become a rewarding punching experience.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely.

KnightSlayer411

Edited by (XB1)KnightSlayer411
Bunch of typos and a side note
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Melanholic7 said:

Super agree. even with HIGH effeciency(160) - he eats energy too fast. Maybe that fine with arcange energize,i dunno. But without its just not...comfortable and pleasure to play. 😞

Grind Hard Squad channel made a build for Atlas with Arcane Energize, and even with that, he said he wasn't able to use Petrify consistently. So yeah, YIKES

13 minutes ago, Melanholic7 said:

Super agree. even with HIGH effeciency(160) - he eats energy too fast. Maybe that fine with arcange energize,i dunno. But without its just not...comfortable and pleasure to play. 😞

As someone who has Arcane Energize, I can safely say that while it helps, it doesn't fix the energy issue.

I have to also keep Zenuric energy regen up at all times, and take occasional pauses in punching enemies, or punch enemies without petrifying first, which is a major problem.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

As someone who has Arcane Energize, I can safely say that while it helps, it doesn't fix the energy issue.

I have to also keep Zenuric energy regen up at all times, and take occasional pauses in punching enemies, or punch enemies without petrifying first, which is a major problem.

I'm a Zenurik user too but I don't even have Arcane Energize, so yeah, I have to rely on killing with my weapons instead of enjoying the frame as a whole.

• Like 1

I'm actually really surprised people are having energy issues with atlas, even with streamline and fleeting? I would consider Atlas to be my favourite frame and whilst he certainly isn't that great (only ever hit about 3 hrs in a solo survival against grineer, corpus basically hard counter him later on) I never saw energy economy as an issue with him. Energising dash is all ive ever needed.

My build for reference: Steel charge, power drift, all 3 umbral mods, 2 from the top adaptation, streamline, r3 fleeting, natural talent, stretch (no umbra forma needed for this either)

2 arcane avengers and an adarza cat to make landslides crit chance up to 125% instead of 5% and a mire stat stick with a riven, torrid with either corrosive/blast for grinerr or viral/rad for the other 2 and a rattleguts with gibber/thunderdum or splat for nullifiers.

you probably already knew all this but the only thing I can think of is you don't do enough damage so you need to punch and petrify way more than you need to thus expending too much energy, do you have body count on your stat stick to make landslide scale with the combo multi? It still does that like before just at a lower damage multiplier ( I think it caps at 3.75x damage at 12 now).I dunno I will play around with him tonight now, I don't think anything has changed with him since his prime has come out but I haven't tried to push atlas since he was primed, ive relegated him to the fun but kinda crap pile tbh.

I agree in that he doesn't need a full rework. Just half a rework. Talking about his 2 and 4 specifically. The only very niche purpose of his 2 i can see is locking either a hostage or blocking some paths with the Tectonics augment and his 4 spawns some non-scaling rocky bois that are...."there" i guess?

Rumblers just need to either scale with melee mods or be moddable themselves, they already are affected by health and armor mods so why not melee mods? another small buff could be having Rumblers give some combo build up on kills

Tectonics needs a full rework

Petrify is perfect since the removal of status immunity from frozen/petrified/glassed enemies

Landlside at worst could use some tweaks to the ragdolling so it doesnt send enemies to the moon on the uppercut, maybe a slight boost to status

Edited by TKDancer

19 hours ago, (PS4)Saint_RNG said:

I'm actually really surprised people are having energy issues with atlas, even with streamline and fleeting? I would consider Atlas to be my favourite frame and whilst he certainly isn't that great (only ever hit about 3 hrs in a solo survival against grineer, corpus basically hard counter him later on) I never saw energy economy as an issue with him. Energising dash is all ive ever needed.

My build for reference: Steel charge, power drift, all 3 umbral mods, 2 from the top adaptation, streamline, r3 fleeting, natural talent, stretch (no umbra forma needed for this either)

2 arcane avengers and an adarza cat to make landslides crit chance up to 125% instead of 5% and a mire stat stick with a riven, torrid with either corrosive/blast for grinerr or viral/rad for the other 2 and a rattleguts with gibber/thunderdum or splat for nullifiers.

you probably already knew all this but the only thing I can think of is you don't do enough damage so you need to punch and petrify way more than you need to thus expending too much energy, do you have body count on your stat stick to make landslide scale with the combo multi? It still does that like before just at a lower damage multiplier ( I think it caps at 3.75x damage at 12 now).I dunno I will play around with him tonight now, I don't think anything has changed with him since his prime has come out but I haven't tried to push atlas since he was primed, ive relegated him to the fun but kinda crap pile tbh.

Adarza boosts base crit far as I know. So yeah, not useful either, and please stop making this more difficult.

If you don't have energy issues is because you're not playing Atlas how it is intended.

Already various people with full arcane energize sets said the same as me.

Take into account that energy pizzas don't count, so if that's why you don't have energy issues, then it's irrelevant.

18 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

I agree in that he doesn't need a full rework. Just half a rework. Talking about his 2 and 4 specifically. The only very niche purpose of his 2 i can see is locking either a hostage or blocking some paths with the Tectonics augment and his 4 spawns some non-scaling rocky bois that are...."there" i guess?

Well, his 2 has an augment to create 3 walls, so that makes it more useful. His 4 tho, I don't even care about that.

It's way to difficult to have a rounder Atlas build, your either build for landslide and petrify, Rumblers or his wall.

That's the issue. Worst thing is, even if you focus your modding, you'll still have issues with energy consumption and decent scaling.

18 hours ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

I agree with all of your points, except his boulder wall does in fact need a rework, especially if it's cost will go up. 

Well, I actually don't have any ideas for it, apart from make it a wider and taller and have a base amount of walls to deploy of 2 and the augment boosting that to 4. But that's about it for me.

12 hours ago, TKDancer said:

Rumblers just need to either scale with melee mods or be moddable themselves, they already are affected by health and armor mods so why not melee mods? another small buff could be having Rumblers give some combo build up on kills

Tectonics needs a full rework

Petrify is perfect since the removal of status immunity from frozen/petrified/glassed enemies

Landlside at worst could use some tweaks to the ragdolling so it doesnt send enemies to the moon on the uppercut, maybe a slight boost to status

I never said petrify had any problems APART from excessive energy consumption

9 minutes ago, (XB1)KnightSlayer411 said:

Well, I actually don't have any ideas for it, apart from make it a wider and taller and have a base amount of walls to deploy of 2 and the augment boosting that to 4. But that's about it for me.

My thought would be just to replace it entirely, but that is the most extreme scenario. 

If left as the same ability at the same cost, the boulder should be removed. Make the ability a cylindrical wall affected by range mods. And make it transparent to us when aiming so it doesn't block our view of enemies. Holding the button (or when it's destroyed) detonates the wall outward from the cylinder doing impact damage and blast proc.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

My thought would be just to replace it entirely, but that is the most extreme scenario. 

If left as the same ability at the same cost, the boulder should be removed. Make the ability a cylindrical wall affected by range mods. And make it transparent to us when aiming so it doesn't block our view of enemies. Holding the button (or when it's destroyed) detonates the wall outward from the cylinder doing impact damage and blast proc.

That's never going to happen. That would be basically a Gara's wall with more minerals LOL

Passive- Rubble can now give energy- increased if he has full health and the rubble is granting armor

1-boosted crit and status- lowered energy cost

2-Ech- Not a big fan of the wall but it fits conceptually

3-Petrify- Rubble number dropped now increases based on your current landslide combo multiplier- since it increases to 4 and if an enemy needs a lot of bunches this means with the passive you return more energy and gain more survivability with armor and healing

4-Nope- Rumblers are not much of anybodies cup-o-tea. While they draw aggro nicely and you can keep them up with petrify spending energy on rumblers isn't effective enough as an ultimate ability-

3 concepts

1-Garden of stone- Petrify nearby enemies and turn all petrified enemies into temporary rock soldiers like sand shadows- more enemies- more aggro draw- less maintenance required

2-Fissure- Stomp the ground to open a tectonic fissure in a straight line, opening the earth for magma to spew forth- enemies are staggered and take heat procs

3-Iron Clad- Atlas draws out and manifests minerals from the earth, enhancing his abilities with the strength of iron-

Rubble grants bonus armor with a slower decay

landslide now coats your fist's in iron, altering damage weighting to slash/puncture

Wall gains bonus armor(if the wall even remains an ability)

Petrified enemies release shards of metal on shatter, hurting all other nearby enemies

Other potential changes- Landslide into staggered or cc'd enemies performs a finisher, causing you to punch several times for no extra energy cost

or

on hiting an enemy with landslide and not killing them atlas has a combo window to hold 1, performing additional punches with ramping up speed, damage, status, and crit chance

12 hours ago, NuclearCoffeePot said:

Passive- Rubble can now give energy- increased if he has full health and the rubble is granting armor

1-boosted crit and status- lowered energy cost

2-Ech- Not a big fan of the wall but it fits conceptually

3-Petrify- Rubble number dropped now increases based on your current landslide combo multiplier- since it increases to 4 and if an enemy needs a lot of bunches this means with the passive you return more energy and gain more survivability with armor and healing

4-Nope- Rumblers are not much of anybodies cup-o-tea. While they draw aggro nicely and you can keep them up with petrify spending energy on rumblers isn't effective enough as an ultimate ability-

3 concepts

1-Garden of stone- Petrify nearby enemies and turn all petrified enemies into temporary rock soldiers like sand shadows- more enemies- more aggro draw- less maintenance required

2-Fissure- Stomp the ground to open a tectonic fissure in a straight line, opening the earth for magma to spew forth- enemies are staggered and take heat procs

3-Iron Clad- Atlas draws out and manifests minerals from the earth, enhancing his abilities with the strength of iron-

Rubble grants bonus armor with a slower decay

landslide now coats your fist's in iron, altering damage weighting to slash/puncture

Wall gains bonus armor(if the wall even remains an ability)

Petrified enemies release shards of metal on shatter, hurting all other nearby enemies

Other potential changes- Landslide into staggered or cc'd enemies performs a finisher, causing you to punch several times for no extra energy cost

or

on hiting an enemy with landslide and not killing them atlas has a combo window to hold 1, performing additional punches with ramping up speed, damage, status, and crit chance

His 3 still needs its energy cost reduced. Even with rubble giving energy after being at full health, the truth is that that won't be enough if Atlas keeps consuming 75 energy per Petrify cast.

Your type of rework will only increase his Petrify use because we want more energy, but we both know that the energy that rubble gives will never be enough to sustain a 75 energy ability.

And given the fact that Atlas need his rubble to heal and that the only way to get said rubble is through petrified enemies, then we would be at the same scenario of not having energy to cast petrify in order to get full health and start getting energy from that point foward.

6 hours ago, (XB1)KnightSlayer411 said:

His 3 still needs its energy cost reduced. Even with rubble giving energy after being at full health, the truth is that that won't be enough if Atlas keeps consuming 75 energy per Petrify cast.

Your type of rework will only increase his Petrify use because we want more energy, but we both know that the energy that rubble gives will never be enough to sustain a 75 energy ability.

And given the fact that Atlas need his rubble to heal and that the only way to get said rubble is through petrified enemies, then we would be at the same scenario of not having energy to cast petrify in order to get full health and start getting energy from that point foward.

Mk- So with a base energy cost reduction on petrify and alternative ways to gain rumble with the energy regen idea- Perhaps with the increase in status and crit we can have enemies drop rubble on being status or crit procced- Amount of rubble dropped will still be increased on combo counter- this way you can harvest a lot more- 

1 hour ago, NuclearCoffeePot said:

Mk- So with a base energy cost reduction on petrify and alternative ways to gain rumble with the energy regen idea- Perhaps with the increase in status and crit we can have enemies drop rubble on being status or crit procced- Amount of rubble dropped will still be increased on combo counter- this way you can harvest a lot more- 

Or just reduce the petrify base energy cost in order to be spammable and that's it.