Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack General Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

I strongly feel the variance on the primary parts for railjack is too wide of a spread.

I am not wild about the concept of seeking the best item forever, but the reality of having rank 2 items be superior to rank 3 ( and I mean strictly superior, in every way) is a pretty bad feeling.  With no indication whatsoever what the spreads are, and such relatively low drop rates for the pieces, it is all but guaranteed that the first few  pieces crafted of a given slot will be bad, or at least be pretty disappointing to the player.  Considering these are currently perhaps 5 hour grinds to create, that feels needlessly punishing.

I understand the value in never feeling that a drop might not be better than what you have, but I have absolutely seen rank 3 reactors with 2.5 times the stats as other ones- and heard about ones with even greater deltas.  That level of pure randomness is discouraging.

Really? We are farming missions that takes 20min+ on veil for a radom drop of wrekage from a table of other garbage resources. AND this wrekage has a GREAT difference on stats such as damage, avionic capacity(40 to 99, the upper limit is more than two times of the lower). Is that your strategy to keep players playing your superior ALL-ARE-THE-SAME railjack missions? No more trash rnd stuff plz, do not force everyone to play that fifth game on steam statistics

I've been having a blast playing Railjack. Big Thank you DE for such awesome job overall. Yes, it needs tweaks, fixes, and balance passes, but overall the concept is fantastic. And that quest.. the new tile set .. OMG.

To the point thou:

I'm currently trying to farm for a few things I want to get my hands on, and this of course means repeating missions over and over ( as is normal with Warframe ). I would like to suggest a couple QoL changes to make the repetition process less clumsy:

a) Auto refill Payload from Railjack's owner inventory at the end of mission and upon arriving at dry dock. The way it is currently, has a few issues, especially when playing with randoms: Usually someone will hit refine at the end of the mission, which basically means we can't continue to do more missions - have to get back to Dry Dock to restock; When arriving at Dry dock, the host has to leave Railjack to restock. That usually results in random players leaving squad because they think the run is over..

b) Please, for the love of the Void, give us a better way to manage Wreckage drops. I have quite a few items that I don't want to lose, which basically results in having to go back to the Dry Dock each time I complete a Veil Proxima mission because of the cap on how many wreckages we can have, check out what I got, scrap, build, whatever. This breaks the "farming" flow. I don't know the solution to this, but I would like to just keep going on missions when farming and not having to go back to the Dry Dock every time ..

Thanks for listening!

Edited by Vit0Corleone
typo

Even after the patches to he drop notifications, there is still 1 major flaw. Those notifications clog up really fast, to the point where you can get a notification about the resource that was already used, giving you a false hope and wasting time when you are running to the forge trying to use something you no longer have. So I'm giving here a very crude solution to this problem: constant live feed from the forge resources like in the picture I'm providing.

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

If you absolutely don't want to implement this quality of life improvement, perhaps tie it up to tactical or engineering intrinsics at one of the early levels? Win-win.

So. Is Railjack suppose to be a massive middlefinger to every soloclan? Just to replicate the MK I versions of the reactor, shields and engines I'd need 7.5k titanium but I barely have 1.2k without booster. Also playing Railjack solo, since no friends and socially akward, if that has something to do with it, well S#&$.

Edited by GameOrDerp
Edit: After taking a second look at the research panel, you need salvage and what not to RESEARCH but titanium to REPLICATE

10 minutes ago, GameOrDerp said:

So. Is Railjack suppose to be a massive middlefinger to every soloclan? Just to research the MK I versions of the reactor, shields and engines I'd need 7.5k titanium but I barely have 1.2k without booster. Also playing Railjack solo, since no friends and socially akward, if that has something to do with it, well S#&$.

Yes. I mean, it's right there in the ship. 

Their intent is pretty clear - this is not solo content, nor even solo-friendly content. They may deliver the AI crews eventually, but given the current issues I think that's far in the future. I have a 5-person clan, and it's a brutal slog even though I'm fortunate to at least have a couple people who want to run it. 

30 minutes ago, GameOrDerp said:

So. Is Railjack suppose to be a massive middlefinger to every soloclan? Just to research the MK I versions of the reactor, shields and engines I'd need 7.5k titanium but I barely have 1.2k without booster. Also playing Railjack solo, since no friends and socially akward, if that has something to do with it, well S#&$.

It's not something you can spec into yet, but the Command Intrinsic tab already shows up. I expect it to be up and running after their vacation. Hasn't started yet AFAIK, but it usually ends around January 2nd. They are working on an AI crew, and it should make running solo much more viable. 

Also, there are better MK1 stuff that is fairly cheap. I've run a solo clan for most of my play time, but even without help I was able to research(not build), everything at MK1 and MK2. Due to this I assume you mean building the stuff. I've already gotten a MK1 Reactor and Shield built from Lavan, and they didn't take more than a few days to get the resources. I know you say you are socially awkward, but try joining a group even if you don't talk to them. As long as you are doing your job you will be fine. Random groups do fail from time to time, but more and more people are getting the hang of this mode.

If you want any help I'd be glad to do so if we are ever on at the same time. 

44 minutes ago, GameOrDerp said:

As someone who's also been solo-clanning this, some helpful notes!

• Researching these parts requires regular, non-Railjack resources. You only need Titanium to build them for yourself once they're researched, and building those Sigma components is actually cheaper than repairing the randomly generated "wreckage" versions you'll pick up in missions. 
  • Once you've built a Railjack component, you can scrap it to get the materials back if you find a better one you'd like to build instead.
  • The latest update massively buffed Titanium drops, and they drop from asteroids (the small, glowy ones) -- so if you can get through any mission at all, you can reliably hoover up a ton if you hang out and mine the area for a bit. (Which is something I'd rather do solo, honestly, since I'd feel like I'm wasting everyone else's time otherwise.)

And as someone who was worried that they'd be locked out of Railjack content because they're a fairly solitary gamer, it's... not actually that bad? I was imagining a "voice comms mandatory" style of teamwork where everyone has to be working pretty closely in sync... but for the most part it's not too bad, and once people know the basics of the game mode they can usually figure out what they need to be doing without too much trouble.

It's the "Forge Resources" that have been giving me much more trouble to collect, honestly, which brings me to...

. . . 

Actual Feedback: Am I missing something, or are Cubic Diodes the only Forge Resource with substantial in-map deposits? 

The map has these "destructible disk in a green cloud" formations that reliably have a ton of free-floating Cubic Diodes around, so I'm consistently swimming in Diodes... but as far as I can tell, I don't think there are any equivalents for the other Forge Resources, so I'm not sure if there's anything specific I can do if I specifically need a ton of Copernics or Pustrels.

It'd be nice if there was some more parity around this -- or if there is already parity and I've just missed it, some kind of signpost for where other resource deposits might be.

Edited by Audbot
Clarified "these are cheaper to build" comment slightly.
  • Like 1

Feels like a majorly $&*^ move to require 15 argon crystals for the building of the railjack when any you gather in preparation would expire before you finished the second part even. They're kind of just sprung on you like all the other resource costs, only these ones you specifically have to grind out pretty much On the day you get the mission to build the part. Already waited and farmed like a week to get it made already, this really just feels like blatant progression stopping grindwalls for the sake of just making people wait till things are fixxed

4 minutes ago, MoistBuudha said:

Thanks for locking a story quest and a weapon weve been waiting ages for behind rng and timegates.
Great job!

Hey, it's very Destiny-esque. Weapon infusion for lich guns, a Whisper-of-the-Worm like quest...

DE learning from the best.*

* May or may not be the best. Results atypical. If timegating lasts for more than 4 hours, consult your physician. 

Empyrean so far:

- Amazing concept and very cool feelings.

- Very satisfying fluidity/transitions between in-Railjack activity, Archwing, and grounded missions.

- Insane grind requirements (that leads to borderline pay-to-win and burnout/overdose of the game mode)

- Insane resources costs for building components of your ship.

- Insane exponential costs for Intrinsics above level 5 Intrinsics.

- All weapons except Cryophon(which is only decent) are rubbish in terms of DPS (i'm not even talking about MK1 and MK2 tier, because they are below that). Why are random enemies so long to kill, when we are used in Warframe to wield superior technology? Also, the "overheat" mechanics of the guns must calm down A LOT. Spending more time waiting for your guns to cool down than shooting at enemies, and shooting "auto/beam" weapons in bursts of 2s then waiting 4s to avoid overheat (making them no longer "auto/beam", but burst weapons)  are pretty solid signs that something is wrong with your "superior/advanced race" technology and gunplay rules.

- 0 drops of wreckage of "Missiles Launcher" (middle-click mouse) in ~80 missions. Why so low?

- Battle Avionics are slot-exclusive. Why so confusing/unusual behavior compared to all other avionics? I thought for my whole progression that I didn't have any (since i have none for the first slots, and the others don't appear) >_<

- the healing greenish bubles deployed by the CrewShips at higher levels are a real pain for the eyes. The maps of Railjack & Space in general are really harsh for the eyes already with the alternation of dark & dazzling backgrounds, but these bubles explosion/implosion are really not nice. The facts that they are coded to explode in front of you starts to make your eye cones bleed, then you must search them with attention to shoot at them because they turn semi-invisible when diminishing, then they implode and burn to a cinder your dilated pupil ; this must change.

My suggestions:

- all components of the ship should be cheaper in time investment than building the Railjack itself(i'm speaking about the resource-gathering part; the crafting time is ok and needed for the incentive of a Repair Drone). Most of them should not be a major repeated problem to build/repair. Maybe that the investment to build our own personal Railjack should be a bit higher in the process, without being insane of course. But the cost for them is currently too high for what they are.

- all wreckages should give a decent amount of resources if we scrap them (inferior, of course, to a fully built/repaired item): this should be a major way to obtain resources.

- the progression for Intrinsics should be linear, not exponential, and each additional "level" should not require more than ~5 missions to acquire for the highest ones. Let me explain: by making the perks so hard to obtain, you're making them the goal of the Railjack game-mode, when the goal should be to have fun. Currently, the grind is so high to get to Intrinsic level 10 in 1 area, that achieving it will burnout/disgust most people of the game-mode (and we must do that 5 times for all talent areas?!?). A player wants to enjoy the abilities that the Intrinsics offer while playing the Railjack and facing some challenge, not to be nauseated even before s/he gets them! Also, unlocking 100+points of Intrinsics takes a lot of time, giving us the impression that we don't progress. I also think that 1 mission should grant the same amount of Intrinsic points for all the team. Points should not be different from a player to another, to avoid selfish Intrinsic farming behaviors during a mission (afk players should not receive Intrinsic at all).

- Buff all the weapons DPS. And make the "overheat" mechanics something that we have to care about only occasionally. We have enough things to deal with in space and enemies flying in every directions, with fire coming from everywhere, to be spared of overzealous heating every 1s.

- I suppose you introduced RNG stats on components and insane grind requirements to keep the players in the Railjack game mode (and maybe an incentive to spend some platinum?). Well, even with my suggestions, i think you can easily encourage us to play it for an even longer time and still find ways to propose more microtransactions that will not induce p2w & burnouts. Once we will have pretty much all Intrinsic talents maxed, without insane efforts, what could interest us in doing Railjack missions?

1. The fun and pleasure to benefit from our superior talents and technology over the enemies, and not having run this map for decades.
  2. optimizing our gear with stat tweaks that WE can control and that are not random: allow us to customize the default dojo components (sigma) with various modifiers to be on par with the wreckage we can find in missions. Obtaining this modifiers could require using out Intrinsic perks, missions with special conditions, etc.
  3. interesting/worthy rewards that are not exclusively bound to Railjack missions (Forma Umbra are a good example) and that are not insanely rare.
  4. opportunities to get free cosmetics once we've mastered an Intrinsic area
  5. etc

- allow us to progress (Intrinsic points) and earn interesting rewards (all tiers) from every node/planets of the Railjack Starchart. If only a planet offers the best progression, challenge and rewards, all the playerbase will be on it, and all the rest will be desert except noobs unlocking the path. This is a big problem with the regular starchart already. Every node should be a valuable option. For that, maybe that the level of the enemies should be tied somehow to the level of the Railjack equipment (theirs guns to our hull, and their hulls to our gunnery), wreckage tier to the enemy type, and Intrinsic points earnings ~the same everywhere, rather than relative to the planet itself.

- QoL requests:

1. Avionics to revive distant downed allies somehow (with some risk for yourself/the ship involved). Currently, given the sizes of the maps and all simultaneous activities, a death in these missions means that you'll have to revive yourself. Level 10 Tactical Intrinsic is too hard to obtain.
  2. Either an Avionic or a Tactical Intrinsic perk (i recommend level 2) or Engineering perk (level 1) to allow scanning targets (for the Codex) while aiming them with any of the Railjack turrets.
  3. a build-in way for side-turrets gunners to "suck loot" unseen by the pilot (when they'd aim vaguely in the direction of a loot, they'd see "press X to collect resource", for example). This "lost loot" happens a lot and require to collect it at the end of the mission, which is annoying and a significant loss of time and/or loot. This ability could be acquired by the pilot him/herself through the Piloting Intrinsic progression.
Edited by Yaerion
  • Like 1

Spoiler

There is a new issue that I just experienced thanks to the way some players are and the way the drops for the Shedu work. Players are joining missions when the ship is up rushing the anomaly objective and then leaving the mission so other players end up joining a mission to find that the anomaly that they were trying to match make for was already cleared so they lose that chance to get any chances at weapon drops. This needs to be fixed quickly so the players that are joining and leaving just to clear the anomaly do not cheat other players out of a chance at this content. I guess locking people out of additional anomalies that cycle if they abort after clearing it without completing the mission is about the only way to punish those type of players. I am just irritated that I basically lost any chance at weapon drops this cycle thanks to the people that cleared it and left so I got put in a mission with the anomaly already done ><.

Well, overall, after almost a week and 6 fixes i can say things that, i think, i like the most and dislike.

+ Cephalon Cy rivals Ordis in every way, and that's good (like his quotes so far, give him more screentime on next quests alongside woth Ordis)

+ Slingshot is very satisfying!

+ Easy to learn gamemode and not that much of a grind, i would say (spend 5 years farming Brakk and get Kuva version from my firsh Lich. Yay!)

- Slingshot damages enemy ships better then 3/4 of rail-guns tho, that's a minus.

- If you go archwing recharging speed of archguns is veeery slow atm (like, 3 rounds per second or so, probably a bug)

- "Healing orbs" from crewships killing my eyes sometimes but at least i can see them and kill 'em, they annoy me cuz MY healing globe from Amesha doesn't work properly and sometimes enemies will have this healing buff forever (barely can outdamage it with MK III guns from whole team)

- More explanation how archguns now works in Railjack, especially fixing that with mixed status types (so far they kinda don't work in space, but pure-one-element builds is kinda good (buff Heat DoT please)

The gamemode itself is good and there is potential (a lot of it) and i see that all that rawness and bugs was because of DE teasing us with New War (which i like). Also not all of the loot has insta-share feature (especially that with away-crew with railjack-crew) and fixing that will speed-up a lot os mission (also increasing pick-up range or giving us some tool to find the loot). I hope that this feedback will be useful.

Also archwing (except amesha) survivability is killing me sometime (ha!)

Спойлер

Where is my Zephyr Deluxe? i've been waiting for too long! DE, please, make her style in Dax or something like that, would be cool.

Edited by Toa_Dohaes
Gramma

I saw that you can buy Wreckage slots (or rather, it's called something along the lines of "Railjack Components & Armament Slots"), and I thought that THAT is how you get up to the 30 slot cap. But apparently this is beyond the 30 slot cap? Due to that, I clicked buying those slots a little bit too many times (my own bad, yeah) - but I have no actual clue how many slots I have. Any chance we can be allowed to see our slot cap amounts? (So I also know if I'd like to ask for a refund due to clear overpurchasing)

1 hour ago, Toa_Dohaes said:

+ Cephalon Cy rivals Ordis in every way, and that's good (like his quotes so far, give him more screentime on next quests alongside woth Ordis)

Oh god...please no. While they're new, they might be interesting, but after a few months, they'd just get kind of annoying. At least for me, and probably many others.

Though...hmmm. Maybe what they should do is record a bunch of sessions of all the cephalons and map bosses bickering/arguing with each other for 5-10 minute stints too... And then they could play them randomly once every 20-40 minutes game time...and make them unmuteable. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Lotus: Tenno, you must punish that ugly tincan flamethrowing lamer!

Ordis: Yeah! Yeah! Punish him! With weapons and death!

Alad V: Be sure to save me parts so I can add them to my amalgams!

Lotus: Hey, who said you could talk on this chan...

Sargus Ruk: HEY! I heard that! I'm offended by your insults!

Lotus: You get off this channel too!

Sargus Ruk: Why should I? You should've encrypted your communications better... Y'know for an A.I., you didn't do a good job at it...

Ordis: Hmmm, you know...he's right... Also, we should talk about the security of the encryption on your emails...

Lotus: Shut it! Ordis, I'll deal with you later... And you! Ruk and Alad, if you don't get off comms RIGHT now...I'm going to build a firewall around you two!

Ordis: Build the wall! Build the wall! And make the Sentinels pay for it!

Lotus: ORRRRDISSSS!! Ahem, yes, we're going to make the Origin System great again! And we're starting by adding tariffs to all your Hexanon and Orokin Cells!

Etc. etc. So many possibilities!

Please make it so that the Pilot can't see ally Warframes/Companions when they get into the same space. Too many times I've had players troll me by positioning themselves in a way that makes their Sentinel block my view, since it ends up right in front of my camera.
I've also had players use their weapons (like the Ogris with Nightwatch Napalm) spam the main windshield, blocking my view with a bunch of explosion and fire effects.

(I would post my screenshots as examples, but I can't figure out how to post screenshots without using "Insert Image from URL")

Either make them/their weapon effects invisible to Pilots, or give the Host the option to kick teammates that do this kind of troll horsecrap.

Edited by BurningPenguin6

1) We need enemies to drop energy orbs at a decent rate like in archwing missions or give archwings a better energy/sec regen. (maybe make Energy Siphon 0.6energy/sec (Doubed for Archwings))? Having only enough energy for 1-2 abilities every few minutes just makes playing the game mode in archwing a lot less fun overall.

2) Throwing my 2 cents into the "revert back to hitscan" or at least give +100-200% more flight speed than what we have now. Especiially Fluctus, as it stands enemies can fly faster than the fluctus's projectiles meaning its pretyy much impossible to shoot them with that weapon.

3) Add Experimental Archwing mode back. The experimental mode was Awesome in the grineer Asteroid tilesets since they were big open spaces, but a bit more annoying in the cramped coridoors of the corupus tilesets. Now that we have huge maps (20kmx20km ish??) the full degree of movement from experimental mode would have been in its element here . . . no idea who's idea it was to remove it, but; bad decission.

4) "Balance" enemy armour on the new ships. 

5) lower the recast on "Blink" by about 0.4 - 0.5 seconds. I can perfectly understand why it was nerfed as it was broken, but as it stands now, spending 2-5 minutes traveling in a  straight line towards an objective in missions is only just berable right now as emperian is new content, but after 5missions? 50 missions? 500missions? It will definatly cause the gamemode to become severely hated over time.

These are the main issues I feel that need to be looked into as a prioroty.

• Like 2

Ok, I'm going to make a lot of gripes, but they're purely that, gripes. The fundamental gameplay loop for railjack is so solid. 

All of the archwings apart from the amesha seem like paper. Once I get to saturn, I can't board a crewship or objective without getting blown up without using slingshot. 

Also, there needs to be a UI distinction between refined and un-refined resources (carbides, pustrels, diodes and coppernics). It is incredibly confusing that I can board a ship, find a chest full of pustrels, then teleport back to my ship only to find I can't craft more omni as the resources I find onboard enemy crew ships come pre-refined and go straight to inventory. This was a big hurdle for me to understand the system. The failstate for railjack missions is running our of resources to craft enough omni to make repairs, this entire system needs to be clearer, it didn't get much attention in the devstreams and buildup (I guess because engineering isn't as sexy) and the system has little in the way of tutorial.

Also, all resources found by away teams needs to be shared. It's really awkward in the galleon missions for the away team to hit the target, mark if they drop a BP and then have everyone else trek through the ship to find it after the mission. (This may have been fixed already, I haven't done many galleons)

The fact that the optimal way to get resources from a mission is to be 5 minutes of action then 20 minutes of farming resources is also a mistake. There needs to be an option to leave the ship once you've completed the objective with all your loot intact rather than being forced to wait for the rest of your crew to gather resources. This also ties into the idea that it might be nice to alter loadouts between missions.

• Like 1