Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack General Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

The problem I got here is with the archwings being like paper except Amesha but even with that I can die a lot getting missile spammed. Itzals cloak also doesn't help against missile locks for example. If Empyrean supposed to be basically the space game side, Railjack is your frigate and your players with archwings should be your premium fighter space ships. The problem is the archwings can't even handle a few common grineer fighters in damage or survivability on higher levels. That needs to be balanced, need be scaled with map level in some form. Archwings still could have a real hard time against ships that are bigger than your common grineer fighters, just like single pilot fighter space ships would have a big problem with gunships/frigates etc. Also AW, archgun xp gain is still very bad in these space battles.

• Like 1

Empyrean is some of the best content to be added in a long time, no contest. It's fun, it's a cool Idea with a great execution and most importantly, it's starting to connect the worlds. One problem that I've had for a long time is that archwing missions mostly only give stuff for archwing, so why do it if you're trying to progress otherwise? Similarly, the open worlds have tons of exclusive resources that only matter if you're staying on the open world (ie, a 100 hr player and a 1000 hr player are no further/closer from a 333 amp if the only time they ever spent there was grabbing the mote amp and dipping) in fact, scot has talked about this, calling them 'islands' and I know that squad link is supposed to help connect the world and I've seen steps of that taken, you can find railjack resources in PoE, DE impressed me with that.

• Like 1

Rail Jack missions should have the star of the show most important. I don't like hearing about people wanting more survivabiltiy to archwings while in a rail jack mission.  I saw some players already have a crazy archwing and they are out downing fighters left and right while us the gunners are left with not much to do at all. If you amp up archwings then there is no reason for the rail jack besides transport to the mission. 

I would also like to see roles somehow locked in. I spend intrensic points in certain areas and get recruited specifically for that area to jump into missions where that stuff is already being done by players who were recruited for another job. It makes zero sense and isn't fun almost to an unplayable  point.

Edited by SgtSlim
  • Like 1

I realize the scale of Railjack is not meant to be completely true to life, but the crewships feel miniscule from the outside. My frame is nearly as tall as the fuselage, when in reality there are like 3 big rooms inside that ship. In practical terms, it makes them harder to target among a crowd. While I know the bases aren't to scale as well, they are at least quite large, so it's not as glaring.

• Like 2

The Combat Ai style needs to change so each craft serves a purpose.

Right now;

• Crews ships -> Good at everything
  • Flak Ships -> don't actually use flack
  • Fighters -> Seems to be fine

What it needs to be change to

• Crews Ships -> Bad at targeting small enemies ( archwings ) - homing does not affect them.
  • Flak -> Good against Arch Wing ( usually protects crews ships ) 
  • Fighters -> focus on Railjack
  • Ram Sleds -> Highlighted Marker on Screen when they are launched. 

• Like 2

Pilot HuD needs a UI Update

Pilot HuD should include amount of revolite "Stores" on ship. This way some one will be aware of when to refine. Auto marking dangerous targets when they become visible to Pilot or Gunner ( Marking Mechanic similar to Battlefield Series \ Division ) 

If this is supposed to be the "Greatest Warship" Targeting telemetry is really important. 

Loot picked up by Railjack and archwing is shared by all squad members, but loot from chests/lockers/enemies/bosses inside platforms/bases is picked up only individually, so if i am repairing and piloting my Railjack i miss out on many loot drops and BP's! Not cool [DE]. Make everything that is looted team shared. I cannot waste my time running in areas where my squad already run through. Not sharing would be ok in regular missions, but when i cant always leave my Railjack alone i miss out a lot.

Also we need to increase archwing and Railjack vacuum radius to at least 1000-2000m.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Wakata said:
3) LOOT FROM CASHES IN CREW SHIPS AND BASES IS NOT SHARED AMONGST THE PLAYERS OUTSIDE OF THE BASE

This is a BIG nono. There is no reason to push the players to cooperate in different parts of the level (railjack crew, away crew, archwingers), and not let them share ALL loot from the mission. The way how it is now made the whole team wait to finish the mission and only after that ALL players can go inside of let's say pulse turbine base to loot all the stuff. Again, this breaks the flow. Please, make it so that even the loot from the other parts of the level is shared.

this

used search function to upvote this

• Like 4

So, I think this is a fun game mode, but it could be better.  My main issue right now is having to leave the squad to get my resources and intrinsics after the mission.  We go back to the dry dock, none of my stuff is there, so I have to go back to my Orbiter, then back to MY dry dock to spend anything.  This happens even when playing with clan-mates.  I also don't seem to have permission to finish repairing a blueprint for my Railjack when in someone else's dry dock?  Kinda defeats the purpose of having my Railjack accessible.

Another thing is that the on-board armory is essentially worthless.  You can't change your equipment out in the field when you might want to.  I understand not being able to use it mid-skirmish, but once all the objectives are cleared?  Free Flight should allow you to access the armory.

Crew Ship explosion countdown: add a male and a female Grineer countdown voice. Use at reandom per ship: 
Ship integrity compromised. Ship desrtuction in 30 seconds... 20 seconds. 10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...

Allow relay docks to be used for ship upgrades. a platinum tariff would enable the option.
I think a per-player choice of a very diminute fee, like 1 plat for 3 days, 2 plat for 7 days, 3 plat for 15 days, 5 plat for 30 days, 10 plat for 90 days, 30 plat for a year.
This would allow all Dry Dock action to be performed in the relay instead of the Dojo, and is completely optional. 

Well, I have a lot to say about Railjack. Many things I think could be added to add fun gameplay, some things that just aren't fun to deal with, and some that detracts from the gameplay. That being said, Railjack is still very fun and I think it's one of the best things that been added to Warframe, with a design that should be followed in future. 

I'll be sorting my post into 3 sections. What I think was done well, what I think is bad and detracts from gameplay, and finally some changes or additions I think would just be more fun, not necessarily because the related features are bad. Then just some general feedback on things that could be tweaked or I just don't like that much.

Post-writing addendum - This was an absolutely colossal post, I didn't intend that. For the most part, the important feedback is under "The Good", "Problems" and "General Feedback". Please, I must ask, please do not the content in there any less seriously because of the unsorted mess that is "Additions and Changes", those are just some dreamy changes that I included if not just to get some discussion going, or inspiration for other players posts. I added it to a spoiler just because it's not necessarily important.

The Good

Resource Economy

Although, being a new piece of content, it's hard to get a solid opinion on this, what we have so far is good and I think it's a good direction for the game to move in. Mechanics and equipment that the player either must, or generally would want to use require a constant stream of resources to be used. Repairs, ammunition, and flux being the only ones I know of. It gives the player something to use these on, as well as making decision making more complex since you have to manage your resources, too. 

Gameplay 

The gameplay is good. It's fun, it's engaging.. The roles are a classic take on space vessel roles and allows everyone to work together, which is drastically different from Warframe gameplay, and each offer something to the team in a way that isn't just everyone doing the same thing. Although many things could be improved or added to give each role more to do, it's fun and I feel like we're rewarded for being good at the game in a way other than just knowing how to optimally mod your Warframe so you lock-down every enemy within 80 meters, or instantly kill everything you look at.

Customization

Keeping with the theme of Warframe, the player gets a lot of customization options with their Railjack. It, so far, doesn't feel like the player is going to absurdly outscale the enemies they fight, and you can to some extent tailor the ship to how you want it to be. All while being very different from how it's done outside of Empyrean. Well done, again. 

Problems

Catastrophic Breaches and Railjack Survivability

By far, the absolute worst part of Empyrean is how survivable the Railjacks are, and the breaches that ultimately lead to their death. I will even say this is the only real problem Railjacks have, and if this were to be changed Empyrean would be a lot more enjoyable to play, even though it's already pretty fun. When managed properly, they are essentially complete invulnerability. Combined with the 55~ seconds of invulnerability you get, it's very easy to get the little resources you need to repair the breach, and any half decent squad makes the Railjack completely invulnerable. 

Now, on the other side of things. The survivability of the Railjack without considering catastrophic breaches is honestly abysmal. The only reason they survive at all is because of the minute of invulnerability they get before death. They may as well just not have HP, it simply does nothing. Overall, it leads to very unfun gameplay with no risk. You sit around waiting to repair the breach, until the next one appears where you wait to repair it. You have no risk of losing, and you just sit around waiting to repair. 

Suggested Changes

The simplest change would be to simply drastically increase the survivability of the Railjack, while either removing the catastrophic breach or reworking it. There absolutely should not be no risk of death. But at the same time, Railjacks should be hard to kill. Very hard. There should be a lot of time for the Railjack to be taken down, given the relatively slower pacing of Empyrean gameplay, with players moving about between the Railjack, space, and enemy ships. Maybe even some form of health gating, which I will get to in a moment.

Further expanding on a Railjack that now feels like an absolute beast of a spaceship, rather than a flying piece of paper, it would need something to engage the players in the moments between it's long life, and death. Breaches are already a good start here. They are elements that exist as a result of taking damage, and apply negative affects to the ship such as reduced max HP, reduced shields, and constant ticking damage. I think this is a good system. But I do have some suggested changes. 

The breaches should be localized to specific systems, with hitboxes around the ship that transfer damage into these systems. Taking hits to the engine should damage the engine, and cause breaches, fires etc in the engines, taking hits to where the shield generator is damages the shield generator, taking damage around a gun damages the gun, etc. Damage to these parts also bleeds into the ships total HP. Once they take enough damage, they need to be repaired. Breaches, electrical faults, fires, and perhaps additional affects that could be added, reduce how effective the system they are affecting is. Allowing the enemy to do something to the much harder to kill Railjack, and giving players something to do to keep themselves in optimal condition. 

General Feedback

Lead indicators are generally incorrect, in my experience they lag behind where they should be. Not a big issue for anyone who has space/aircraft combat experience, but could be a very big issue for some. 

Not much enemy variety, although it was just released so I expected this. I would very much like to see different classes of ships, ranging from fighters, to frigates, or even battleships. 

Loot gathered anywhere you are on foot is not shared with anyone who's a part of the Empyrean play area. It should be shared to keep it consistent. 

Seems to be a lot of issues with certain models loading or unloading at the wrong times. Sometimes the ship is partially visible when in a gunner seat. Sometimes walls disappear.

Aim snap to the lead indicator is not good. It takes out any reward for being able to aim, or at the very least be able to track the lead indicator. Now, granted, I understand some may have motor problems, but I don't think the entire game should be built to accommodate them. Lock-on, non-lock-on but homing, or automatically aiming weapons can be their own types of weapons without affecting weapons that require the player to aim. Personally, I don't think there should even be a lead indicator. Maybe an indicator for the targeted ships vector. 

Not sure if this just a symptom of my currently poor internet, but enemies are a bit jittery when not the host. Will remove it others don't have this issue.

Loot acquisition, as it stands, is a very tedious experience. While I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing, I think the customization of the Railjack should allow progression for how the team acquired loot. Either in the form of increased vacuum range, a system that allows tractor beaming of targeted loot, and an attached sensor sub-system that can be activated to mark all resources within it's range, with an alternate mode that also marks resources for the Railjack pilot and any players currently using Archwing. For variety, different systems could collect resources in different ways. Pilot ability that shoots a passive pulse that pulls in all resources for example. 

When players enter the Empyrean play area, the models aren't scaled very well. Inside the Railjack and the Dojo, the Railjack looks and feels absolutely massive, enemies on the outside look large. But when you leave the Railjack, everything is suddenly tiny. No gameplay problems, I just think everything in Empyrean could be scaled up, Railjacks and other space vessels should truly dwarf the player and their glorified jetpack.

Engine and Secondary color, as far as I can see, only affect the weapons on the Railjack, and it has no engines or engine trails to speak of. This is misleading, and nothing indicated it would affect weapons. Propose "Weapon Primary" and "Weapon Secondary", and with Engine appended if engine affects are ever added. 

Archwing design was the result of failed content, and Archwings need to be drastically reworked to fit into the Empyrean expansion. The addition of blink to all Archwings was a good start, reducing the mobility gap that made other Archwings non-viable because they couldn't cross the entire play area in 0.5 seconds. They don't have damage scaled to Empyrean enemies, nor do they have any survivability to survive within Empyrean. All Archwings should have survivability so they are viable. Some may be specialized towards it, as the Itzal is (was) specialized towards mobility and the Amesha is specialized for support, but all should have some form of survivability. 

Breaches, fires and electrical faults shouldn't reduce max HP and shielding, but should instead negatively affect things that happen over time, instead of essentially being a form of % HP damage. Reduced armor, reduced shield regen, a chance for shields to fail and allow a projectile to directly damage the hull. Reduced speed or acceleration, a chance for the engine to randomly turn off for a short time. Anything could be added, some affects might be applied by specific weapons. Only limit is creativity. Percentage damage is boring and pretty much defeats the point of having more HP.

The Engineering room could be made a bit more compact and moved further up the ship. The area below the slingshot with a whole lot of nothing in it would be a great place for it. Furthermore, the forges should be condensed into a single forge, that has multiple uses with each use having an independent cooldown. In 100% of cases only one person will be forging, there's no reason to have 4 different interactions for it. It's a bit too far away and clunky to use right now.

Another thing that plagues Warframe, is small rewards of things we can get a very large amount of. Credits, resources we have literally millions of lying around. Given the length of the missions, giving rewards of 200-500K wouldn't be out of question, especially since they're not guaranteed. It would make it feel less like a wasted reward, while not being good enough to compete with index/spider farming.

Additions and Changes (These are generally pretty large changes compared to the general feedback above)

Spoiler

An extension of the catastrophic breach feedback. All damage should be localized to specific sub-systems and ship locations, with some of that damage bleeding into the superstructure of the ship. As a system or module takes damage, it's HP naturally drops. This damage leads to breaches, fires and other things that reduce the performance of that system. The suggestion here is that when the HP of a part reaches 0, it stops working entirely and requires a repair, and any extra damage has an increased bleed-through to the superstructure of the ship. Although taking enough damage for a part to be totally destroyed wouldn't be a quick process, it would be much quicker than what is required to destroy the Railjack entirely. 

Reserve some gear slots for specific equipment, with a larger amount of general slots being available that can take anything, allowing specialization if the player wishes. i.e, a single slot for Hull/Armor, a slot for Engines, a slot for a Utility subsystem. Then 9+ general slots that you can fit anything into, even multiple of the same upgrade if you wish to heavily specialize somewhere. Diminishing returns for multiple of the same, perhaps. 

New mechanics to manage whether the Railjack is alive or takes damage, adding some interesting gameplay elements and longer, drawn out fights fitting for capital ship combat. Superstructure would be the health of the Railjack itself. This would be very high, and have other layers of protection to prevent this from being damaged. Damage to the superstructure is bad, and losing all the superstructure equals destruction. Damage to the superstructure causes breaches, fires etc that affect the whole ship and have a major impact if not dealt with. Armor, rather than being a % reduction to damage as it's generally thought of being, would instead be a way to completely immune damage. Armor has a strength, and any attack contacting with the ship will need to check against the armor to determine whether or not it penetrates. Armor degrades as it takes hits, even if the hits deal no damage, and would not be a quick repair. Lastly, specific systems would have their own HP values. Any shot that penetrates the armor in a section of a ship they reside in, will damage the system within. To tie this all together, weapons will need an armor penetration value, as well as a percentage indicating how much damage they deal to systems or superstructure. Some weapons may do very little damage to the superstructure while excel at killing systems, i.e flechette.  

Overall, my reasoning for this change is that it would add depth and interesting gameplay, as well as finally getting away from the difference between armor and no armor, or absurdly high armor that plagues Warframe. Scaling has gotten completely out of hand, especially with Grineer, and anything that's added is generally balanced around it or isn't viable. Shields are absolutely worthless, for example, because they have no armor. Which means they are nothing in terms of EHP. Play any other space game, or sci-fi for that matter, and shields are generally pretty chunky and useful tools. 

"Main" weapons and "Secondary" weapons, with secondary weapons being smaller, but less damaging. Secondary weapons generally being used for fighter clearing, while main weapons are the bigger, harder hitters. Flak vs battleship guns. 

A rework of the 360 degrees perk, as well as additional weapon batteries. Firstly, there should be more weapons over the ship that can be used by the players. I don't think only 2 sets of weapons really fits a ship of this size. Secondly, the 360 degree weapons perk shouldn't give 360 degree firing to the weapon that you are using, but should instead allow the player to target in 360 degrees and have select any of the guns on the ship, which will still respect their firing arcs. Fractured Space can give you can idea of what i'm talking about, with it's turrets. Each gunner seat would have 3 hardpoints. The first is the main gun, the second is a set of two secondary weapons, and the third is the secondary they get in 360 degree targeting. The pilot would be unique, getting access to two separate main guns. While in the gunner seat, the gunner gets access to a main weapon with 2 assisting secondary weapons that have a limited arc of fire. They may give up their usage of the main gun to gain 360 degree targeting and a certain amount of turrets that dot the ships surface will respond to that gunners commands. A third gunner seat for anyone who wishes to add even more secondary firepower, if the engineer has nothing else to do. 

Some form of modular construction to the ship would be great. Really allowing players to personalize their ship, by being in control of types of hallways and components the ship is built of, where it's sub-systems such as shield generators, engines and reactors are located, and where each player can access things such as the forge. Something that truly allows the player to customize everything about it. I'm sure some of us remember Galactic Civilizations fondly. 

Overall, I believe some or all of these changes would really push that feel of big ship combat that already makes Empyrean so much fun, on top of some good design choices on DEs part. It would really add to the amount of depth Railjacks have and make it a lot more fun and complex without having tedious and unfun systems for players to deal with. 

Closing Statement

Now, there was a lot here. While obviously there will be disagreements, I would appreciate it if anyone reading this would respond to some, or all the points made. I think at the very least it could lead to some interesting discussion, or improvements to things that have been listed here. It took a lot of time and thought to write this, it's not just ramblings of a madman.

Edited by Drago55577
  • Like 2

Never before have i played a gamemode so buggy, so crashy, so borderline unplayable as Railjack.
Sure, the missions themselves are fun when the game does not S#&$ itself and crash.... but oh well, too bad I can't actually enjoy it when it crashes more often than the ball crashes into stuff in a pinball machine, nor can I report any of the crashes because they happen so randomly and so frequently.

Shame. Guess I have to wait at least a month or two before I can actually play the thing at all.

Archwing melee needs an overhaul. 

It is basically unusuable. 

Arch-melee should be able to:
auto-parry incoming fire similar to Warframe melee
close space between Warframe and ships, like a second blink with variable distance only to close the gap.
latch the warframe to the ship's hull to sabotage it from the outside: 

• cripple or disable shields/engines/guns.
  • Use cipher challenges (Parazon) to hijack ship systems and perform various ship hazards, like a nightmare mission, but against the enemy
  • Combine attacking ship systems and hijacking to in a best case scenario, vent enemies out of the ship without ever fighting them.

You guys need to stop giving us a meager amount of credits as rewards. This has been a concern for the playerbase for a while and when I saw that it was one of the rewards for railjack it made me make this post. In total, it costs 6 million credits for you to make your railjack, I'm fine with that cause this is supposed to be next level content and i understand the meaning behind it. But to have such little returns for it seems silly. There are good rewards to Empyrean like forma and the umbra forma and the wreckage but how exactly is 2000 credits supposed to matter to anybody? At least make it a decent amount like 200,000. It's okay to be a little more generous with your reward yields. 

• Like 3

railjack:

- galleons and bases should be reenterable even after the captain/commander is dead. the way it's now, leads to everyone who want a chance of the BPs, resources and/or a rare crate to leave the railjack pretty much undefended - or, some poor sob is staying behind not getting anyting that is looted on the ship/base since this isn't shared like the things picked up in AW mode (also something that should change for this game mode). also, since people still can join the mission even after nearly all objective are done, it tends to them asking if the captain is dead, and if so them leaving againg... that's just a plain pita situation imo - for erveryone involved.

- companions in railjack are even more prone to undeserved deaths than they are on the plains of eidolon or the orb valis, especially if you use the 'link health' mod. it gets even stranger since they sometimes are just dead when you enter a ship or the railjack after being out in space and then just the next in&out trip they suddenly are alive again (yay!, i guess). this bug with them being dead without getting any damage is as old as the plains of eidolon already - and even the problem with their health reverting to the 'normal' value (that is thevalue without the benefit of the 'link health' mod extra health) is a big problem in such an high level environment like railjack since they can die 'properly' easy enough there. maybe you should 'save' their health value into a temporary variable whenever the player is going into AW-mode and writing it back when he exiting it and therefore the companion is brought back... this would be by far the easiest and fairest solution to do - or you can just revive the companion everytime the player is going out of the AW-mode, regardless of the former status of the companion... well, maybe you could also use a flag-pointer to mark the companion as being alive or dead - though i think you already do so atm and since it's proven this system is not really working so good, maybe you should change it.

12 minutes ago, Drago55577 said:

The Good

Resource Economy

Stopped reading right there. The resource economy is The Bad (and the Ugly, too) atm, with 50 plat bypassing days and weeks of grind and resource costs being utterly out of whack. How on Earth is 15,000 Titanium per part good? The game actually pushes you to pay 50 plat and skip the resource cost now or look like a moron farming for months. Also, reliance on resources that may or may not drop to "heal" the ship is just clunky, far from good.

22 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

Stopped reading right there. The resource economy is The Bad (and the Ugly, too) atm, with 50 plat bypassing days and weeks of grind and resource costs being utterly out of whack. How on Earth is 15,000 Titanium per part good? The game actually pushes you to pay 50 plat and skip the resource cost now or look like a moron farming for months. Also, reliance on resources that may or may not drop to "heal" the ship is just clunky, far from good.

I don't think that's a good reason to disregard the entire post, especially when you didn't even read the content of that section.

Regardless, the incentive to use resources rather than stockpiling millions is still a good change, and much better than before. The numbers could be adjusted, maybe, and we'll have a better idea of it as more people get to the endgame. As it stands, I get 800-1500 titanium per mission when playing with a full squad who knows what they're doing. I've had much longer grinds in normal Warframe.

As for the plat, I don't really see how it's any different than the rest of the game, which allows you to bypass resource costs for things, even if I don't think it's a good model to have.

EDIT: Just to expand on that, i didn't intend to mean that everything about it is good, or how it's handled is good. Just that the current design is far better than what we've had before and is a good direction to be moving in. How awkward it can be to repair isn't very good imo, nor is the low capacity. Farming is awkward. It can definitely be improved. 

Edited by Drago55577

18 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

indeed, the 15k titanium came as a bit of a suprise when i first saw it - at least it's 'only' for mk3 stuff afaik - still, the price should be a less high for that. i think in the end we might, again, end up with tons of titanium anyway as soon as we all have the best equipment we can get and no other way to spend the stuff on but it sure hurts a bit right now.

4 minutes ago, Drago55577 said:

As for the plat, I don't really see how it's any different than the rest of the game, which allows you to bypass resource costs for things, even if I don't think it's a good model to have.

Because the grind for a single piece of gear for your railjack is insane compared to anything else in the game. Because you can skip all Railjack progression and have a maxed out railjack for only 250p, less than the price of a Warframe or Weapon.

3 minutes ago, fr4gb4ll said:

indeed, the 15k titanium came as a bit of a suprise when i first saw it - at least it's 'only' for mk3 stuff afaik - still, the price should be a less high for that. i think in the end we might, again, end up with tons of titanium anyway as soon as we all have the best equipment we can get and no other way to spend the stuff on but it sure hurts a bit right now.

You are never going to end up with tons of titanium. The only way to acquire it is by shooting a couple types of space objects and once you have all the best gear there is no reason to continue to waste your time doing that. It's going to take a long time to get to that point anyway since the random stats on parts means that there will almost always be small upgrades available

I just scrapped my bulkhead avionic. :facepalm:

Better UI and sorting for avionics and wreckage pls. Don't include avionics that are equipped in scrap menu.

Also, please disconnect observatory navigation from railjack navigation. I would like to use observatory to join crew, not host. Entering dojo to check resources and upgrades, then leaving dojo to join a crew is a hassle.

Edited by MiMiren
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, (XB1)HungryAssassin0 said:

You guys need to stop giving us a meager amount of credits as rewards. This has been a concern for the playerbase for a while and when I saw that it was one of the rewards for railjack it made me make this post. In total, it costs 6 million credits for you to make your railjack, I'm fine with that cause this is supposed to be next level content and i understand the meaning behind it. But to have such little returns for it seems silly. There are good rewards to Empyrean like forma and the umbra forma and the wreckage but how exactly is 2000 credits supposed to matter to anybody? At least make it a decent amount like 200,000. It's okay to be a little more generous with your reward yields. 

I suspect the reason is that you don't actually need to build a Railjack to play Railjack, but still, given how easy it is to get credits from Index, most credit rewards from missions/etc could do with being increased tenfold at least and/or paired with some other resources. I don't think that you'd even need to increase the likelihood of receiving one of the 'good' rewards (i.e. mods/salvage), just make it so that common pool rewards also come with some bonus credits. "3000 credits + 10 Isos" sounds a lot better than "3000 credits" even if in the end it's not all that much of a change.