Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack General Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

Empyrean: Railjack General Feedback Megathread

Please note, this thread has been locked as it has been superseded with the Railjack Revisited update. If you wish to leave feedback, please do so in one of the following:

Railjack Pacing:
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1189067-railjack-revisited-part-1-railjack-pacing-feedback-megathread/

Railjack Balance:
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1189069-railjack-revisited-part-1-railjack-balance-feedback-megathread/

Railjack Tools:
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1189071-railjack-revisited-part-1-railjack-tools-feedback-megathread/

Thank you!

Use this megathread to post all of your general feedback about using a Railjack. As a reminder, if you have any feedback about the following specific items, use the megathreads below:

Railjack Matchmaking Feedback Megathread

Railjack Mission and Difficulty Feedback Megathread

Tenno Reinforcements Feedback Megathread

Intrinsics Feedback Megathread

Economy Feedback Megathread

If you have a bug to report, or you think something may be broken, then please make sure you let us know over on the Empyrean: Bug Report Megathread, so we can see them easily and address any issues.

Please remember to keep your feedback civil, constructive and succinct. It doesn’t help us find issues or know what you enjoy if you do not explain clearly what you do or do not like, why you do or do not like it, and what you would like to see differently if you dislike a system.

Have fun, and let us know what you think!

• Like 3

IMO. Times to craft the railjack parts in rising tide need to be reduce. 12 hours, 6 times? Really? I understand it was an afterthought when rising tide came out, but how are returning players going to feel when they find out they have to wait 6 days, not even farming resources, but just WAITING? :P.

• Like 3

Concerns.

• The Materials floating in space are really hard to see \ notice.

Would be nice if instead of tiny objects like they are in standard game, instead be large supply crates which blink \ glow when ships are destroyed. 

• Very little Guidance on how to Repair \ Deal with Breaches \ Fires

You get thrown into a mission and really there is no explanation on how to repair breaches \ deal with fires. 

• Internal Ship Layout needs to be more Fluid with multiple paths to reach areas quicker

One thing is a tad frustrating is the internal ship design - its not a fluid path but more like a giant Z.

Having more paths like Service tunnels that directly go from Navigation to Cargo bay by jumping through a hole would help a lot in fluid movement throughout the ship. A few times I have gotten lost in the ship from going from point A to B. 

• Hitbox for Ships is really Wonky

Numerous times I have shot enemy ships and no damage registers, when I completely miss damage registers. 

• Like 4

Would be nice if the camera was closer to the frame / window when piloting railjacks. There is a lot of needless window-frame / ship in the frame when piloting. 

Also am i missing something or is it not possible to roll? I hate having to do weird yaw/pitch combinations instead of simply rolling the ship. 
Also a larger / customisable dead zone in the center of the piloting HUD would be nice.

Edited by _Connor

First impressions on the Railjack flight model:

1. Relative mouse control would be a great slider option to have. It's a control option in space flight sims (e.g.: Elite Dangerous) that 'pulls' the mouse position back to the center after mouse movement stops. (wherein the slider determines how long it takes before the pull begins) This makes flight easier to manage for players who don't want to constantly move their mouse back to center JUST to stop yaw/pitch movement. It will also make it easier to engage fast-moving targets and prevent overshooting

2. Another good QoL toggle to have is the ship's auto-leveling. Since we have a nearly complete 6DoF flight model, the auto-leveling of the ship becomes a bit obnoxious especially when you're completely inverted and the game spins you back (nearly at max roll speed) to the 'correct' orientation. It breaks a bit of immersion and prevents the ship from positioning in certain angles

Other than that the feel of the ship's controls are great. It's feels just like piloting a heavy freighter/capital class ship in other space sims.

• Like 2

This is an amazing update! Good job DE! Now I see that the initial Archwing support and open world maps were like preliminary technological developments leading up to this game mode. Is this right?

First observation: Railjack has boarding party, bomb, hull puncture, electrical problems only when a Tenno is on the Railjack! If you're solo and in Archwing the whole time and not in the Railjack, you are good! Intended? I hope so! I failed the first 2-3 times while attempting to experience and learn the first real mission node.

Second observation: Some resources can only be picked up by the Railjack! Why? Railjack is so tough to fly coherently! Please make it possible for Archwing to pick these things up (see screenshot).

Spoiler

BLMuH7I.jpg

Spoiler

X4m0lEX.jpg

Third observation: There is no HUD map for the environment? I can only see the Railjack floor layout! Can you add the HUD map for outside the ship? Will Railjack have an Enemy Radar or Loot Detector? Primed Ancient Ship Instinct?

Please make it possible for Helios to scan these new fast moving (and dangerous) fighters! Or have a Helios-like component on Railjack that scans these new enemies for Codex! I tried to scan them manually and they move too fast (and they are super dangerous!).

Lastly, I do not like what you did to Imperator Vandal's projectile effect and speed (I think?). It already was a projectile weapon. Now the Imperator Vandal projectiles move even slower? Am I right? It was tough to hit enemies at long range before (I was soloing Caelus, Uranus a lot! Enemies are 500m - 1km out between radio towers!). It's really hard to hit those fighters and they are not even far away! I can see the projectiles moving at a crawl...

Edited by nslay
Add another picture of special Railjack loot not being picked up in Archwing
  • Like 1

• you desperately need to remember to put actual instructions on how to use these new systems into the game instead of scouring patch notes for vague instructions ("you can build revolite on your railjack in missions," ok, from where?)
  • HUD ICONS FOR THINGS, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
  • revolite/other resources you spent on missions you lose should not stay spent, if you don't get resources to replace it.
  • soloing this feels awful on such a long ship designed with weird, winding pathways, having to run from the front to the back to fix a hull breach is not a fun experience
  • soloing just feels bad in general, enemies hit too hard and there's too many, the controls keep fighting you as you try and roll to match your target. this really should've had NPC crews included on launch
  • it feels like you have to cheese missions with archwings; leave the railjack at spawn and go alert enemies in an archwing far away from it to keep it alive. and for someone with a weapon that has EXTREMELY limited range (grattler) and an incredibly subpar archwing (odonata) its frustrating to try this strategy to get around the previous issue
  • revolite's just a bad idea. in general. maybe some sort of amped up repair ammo is fine, sure, but having to grind and craft basic ammo (from really obnoxious drop sources, too) is definitely the opposite of fun in warframe. give the omni a baseline, infinite ammo repair system and make revolite useful for fixing things faster. (also give it a tutorial of SOME sort, i have no idea what i'm doing with it and i didn't even know it was a gear item until having to look through the patch notes.)
  • have some sort of icons over ship systems that you can use that you can actually see at a distance, instead of things that are really hard to *see* what they do, like the pilot "seat" is just a pad on the floor, but the things that look like they could be tools are just decorative
  • Like 6

First of all, great job on the update, at its core railjack is really fun. That said, i have personally noticed some issues with its mechanics that are really hindering gameplay and the ability to complete missions, especially in public setting or solo where you either don't have a group or don't have a well coordinated group that is communicating over voice comms of some sorts. It is really hard to coordinate through chat as i find people don't read it and they don't really pay attention on why Cephalon Cy is communicating to the crew half the time. Also, i have noticed a lot of issues with revalite, or the shortage of it as getting the resources needed is totally random and you don't really know what targets to go for to take down for the exact resources you need, and as it so happens, a lot of the time we have been short on resources for revalite which is needed to keep the ship in working order, we were keep running out of it always resulting in failing the mission as we constantly need more of the said resources and not enough drop. As a result of all of that, 9 out of 10 times a public mission with randoms will end up failing which is really frustrating, not all of us can have a consistent well coordinated team to play with and we have to rely on randoms or doing it solo, which BTW is currently all but impossible once you start running out of resources needed for revalite you are dead. So yea, some really bad flaws here with all of this resources system where you keep have to go back and forth and rely on RNG to bless you with exact resources you need to make more revalite and not die

• Like 4

I will be very brief and sorry to be "that boy":

DE, I understand all the work you've put in Railjack, but ... it's not fun. I anticipate that you will have to make many modifications to the quality of life and gameplay. It doesn't feel good.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Awazx said:

I will be very brief and sorry to be "that boy":

DE, I understand all the work you've put in Railjack, but ... it's not fun. I anticipate that you will have to make many modifications to the quality of life and gameplay. It doesn't feel good.

Hard disagree. Except for the bugs, I think it's great. maxing out my RJ and having big space battles / boss fights sounds amazing. 

• Like 3

à l’instant, _Connor a dit :

Hard disagree. Except for the bugs, I think it's great. maxing out my RJ and having big space battles / boss fights sounds amazing. 

Wait to see the comments that will come to this forum.

• Like 3

So far the biggest criticism I have of the new railjack game mode is the cost for repairing your ship in a battle. It really seems strange that you can't just fix the stuff... I mean, it already costs time and a player has to physically be removed from the action happening all around you to fix things. That alone is a pretty big cost IMO. 

I've hit a "well I can't repair this so we lose the match" scenario in like 3/5 missions.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Ionward said:
  •  
  • soloing this feels awful on such a long ship designed with weird, winding pathways, having to run from the front to the back to fix a hull breach is not a fun experience
  • soloing just feels bad in general, enemies hit too hard and there's too many, the controls keep fighting you as you try and roll to match your target. this really should've had NPC crews included on launch
  •  

They said numerous streams the first version of Railjack is not meant to be solo'd it is released as a co-op mode and will add solo features later.

Next year they are adding a "Commander" mode where you can have NPC's fill roles. 

• Like 2

My feedback is limited as I've only run one mission but a couple of things leapt out at me right off the bat.

1.  The Omni is confusing.  It was not immediately clear why some breaches closed quickly and others took longer, or why the fire keeps burning even though the meter looks full until it just decides to be extinguished.  Tracing a breach would sometimes lay down more repair stuff and advance the meter, sometimes it wouldn't.  The UI on that could benefit from a little more clarification or explanation of any kind anywhere ever.  I worry that Warframe's reputation for not explaining things very well has become a justification to not even try to at this point.  And it not being an actual gear item but also kinda being a gear item is really weird.  I'm personally going to suggest that either it should be a full on gear item that you have to put in a slot on the gear wheel in the same way as everything else, or just have it be a contextual button prompt.  My reasoning being that I already have to go to the gear wheel in the arsenal to clear the spot where I would like it to go, so it might as well just take the slot since I'll have to go into the arsenal anyway.

2.  The aiming reticule on the pilot seat is twitchy on controller.  I might have to experiment with the aim sensitivity on it but it felt tricky to pinpoint a target that wasn't either at the edges or in the dead center of the field of view.  This might be somewhat alleviated by the aim leading indicator that I've read is buried in the gunner intrinsic.

And that'll probably be the lion's share of my general systemic feedback until next year unless I suddenly gain the ability to function in a game with other people.  You guys really weren't kidding when you said that solo play was "less than optimal" for this first release.  But that's probably more for the difficulty feedback thread.

29 minutes ago, Ionward said:

it feels like you have to cheese missions with archwings; leave the railjack at spawn and go alert enemies in an archwing far away from it to keep it alive. and for someone with a weapon that has EXTREMELY limited range (grattler) and an incredibly subpar archwing (odonata) its frustrating to try this strategy to get around the previous issue

Odonata is not subpar. Use the pocket Volt shield and you can tank even the immense crew carrier damage just fine! And you do immensely more damage with it too. Make sure it's always active. On my last attempt, I spent the entire time in Archwing with Odonata Prime (not too different to Odonata). Barely took any damage. But yeah, Imperator Vandal was painful to use (they made the projectiles seemingly slower!)... Grattler will certainly be extremely terrible to use. I wouldn't recommend short range Archguns for Railjack or even most normal Archwing missions.

I touched upon this in another feedback thread but to be more general. I believe not allowing non Railjack owners to spend Intrinsics is a huge oversight. Firstly. let us say I dont, for whatever particular reason, dont want to build a Railjack. Despite being able to join other crews I have no sense of Progression as a Crew Member. I am forced to be a Captain of my own ship before being a Crew Member of someone else's ride. This is illogical.

I dont believe this was ever communicated. Now those who did not build a Railjack because they had planned to use a friends/clans ship 100% of  the time are now punished hard for not owning one. Now they will have to spend the full Days of building and farming for a ship before they are allowed to make any form of personal progress and spend intrinsics.

This is also worrying down the line. Lets say Railjackless players get carried through the star chart via their clan or friends. This makes Forming a party at anything higher than Earth a real dilema. You have to consider "what if the players i get are all rank 0 and cant spend their points?" Now of course thats always a risk you run, but now its more than ever. Cooperation is Key for Railjack Content! When your Crew Members CANT be a role and cant contribute because they are missing massive bonuses, like sealing hulls in a second. and are severely hindered in everything they do, you run the real risk of failing the mission and losing all the spent resources for no other reason then: The Game didnt allow me to improve.

Needless to say the only change you must bring is to Allow ALL players who have access to a Dry Dock be able to spend Intrinsics.

• Like 2

It's a good content really, but.

*Solo experience: it's not fun at all, when you need to repair and expel boarding parties repeatedly is a very short period of time.

*Few to no instructions at all in most content.

*Should include command skills and able to get NPC crew for the ship before lunch the update.

I'll just wait next year before touching this update, it's premature as of now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sulferon said:

Why would you make expendable materials?! Half of the resources are not even farmable! They don't drop on Railjack missions the they are needed!

What are you talking about?

All of the resources railjack uses are farmable in railjack missions.

• Like 3