The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack General Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is a broad post that touches on something that appears throughout the 40 pages here. Simplified sentiment:  'Avionics Capacity limitations are too punishing'. This week's Hotfix will speak specifically to that with global buffs for all Reactor types found in the wild. Any existing gear you have will simply be re-rolled for Avionics capacity, which will automatically be a buff in all cases (note: the Vidar III which has just compressed its top-end entirely to not have the 30-100 range, it's now 90-100, but it will not give you lower rolls if you had one in the 90-100 range before this change). 

The coming number changes:

- Lavan Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 20 to 30 (from 10 to 20)
- Lavan Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 50 to 60 (from 10 to 40)
- Lavan Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 80 to 90 (from 20 to 70)
- Vidar Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 30 to 40 (from 10 to 25)
- Vidar Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 60 to 70 (from 20 to 50)
- Vidar Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 90 to 100 (from 30 to 100)
- Zetki Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 10 to 20 (from 5 to 10)
- Zetki Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 40 to 50 (from 5 to 30)
- Zetki Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 70 to 80 (from 10 to 50)

Just dropping this note here so folks are prepared for this specific change as we work on more major fixes and changes! 

Aw man, now that Vidar Mk 3 I scrapped is just gone for nothing. Sigh, still, this looks good. Anyone looking at the controller and Steam controller bugs? I want to be able to use my tactical menu from the pilot seat without having to exit and re enter every time I want the game to go back to normal controls rather than menu controls. 

This is a broad post that touches on something that appears throughout the 40 pages here. Simplified sentiment:  'Avionics Capacity limitations are too punishing'. This week's Hotfix will speak specifically to that with global buffs for all Reactor types found in the wild. Any existing gear you have will simply be re-rolled for Avionics capacity, which will automatically be a buff in all cases (note: the Vidar III which has just compressed its top-end entirely to not have the 30-100 range, it's now 90-100, but it will not give you lower rolls if you had one in the 90-100 range before this change). 

Just dropping this note here so folks are prepared for this specific change as we work on more major fixes and changes! 

oscars applause GIF

Now, will you do something about the weak battle avionics? Fiery Phoenix deals miniscule damage and the visual is too disruptive, shatter burst only tickles them, and countermeasure is a bit redundant, and tether is bugged.

2 hours ago, grindbert said:

why would i care for a zetki reactor? can they have the maximum of +100? not according to rebecca. 

why the hell would i accept anything else than maximum? 

Because 20+ energy will significantly increase your effectiveness, which increases your mission speed, which decreases the amount of time it takes to farm a 90 to 100 one. Avionics play a huge roll in how successful you are in missions.

This is just perfect. I knew it would be a good idea to hold onto that one and only Vidar MK III Reactor to ever drop for me, even though it had lower capacity than Sigma. 😄

so all the other that simply scrapped Vidars to keep the scrap capacity low enough are simply left with some lousy diracs in hand? (that have little to no use after you capped the railjack)

7 minutes ago, Beast85 said:

so all the other that simply scrapped Vidars to keep the scrap capacity low enough are simply left with some lousy diracs in hand? (that have little to no use after you capped the railjack)

I mean, its never a guarantee, but those of us who gave it some forethought all saved extra rx's.I made sure to keep 1x of each type on-hand in case DE ever caved to the significant feedback about RNG.

(Also to note, I had my Vidmar 97/80 before I started collecting 'trophy' wreckage just in case.)

1 minute ago, zehne said:

I mean, its never a guarantee, but those of us who gave it some forethought all saved extra rx's.I made sure to keep 1x of each type on-hand in case DE ever caved to the significant feedback about RNG.

(Also to note, I had my Vidmar 97/80 before I started collecting 'trophy' wreckage just in case.)

I kept several. 3x 80+ Vidar, hoping to give away to clan members once, and if, it is tradable.

I also kept a Zekti with 11 avionics space and 300 flux. If they aren't going to re-roll the Flux values, this one is going to be interesting ..

What about Tenebrous Ephemera ? I finished over 300 runs on sentient ships. Through these run's I found only 3 rare container (all captura scenes). Can you increase the chances of the container appearing a little bit?

Edited by MADSIU
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

when are shields and engines getting the same treatment?

vor einer Stunde schrieb ThatRoomba:

Fortune favors the prepared. It literally happened with weapons just a week ago.

Did you really think things would not get changed? Did you really need the wreckage space?

Not when we were at the 30 pcs limit after 2 missions 😉 And why should I kept a Vidar Mk3 with 12 Avionics back then?

As long as the current stats wont be worse. I fear the reroll would change my RNG bonus, or my flux to a low value... I was really hoping that we can spend some absurd amount of dirac to reroll our reactors. Currently it's a dead currency that poses a good opportunity to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

5 minutes ago, MADSIU said:

What about Tenebrous Ephemera ? I finished over 300 runs on sentient ships. Through these run's I found only 3 rare container (all captura scenes). Can you increase the chances of the container appearing a little bit?

and that's the problem, that's insane, not you trying to get it but the chance, is way too much, even for DE standards, if they are in a room brainstorming guessing why players are leaving, maybe they should consider what made warframe a cool, fun and interesting game, that said, they had fine mechanics in this game, and they stripped it off to insert rng over rng.
I love Railjack but this new weapons system is trash compared to the old weapon+mod

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MobyTheDuck said:

Just remove the RNG stats, thats not hard.

gonna have to downvote you there bud. I feel like the RNG does in fact make your railjack feel less generic and more "your" railjack. The problem was always the range being too diverse, making the items feel either "your" reactor vs "225" dirac

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DogsConkers said:

So my 90 Vidar is going from being one of the best currently in the game to the worst roll possible! RIP all the farming to get it. Ah well such is the life of a beta tester 🙂

Reread what Reb said, anything you have is getting rerolled in the new range and if you happen to roll under what you already have it won't go any lower.

Which mean's you'll probably get an improvement.

20 minutes ago, Descent-of-Damocles said:

gonna have to downvote you there bud. I feel like the RNG does in fact make your railjack feel less generic and more "your" railjack. The problem was always the range being too diverse, making the items feel either "your" reactor vs "225" dirac

RNG stats dont make your ship any more unique than anyone's else. RNG have no place in equipment. This is not Path of Exile or Diablo.

Shields and Engines having random stats its the same as if Warframe parts had "+15% shields" or "+.50 move speed" tied to them.
Reactors having RNG stats is the same as if using a Catalyst or a Reactor gave from +1 to +30 mod capacity to your stuff, that also controlled your base energy.
Turrets having RNG stats is the same as if a weapon blueprint had a "+10% firerate" or "+40% damage" on them.

RNG rolls should stop at Rivens. Lich weapons only had RNG stats so people would keep hunting them, otherwise any sane player would stop at one or two, because its a terrible, boring and broken chore of an unfinished mechanic.

Edited by MobyTheDuck
  • Like 6

Since I'm here, and nobody is ever going to read this either, I would like to point out a few design issues with easy fixes:

1. that the Seeker Volley is capped at MK1 level of performance and should scale with your equipped armament.
  2. Dome gun pretty much requires a 5th person, and the pilot can't seem to trigger it despite it facing the same direction, breaking the flow of gameplay. Pilot should get the option to use it similarly to an Ultimate. There really shouldn't be a dedicated seat that can only fire it. It did look cool in the Tennocon demo, but you guys cheated with a stationary target.
  3. Side gunners shouldn't be able to use the battle avionics. Really annoying to have people be touching your radio. Armaments are fine though
  4. Rank 10 Pilot does 2000 dmg... great except touching the railjack's hitbox already instant kills fighter, can we boost the recharge rate instead?
  5. Drifting perks (Gunner 9), are unusable because at the speed you're going, you can hit anything. They really should be active all the time for being a rank 9 ability
  6. Rank 5 Pilot's dashing effect often makes players overshoot their desired destination and cannot be opted out of. Maybe turn this to boost speed multilpier? Seems the engine numbers barely affect boost speed at the moment
  7. Rank 10 Tactical still makes no sense as you really dont need to teleport anywhere that someone is already at. Maybe useful when playing sentient cache split farm, but I dont believe this is the intended design. Maybe an option to generate checkpoints on a mission would be nice, like place a marker where you can spawn separately from omni.
  8. Gunner 10 should just be outright aim lock. Everyone with a programmable mouse already has a macro for it, and it's already not very accurate either. It doesnt work with hitscan weapons at all either.
  9. Any movement from the pilot seat "WASD" would interfere with projectiles offsetting to the opposite direction. This is good for the Gunner 10 Macro Aimlock as you use it to offset the inaccuracy, but I don't believe either "features" are intended.
Edited by Descent-of-Damocles
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for these welcome changes.

However, why do we still continue on this trend of releasing content with improper content pacing on launch only to undermine and sometimes trivialize it later? Not everyone kept a Vidar Reactor with a low Avionics capacity roll with a limited inventory of just 30 wreckage capacity. This terrible trend of releasing half-baked content pacing has happened to every ... single ... major update of 2019. It's become such a consistent trend it can be predicted at this point. It's been 33 days now since Empyrean has launched to PC. I understand nothing can release with close to perfection in terms what feels right for grind in this game, but was this not considered since TennoCon 2018 up to now? Was Riven Mods feedback considered when introducing wreckage in the state it was in for the last month?

How long will we have to wait for the Sentient Anomaly rare container rewards to be easier too? Will Intrinsics become easy like Focus as well? I know Intrinsics  for sure will only get easier to obtain over time because I have been around since Focus was added in 2015. We had no cap, stealth and Draco were overpowered for Affinity, people progressed too far way too fast, and we were slowed down. Months and years later, the Focus grind is then withered down substantially. This sounds way too similar to how Intrinsics have gone so far, and I presume the same pattern will repeat itself. There is also another pattern between the Acolytes (before "Unidentified Item" tags) and the Sentient Anomaly farming strategy. Both Acolytes and Sentient Anomalies are time limited "events". Both Acolytes and Sentient Anomalies have goods behind RNG. Both occasions included this farming method of aborting when the good loot doesn't drop. So why fix Acolytes 4 years ago but launch the Sentient Anomaly prone to the same abuse?

I ask all these questions as a passionate player who wants to feel good about future updates and hotfixes, not cursing myself for spending time on the launch of an update only to be burned later. I understand this comment is quite negative towards these changes that are going to be a large buff for most players, but I just want to point out the fact this has happened throughout all of last year and continues into 2020. I imagine at this point it is designed to be this way, but it just doesn't feel right to be handed this little polish on arguably one of the most important parts of gameplay.

Totally agreed with you mate. I hope we will get what we have promised as railjack content cause this is not they have been showned to use for nearly 1.5 years

50 minutes ago, Cash4Cookies said:

when are shields and engines getting the same treatment?

I did some math elsewhere regarding engine viability. I'd like to share my thoughts here:

(Optimal roll speed/boost calculations)

Lavan = 457 x 2.6 (150 + 307)  (.6 + 2.0)
Vidar = 607 x 2.2 (300 + 307)  (.2 + 2.0)
Zekti = 507 x 2.3  (200 + 307)  (.3 + 2.0)

Adjusted for Lavan Avionics values:

Lavan: 572.621 x 3.6296 = 2078.4
Vidar : 760.571 x 3.0712 = 2335.9
Zetki: 635.271 x 3.2108 = 2039.7

So Vidar can potentially be roughly 11% faster than its next-leading competitor under an optimal roll while boosting. However, the Lavan perk +20% Engine Speed while shields are down results in the following values under an optimal roll: 2494.1 -- which is peanuts, really.

HOWEVER: 

The Vidar engines "+50% boost speed while shield depleted", on the most optimal roll with a Lavan avionic, would raise the boost to 4.6068 and altogether raise speed to 3503.8.

3503.8!!

Also, Flow Burn (tactical avionic): 30% speed increase (max), 240 cooldown (x 0.6 = 144 sec), 13 Avionics drain. A mere 10 seconds of 30% increased speed once every two-and-a-half minutes at a whopping 13 Avionics drain just feels insulting given the sheer opportunity cost. This can only ever be viable if speed is the only metric you're building for, and even then the perk is short-lived. On a min-maxed Vidar while benefiting from the "depleted" buff above, it can result in a whopping 4554.94 maximum speed for the split second your shields are down.

Edited by Exodess

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Any existing gear you have will simply be re-rolled for Avionics capacity[...]

Could we get a clarification on what reactors this applies to exactly?

I mean, only built / repaired reactors, or will the stats be re-rolled on our owned reactor wreckage as well?

Edited by Aldrr

Isn't that TOO MUCH less RNG? Smth around 25 range capacity would fit very well. We already have a lot of resources changes: x2 chances for MK 3 parts as mission rewards, 80% return from scraping, x2 Asterite drops, 750 Titanium as reward from mission, etc. No point in building MK 1 - 2 weapons / components at all. Also, maybe mix in some of our usual resources? Such as Alloy Plates, Orokin Cores, Rubedo?

Edited by Muxailo

apoc weapon family needs increased range, desperately. they're the only ones still sitting at 500-1000, and being the only RJ armaments that deal particle damage is absolutely not a worthwhile tradeoff for that. i would suggest tripling it, 1500-3000 puts it at slightly less than carcinnox as a balance for its significantly increased power

8e4f1d76cf09c82c343cceb34722cc68ad077263

comparison with cryophon. fix please

Edited by spiralmenace