Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack General Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

Away team pickups in asteroid bases etc. need to be shared with the rest of the team. As it is now, people who stay and protect the railjack or man the crew are at a disadvantage as they won't earn any BPs, resources etc and those resources might also be needed in the forge.

Edited by HyokaChan
  • Like 2

Feedback comments which may have already been mentioned.

1.) Tactical map overlay when in gunnery (and pilot seats) could be made toggle? Quick tap L brings up or closes map only. Hold L to show menu options?

2.) Railjack specific quick key for the Omni tool would be nice.

3.) Share away team pickups. This disincentives team mates protecting the ship if you need to be inside the various encounter areas to get those drops.

4.) Pilot notification that the slingshot or artillery position is occupied. Ie line up on the crewships.

5.) Could we target a space based loot drop with the guns for a second to have it the gun then it tractor in? (once started gun then is free to re-target enemies)

6.) Ship model. Remove railing. As you have it some areas and not in others, it just gets in the way of movement. Especially in the middle section. Also reshape strut up to Slingshot to a actual ramp.

7.) 1 second invulnerability after slingshot into a ship or egress into space to engage abilities? You can die almost instantly if your unlucky with enemy placement. (alternatively localized enemy stun / Archwing boosted away from ship after animation screen)

• Like 2

cut 1/3 of the archwing size on all videos and lives i have seen of the empyrean /raijack missions as i on the ps4 but one of the things that looks extremely jarring is the tenno getting 4 times bigger when he exit the railjack or the grinner ships and if you say is because the ship can't see for some reason make the ships bigger as a warframes that's has 1/4 the size of a corvette is ridiculous as 1/5 is makes more sense gameplay wise and scale wise

13 hours ago, DariusMcSwag said:

Honestly, Railjacks feel like they need to have more players during the mission. Personally, I would like to see the player cap bumped up to 8 players, like old Raids.

Pilot - 1

Gunners - 2

Engineers/Refiners - 2 or more

Away Teams - 2 or more (seriously because buddy doors are a thing in these missions sometimes)

This would feel a LOT better and trust me everyone would be playing a part. Ive seen a lot of feedback on stress and difficulty, and I think this would help immensely with that.

Not only that, it would also allow someone to be an actual user of the Tactical stuff (on the L-button), without immense stress of the ship blowing up (since it's usually the pilot having to try and use it, most people tend to wanna go outside - not surprisingly, cuz they get more loot (and the only way to get the 2 new weapons...))

Sorry for my eng.The railjack is ver nice i love the ship i love the missions BUT!! It is unplayable!!! 1/10 game you bug soo much you have to abort!!! One time i insta teleport 29.000 miles away .... of my ship and main mission.... I have died 5-6 times becouse i fly for some reason inside the ship and then i die.... I have died 10-11 times insta inside the ship with no enemies near.... 5-6 times the ship get gost i didnt see the walls or the flor i have to abort the mission or leave the party becouse return to dojo didnt solve the problem main weapon some times lost damage when you get inside the crewship .... one time i didnt have sound i have to RESTART THE GAME..... One time interface just gone no aim no life... some times whene you go to dojo the railjack is not there you have to go to orbiter and return to the dojo 1-2-5 times...i love the game i have grat time with my friends but we are mad ... and lost our joy play it when you lost your rewards and you cant do a thing

• Like 1

On 2019-12-12 at 1:09 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Empyrean: Railjack General Feedback Megathread

Have fun, and let us know what you think!

SO HEY, loot hunting for stuff is awful. We need emblem drops for parts (just like requiems and kuva lich drops) ASAP!

Also, the earth mission progressions REALLY NEED to hand out basic tactical/battle avionics as a tutorial thing. I'm on proxima and i haven't got any buttons to hit, so that's messed up. (remember flawed mods? Yeah. Just -anything- to put in the slots)

Reactor tiers have to be adjusted. Its really dumb that there's no standard 'baseline' based on the sigma tiers, and the RNG parts can make tier 2's worse than tier 0's.

Its also really frustrating that part drops are instanced/randomized per person. You need to introduce the relic system of picking a friends drops to all parts.

But mostly: LOOT EMBLEMS PLEASE

Also rush drones need to be purshasable from in dojo. its really dumb that, say, you can buy forma when prompted and you run out, but you have to go to the orbiter to get rush repair drones instead of just hitting 'buy it now' like the forma. Oversight!

Edited by Udoshi
  • Like 1

I'll just copy paste here what I said in another thread :

So I finally did a couple of mission, first with some guys in my Alliance, then I invited a friend that didn't even built his RJ yet and we figured it out together.

Overall it was very fun. I rushed the Archwing Catapult mechanics and we had a good laugh when I yeeted myself right into one of the crew ship and deleted its reactor with one Exergis shot. 

The ship is squishy, but as I improved it it started to take way less damage. I changed one turret for a dojo research one (the huge glacial burst turret) and it helped a lot clearing fighters easily. I think in the last Earth mission we did there was one critical failure in the RJ for the whole mission.

Well, of course it lacks content right now. We need more mission, more things to do. The secondary objectives are very well though out however. I loved having to pilot the Archwing while another player was hacking console inside the enemy asteroid.

I say my biggest gripes for now are :

- RJ is still a bit too squishy, though it's very easy to avoid mission failure, so I guess it even out.

- Lack of mission diversity

- Lack of enemy diversity

- The Archwing is pretty much useless in combat. The damage is pitiful, the lack of hitscan hurts and the squishiness is horrible. I was using Odonata Prime and Grattler and I was doing literally nothing to level 15 enemy fighters. Overall Archwing only exist to rush boarding parties and to farm ressources after the mission.

Maybe I should try to build Amesha and a better archwing gun to see if it works better tho.

Overall I call that update a win, but they need to add content, improves on it and diversify it. For now it's a great beta test, and the feeling of improvement when you upgrade the ship is real. But it's still unpolished and it's up to DE to makes it truly great.

Also, fix the huge amount of bugs. Those are pretty painful. Octavia bug in particular.

Edited by Isokaze_BestKaze

Well us 3 old vets have done a couple of full days in railjack now, and to DE I say this: - Thank you very much!  Bloody funtasic time had by all of us over the last couple of days, we just had a ball .. bought back memorys of years ago when we first started.  Its made Archwing enjoyable and great fun and the harder missions reminded us of the old Void defense 60 wave funfests.  DE this is by far the best update you have ever made.  Congrats, and yes there are alot of serious bugs, but the fun we had far outways the issues .. Well Done to ALL DE people.

Suggestions

change how randomized component rolls works OR weight components to drop more than weapons.
so right now whenever components for the railjack drop which is probably between 1 in 8 and 1 in 12 purple drops. so exceptionally rare. the equipment stats are completely random and while i dont feel the effect of the randomization anyone who isnt spending plat constantly to insta complete the resource costs for repairing the components completely de-incentivizes repairing things becuase components are INSANELY expensive to repair especially at mk3. not to mention theyre locked behind a 12h repair timer and only give 50% of your resources back when scrapped after being repaired. ive also had first hand experiences of teammates getting OUTRIGHT BETTER rolls in the same lobby. which brings it to the next point why does everyone receive different stat rolls for the same equipment in a single lobby. the randomized rolls already are  A MASSIVE detriment unless you sacrifice a lamb and your first born to RNGeezus for good rolls.

proposals
make components more common than weapons
AND make rolls universal across the lobby OR massively reduce repair time and increase salvaged resources to 75% at LEAST (patch notes say 100% is supposed to be returned currently only 50% is) when scrapping fully repaired gear

suggestion
reduce armor on new grineer ground units. honestly right now unless you have a riven and a insanely specialized build for ignoring armor. and it still is kinda ridiculous in the veil. like unreasonably tanky.

suggestion
better loot tracker OR automatically picking up loot dropped from ships regardless where it drops in railjack missions. in later content. veil especially its very difficult to track and pick up loot when it takes all focus on fighting.

So far the only problems I've had are nearly every archwing except amesha being extremely squishy and archguns being nigh unviable even when you have a god riven against even the fighters after the first few levels. I'm not even sure if the intrinsics that increase archwing defenses and offenses will be enough. Kinda cuts back on gameplay choice and makes you claustrophobic being in the railjack all the time since you'll get blasted once you fly outside in the archwing, and if you aren't then you're not gonna be able to do much except boarding crewships.

Actually that's pretty much it, I guess the avionics are kinda wonky to navigate and their rng are aswell but I guess I can wait wait till the drop rates and locations are posted somewhere.

• Like 1

I'm sorry guys, but most of the feedback here is garbage. Many concerns can be bypassed with tools you are given, like Intrinsics, Mods, Avionics upgrades and ship part upgrades.

This update isnt a field trip. Some roles need decked out warframes, weapons and good builds. Coordination is essential. Use every edge you have.

Forge need visual COLOR LIGHTS INDICATOR , indicating it is ready or busy. The current bug when you join people, the text on forges are missing!! Only when I'm the host, I can see the text.

Why forges light need color indicator? In rush, so we can see which one is ready to craft. So to not waste seconds because of pulling animation, and run around to check one by one like headless chicken. So I propose 3 lights;

- Red indicate busy, 0-49% or 0-79% progress

- Yellow indicate, 50-99% or 89-99% near completion

- Green, all 100% ready

Also engineer probably need one of it's intrinsic show forges progress via tactical menu overlay.

WHY? 90% I play as nanny of the ship, bonking boarders and patch damages. Along with crafting supplies, with people yelling for more ammo. If forges are all busy, I could use my time to smash the guest and spray glue on ceiling during hairy firefights, or jump on turret as second gunner.

Edited by Athnamos
  • Like 1

any chance of:

1. being able to compare railjack components in the research screen to your equipped components? so i dont have to write down all the stats of the weapon and then go into the other terminal to compare them by hand before i commit to building something...

2. having more information available on our battle avionics? Seeker volley is a mystery to me!

3. opening the menu and selecting "abort mission" after the mission is complete and we are ready to leave currently counts as a mission failure, could we not have that please? If i need quit the game nice and quick i dont want to have to take the railjack back to drydock first.

4. having forge status available from the pilot hud and/or tactical menu so i dont need to actually go down there just to see if i can build something. Also the little progress bars dont currently seem to be present even if i do go down there, so i need to access a forge and try to build something just to see if it is possible to do so (though that may be a bug, i have already reported it in the bugs megathread)

5. Some way to more easily find/collect resources after a huge battle, i dont want to bore my crew as a float around aimlessly trying to find all the resources (maybe something we could use our under-utilised resource drones for?)

• Like 1

Zetki weapons outright are garbage. it seems like the way the current houses work zetki seems to be strong raw damage. vidar is crit chance and lavan is status. but zetki weapons overheat WAY faster than their stats seem to indicate. like to the point of uselessness. and i dont think a lot of people have even realised yet thats the problem because zetki weapons are THE MOST COMMON DROPS IN THE #*!%ING MODE for wreckage. i have gotten 30 zetki wreckages for every ONE other. why are zetki so much more freaking common than everything else? ive picked up EXCLUSIVELY ZETKI reactors and shields. and 80% of my weapon wreckages have been zetki and zetki gear just outright doesnt have the power the houses have in later content. the reactors dont have the avionics capacity and the shield grids are only worthwhile if your capacity is through the roof with mods becauser they get enhanced regen factors.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IconianCat said:

Zetki weapons outright are garbage. it seems like the way the current houses work zetki seems to be strong raw damage. vidar is crit chance and lavan is status. but zetki weapons overheat WAY faster than their stats seem to indicate. like to the point of uselessness. and i dont think a lot of people have even realised yet thats the problem because zetki weapons are THE MOST COMMON DROPS IN THE #*!%ING MODE for wreckage. i have gotten 30 zetki wreckages for every ONE other. why are zetki so much more freaking common than everything else? ive picked up EXCLUSIVELY ZETKI reactors and shields. and 80% of my weapon wreckages have been zetki and zetki gear just outright doesnt have the power the houses have in later content. the reactors dont have the avionics capacity and the shield grids are only worthwhile if your capacity is through the roof with mods becauser they get enhanced regen factors.

Zetki definitely not garbage, but they are really unwieldy. I do agree, for example, that the overheating is just ridiculous - it's 4x higher than on the others! But on the Apoc Turret, for example, they have:

Highest crit, normal status (same as Vidar), higher accuracy, higher RoF (at least mine does, it has 11 something RoF, instead of 8,33) and about 50% higher base damage.

The only thing that needs changing for Zetki is for the overheat to be just about 1,5x higher (so 30 heat accretion, instead of 80, in the case of Apoc), then they'd be great.

Shields are almost worthless.

That's been the case in the main game for ages, but it's much more apparent in Railjack as it's a general trend to have shields on space ships and many, many games have done it better.

Suggestions:

1) Shield values should be higher, minimum of 2x at base, and the same for bonuses from shield arrays.

2) Split the shields into quadrants - Front, Port, Starboard, Rear. Give each the current shield value independently, Allowing for tactics such as rotating the ship facing etc.

3) Possibly add shield recharge delay and/or shield adaptation avionics, to compensant for lack of armor. Those could be overpowered, however.

It may be you don't want to focus on shields as too powerful shields would eliminate hull damage and hence all of the repair minigames. But at the current value they're basically worthless outside of Earth, so using any avionics for them seems a waste and encourages focus on Armor and Hull health..

As someone who just loves the concept of shields itself in all sci-fi games - and has Hildryn as one of my favourite frames - it's a little bit of a disappointment and just seems like a waste for diversified tanking options..

Edited by CoreWolf

Can we please tone down RNG? The worst possible thing for me is seeing two parts with the exact same name and different bloody stats, then learning that someone else's mk1 reactor is better than the mk2 I just finished crafting and will only be refunded 50% of the resources for. I can already hardly be tipped to farm kuva weapons when the extra stat can be anywhere from 30-60%, on top of having to get relics to get mods to farm murmurs to know How Do I Kill This Thing then good on and doing it with probably only the best of the best of my loadouts.

You want player retention, sure, but piling RNG on top of RNG is starting to piss off the veterans who've been rooting for you. The partner I started playing the game with hasn't been on in a year, and has straightup said they'll only be back for Story (or Titania Prime, whichever happens first, faves and all). People in my alliance chat are livid. My clannies are burying their faces in their hands. Similar to how you handled kuva weapons would be Fine, most likely. Let people upgrade their stats if they get the same thing But Better. Idek if you do it with Unnecessary Time Gating, let people tear down one thing to build another if you'd like, but piss to what the system currently is that's outright incentivised people to just Not Host until they get god rolled mk3 parts to throw on their own ship. Soft TLDR? I don't think RNG = Endgame.

The system itself is buggy, but handles pretty nicely despite that. If you're piloting a crew ship and the only thing left is to kill a crew ship and someone else does it and finishes the mission, you're stuck in a glitched screen wherein the only escape is alt and F4 when the ship despawns. There's some relatively harmless visual bugs when boarding the railjack from an orbiter and not directly looking out of windows (on the glass, replicate by just moving the window to your peripheral vision). Dying on a gunner's seat is bugged in some way (though I haven't experienced this personally). Some other visual bugs, swords being extra glow and Running In Space (crewship despawns but you aren't piloting it, so now you're just in space with your regular loadout and can Superman Fly).  

Also wanted to add - randomness on engines/shields/reactors is a little too much. MK2 should 90% of the time be a clear upgrade over MK1, etc, in my opinion.

Experience is that 50%+ of MK2 gear is less effective than your better MK1 gear, etc.

Edited by CoreWolf

I just wanted to add this.

Bodytight shields on Warframes? Okay.

On a Railjack? Not so much.

IK'd like to see a barrier type shields on the ships. When the shields go down then the ship starts taking damage effects. It could also be the engineers job to bring the shields back up. The shield regen effects work when the shields are up but when down they don't without interaction by the crew fixing them and bringing them online. The higher the engineer srank the higher the % the shields are when they come back online. Rank 0 is 0%, rank 10 would be 100%.

Actually I  have come across a very underlying problem and that's refining resources in the forge, not that I know exactly how it works but I imagine that once the forge hits the resource limit it doesn't collect anymore. So maybe something like uncapping the limit or making any extra resource above the limit get auto refined would help managing that aspect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -Bv-Concarne said:

Actually I  have come across a very underlying problem and that's refining resources in the forge, not that I know exactly how it works but I imagine that once the forge hits the resource limit it doesn't collect anymore. So maybe something like uncapping the limit or making any extra resource above the limit get auto refined would help managing that aspect.

Overflow is distributed to the crew, or at least it's supposed to be.

Maybe its me and fact that i play elite dangerous but Railjack is abit on the boring side for me.

• no way to leave mission without abort
  • farming after fights is boring and takes more time than the actual mission objective.
  • repair events happens to frequently
  • resource cost for wreckage too high.
  • lack of variety of enemies
  • archwings are weak.
  • easy to troll as i knew it was going to be due to lack of understanding that people will troll just because they can.

what i suggest is:

• after mission complete pull up the screen defense uses at the end of wave
  • make materials/items auto collect (no drops).
  • lower the rate repair events happen.
  • lower Resource cost for wreckage or remove the cost completely. if you need to add slots that you can get with plat, do that instead.
  • Archwings need a rework to fit the new system.
  • remove payload. have those resources obtained from killing the crew ships and fighters. host should be the only one allowed to use navigation.

one mission i did all the host did after fights was fly around collecting resources. it was absolutely boring. you should have seriously considered using specters for solo allowing specters to man turrets, put out hazards, fight boarding parties, and take over piloting when you go out to destroy crew ships. allow players that join to replace the specters.

Edited by EinheriarJudith
  • Like 2