Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack General Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

After playing this since the console launch, I can say this update is starting to be physically agonizing on my hands. 

I've never had to hold down the trigger for 15-30 seconds straight per target for 60-90 targets, using a forma'd Imperator Vandal.

And before that I was using my forma'd Velocitus, but the enemies all move at super speed forcing you to use Amesha no matter what weapon you use (and often times enemies seem to disregard the Amesha speed debuff entirely when they feel like it until you recast the ability - bug?).

Yes, i'm aware Crew Ships increase fighter health regeneration and yes this is still an issue even when no crew ships are around, and after they're all dead. 

Edited by (PS4)Ozymandias-13-
  • Like 2

hace 3 horas, CopperBezel dijo:

Buff them flat out to compete at the top level now, and they'll just dominate in the lowest levels and become irrelevant again with the next batch of content. Power creep is a thing, and abilities don't move as fast as weapons and mods do, while the kinds of builds a player progress through while working their way up from level 1 to 50 or whatnot content gives weapons many times the damage, but abilities 150%. That's part of why Elytron is such a joke, being stuck with three (indistinguishable) direct damage abilities. Just kill direct damage now and stick to things like CC and % armor strip for offensive abilities. 

TBH, they already said they are gonna make an archwing rework and introduce a modular archwing with the next batch of content. So, I'm guessing they'll make more mods and rebalance everything.

Rising Tides is a disaster of a quest. Six of the same mission once every 12 hours, and then a weird Key grab. Sure you get Cy's backstory, but the quest should have ended in a real story-driven tutorial for Railjack. It should have mirrored The Archwing quest, and walked you through all the stations and basic features of the ship. 

• Like 4

I think it would be helpful if battle avionic names showed up on the gunner and pilot ui. The icons themselves aren't always obvious in what the avionic does, so having a small little name tag could help people know what each avionic is, especially when jumping onto someone else's ship. It also isn't shown in battle that each slot has a different flux cost. 

The gunner ui can be a bit rough at times with the resource notifications as well. Since all gained resources give a side notification, more often than not the gun heat meter and munitions totals are covered by a notification. Resource notifications can also cover the subtitles under Cy's transmissions, making whatever he's saying temporarily unknown to anyone without headphones/speakers, transmission volume low, or those with difficulties hearing. 

Edited by KCToxic
added more feedback on the gun ui
  • Like 1

Im not sure about anyone else, but Im finding that the lead indicator on ships is woefully inaccurate. Theyre more like lead guesstimates, or lead suggestions. I use apocs. Im currently trying to scrounge up enough resources to make Carcinnox. This isnt my first flight sim. I know evasive maneuvers can dodge my shots, but I notice if they're flying in a straight line, and I aim at the lead indicator, I typically fall short, and too low. I end up having to eyeball my tracers to score hits and the crosshair is usually never on the lead indicator.

2 hours ago, Venom-Nightstar said:

Im not sure about anyone else, but Im finding that the lead indicator on ships is woefully inaccurate. Theyre more like lead guesstimates, or lead suggestions. I use apocs. Im currently trying to scrounge up enough resources to make Carcinnox. This isnt my first flight sim. I know evasive maneuvers can dodge my shots, but I notice if they're flying in a straight line, and I aim at the lead indicator, I typically fall short, and too low. I end up having to eyeball my tracers to score hits and the crosshair is usually never on the lead indicator.

This probably happens because ships are accelerating, or turning in a direction you don't notice because it's perpendicular to your LoS.  The apocs are more effected by this than the carcinnox or hitscan weapons.

Concerning reactors/shields/engines.

I get the idea behind random stats, we are after all salvaging technology that's been degraded by hundreds of years and then inexpertly patched (with sigma reactors representing a balanced design based on the best modern tenno technology, from either new or scavenged components).

However, if this is the case, shouldn't we be able to cannibalize components of the same type to get our own items closer to the maximum possible output (topping out at maybe 90% of maximum output)? So if I have a Mk III Vidar reactor I should be able to cannibalize another MkIII Vidar reactor to boost either avionic or flux output and getting it closer to the ideal maximum output?

DE will go down in human history with the most systems with no explanation and maps with no legend or points of interest....sad indeed.

Diagnosed, "Descriptionally impaired" Cause those responsible have earned it....IF They made IKEA's there would  be no instructions, if they made bombs all the wires would be the same color, recipes with no measurements,  if of prosecution attorney would nest the evidence, streetwalks you would have to get out your car and hit the button cause the crosswalk sign would be nested from view, controllers would have unlabeled buttons, keyboards with no qwerty, blueprints with no lines or title blocks, sell food with no daily values plus product image would be nested from view, if they sold GMOs would only list real ingredients (visit reddit, forums or YouTube for the rest), fortune cookies with no fortune, prescription medications with no side effects and warnings, hell at this point they probably would withhold the end advertising side effects spiel...lol!

Get it together DE what is the disconnect here, EXPLAIN, LABEL STUFF, and UN-NEST everything. You are currently doing it wrong!?..consistently 

Even just making the different activities different colors would help immensely?

Coming to think of it the lich and empyrean have found a way to nest the grind inside nested grind?

I still enjoy tho just not much as I'd like due to the aforementioned.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, CopperBezel said:

Buff them flat out to compete at the top level now, and they'll just dominate in the lowest levels and become irrelevant again with the next batch of content. Power creep is a thing, and abilities don't move as fast as weapons and mods do, while the kinds of builds a player progress through while working their way up from level 1 to 50 or whatnot content gives weapons many times the damage, but abilities 150%. That's part of why Elytron is such a joke, being stuck with three (indistinguishable) direct damage abilities. Just kill direct damage now and stick to things like CC and % armor strip for offensive abilities. 

I think direct damage abilities are fine, though they are boring.  I main Mag, and her Crush ability, while pretty much useless at high levels, is a convenient way to get rid of enemies in low-level missions—which I think is fine.  (It also helps get at enemies who get trapped out of bounds, causing problems in modes like defense.)  Pull is similar, but at least has some use in later missions.  I don't think frames generall benefit from having multiple abilities that just do damage, though.

I like Odonata's kit; it's a good all-rounder.  Defense, evasion, direct damage, and CC. 

I don't see the point of having abilities that stop working in higher level content. And neither Crush nor Pull does - Crush builds shields, and both abilities toss enemies on their asses and give you a brief period in which they're not shooting at you. Pull also slings enemies behind your head to shoot you in the back, which is always helpful. Can we use another frame as an example? Nezha's Divine Spears is a direct damage ability at low levels, a radial kill-everything like Crush, but a decently good CC at high ones that further synergizes with his Burning Chakram by multiplying the rings on hitting an afflicted enemy, allowing him to shut down and debuff a whole mob. Like a lot of these abilities, it's really designed around the effect at higher levels first, but you get the simple direct-damage effect at lower levels. 

If you must include a direct damage ability with the full intent of having it become irrelevant at higher levels, include some CC or other debuff in the effect so it's not just hanging around in your kit doing nothing.

... Did you say you main Mag? How? Why? X /

Edited by CopperBezel

Right now tho I do like the direction its headed. The scale of it in the dock is mesmerizing...ok now that's out the way.

Railjack is jacked up and mostly from Flatout bad game design logic (the type where your like, did u play this or did u leave after the first draft).

I know sentient tech is weird but can it be weird and look good? Is this a first pass design of a ship with form over function in mind? Wanting  to be so different aesthetically that the point was lost in translation? What was this ship actually designed to do cause again the aesthetic is conflicting.

Ship layout ergonomically makes no sense. It Suffers the same splinter in the back of my mind like the orbiter. What's viewable outside is not representative of what's packed inside, this drives me bonkers, nuts, singes my noodles.

nothings is visual or descriptive enough to point you anywhere, so you're constantly on trial and error checking.

that top canopy part why is there no elevator or stair leading up there. Yet by aesthetic its functional with no pathway to access...lol design me a house where parts you have to jump to get to?

My advice is scrap the design in total. Think about all your dealing with. Then Make the design flow well with activities being performed. After that Then design a shell around it. This clearly wasn't thought of, not even for it practical purposes. 

Edited by (XB1)EPOSSTYLE
Double post content mistake

hace 10 horas, fiendishrabbit dijo:

Concerning reactors/shields/engines.

I get the idea behind random stats, we are after all salvaging technology that's been degraded by hundreds of years and then inexpertly patched (with sigma reactors representing a balanced design based on the best modern tenno technology, from either new or scavenged components).

However, if this is the case, shouldn't we be able to cannibalize components of the same type to get our own items closer to the maximum possible output (topping out at maybe 90% of maximum output)? So if I have a Mk III Vidar reactor I should be able to cannibalize another MkIII Vidar reactor to boost either avionic or flux output and getting it closer to the ideal maximum output?

That's a lot of mental gymnastics to justify a poor development decision. 

After playing some more,  there are definite flow problems due to the rail railjacks are tied to dojos.  

Basically,  if I'm in a squad as a client and want to manage my loot between missions,  I have to leave dojo (breaking up the squad) then go to my own dojo.     This is true even if I'm in the same clan with the host.   This means that loot management for clients requires 3 loading screens and a squad breakup. And then a reinvite if you want to continue with the squad.     It's not a good flow.  

A better, faster way to manage wreckage and avionics would be excellent. 

6 hours ago, 2ndPersonPlural said:

This is getting a little off topic, but I don't pass up a chance to show off my Mag.

mag.jpg

Wiiiiild. High duration, less than full efficiency, Primed Vigor on someone who isn't Hildryn, no Quick Thinking - I could not have predicted any of this. And I'm going to have to try out Counter Pulse.

1 hour ago, CopperBezel said:

Primed Vigor on someone who isn't Hildryn

Primed Vigor is better than most people give it credit for. Assuming you aren't doing high-level endurance runs the durability from both health and shields is a net increase no matter what frame uses it, except for shieldless frames of course, but for other frames the shielding actually can serve as a decent 1-2 hit buffer at or around sortie 3 levels and it was indispensable in helping me beat the one Lich I made by mistake.

On-topic: From what I've seen from images floating around the overall RNG range on several parts of the Railjacks are set far too low, and I'm talking lower than researched Sigma series parts low. For random drops it shouldn't be possible to find something plain worse than the stock equipment.

• Like 1

i think that the zones in the 3 sectors should be a bit more varied in what they 'offer' in terms of mission objectives and enemies (types). ofc, the randomness should still be part of it (e.g. galleon and such being there or not) - but there should be at least a baseline to what we ought to do there, random encounter aside.

as it is, most nodes feel the same, more or less. it's ok that the maps themself are fixed to the nodes, but there is much room for putting other things in as well (literally so ^^)

so, give us a bit more than the usual "fight off 90 fighter and 6 crewships" plus the semi-random mission objective - stage it a bit more like the assault mission on the kuva fortress, but please, more varied too, else people will get tired of rather fast. make us always be anxious about what to expect when we enter the node... might be just the 'usual' clay pidgeon shooting of fighters or we're in for a serious all-out assault with many enemies in space and on ships & bases.

6 minutes ago, Aldain said:

except for shieldless frames of course

disagree.ERdZM4a.jpg?1the extra health, though not really needed is still damn fine thing on my inaros to have. the only thing that can now kill me are teammates with a radiation proc on them (or one on me ofc ^^)

and no, i don't need the slot for anything else since i don't need his abilities to be more effective - it's all about being nigh immortal and giving a crap about any mission conditions (ok, beside said 'radiation' hazzards, but those i can just do in solo and can stop caring about too then).

17 minutes ago, fr4gb4ll said:

the extra health, though not really needed is still damn fine thing on my inaros to have. the only thing that can now kill me are teammates with a radiation proc on them (or one on me ofc ^^)

and no, i don't need the slot for anything else since i don't need his abilities to be more effective - it's all about being nigh immortal and giving a crap about any mission conditions (ok, beside said 'radiation' hazzards, but those i can just do in solo and can stop caring about too then).

I guess that works well enough, I'd personally slot in Gladiator Aegis for a bit of extra armor and swap rage for Hunter Adrenaline, but that works too.

Edited by Aldain

1 hour ago, fr4gb4ll said:

i think that the zones in the 3 sectors should be a bit more varied in what they 'offer' in terms of mission objectives and enemies (types). ofc, the randomness should still be part of it (e.g. galleon and such being there or not) - but there should be at least a baseline to what we ought to do there, random encounter aside.

as it is, most nodes feel the same, more or less. it's ok that the maps themself are fixed to the nodes, but there is much room for putting other things in as well (literally so ^^)

so, give us a bit more than the usual "fight off 90 fighter and 6 crewships" plus the semi-random mission objective - stage it a bit more like the assault mission on the kuva fortress, but please, more varied too, else people will get tired of rather fast. make us always be anxious about what to expect when we enter the node... might be just the 'usual' clay pidgeon shooting of fighters or we're in for a serious all-out assault with many enemies in space and on ships & bases.

I feel like that's gotta be coming. Space Exterminate + warframe Sabotage / Kill the Enemy Commander is a great little mission to show off all the most important bits of Railjack, but there's no way they're really intending it to be every node on these three planets going forward. There's got to be more variety in the pipeline. I don't necessarily look forward to railjack Defense or Interception, but surely they're coming eventually ... ?

21 hours ago, Venom-Nightstar said:

I end up having to eyeball my tracers to score hits and the crosshair is usually never on the lead indicator.

Pick a rock off in the distance, light it up and then move left or right steadily. The actual projectiles on Apoc's are generated from the center of the screen, above the ship, in a straight line. The projectile stream will track from side to side depending on which way you're strafing, because it's not even hooked up to the actual guns themselves. The visual effects coming out of the Apoc's barrels are just for show. Basically I'm pretty sure they're broken, and that's why it's better to feel out shots with an Apoc than aiming for the lead, because the lead seem to be assuming that the shots are being generated from the guns on the sides, while it's actually coming from above the lead.

Seems like weapon wreckages swapping place randomly on scrapping.

So, first it's sorted like this : 50 - 52 - 54, and if you scrap 52, it'll be like this : 54 - 50, i think this is VERY bad since it causes unintentional scrapping.

Edited by Test-995