Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Prowess: Simply forgotten or a sign that more melee revisions are pending?

Jarriaga

After the melee revision, I was actually surprised that the following mod was left untouched:

latest?cb=20171007152959

It is a rather useless mod on it's own because:

- Drifting Contact gives a 40% bonus, a secondary combo counter bonus, and costs less mod capacity.

- The 60/60 mods, for only 2 more capacity points, have 4x the status chance on top of an elemental bonus.

- Weeping Wounds at base is 40% and scales all the way to 100% total status if your weapon has 19% base status, for only 2 extra mod capacity points.

Granted, ease of acquisition is till a factor, but those mods just bury this one so deep into the ground that it pops up on the other side of the planet.

This used to be the same problem with crit chance mods after the initial revision as they could not even dare to compete with BR. Now, they have been buffed to 2x base, and 4x for heavy attacks, which makes them work a lot better for up-front damage. Melee Prowess on the other hand is yet to see a similar treatment.

Is this a mod DE simply forgot about, willingly chose to let it suck that bad, or is it a sign of more balancing revisions to come such as making it base 120% status and 2x for heavy attacks so it can compete better with the rest?

What are your thoughts?

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

That and 80% of other mods are pretty much not worth the slot. 

They really should go through their mod list and make them viable. 

Indeed, and the melee revision seemed to be the first step. The primary and secondary damage revisions we got before did not touch mods, but this melee revision did. As such, I expected for every melee mod to be revised as a first step towards general balancing, with primary/secondary mods following later.

These mods have been a joke since... Before Parkour 2.0 at least, that's when I came in. I always thought of them as an example or a lesson, some mods are better than others and you need to find out how to get everything working the way you want. The reason I thought they were a lesson was because they were so comically beneath the standard of other mods even in a time when Status was already considered way weaker than Crit that no one could confuse them as good.

That being said, Rifle Aptitude which is the same mod for rifles is an uncommon mod so even further evidence. 

Taking it from a different angle, if they buffed one of those they would need to buff all of them and buffing the shotgun one could have major unintended consequences due to how shotgun status works, adding a 60% status chance with no element mod would allow for some shotguns that couldn't hit 100% to do so and others, like the Tigris Prime to hit it with less dilution on their slash procs, in fact, with the change to heat they could run a Viral, Heat or Corrosive heat to kill things even more dead. Strun Wraith could run Corrosive heat to obliterate enemy armor even faster and have a stacking damage effect finally.

4 minutes ago, Cloudyvisage said:

These mods have been a joke since... Before Parkour 2.0 at least, that's when I came in. I always thought of them as an example or a lesson, some mods are better than others and you need to find out how to get everything working the way you want. The reason I thought they were a lesson was because they were so comically beneath the standard of other mods even in a time when Status was already considered way weaker than Crit that no one could confuse them as good.

That being said, Rifle Aptitude which is the same mod for rifles is an uncommon mod so even further evidence. 

Taking it from a different angle, if they buffed one of those they would need to buff all of them and buffing the shotgun one could have major unintended consequences due to how shotgun status works, adding a 60% status chance with no element mod would allow for some shotguns that couldn't hit 100% to do so and others, like the Tigris Prime to hit it with less dilution on their slash procs, in fact, with the change to heat they could run a Viral, Heat or Corrosive heat to kill things even more dead. Strun Wraith could run Corrosive heat to obliterate enemy armor even faster and have a stacking damage effect finally.

Sure, at the cost of some damage don't see the shotguns being too affected honestly. 

4 minutes ago, Cloudyvisage said:

They weren't useless before Damage 2.0, when their predecessors added a stun chance (additive) against enemies on hit. They were actually pretty good mods for at least some weapons then.