Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack General Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

There seems to be a bug where the Avionics remove themselves while the Railjack is in the Dry Dock. I've had to reintegrate them on at least two occasions.

There's a bug where the colors and wear/tear scale of my Railjack gets changed. I've had to change the color scheme back twice now.

There's a bug where sometimes when entering a crewship, my weapons perform like they don't have mods installed. It fixes itself when you leave the crewship and come back but it's made my weapons practically useless when I need them.

Sometimes when getting on the forward artillery, the camera will clip into the floor between the cockpit and the forward artillery seat which can be fixed by just backing out of the seat and trying again. Though, sometimes it does it more than once.

Sometimes when I start repairs on a part, it disappears from my inventory which leads to a loss of resources. Edit:This seems to be a UI issue as scrapping another wreckage makes the vanished one appear again.

And finally, doors on the Railjack sometimes open but don't let me walk through them. It's only happened to me once, I was still able to shot into the adjacent room, and there doesn't seem to be a way to fix this in-game which led me to just aborting the mission but I think I heard someone say something about it probably having to do something with high ping.

Edited by Adam-De-Locke

can we get a button to lock our homing stuff to a target?

its a pain in the ass that you lock on into that mine dropping ship and ready to launch that big homing missile to them just to get disrupted by a fighter flying by and resetting the homing on the original target

The base speed for the boats are not exactly record breakers but 300m/s with bursts of 600m/s would be fine for combat... if we were getting 300m/s as advertised. Basic observation on an objective waypoint paints the base speed closer to 100-150 m/s, not even walking pace in other space ship-focused titles. The venerable I-WAR comes to mind with recommended engagement speeds of 500m/s, with interceptions being done at 1000m/s or more.

Intentional or not, there's very little point in bringing the Railjack to the objective if it's not brought there through serendipity of dancing with enemy fighters. It's far faster to blink over to the base/ galleon in your archwing and do both inside and outside objectives without fire support of the ship, something that goes against the original showcase of boarders being supported by the railjack's main forward gun, implying it could get close enough.

As for now, we have a glorified mobile bunker.

En 6/12/2019 a las 21:51, ixidron92 dijo:

Seriously, Railjack being a 4 player gamemode with so many menial things to do sounds like a joke.

You have 4 players for: 2 turrets, 1 pilot, 1 big cannon, 2 forges, 1 archwing catapult, dealing with boarding parties, fixing hull breaches, putting out fires, farming resources live, boarding enemy ships, fighting in archwing mode alongside the railjack... 

Do the math DE. Too many things, not enough hands. In what universe do you think people will bother with the menial tasks? Everyone is gonna want to use the cannons or blast things in archwing mode, not play firefighter.

I can't believe how prophetic this turned out to be. Like I said, people just ignore everything but catastrophic breaches. Why wouldn't they? You become invulnerable for 60 seconds + another 10 after repairing it. It's actually beneficial.

Seriously DE, do the math. There aren't enough players to take care of everything at once. So, all those fires and microfractures are just there as a simple annoyance, nothing more. And the fact that putting out fires wastes a resource you need to fix critical breaches, only serves to reinforce the notion of ignoring everything but those.  Hell, fixing all those problems only handicaps you and might actually fail the mission if you run out of resources because of that fact. Might as well get rid of fires, electric fires and microfractures.

The crewship healing should be disabled until the following is done:

1. Make it visible and vulnerable to clients, not just the host
2. Make it not work outside its range, at all
3. Make it not be so powerful.
4. Make it not be used more than once by each crew ship

Crew Ships are mechanics locked and fighters have absurd amounts of health, making this part of the veil a slog already (with Mk3 weapons).

The ability doesn't even make narrative sense.
The Grineer somehow have a nanite healing field that knits together fighters from critical to fixed in a matter of seconds without any material in the vicinity?
I could maybe see upcoming sentient fighters and ships do this, but not the Grineer!

• the forward artillery should be used by the pilot only and the missiles instead only for the gunnery positions. that is much more logical and efficient since the pilot have to face the railjack toward the target for the artillery anyway.  also having either one crewmember wasting time inside the forward arti-section or having the pilot to change seat after aligning the ship is far too tedious.
  • it would help if we could teleport within the ship between those active points directly instead of beside them (meaning: from pilot to gunnery position to artillery and even directly into the slingshot, if those positions are empty atm) all those animation of getting in and out are nice, but takes far too much time. maybe adding this to some intrinsics would be an option.
  • the slingshot, while stil should fire only forward, should give the player inside a 360° view and the ability to 'mark' a target upon which to launch as soon as in range and angle to it - maybe even show the desired mark to the pilots gui, so she/he can get the ship into position to it. again, this could be made part of an intrinsics too.
  • the forge should be operatable via the tactical screen when having a certain engineering intrinsics - ofc, meaning all 4 forge-stations. the animation for the use of the forge is also too long - having one console in the hold-area from which one can operate all four forges would be more usefull than having to operate each one individually (that is beside the idea of putting the forge opertion into the tac-screen and should be for all players regardless of the intrinsics-rank). also, even though a bug, i'll mention that the use of the forges right now add to the 'ciphers failed' value in the player profiles stats...
  • a option to put defense turrets inside the railjack to help against boarder would be nice - especially on the bridge and the gunnery room since players inside those positions have a hard time noticing being attacked (which is a bit silly imo). beside that, having ones own or even the partys health information while in the guns or at the helm would be nice - not sure why you removed them there in the first place...
  • disabled bases should stop sending out ramsledges toward the railjack. galleons should have an optional objective to disable the ship too and therefore stopping missiles and ramsledges too. crewships that are disabled but not distroyed (all crew killed incl. pilot and the two gunner) shouldn't be able to still send out those healing-orbs in the veil missions - they even do this when the ship is captured!
  • railjacks payloads should automatically restocked when traveling back to the dojo if the player has the necessary resources. the dojo-restocking should make use of the intrinsics too, that only work for the forge atm.
  • conducting multiple missions with the RJ without returning to the dojo should give some additional benefits.
Edited by fr4gb4ll
+++
  • Like 1

After some time spent on missions, I have had these ideas so far:

• Make the frontal shot (the one that tends to one-shot crew ships) ignore or punch trough any tiny object in the way. Happened to hit titanium resources more than once (and really far away, could not see them being.. in the way) while trying to hit this unmissable enemy
  • Add some kind of autoloot for everything if the enemy/resource was killed by the railjack itself using its weaponry. Not AW, just the RJ. This would prevent losing desired avionics when killing something very far away, since (at least I) there is no way to see something floating that far away, and/or;
  • Add some highlight to resources floating far away, or waypoint if the pilot is facing in the direction with some angle to start showing this waypoint of interest. It doesn’t have to be precise, just “Resource” or “Avionic” over there, something like that
  • Make the cargo you update in the dojo be modified by engineering rank, like in mission sessions
Edited by Echoes
it always has to have an edit...
  • Like 1

The low rate of Shedu parts dropping off sentinents in the veil Proxima, is often making a large number of players head straight to the ship at the start of the mission, run through the sentinent ship, see no Shedu parts drop (or even a part they don't have) and then abandon the mission as often they do not want to waste time doing the mission..Which in itself isn't so much a problem, the problem is host migration and the timed nature of the sentinent ship often breaks match making, such that by the time a group has cleared the ship, any lone player left has to complete the entire mission on their own! Which may be on a ship far less powerful than their own and create a massively unnecessarily long and difficult mission...

I personally believe you would be better off moving the Shedu parts into another area involving the sentinents at a later date or adding something else that is worthwhile that drops of those sentinents.. If anything I think instead of increasing railjack crafting mats on mission rewards, increase them off the sentinents, to make people want to stay to complete the mission, otherwise the behavour described above is going to keep continuing and not make a particularly pleasant experience for any player left alone on a mission they want to complete,,, i.e. the lone player with one Shedu part they don't have but everyone else does.

BIGGER HAZARDS!

This is a feedback about arts and visual effects.

Currently, the failure events (fracture, fire, electirc) in railjack are TOO SMALL! 

we are poiloting a big ship, manning big guns and shooting other big ships with big guns, but what kind of thing do our enemy leave on our ships? just fractures that are smaller than the ones made by my Paracesis, fires that look like a pile of burning magazines, and electric failures that look like... well, idk.

These hazards are simply too small to make me feel that they will kill my ship if i just leave them there. I think the fire hazard should have the size at least as large as the smothering stuff you see on the floor in invasion missions, and fractures should be as big as the holes made by grineer boardingpods, and electric failures should look larger too.

On 2019-12-21 at 4:01 PM, Har-Vestor said:

Kay, after more days of playing, one thing just stands out to mes as being annoying AF. The RJ enemies are simply too fast. Its endlessly frustrating to have a fighter run away from you in his desperate attempt to get far enough away to turn around and shot at you when you are on his six

Wouldn't the easiest solution to be to stop moving?

If he is going to turn around to come at you anyway, standing still will let him gain distance faster.

The maps are not very 3D. Sure the stuff is 3D just fine. Going foreward, back, side to side. More stuff. Up and down?

Vast amounts of nothing.

Could you make it a bit more realistic? It's not flat ground or hilly ground. It's a vacant area with no air or gravity, stuff should be all over the place, including up and down.

Particle Ram

• 1500 damage per second literally, sometimes the enemy ships stay less than one second inside of it and don't receive damage, the solution should be to split the damage in 6 thicks per second of 250 damage or 15 thicks per second of 100 damage.
  • the particle ram blind you a lot, it's better not even use it because of that, or at least let the energy colour be customizable.

Energy color customization

• this was always a thing with every warframe ability and weapon, so, why my particle ram is orange, my lazer is blue, my missile is purple, my shots are green?

Wear and tear

• it doesn't work inside of the railjack, my railjack is beautifull and clean outside a mess inside.

7 hours ago, Skye_Archer said:

The low rate of Shedu parts dropping off sentinents in the veil Proxima, is often making a large number of players head straight to the ship at the start of the mission, run through the sentinent ship, see no Shedu parts drop (or even a part they don't have) and then abandon the mission as often they do not want to waste time doing the mission..Which in itself isn't so much a problem, the problem is host migration and the timed nature of the sentinent ship often breaks match making, such that by the time a group has cleared the ship, any lone player left has to complete the entire mission on their own! Which may be on a ship far less powerful than their own and create a massively unnecessarily long and difficult mission...

I personally believe you would be better off moving the Shedu parts into another area involving the sentinents at a later date or adding something else that is worthwhile that drops of those sentinents.. If anything I think instead of increasing railjack crafting mats on mission rewards, increase them off the sentinents, to make people want to stay to complete the mission, otherwise the behavour described above is going to keep continuing and not make a particularly pleasant experience for any player left alone on a mission they want to complete,,, i.e. the lone player with one Shedu part they don't have but everyone else does.

The best solution would be to make one Shedu part a guaranteed drop at the end of mission and take the parts off of the sentient drop tables. That way mission scumming is no longer the most efficient farming method. They also need to put the mission on a regular schedule for people who have limited play time. Forcing us to wait and watch the Veil Proxima nodes for 30+ minutes is no way to respect the time we put into the game.

• Like 1

The more I think about it, the more I think that the next nightwave *needs* to have railjack parts in the nightwave store and on the climbing tiers just so peopel can have basic ships.

De, please put a tier 3 vidar reactor drop in the next nightwave instead of an Arcane Energize/grace it will go over so much better.

8 hours ago, Skye_Archer said:

i.e. the lone player with one Shedu part they don't have but everyone else does.

Shedu parts can be traded. Due to the time-restricted availability of the anomaly, I've been 'mission scumming' as well, but a duplicate will keep me in the mission. I've got a spare handle and once I get one more part, I'll be trading it for whatever I'm missing.

1 minute ago, Udoshi said:

The more I think about it, the more I think that the next nightwave *needs* to have railjack parts in the nightwave store and on the climbing tiers just so peopel can have basic ships.

De, please put a tier 3 vidar reactor drop in the next nightwave instead of an Arcane Energize/grace it will go over so much better.

A vidar reactor isn't a basic ship, it's like a prime. You'll be able to get a sigma MK III from your dry dock for the basic ship build, though.

Now the feedback for the weapons:

Armaments:

1. The Zetki variants overheat too quickly, and their only stat bonus of increased firing speed (except the Photor) does not help. By far, the Vidar variants are the most desirable since they do not overheat that quickly and they are the only ones with bonus damage.
  2. Aside from the Cryophons, all other armaments should receive additional damage and larger projectiles (beams for the Photors and Pulsars). These fighters are too quick and their hitboxes are inconsistent without the help of an Amesha's Warding Grace (slow). You may lure them into a straight line, but that's asking for more damage to be taken from them.
  • Apoc: Testing actually shows that the projectile of the Apocs are slower than the Carcinnox. Having them sped up will help with tracking the fighters.
  • Carcinnox: More or less perfect guns. 
  • Cryophon: Similar to the Arca Plasmor, but doesn't wipe out crowds. Another perfect gun due to its raw damage to deal with Elite Exo Fighters being constantly healed by an Exo Crewship's heal bubble (bugged as the buff shouldn't last that long).
  • Photors: They may be my favorite, but by far they need the most buffs. Damage has a ramp-up and due to how fast and inconsistent the fighter's hitboxes are, it makes the Photors too difficult to use.
  • Pulsars: Take part of the damage of the Apoc and the hitscan of the Photor, and you get the Pulsar. Decent guns nonetheless due to hitscan and decent damage. The Ionic proc effects could be more predictable rather than making fighters spazz out to make aiming more bearable.

Ordance:

• Tycho Seeker: Good damage, and very favorable for popping Outriders and Ramsleds.
  • Milati: Very similar in function of the Tycho Seeker, but lacks homing and it spreads. Can only be used close and can be used against more general Elite Cutters due to their flares. More ammo for it could help.
  • Galvac: Range feels too short, as its effective range is where a Cryophon would overtake its usefulness. Can only be used against immobile/slowed targets or targets in a straight line towards you.

Again, at least half of the current weapons don't feel that fulfilling to use on the Railjack unless you do not have enough resources and/or you have to make do with what you have. Additionally, the fighters are too fast and their hitboxes being inconsistant makes the Cryophon the most desired choice. This is not Catchmoon 2.0; buff the other weapons (even the Carcinnox I mentioned as perfect) as they are underperforming.

58 minutes ago, Colyeses said:

Shedu parts can be traded. Due to the time-restricted availability of the anomaly, I've been 'mission scumming' as well, but a duplicate will keep me in the mission. I've got a spare handle and once I get one more part, I'll be trading it for whatever I'm missing.

I got so annoyed with people dropping that mission when no Shedu part dropped within said mission, thus I never join a mission with the active sentinent ship now... I always host with my ship so I'm not stuck in the situation I found myself in earlier... Host buggering off, and then two further host migrations later I'm stuck with a Railjack significantly weaker than my own...

The last time this mission popped up within the past hour... Unsurprisingly the first two people who joined my mission immediately jumped off my railjack and headed straight for the ship and started clearing the thing out...Another person joined when they were in the process of clearing it out... No Shedu part dropped.... Unsurprisingly the first two guys immediately left the mission... The third guy was a star, he or she continued the mission and helped me clear it... but the amusing thing was we both watched a further half a dozen to a dozen or so people join the mission, either immediately notice the anomaly mission part was done and immediately left or bee line to the sentinent ship and noticed there was no loot there and then leave... Eventually one additional person did stay by which time the other guy and myself had completed over  three quarters of the missions objectives..

It's frankly ridiculous the number of people joining and leaving my mission in such a short period of time..

when boosting the fact of the matter is the meter should turn off. you shouldnt have to turn it off to get your meter back, you should be able to use what ever is charged as it fills up or if it fills witha single button press. whats that? oh i need to get somewhere let me just sprint like i would in every other game. oh S#&$ cant do that because i have no energy because i never turned it off even though ive been standing still... fml 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Skye_Archer said:

It's frankly ridiculous the number of people joining and leaving my mission in such a short period of time..

Well, it's a logical consequence of the time constraint. You have to run it as fast as possible, and finishing the mission takes ages, so if there's no part, you're better off restarting.

RNG

Honestly, the random components and weapons is a kick in the balls, and it seems like the new trend since The Old Blood. DE, you're turning this game into one of those Chinese MMOs where everything is RNG. Seriously, you've got to stop with that sh*t

RNG drop chance is fine, but adding an extra layer of RNG on top of that is just plain bad game developing. 

Warframe progression has always been effort based. Invest your time and your resources and gradually become more powerful., eventually reaching the allowed maximum For some reason, now you're shifting it to Chinese progression: Mindlessly repeat the same task until you the RNG grants you what you need to advance, then keep at it until the RNG grants you the allowed maximum. 

Let's take for example the Vidar Reactor MK III with max avionics. You have a 2.5% chance to get it to drop as a mission reward, and a 1.4% chance to get a max level avionics capacity. That would be a 0.57% compound chance to get that. So, 400+ runs for a 90% chance. 800+ for a guaranteed drop. But, let's go further. Imagine you want a fully maxed out reactor with a bonus you want.  So, maxed out flux would be 1.1% chance and the bonus would be 16% chance. Now, the compound chance of all that is 0.101%, which would mean 2300+ runs for 90%, 4600+ runs for guaranteed.

Do you not see the problem here? Before The Old Blood, we used to gather resources, level up our stuff, polarize, invest time and hone our builds. Now, it seems progression is fully tied to RNG. So, either get extra lucky or hope someone does and is willing to sell it to you for... and outrageous... amount of platinum... HEY! Wait a minute... could that be the developers intention all along? No way! They wouldn't compromise integrity for more money... right?

Damage

Other than that, weapons need an overall buff. People don't even bother with ordinance at high level (hell, I don't even bother with ordinance at low level), and asides from the Cryo+Tether how else are you gonna deal with Veil enemies?

Ordinance is the biggest culprit here. It has limited ammo and deals jack sh*t against, well, anything. It would be cool if it could actually kill stuff, considering it costs resources to operate and is extremely limited. Hell, I don't even resupply mine anymore. Ordinance needs a massive boost, and it would be cool if it could be used to destroy crewships without actually having to fly inside and kill the reactor. Say, ordinance can be used to destroy a disabled crewship.

Right now, gameplay is basically Tether->shoot them with cryo->Slingshot+recall->repeat.

Intrinsic trees

Honestly, they look like thrown together in a hassle. I think most of their functionality should be baseline. Like: being able to craft stuff, enemy targeting leads, 360 turret mode and the Railjack systems (Slingshot/Dome Cannon/Recall/Speedboost).

At some point, we know the dome cannon is 100% needed to complete objectives (unless that devstream was baloney). Why restrict it then? A player could have level 10 on every tree but gunnery and not be able to access those missions. Granted, this is a hypothetical scenario and it wouldn't take much to get to level 5, but still.

I think the intrinsic trees should have real value instead of unlocking basic functions.

Edited by ixidron92

4 hours ago, ixidron92 said:

RNG

Honestly, the random components and weapons is a kick in the balls, and it seems like the new trend since The Old Blood. DE, you're turning this game into one of those Chinese MMOs where everything is RNG. Seriously, you've got to stop with that sh*t

RNG drop chance is fine, but adding an extra layer of RNG on top of that is just plain bad game developing. 

I already have Mk3 on everything on my ship. If there was no random I would only be endlessly grinding for Intrinsics and the few RJ mods I don't have. Once I do, what would I be doing RJ for? The mats are only for RJ gear. The Intrinsics don't effect normal gameplay at all. Right now it's a seperate system. However with the random bonuses. I'm looking for a better reactor and shields. Got a great engine, I wouldn't say no to one better but... yea. 

Chinese RNG are theree to get you to spend $$$$ to make it go away. Warframe RNG increases the rewards for the grind you would already need to do for 4 Level 10 intrinsics.

hace 20 minutos, AreeSoothsayer dijo:

I already have Mk3 on everything on my ship. If there was no random I would only be endlessly grinding for Intrinsics and the few RJ mods I don't have. Once I do, what would I be doing RJ for? The mats are only for RJ gear. The Intrinsics don't effect normal gameplay at all. Right now it's a seperate system. However with the random bonuses. I'm looking for a better reactor and shields. Got a great engine, I wouldn't say no to one better but... yea. 

Chinese RNG are theree to get you to spend $$$$ to make it go away. Warframe RNG increases the rewards for the grind you would already need to do for 4 Level 10 intrinsics.

The solution is - as many people suggested before - having a "prestige system" for Diracs and Intrinsics. I already suggested a way to spend Diracs to reroll the bonus modifier on your components and to upgrade their stats.

Something similar can be done with intrinsics, allowing you to spend more intrinsics to further boost certain stats like the amount of munitions you can carry, reduce forge cooldown, increase forge capacity, increase forge bonuses, the amount of time you can boost, etc.

And, of course, there is always fashionframe. I would love to decorate my railjack's interior the same way I can decorate my orbiter. Diracs and Intrinsics (and other resources) could be used to purchase decoration capacity and new decorations, stencils, etc.

Edited by ixidron92