Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack General Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

I'm sad of what the engineer should have been and gave them more interesting gameplay than what we got.

So some things to change: all the crafting things are cool down based now and much higher internal stores for boost crafting. Forge remains but instead of it crafting things to use it crafts boost for the ship. This removes the negative feeling of having to craft something and is now purely an extra thing. This fits with what DE even said in previous devstreams of initially we would have to repair the ship after missions or something but changed it to a bonus system (which is gone from what we got).

Examples of boosts to craft:

• Boost reactor output for more energy
  • Boost shield reactor to increase charge rate and push you to over shields
  • Boost ordnance damage output
  • Boost main-cannon
  • Boost engine speed for x time

Next we add a engineer position. Initially they are given a resource collecting beam to pick up loot, eventually get access to resource drones to go and do that work as well. The intrincs are balanced around the engineer being able to passively improve the ship. This is done with reducing cool down times on ship weapons, shield recharge, repair speed, etc. Other things they can do from the chair is craft the boosts, and to do other things that actively boost the ships performance.

• Like 2

Please let us keep collected resources/mods/wreckage even when abandoning missions, lost a crapton of stuff having to abandon bugged missions and it's seriously eating into my fun.

Also:

Spoiler

WX9GG7V.jpg

Wreckage has a bit too wide range between min and max values in my opinion, the other Mk III I have has almost 4x Flux and 5x Avionics capacity

Finally I'd prefer that scrapping wreckage gave useful resources instead of Dirac, would give a bit of value to trash rolled wreckage...

Edited by Unimira
hid picture
  • Like 1

A few thoughts I had while playing Railjack for the past couple of days. 

• Tactical when leveled up should enable you to mark ships from your pilot and gunner stations as well as from the archwing cannon. Not being able to mark crew ships and other objects of interest from inside the RJ is pretty annoying. 
  • When you stop drifting you get a boost forward, this has to be changed so you get a boost into whatever direction you are drifting. When I am boosting / drifting backwards to avoid ram slads I don't want to end the boost and be catapulted into them but be catapulted further away from them. 
  • Engineering should enable you to use a main console in the foundry that lets you access all the different station from a single screen. The pull down animation might look nice but after 100 times it is simply annoying and the extra seconds it adds need to go. 
  • Cy always talks about incoming boarding parties. That great but when I am surrounded by 20 enemies and focused on taking down fighters its hard to spot them. So I suggest that Cy auto marks them for you when you reach a certain rank in Gunnery. 
  • The insane healing rates in Veil need to be toned down / fixed to their non broken values. 
  • Archwing cannon needs to also have a 360 degree of firing. I mean it still shoots you out of the front but you should be able to attack crew ships that are behind you too so the pilot doesn't have to always aim at the crew ships and can focus on other things. I mean right now the pilot could actually turn while you are in the firing animation of the launcher so the enemies is at 6 o'clock and you will still board them cause the path is locked in. So just add 360 degree aiming to it. 
  • Remove the rockets from the pilot station and instead give them control of the forward artillery cannon. The cannon relies heavily on the pilot so just give them control of it. 
  • Rockets are only available for the gunnery stations. 
  • Ordnance should also be included in the drop tables of enemies and not just be a Dojo specific thing. 
  • The Random stats of RJ equipment need to go or be severely adjusted. It feels like a complete joke to only get sub 25 avionics reactors from veil while the MK2 dojo reactor gives +30. Make mk1, mk2 and mk3 have non overlapping stat ranges so a mk3 equipment will always be better than an mk2 and not a downgrade like it is now. 
  • The leading targeting reticle you get from r1 or 2 of gunnery should display the range on targets. 
  • The targeting reticle when using the ice guns should turn more red the closer the enemies are until the max amount of damage the gun can deal is achieved. Its hard to gage the distance and the amount of dmg that will be lost to it.
  • Shields on the Railjack are a complete joke, idk how to fix that tho... then again I have only gotten 350ish mk3 shields so maybe they are actually good but mk2 dojo shield also gives 350 shield boost, so yeah fix your gear numbers to make sense please. 
  • The mod / avionics screen has to change dramatically. I know there a different rarities of the same avionic. Either rename them or make them color coded. I think they are color coded already but its BARELY noticeable unless you look closely. 
  • Same goes for the scrap screen. 
  • When selecting the avionics display their normal stats instead of their grid boosted stats. 
  • Rework the whole avionics grid so we have grid sections for each important internal component of the jack
  • When you enter your rialjack from the Liset and invite people to your lobby make them spawn inside your Railjack 

That's everything I could think off just now. 

EDIT: 

• When scrapping salvage give us resources instead of Dirac. Dirac gain from veil is great enough to not need any more of it from scrapping useless rolls. I mean I already have my WHOLE GRID at rank 3. 
Edited by ToniHD

Significant changes to shield effectiveness: 

1) Shields no longer grant 100% damage protection against incoming damage. They mitigate and take part of the damage instead.

2) While shields are up, both shields and hull constantly regenerate, instead of having a cooldown to regen. 

3) Ship would have a 'Defensive Capacitor' device. This would have a gauge of its own energy that would be consumed automatically when needed (repair hull and replenish shields) to help shield and hull regen faster. As it is gradually spent, shield and hull regen gradually slow down. The Defensive Capacitor would take a long time to replenish, or use of ship abilities.  

4) Give shields an innate ADAPTATION property, to make them not suck.

Reason: Shields would absorb the damage type they suffer damage from, and gradually "heat up"(in a good way) to become stronger against that damage type. Helps mitigating more incoming damage the more damage it takes.

Shield damage adaptation would fade but slowly and gradually. 

Avionics would allow the player to increase the Shield Adaptation speed (how much % it adapts per hit), Shield Adaptation time to fade, and size of Defensive Capacitor.

Edited by BrazilianJoe

Overall the railjack is a lot of fun.

I personally would have liked the controls/handling to be a bit different. What I guess you would call 6 degrees of freedom. And then also having an amount of thrust to use instead of having to actively move the thing the whole time. That way you could put it on a path and do something else on the ship. I also would have made it much slower to turn around. It's a big ship after all.

Gunners and pilots should be able to mark enemies.

I would also handle the failure differently. Instead of the mission failing 1 minute after losing all the health and not repairing, at low health stuff would start breaking. At that point you would start taking damage from all the fires on the ship and more and more enemies would start boarding. So instead of just failing the mission you would slowly be overwhelmed.

1 hour ago, data54 said:

Please give us the ability to mark enemy ships, a marker on a crewship is a lot easier to place/understand than writing in chat or attempting to navigate the L menu

indeed! same goes for the outraider ships that, even though not hard to destroy, are dangerous to the railjack more than normal fighter. and let the marking not only be from AW-mode but from inside the gunners/pilot position too.

One thing that bothers me is not having a ship layout map while in gunner mode. Not having a minimap of the ship while being a gunner means I can’t really tell when there are fires, boarders, etc. there is also no teamate health bars that you can enable while being a gunner.  You have a lot of information that you normally reference while playing as a Warframe that’s taken away from you when you sit in the gunner chair. I would suggest having teammates health bars stay and the minimap of the Railjack internals stay when you go into gunner mode.

• Like 2

Overall, I am enjoying Railjack more than I initially thought I would. Honestly its helping remove the foul taste that was left from the implementation of the Liches. Yes there are a number of bug, many graphical in nature, but thus far I am enjoying what I have seen. 

I wish there had been some sort of in-game "why" included. Why do we suddenly have access to the Railjack? WHY do we need the Railjack? etc.

I see a lot of people complaining about the resources required, I've only completed Earth proxima thus far, and that mainly joining other crews, but I dont really think all that much needs to be changed. I see this as a marathon, not a sprint. I dont expect to me maxed out on everything Railjack within a week, it SHOULD take longer. That said I think 2 changes would help a great deal.

• Increase vacuum range A LOT I'd like to see a 4x boost to the vacuum range while in space. 
  • REMOVE revolite as a requirement for the Omni tool OR lessen the frequency of which there is damage incurred that requires repair
  • Auto refine when warping to Drydock

Entering/Existing port/starboard turrent animations need to be sped up. I would also like to see some stabilization of the turret, having the turret point instantaneously in the direction of mouse movement is immersion breaking. The turrets should not be able to move that quickly, there should be a min range to target that the turret would be able to track. In conjuction with this I would like to see some sort of CWIS mod added that would provide some additional fire power against enemy ships that inside a set range of the ship, i.e. inside the range that turrets would be able to sucessfully track. 

I would like to see the directional heading of the ship slowly return to 0 with 0 mouse input. (One of the things that Anthem got right, eventually)

Not sure how I feel about RNG values to looted components, but I'm not to that stage of devlopment for my RJ yet. At first blush, I would say that stats should be fixed, but then again, RNG stats does provide an avenue for gains along a lenghter time period. 

The SCRAP screen NEEDS to indicate which mods you are currently using, and which are not. 

Need to figure out the loot bugs, there seems to be a lot of loot that goes missing. Need to be a way to cleanly leave a pug mission AND retain loot. 

17 minutes ago, Dlor said:

One thing that bothers me is not having a ship layout map while in gunner mode. Not having a minimap of the ship while being a gunner means I can’t really tell when there are fires, boarders, etc. there is also no teamate health bars that you can enable while being a gunner.  You have a lot of information that you normally reference while playing as a Warframe that’s taken away from you when you sit in the gunner chair. I would suggest having teammates health bars stay and the minimap of the Railjack internals stay when you go into gunner mode.

excellent point!

@[DE]Bear, @[DE]Rebecca

Overall Im enjoying Empyrean, but I wish I could access the regular Star Chart while in a Railjack. This would help it feel more like the "glue" you guys are trying to achieve. It would be fun to go fly through a destroyed Orokin Tower to pick up some new relics, and then seamlessly fly to a node to do a Fissure Mission, with the end of the mission putting us back on the Railjack to continue fighting baddies in space.

Are there any plans to have the regular Star Chart be accessible while on a Railjack?

According to the simalicrum an elite lancer has 200 alloy armour and 150 cloned flesh health. a railjack elite lancer (kosma, gyre, etc) has an equivilant 200 alloy armour and 2500 cloned flesh health. The disparity is absurd. Why do these enemies have 16x the normal health?  It is the same for other enemies. A regular "space marine" Butcher has 5 armour and50 health, a kosma butcher has 200 armour and 750 health. the enhanced corrupted butcher has 5 armour and 100 health. I've got no qualms with railjack specific progression myself, i recall what it was like years ago trying to progress in the starchart with a mk-1 braton and the slog to get my first decent euqipment and that is simply being repeated with the railjacks, but these infantry units are simply not scaed appropriately. weapons which i habitualy use for sorites and arbitrations, formerly touted as top level content feel like bargain bin toys. On a lighter note, besides the confusion over refining and the dubious value it adds i really see no issue with the forge as it stands, except maybe to add a remote access for solo players to avoid having to run around the ship so much.

-edit: also you can spawn crewships in the simalicrum with no way to get rid of them, as at 0 health they do not die.

Edited by BaneOfOrion

1. I don't like that the Omni requires Revolite to function. This makes it very stressful to play Railjack missions as I can only sustain the mission as long as I have Revolite. I would like to see the Omni either not require Revolite to function or that Revolite acts as a booster to the Omni's function so that the Omni can function at lower efficacy if I am empty on Revolite.

2. I wish the Forge automatically Refined upon return to the Dry Dock. I don't like having to remember to Refine before ending the flight because I have bad memory and I am used to Warframe automating resource collection at the end of any mission.

Empyrean and the Railjack are very cool and fun.

Thank you for your time.

I love railjack so far but the mission Kasio's Rest feels unplayable at the moment. Every time there is someone rushing to the assasination target to see if the weapon blueprint drops and if it doesnt everyone just disconnects. Please make the weapon blueprints an end of mission reward. This would prevent people from just leaving if it doesnt drop plus it would solve the issue of everyone having to collect it manualy.

So having gotten even further with Railjack, I feel like I should modify my initial feedback. I still stand by what I said earlier, just with some modifications.

On 2019-12-14 at 11:37 AM, Ceryk said:

Overall, I think Railjack is going to be a great addition to the game. Lot of great ideas overall... but right now I've got some major complaints...

Weapons

The weapons are trash. Don't get me wrong, the idea behind most of them is interesting... but status effects hardly seem to do anything. Never seen a "confused" ship turn on it's friends, they just keep shooting at me. The effects of Procs don't seem to last long enough to be meaningful either. You zap a ship with an electric gun and short out their system and they restart it seconds later. Neither of those Procs seem to give you any sort of CC that the Proc attached would suggest it should provide.

Overheating on many weapons beyond the default is just obscene. Honestly, I feel like I end up killing less enemies with an Apoc Mk2 than I do with an Apoc Mk0. The thing either overheats if you aren't paying attention and if you ARE paying attention, then you spend as much, or even less, time shooting than you would if you overheated and waited for cool down. Even with all sorts of bonuses from Intrinsics and Mods, it's too much.

I'd be okay with most of the damage on weapons if Procs actually were meaningful or you could actually keep them for more than 1 second before they overheated.

While actually finding Vidar and Lavan weapons instead of all that Zetki trash does make a huge difference, I still don't feel that the weapons are where they should be. Weapons feel like they need a bit more punch. Not talking anything crazy here, but taking down cannon fodder enemies like Cutters and that spinny missile ship that I can't remember the name of feels like it takes a bit too long given the fact that Flaks, Outraiders, and Crewships have special defenses that require extra consideration to take down. The other option there would of course be to lower the health of the cannon fodder enemies a bit. Given how difficult it is to hit a lot of enemies with a number of guns, a slight damage boost doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

And even given the fact that there are perks to lower heat accretion and boost max overheat, the Zetki weapons still seem like they have excessive overheat unless they are absolutely meant to be only used by max rank gunners on ships that are running maxed out Polar Coils. But that is kind of confusing given that Zetki weapons are the most common to find, but actually being able to use them properly requires you to put 511 points into Gunner and have a Piloting that not only has enough ranks to Drift but will also Drift frequently enough and when you need them to... I mean even with fairly high rank Polar Coils get dangerously close to overheating a lot and do overheat relatively often and I'm using Vidars.

Loot Drops are practically invisible

As the title says. I can technically spot them, but it's usually under specific circumstances like I am not the pilot or I am actively looking for them. But if you aren't doing active visual scanning to spot them, they are nearly invisible. They are also way too dim for any practical application. The shape of the glow makes them too easy to mistake for background stars. In the heat of combat, I've seen pilots fly by Wreckage and Mods countless times when I've been in the gunner seat. I've had a lot of missions fail because we couldn't get Cubics or Pustules because the pilot wasn't able to find any, partly do to the lack of ability to actually SEE where the loot is. Ships spin out of control and fly off in some direction, taking the loot further away from the Railjack. Explosions from the ships blowing up frequently pushes loot further away from where the ship exploded, so you can't exactly predict where it's going to end up even if you weren't constantly spinning around and chasing down enemy fighters.

Given how Railjack's mode is rendered, we aren't able to waypoint loot outside the ship since literally aren't even in that same physical space, which is why loot, particularly precocious wreckage, needs much stronger indicators. Wreckage REALLY needs Cy saying that he's detected wreckage and activating a waypoint on it.

This one I'm even more annoyed about now because I've had too many groups where the pilot doesn't seem like they make an effort to find loot because I'm not actually sure they know that all enemies drop loot because no one can see it. I've taken to exclusively piloting my own Railjack so that I know we don't fail a mission because the pilot isn't picking up loot and we run out of Revolite. Loot needs to be more visible and Cy needs to actively detect and mark Wreckage ASAP.

Enemy Damage = Hull & Shields largely meaningless

Enemy damage is just obscene. It's not that I'm calling for things to be made easier persay, it's just that things are to the point of ridiculousness right now. As it stands, only the absolutely most skilled at Archwing players with defensive Archwings stand a chance at surviving out there. The Railjack being swarmed by 20 ships doing obscene damage also makes the Railjack's hull and shields completely superfluous. At the end of the day, the ship's REAL HP the countdown timer during a catastrophic hull breach and how much Revolite the Engineer has. I was on a ship with 4k Hull and a ton of armor and the enemy eats through the shields and hull at the same rate they eat through the ones on my own ship, which has half the HP and probably 1/3rd the armor. So right now, it feels like Hull and Shields are largely there for the sake of convention rather than being a meaningful buffer between the poor player who has taken on the role of Engineer sealing catastrophic breaches. As someone who plays the Engineer role probably 75% of the time, I often find that the temporary invulnerability buff after sealing a catastrophic breach is a longer time period than how long it takes enemies to take down Railjack's defenses.

So either we need the number of enemy spawns toned down so that hull and shields are actually more effective than a wet piece of tissue paper vs an arrow or the damage needs to be toned down. The Engineering role is the single most demanding role in the game mode. Putting out fires, sealing breachs, killing boarding parties, and managing consumables. Making Shields and Hull actually be somewhat effective may also help deal with the Revolite complaints and make the Engineer role a little less frantic.

This is probably my largest opinion shift, but I still think it is somewhat true. Earth and Saturn Proxima sectors feel really rough while Veil Proxima feels more balanced. I think part of that is a progression curve problem and part of it is an equipment problem. Earth missions in particular should probably start off with even lower level enemies. And maybe the equipment problem will be solved by the clan research equipment that the first generation of Railjack pilots simply never had a chance to use because of that 3 day timer. But it feels like there maybe needs to be some adjustments here. Obviously not enough that people get used to feeling like they can abandon the ship and go do whatever they want and not assist the ship, but enough that maybe people feel like they are getting their feet wet first instead of being thrown into the deepend like a lot of people felt like.

With full rank 2 or 3 equipment, Veil Proxima doesn't feel too bad other than maybe the damage required to take down the cannon fodder, which goes back to the first issue of not feeling like weapons are doing quite enough damage or Cutters and Takwhatevers having a little too much health.

Edited by Ceryk
  • Like 2

Let us see the stats of railjack equipment in the clan research menu before we fabricate it. It is very difficult to tell whether it's actually better than the salvage I spent thousands of pustrels repairing, and I don't want to waste more precious pustrels to just build something that's worse than what I already have.

I found a Lavan Engine Mk I with a +9.9 km/h speed bonus in the description. I repaired it, it cost well over 2k pustrels, maybe over 3k, I don't really remember. Looking at the difference in speed from the basic Sigma Engine, the difference was MUCH MORE than that 9.9 km/h. Also, the ship speed is shown in m/s, so I had to do a unit conversion to even figure that out. Are the Lavan engines higher speed already, and that +9.9 km/h just a bonus? The Sigma Engine Mk I has "+10 km/h" in it's description, but it costs less to fabricate than the repairs on the Lavan engine.

This is all extremely confusing.

I apologize in advance for not reading all the previous responses. I just wanted to leave a little feedback about the new Railjack content. Maybe post something more substantial later.

A few things that right now are kind of annoying and I don't know if this has been addressed yet, or perhaps it might be a bug, but...

1) It would be nice if we could leave squad like in Orb Vallis/Plains of Eidolon or have a "Screw you guys, I'm going home" button and be spawned in our own instances or dropped back to our orbiters when we're done with doing missions so we're not hostages to the host. I know people say you can just leave squad/abort mission after the host starts a new mission, but I tried once in the past, got a "Mission Failed" screen and lost all progress, so I don't exactly trust that method. Maybe losing progress was a bug in that case? Dunno.

2) This also goes in the hostage/slave labor category, but not getting to vote as a squad on additional queued missions, kind of sucks. If we had the ability to vote, then anyone could interact with navigation and request a mission and the rest of the squad could decide on whether or not they want to go do that one. Or, if we can leave squad without losing progress, that would be less of an issue however. 

3) If we're outside the Railjack and are collecting resources, we shouldn't lose progress if left behind. I had a troll of a host in which we finished the mission...he and another went outside to collect resources after the mission. They waited until I started help collect resources then rushed back into the Railjack and selected to head back to Dry Dock. There wasn't any way without that recall skill to return to the ship that quickly and I ended up being ported back onto the ship and the mission ended with a "Mission Failed" screen with all the progress lost. This isn't a very good way to encourage people to help collect loot at the end of the mission. I've since just stayed on the ship after a mission run with PUGs and let the others collect resources and take the risk of being left behind. Once again, uncertain if the loss of mission progress was a bug or if that was intentional for getting ditched in space. 😛

4) Can you also have living companions stop "following" us when we disembark from the Railjack in space? We should be teaching them that the vacuum of space isn't very conducive to living. Every time I leave the Railjack my Kavat is listed as "DEAD"...and magically resurrects when I board the Railjack.

Edited by CedarDpg
  • Like 1

If the feedback thread from the Old Blood is any indication, DE is going to ignore 90% of all this feedback that almost everyone seems to agree on, cherry pick a couple things that nobody is asking for, serve it up to us and say "We listened to your feedback."  Not even sure what the point of these forums are anymore.  That said, I'll say I agree with community consensus on most of the complaints and critiques.  I will add a minor point I don't see mentioned.

The crew.  Their only point seems to be off-duty maintenance and repair.  They are locked into place, non interactive, and non-immersive.  They are about as interesting as the relay NPC's.  What's more, they vanish the minute you go into mission.  I would like to see them bring the ship to life.  Give them pathing, have them mill about checking this and that.  In mission, have them exist in some capacity.  Maybe give them latos and let them help repel invaders.  Let them repair hull ruptures, put out fires, etc.  There is some balance to consider in all that, but whats the point of having this NPC crew that does nothing but loiter on your ship between missions, pretending to fix things, but as soon as their is actual action and things need to be repaired, they are nowhere to be found?

Anybody is suffering problerms with their accounts after the last patch?!

I played a bit this morning and one quick Raijack match before taking a nap (was destroyed after working all morning) and when tried to log in this afternoon the game says "Account banned until Jan 01, 2035 due to EULA violations", already send a support ticket 1 hour ago and still nothing and in case anybody is wondering:

* Have a good amount of platinum, so no negative numbers.

* Dont use any third party software wthatsover

* Dind´t fight with other users like... never.

I was wondering if something broke in the game with the last path?? After 520+ log ins I´m baffled and worried about this!!

In no particular order:

The tactical interface is wonky.

• Until I was directly told about it by one of the players, I never had any idea that the tactical interface is under the L button. I expected it to be on the minimap or tab.
  • Active buttons are too small.
  • The minimap should be static and held in place, as right now it slides up and down depending on your position on the railjack, messing with the teleport icon placement. Instead of small buttons for warping, ideally the entire minimap region that the points are in should be clickable to warp to the desired ship section. (I'm not saying you should be able to warp anywhere on the map with precision, just that every part of the map should be clickable to warp to a hotspot in that area.)
  • The mouse cursor tends to get lost in the visual noise - maybe add orthogonal lines to it to guide the player's sight to the cursor?
  • You should be able to see which and how many intrinsics your team members have, to know what they can do and what they can't, to know which orders to give to whom - which brings us to the most important point:
  • The orders you send via the tactical interface seem to mostly just go unnoticed, which brings endless frustration. I asked many random players I got teamed up with, and most of them didn't even realize I was sending any commands. They weren't ignoring them on purpose, just not registering them, as the commands were getting lost between the rest of Cy's chatter. Some of Cy's word choices also don't imply any kind of urgency. The commands should be more readable for the receiving player, possibly paired with on-screen text and/or accompanied by a distinct audio cue. Though how to make them more noticeable but not overbearing will be a balancing act.
  • The orders wheel should ideally not be a clone of the gear wheel with half the space empty, but its own thing, with orders having larger segments that occupy every segment of the wheel with no dead space left. Makes it quicker to navigate and harder to misclick. The icons are also pretty much going for style instead of any readability, requiring the player to mouse over each icon to see what it does. At least some color coding would be appreciated.
  • The order wheel being fully contextual and dependent on the receiving player's position is nice, but sometimes it lacks options. For example, I can't tell a player aboard the railjack to eject and go for a crewship/objective. Or, while I can tell a remote player to "Return", I can't specify whether it's because I would like one more gunner, or because the ship is on fire and we have 10 seconds until game over. 
  • This is probably obvious and mentioned many times already, but you should be able to mark things, ideally even have the marker system and the order wheel integrated together, so that you could highlight a point of interest and relay an order concerning it - kill a crewship, board an objective, etc. For reference, Apex Legends did an absolutely amazing job at this, though I can only imagine how much work and testing it took.
  • More specific orders would be useful: forge a specific type of item, loot for specific resources, etc. For example, "Board Ship" is too vague, does it refer to the railjack or a crewship?
  • A simple yes-no response that the order's recipient can send back to the commander, if it's possible to make it unintrusive.

The forge:

• The forge should have a visual display of when it's in use, and how much time is left until it can be used again. 
  • The opening animation, while short, quickly gets on the nerves, especially when you're checking one forge after another to find a free one. The menu should ideally appear as soon as the button is pressed, with the animation playing in the background.
  • I'm not sure if forge resources are auto-refined when going back to the drydock, but if not, they should be.
  • I feel that the engineering perk that enhances refinement output should be a passive that applies to the entire team if any one member has it. That way you don't feel like you're losing out when you have your hard earned perk, but someone else initiates refinement. Even if know you're not losing much, the feeling is still there.
  • The forge warp point should probably drop you a little bit closer to the actual forges.

Misc:

• The hotspot for boarding ships and stations should specifically say "Board Railjack", "Board Crewship", etc, instead of the general "Board Ship". A couple times I was in a cycle of exiting and boarding a station several times because the railjack was parked too close to the station entrance and I couldn't know which "Board Ship" hotspot was for the railjack.

Suggestions:

• There should probably be a mechanic for the railjack to eventually start accelerating when going in a straight line for a prolonged time, not enough to be useful in combat, but enough to make crossing from one end of the map to the other, if needed, less boring.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, DariusMcSwag said:

@[DE]Bear, @[DE]Rebecca

Overall Im enjoying Empyrean, but I wish I could access the regular Star Chart while in a Railjack. This would help it feel more like the "glue" you guys are trying to achieve. It would be fun to go fly through a destroyed Orokin Tower to pick up some new relics, and then seamlessly fly to a node to do a Fissure Mission, with the end of the mission putting us back on the Railjack to continue fighting baddies in space.

Are there any plans to have the regular Star Chart be accessible while on a Railjack?

They stated in an interview that they wanted to do just that. 

Avionics upgrading UI doesn't really confuse me, but it takes a little more effort than it should when trying to compare mods. If you're trying to see if a new mod has better stats than an old you have to do the math to figure out what the value per rank is. Maybe another line that says something like "+X% whatever per rank" under the calculated total effect would be nice.

The scrapping interface could use a marker for "installed", too.