Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack General Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

There's a distinct bug, that when you board crewship, all the mods on your weapons are disabled. Warframes don't suffer from this, and the bug doesn't persist between different ships, but it's still annoying as hell.

Also - please get rid of operator lockout. Please.

Soooo. We are seemingly doing less damage then the basic fighters do to us, we can take less damage then the basic fighters and we are slower then the basic fighters. Our weapons are basically not just inaccurate, but slow and RNG based when it comes to hitting because hitscan is bad and not fun and players hate it and we really love that pratically anything can outrun not just us, but our bullets, too /sarc.  Melee, don't even think about it. Who ever thought this was designed and balanced well, sorry, has no business being a game developer 😕

Personally im a really big fan of the dodging behavior of the enemy fighters, it just works super well in leading you far far away from the battle if you try to stay on some mook's 6. Feels really good to be wasting approximately the weight of the enemy fighter in lead on one enemy and then having a long way back into the fray. Where I get instantly shredded if I was dumb enough not to be equipped with Amesha, by the way, because only an Invincibility ability seems to be enough to survive against the barrages sent out against you, at least for me. 

The ridiculous  amount of resources you need for upgrades aside, having to use said resources to keep yourself afloat is also simply bad and anti-fun design, as everything you do cuts into your payout, and you know that every step you take you loose wealth. Not to mention the way you simply die because your ship is made of paper and the stuff you need to repair may simply not drop, because everything is way to expensive while you are again stingy with the drops, DE. 
If you try to "stretch" this content as far as possible, you are doing it wrong. Oh so wrong. Your idea is well, and the mode is "fun" in principle, but your math is WAY off on the resources and your view of players psychology and (justified) expectations is either wrong or actively hostile towards said players.

I love this game, I seriously do, but you have take SO many steps away from good developing and towards pure dumb grind, away from listening to the playerbase and towards echo-chambering... it just fills me with sorrow and fear for the future of the game. This at the moment is not something I would enjoy putting more money into.

• Like 2

So far, problems are:

Punishing players for being unlucky. If players failed to collect materials for repair, the mission will fail sooner or later.

collecting materials spend a lot longer than completing objectives, repaires of tier III cost too much material (can reach 15000 on a single material). This is actually forcing people to buy the repaire drone (50P each)

MODs for Railjack didn't show which has been installed.

Railjack is too fragile or, enemies are dealing too much damage.

Pre-aiming crosshair for turts are too small to follow, especially when there are loads of fighters out there.

There should be some auto AA guns on Railjack.

Turts' projectiles should have some level of tracing.

• Like 1

Resource gathering is a big problem in Railjack. The best method being tediously farming rocks in Archwing is very bad since it puts emphasis on the least fun part of the system. This is made worse by absurd prices on repair. People will burn out on this pretty fast.

Railjack desperately needs a "loot" mission that doesn't require you to fly all over the place.

I propose some kind of convoy raid. Make it tough and the higher in level you go the more ships/trailers are in said convoy to blow up and loot for a good chunk of resources.

In the meantime however reduce the costs on repair or increase drops. Right now it feels like you need to grind the hell out of missions you cannot comfortably beat (inviting all sort of cheese) just to get resources to beat them at which point the cost will go up again with the next rank of missions.

Also, reiljack feels like it should have about 1k extra non-scaling hp/shield. Kinda like Warframes have with their base hp and then their levelup hp. As it is it really reminds me of back in the day when mod update just hit and all frames were suddenly squishy as hell.

Edited by LocoWithGun

I keep seeing people asking to block being able to refine until after the mission and out of combat. That is no good. Once you get 200 of one of the 4 resources, further drops are wasted.

Instead during the mission the minimum resources needed to be refined is 100. Hit refine, Has 83 Pustiles? Still have 83. You have 200 Pustiles, it drops to 100. So you will have them on hand during the fight. After the mission and not in combat Refining will work like it does now.

Also. The Railjack mods, another name I know but they're mods, you can't tell which ones you personally have equipped. Not a sign... I've recycled worn mods twice by mistake. Mods that are equipped should not show up with the other mods. They should have their own tab "Equipped to Railjack" and only show up there.

Last but not least, Resources found inside the railjack, the Grineer carriers and inside the Objective base should also be shared with the whole group. Frustrating on some missions after it's over to find the base chock full of resources is LOCKED. p..q

This update should've just been called Archwing 2.0, because playing it that way is way more fun than actually using the big, slow, clunky ship. I love the seamless nature of this game mode. You select a mission, jump out of your ship, fly to an enemy ship in archwing while blowing up some fighters along the way, jump in, run around shooting and looting, jump out again, fly back to your ship, select another mission, etc., etc. I love that there are no loading screens anywhere in that process, it's all very seamless and immersive, that's very impressive. The only problem is the railjack itself, which is just a burden that you have to babysit. It should've just been the Liset, going into void cloak the moment you jump out of it, effectively disappearing from the mission until you need to return to it.

Edited by SordidDreams

The way archwing weapons work while moving is very off-putting. No physics to it; it fires relative to your position as if you are standing still. A bizzarre project delay - you move and as you fire projectiles come from the corner of the screen. Firing your turrets in the railjack is completely different so the code must be there to fix this crap.

Can we get a Railjack skin that has windows/optics corresponding with the existence and distance proportions of the interior layout windows/screens, and at the very least a matching door corresponding to the forge/cargo bay door at the Railjack's aft? 

Having a cargo door by the forge with no presence on the exterior of the ship is troubling. [Non-Euclidean geometry intensifies]

This is a request for a skin that acknowledges these interior architectural design features; the game space window projections themselves don't need to actually line up. That's another, more technical topic.

Edited by Scorn

-Hotkey for omni tool. 

-Move scrap (25dirac) icon away from instant repair. might accidentaly scrap equipment thinking it cost 25 dirac to fix.

)Make it able to drag and move avionic like regular mod.

-add Move scale and seperate the colour of ship name. 

-increase aw vacuum. 

Edited by Avynire

Piloting boarded ships is much more enjoyable than piloting my railjack. At this point I invested a few points to make my railjack faster, so I can run it out of aggro range as soon as the mission starts. It's basically made of tissue paper. It's pretty sad that the most efficient method of playing railjack is not to use the railjack at all.

How about fixing the overheat rate on the non-stock Railjack armaments? 30 heat accumulation at 12 shots a second means I get 2.7 WHOLE SECONDS OF FIRE before my guns overheat. I shouldn't need a mod or a specific intrinsic on my railjack just to use an upgraded gun.

Edited by Horonelius
  • Like 2

list of bugs and issues I've found so far over nonstop playing:

- Resources rewards don't seem to be affected by resource booster at least while on railjack. (while boarding base or ship it seems to work, but rewards collected aboard the RJ don't get multiplied by resource booster)

- last mission on Saturn bugs the host and crashes the game, happens unreliably.

- playing any amount of time on RJ missions don't seem to count towards warframes used %. Example: I was using limbo which was my least used prime, played for about 3 hours on RJ, when I reloged later it was still my least used frame.

Not bugs but suggestions/complaints 

- Resource cost of new equipment seems absurdly high, on top of that you also need to repair for 12 hours which is insane. It would make more sense to:
A) lower repair time to 1 hour per rank (3 hours for mk3, 1 hour for mk1.) and cut resources down by at the very least 60%.
B) Remove repair time completely, lower resource requirements by 20%

-Starting a repair on a weapon can't be canceled. Considering how much RNG is involved on these, chances are that if you're actively playing you will get a better item before it finishes crafting. Case in point, happened to me and several clan members.

-Difficulty is fine, don't listen to people complaining about it being too hard.

We are having a lot of fun with this update, but many bugs are plaguing our game play. Here are a few of mine.

Rendering fails and creates black spots when in turrets. BC8483EF9C2954AB478E77AD42F52CC7FCDD63B6

Syadana (Uru Prime) often gets pulled upwards blocking your target view while on turrets. 29C9E9CE13556B3E61E9D1A38B691D5AC7D6E1EA

The inside of the Railjack fails to load. 6D544E7DC55A00DECD580A562AD15BE09303AF19

Using the operator on turret, then using transferance, will reset you to when you left your warframe (for me it was 8000m away) and when teleporting back to the railjack with the omni tool, you will get stuck in the remote camera view. This screen shot shows what happened when I switched back to the operator again. I was stuck in the floor. 310E537F0056D471609802DFDEC03B2E4A06DDD7

Not shown (did not grab a screenshot): Using the Main gun from Bridge will often put the camera view behind the pilot instead of the viewing window below.

Edited by Eienlanzer
Spelling, etc

you need thousands of resources to repair upgrades yet you also burn through those same resources in-mission to make revolite. how did no one stop and say "this is a bad idea"?
remove the resource cost for fixing breaches etc. just make it more of a mini game.
the whole "refine resources" thing is bad. all it is is potential to screw over forgetful or unsuspecting players. it's especially infuriating when you finish the mission, refine, then mission progress resets due to migration and you die because you now have no resources to repair with.

I really would like to see some quality of life changes to "smoothen" the Railjack gameplay.

• Give the Crewships a unique "frame" that is different from other fighters. In a mass bulk of enemies its hard to spot them now but because of them being priority targets, that would be very helpful.
  • Please allow us to mark enemies with the classic waypointing.
  • After having destroyed a crewship's core, please disable the crewships ability to fire. I often leave the ships after having destroyed them only to be shot down by the very same ship I just left.

Mystry's Magical Manifest of Malodorous Meandering Musings

1. Railjack wreckage costs FAR too much to repair. Halve the resource cost at a MINIMUM, preferably 1/4th of what it is now.

2. Add a way for solo players to leave after objectives are done and complete the mission and not lose everything.

3. Vastly increase baseline armor and shields of Railjacks.

4. Remove the instant repair bot thing.

5. Vastly decrease the amount of damage that fighters and CRUISE SHIPS ESPECIALLY do to Archwing.

6. Make vacuum map-wide for the Railjack.

7. Automatically REFINE everything when leaving a mission, then add that to rewards.

8. Require Mastery 12-15 to start or join Railjack missions. I've seen way too many extremely low level players who have no clue how to play the base game let alone Railjack competently. Yes, I know MR is not an indication of skill, but it is an indication that you've spent a fair amount of time in the game and so I can expect you to grasp the fundamentals of how the weapon and gear wheels work. So far I've encountered 20 people who don't know that Q brings up a gear wheel with the Omni.

9. Add an in-flight tutorial where Cephalon Cy takes the Tenno through basic operations. You can put it next to the Free Flight mission. In particular, make it cover HOW TO USE THE OMNI and HOW YOU HAVE TO LEAVE THE RAILJACK AND BOARD CRUISE SHIPS TO DESTROY THEM VIA REACTOR BLOWUP.

10. Stop forcing us to blow the reactor to destroy the cruise ship. They already have a lot of HP and armor, just let them blow up if we get them to 0 HP normally.

That's all I can think of for now.

• Like 1

First, let me state that I am having a lot of fun with the new system (even though it's incomplete)!  I like a lot of the ideas that are in here and I am excited to see the finished product with more mission nodes and squad link.  That said, of course there are issues with how it is now that I would like to see resolved.

Railjack Customization UI Feedback:

When scrapping avionics, we need to be able to see more than just what that avionic does.  We also need to see how much it costs to slot and how many upgrade points it can have.  An avionic with +18% to shield strength and one upgrade point is crappier than an avionic with +12% to shield strength and four upgrade points, for instance, but I wouldn't be able to tell that from the scrapping UI alone.

Gunnery Feedback:

I like a lot of the way the gunnery emplacements feel (once you hit rank 2 in Intrinsics, that is), but any boosting/drifting by the pilot will throw the lead indicator off by quite a bit.  I haven't hit rank 10 yet, but I can already guess that the turret snapping to the lead indicator is not going to be much help when the lead indicator is as off as it currently is, especially if the pilot needs to boost/drift to reduce incoming damage.  Also, some turrets build heat ridiculously fast.  I don't know which ones because I can't see what equipment a host's ship has.

Engineering Feedback:

Hazards such as fires, electrical shorts, minor hull ruptures, etc. happen way too frequently, but are too easily ignored (aren't severe enough).  It gives the impression that the Railjack's armor is made of tissue paper, since these events start happening pretty much the instant your shields go down, but that it was built with a bunch of redundant systems so that having a bunch of fires, hull breaches and electrical shorts don't really matter.  Make these less frequent, but more severe so that they actually warrant attention.  What's more, half the time, boarders take damage and get stun-locked from the faults they cause, so it's yet another reason not to fix these things.  Most importantly, though:  get rid of Regolite.  Omni-tools should not require ammunition, and it doesn't really add anything to the gameplay.  Also, please add auto-refine whenever a Railjack returns to drydock after running missions.  I can't count the number of resources lost because nobody remembered to do this (or the captain just didn't say he/she was about to return to drydock).

Piloting Feedback:

Most of what I would say here would be better off under the Intrinsics feedback thread.

General Combat Feedback:

Overall, I would say the difficulty of combat needs to be toned down, assuming that this is meant to be enjoyed by everyone and not just high level players.  Right now, I would consider Railjack to be on the high end of Sortie level difficulty.  Players who have just received their archwing are going to be too weak to be any good in Railjack content; even over Earth.  Even if they're on a turret or in the pilot's seat, a boarder could easily kill them, and leaving the Railjack would be suicide.

Railjacks need an across the board buff:  turret damage, hull HP, armor strength, and shield strength all need buffed.  I thought these things were supposed to be super-powerful, state-of-the-art warships.  Cause they ain't.

Crew ships need an across the board nerf:  armor strength and turret damage both need massive nerfs.  50% is not enough; we're talking 85%, minimum.  It should not require artillery or infiltration to take one of these down in a timely fashion, and it currently does.  Additionally, I've seen crew ships that still shoot and launch ramsleds at the Railjack even though the entire crew (including pilot and gunner) has been killed.  I'm hoping that's a bug, but if not, it needs to stop because it makes no sense.  Finally, there needs to be a more persistent indicator for crew ships that are not necessarily under Tenno control, but have a Tenno on-board.  I recently slingshot myself onto a crew ship that already had a Tenno on it because there was no on-screen indicator that anybody was there.

Boarders/Grineer ship crew scale up way too fast:  by the time you're done with Saturn, you're already facing lvl 80+ boarders and ship crew.  That's way too high.

Archwing Slingshot can get you killed:  due to a bug, the only way I can currently infiltrate crew ships as a client is by using the archwing slingshot.  However, there needs to be a brief period of invincibility when you land.  In all the Saturn missions, the instant I have control of my character back, he's already downed because there were 5 Grineer soldiers just sitting there waiting for him.

Customization Feedback:

When coloring the hull of my Railjack, black shades barely register as a solid gray, whereas whites come in as bright white.  Please make the black hull colors darker.

Interior Feedback:

There's no ramp up to the top deck of the ship where the archwing slingshot is.  Seriously, that thing we run up is not a ramp; it's part of the reactor.  Yes, we can just bullet jump up there, but it's immersion breaking.

• Like 1

Drops from ships need to automatically be picked up preferably, if not they need to be marked. They're insanely difficult to see, especially with certain skyboxes such as Saturn's. There is no telling how much loot I've left behind because I had no idea it was there.

The vacuum buff was nice, but needs to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger. Especially on AW. We need a lot of loot to upgrade things, but its severely hindered right now. We can barely see the drops, and it takes way too long to fly to them and grab them. Considering we need them to forge things, this is a bit of a bigger issue.

Also the removal of hitscan on AW weapons... I can understand why it happened... Imperator and Phaedra and Velocitus would just make the others obsolete. However its super difficult to even hit the enemy now. At most we can spray and pray while trying to lead our targets, but in practice its not very effective. AW weapons need to be looked at overall.

EDIT: Oh, and the cap on the magic foam, munitions, and the rest are too low. Specifically the foam. We should be able to have 1000 foam ready to go before we start the mission. Let us stockpile

Also the whole 200 limit on the forge is very low. Most people are unaware of the refine feature.

Edited by SECURATYYY
  • Like 2

Honestly, Railjacks feel like they need to have more players during the mission. Personally, I would like to see the player cap bumped up to 8 players, like old Raids.

Pilot - 1

Gunners - 2

Engineers/Refiners - 2 or more

Away Teams - 2 or more (seriously because buddy doors are a thing in these missions sometimes)

This would feel a LOT better and trust me everyone would be playing a part. Ive seen a lot of feedback on stress and difficulty, and I think this would help immensely with that.

• Like 5

Please shorten the animation for jumping in and out of Railjack turrets. It's so long it's obnoxious, and I'm pretty sure the length even causes bugs: hosts with less-than-optimal ping can actually cause you to get stuck in the animation (i.e. pressing X to dismount the turret can cause you to immediately jump back in the turret)

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, DariusMcSwag said:

Honestly, Railjacks feel like they need to have more players during the mission. Personally, I would like to see the player cap bumped up to 8 players, like old Raids.

Pilot - 1

Gunners - 2

Engineers/Refiners - 2 or more

Away Teams - 2 or more (seriously because buddy doors are a thing in these missions sometimes)

This would feel a LOT better and trust me everyone would be playing a part. Ive seen a lot of feedback on stress and difficulty, and I think this would help immensely with that.

I would absolutely love to have more players in game. I think it would really bump railjack to the next level.

I getRailjack early and paint it. Sweet I'll name it the GSV Automated Luxury Communism. I go to free flight. Systems are impressive and I enjoy ship layout. Gun positions are restrictive (fixed by intrinsics) get to cockpit and CANT MOVE FORWARD ok is bug. I do a bug report, I fix up ship so people will want to fly I pay for Zakti apok mk lI that has 4x heat generation... 

I feel like dunce and switch back to prior guns apologize for glitch that makes me not fly, apologize for bad armarment.

I find arcwing is superior to virtually everything else and synergizes with wisp and do that. I find my ship embarrassing and join crews. Many disconnection and matchmaking bugs later I have mk II items that cost more than twice my entire grind up to the point of finding one of each piece. I find it stupid and pay the plat (because please fly my ship and I won't disco like the others.)

Arc wing is fun but punishing dodges don't break target locks. Imperator is fun, nothing else seems to have reach at all.

No matter the pilot ship appears as liabity. No matter who flys it gets swarmed by midgets unless arcgunners are Keen, really want a bomb upgrade default. Is what FTL would have.

Most systems seem interesting and have a good core I'm impressed over all, but there are a lot of bugs and a lot of sliding scales to fix. Happy hunting DE.