Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack General Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

As i aquired all the weapons/avionics/intrinsics ingame, i notice one problem in regards to "Foward Artillery Weapon" and "Seeker Volley Battle Avionics"

* "Foward Artillery Weapon" of Railjack can game Crewships effectively at Earth proxima because they are low level mobs, how ever; new players won't be using them because lack of materials to start with. During high level combat in veil proxima, high level players don't use them, because it doesn't damage the Crewships at all, even it's fully modded.

(Suggestion) : Increase the damage of "Foward Artillery Weapon" x5. for it to have a sense as a stronges weapon your railjack can offer during high level missions.

*"Seeker Volley Battle Avionics" is a amazing skill of Railjack in terms of design and animation ingame, however it's absolutely useless from low level to high level gameplay because it doesn't have a decent damage at all to kill one single enemies effective, we are talking about a fully modded battle avionics that release 50 seeker missiles that can't kill anything.

(Suggestion) : increase it's damage x10 so it can kill simple type of enemies ingame.

Thank you and more power to DE.

I've recently discovered that some Warframe abilities will affect you even when you're in a turret/archwing/the pilot's seat. Before Railjack, I hadn't noticed a single ability persist in archwing mode.

I'm pretty sure it's a bug, as there doesn't seem to be any consistency between what works and what doesn't, going from a warframe to a real archwing (rather than atmosphere AW) is new, and most of a Railjack's capabilities ranging from "basically useless" to "slightly unbalanced by a normal game's standards" while these are mostly awesome.

I  want this to work with nearly all abilities- anything with both a duration & a range. Given this is Warframe, "slightly unbalanced by a normal game's standards" barely reaches the lower end of tolerability if we're killing hundreds of bad guys in a single mission. We need so many awesome, ridiculous options that balance is an impossible concept. Nekros should be able to summon Crewship shadows inside an enemy Crewship. Zephyr should be able to double or triple the effective range & projectile speed of your ship's guns.  Rhino should be able to roar up the damage you deal when colliding with enemy vessels without affecting the damage you take. The void ninja space magic that reshaped the solar system is as common as fruit pies, and the laws of physics are just thousand year old fables.

2 hours ago, (PS4)theMycon said:

I've recently discovered that some Warframe abilities will affect you even when you're in a turret/archwing/the pilot's seat. Before Railjack, I hadn't noticed a single ability persist in archwing mode.

I don't know if it's functional, but it definitely happens visually in the open worlds, and has before Railjack. My Nezha's always retained his Warding Halo despite Nova losing her Null Star when they each activate archwing, and Wukong's invisibility from his death passive will persist into archwing and even cloak the archwing itself, while his Celestial Twin and Khora's Venari are dispelled on activating archwing. Again, could be entirely visual, but.

Edit: And of course, separate players as archwings and warframes in the open worlds can cast buffs on each other freely.

Edited by CopperBezel

This https://xboxclips.com/Tucker D Dawg/2472b7aa-192f-40b5-bd7e-6beaa2cbfc97 is why we need at least 1 second invincibility when going in/out of airlocks. You can skip to 23 second mark.

The same crap happens when exiting and you'll be dead while the screen is still black as you transition to AW, killed by some random ass missile.

Not even an issue of host lag as I play on solo.

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg
  • Like 1

Okay, here's the weird thing - I tend to pop up on crewships casting my 1 (as Nova, so her DR) while jamming it in the transition animation. It's conveniently the same key I'm normally jamming on my way out of the crewship. I wonder if the lag is helping me assure that I haven't fully loaded in by the time it registers?

It's not acceptable that the Vidar Reactor has only a 2% drop chance at the end of the mission. Even more kills what he can roll from 30 to 100 capacity. It turns out that the best (and so needed) reactor is almost impossible to obtain. After all, even the absence of 1 cell for avionics will seriously affect the gameplay.
I offer 5 options:
1) Make them drop from enemies too.
2) Strongly increase drop chance.

3) Increase minimal capacity to 70.
4) Add the ability to change capacity using a dirac.
5) Add a system with the connection of two created reactors into one in order to increase their characteristics.

vor 38 Minuten schrieb ReW1zeR:

It's not acceptable that the Vidar Reactor has only a 2% drop chance at the end of the mission. Even more kills what he can roll from 30 to 100 capacity. It turns out that the best (and so needed) reactor is almost impossible to obtain. After all, even the absence of 1 cell for avionics will seriously affect the gameplay.
I offer 5 options:
1) Make them drop from enemies too.
2) Strongly increase drop chance.

3) Increase minimal capacity to 70.
4) Add the ability to change capacity using a dirac.
5) Add a system with the connection of two created reactors into one in order to increase their characteristics.

Drop chance i absolutly OK in my opinion. Its a high-end part so it intended to work hard for it. You could do the missions with the other reactors with ease, so no need. I have 3 of (5x, 6x, 88).

This is my main reason still to play RJ - to max out my gear.

Pasting these from a thread of mine to hopefully get DE's attention

You have started to put more rewards in rare containers (Umbra Forma Blueprint, Tenebreous Ephemera, Captura Scenes). But the problem is that from Empyrean launch day until today, I have never seen a rare container once. I ran around 10 RJ Veil Proxima missions daily and never see them at all. 

I can imagine that the spawnrate is in the sub 1% chance due to my experience. 

So please DE, increase the chance or maybe just maybe (I might be too generous) always have 1 rare container spawn in any high level mission. You can remove the built forma and booster from the container drop table to compensate the spawnrate changes if you are afraid of people not buying forma or boosters.

Increasing the frequency or having 1 guarantee spawn of the rare containers greatly incentivize people to explore the tileset instead of rushing to the objective. 

1) Please make it impossible to scrap equiped components or armaments. Need to unequip it first to dismantle it.

Or better have a second icon next to the existing ones which opens up another menu in which the wreckage can be found and managed separately. 

2) Please give us a counter in the component/armamament menu on how many wreckages we currently hold of the max allowed. 

3) Please remove pick up notifications for railjack resources in left bottom corner (big icon+ sound) and just show them in the bottom center like in the rest of the game (small icon). By now these resources do not hold the same value as mods, avionics or orokin cells.

4) Please increase titanium amount per farmeable node, introduce titanium into fighter/crewship drops and station/galleon/crewship containers.

5) Please share the loot from away team with pilot and engineer like we share the affinity link.

6) Please lower the resource cost of titanium for wreckages in general by at least ⅓.

7) Please remove riven slivers, relics and other maingame rewards from 1. mission rewards slot and place them in the second slot for the Veil Proxima at least. Also include other useful materials as Kuva in 2nd reward slot.    3. reward slot only materials. 1. mission reward slot should only reward rare avionics and wreckage. Increase the drop chance for useful wreckages (Vidar/Lavan) on 1.st mission rewards slot.

8] Please let loot from destroyed fighters/crewships fly towards you not away from you and increase collection radius.

9) Please indroduce wreckage into inventory and let us manage wreckage from there as well. I have lost several pieces of good Vidar mk3 loot due to having no free space after capacity filled up with Zetki mk3 wreckage. It is VERY frustrating I tell you.

10) Please integrate existing components/armament slots in the inventory, so we can see how many slots we currently occupy and if we need to buy new slots from the marketplace.

11) Please put a ship upgrade console (like in own dojo) on the railjack. Let us manage components/armaments/wreckage/avionics/intrinsics from there when we board from orbiter.

12) Please let players manage their wreckage from host players dry dock INCLUDING recent spoils from last mission. Otherwise inbetween missions crew players  have to exit host dojo (loading screen) go to own dojo (loading screen) just to free up wreckage space. then load into railjack (loading screen) then go to mission (loading screen). It halts the game play loop and makes it unenjoyable and frustrates if you miss good wreckage due to full wrackage space if you do not bear with the loading screens and jump from mission to mission.

13) Please store wreckage that surpasses capacity momentarily and give a warning before next mission to free up space like with the riven mods. Otherwise all further wreckage and the surpassing wreckage will be turned to Dirac.

14) Please install a “CALL RAILJACK” button into dry dock to manually prioratize the loading of railjack... sometimes it does not load in at all. so go back to Orbiter, go back to dojo (loading screens, loading screens)

15) Please get rid of the ALL STATS RANDOM on railjack components. You have implemented a beautiful mod systems in comparison to other looter shooters for the main game. Use that for railjack, let us use Dirac to upgrade components, invent Space Forma, find a funky name for it, let us improve components with that, let us grind for it, put it in the market, Let us spend our Plat on it, let us trade with it. This is Warframe, not Destiny.

Or set components with fixed stats and one random like Kuva Weapons or railjack weapons.

16) Please increase the damage output on non Cryophon armaments to make them more viable. It is not good to use them, since they do not get the job done with the amount of hits you need to down a single very mobile fighter. They feel good though but are ineffective. Momentarily they only feel good with the max Rhino roar buff which is not intended to work.

17) Please increase the damage on Seeker Volley battle avionic... it is practically a joke in the Veil Proxima.

18) Please let the boost bar start to refill again after beeing depleted withoit having to press the left thumpstick again.

19) Please clear up the railjack view from those rendered particles seen from pilot window, and let it be more clean like in Archwing so we can better see the terrain, the resources or dropped avionics and collect them easier. It just obstructs the vision and has no purpose at all. Space junk.

20) please visually emphasize resources and dropped avionics more on screen and increase detection radius.

Maybe introduce a ping system with a cooldown (20-30s) as tactical avionic or a fixed railjack ability to actively emphasize missed loot.

Thank you for this great game mode. Honestly I love it. Feels like Wing Commander or Privateer... but cooler because inside Warframe.

Edited by (PS4)PePSchaepp

8 minutes ago, (PS4)PePSchaepp said:

1) Please make it impossible to scrap equiped components or armaments. Need to unequip it first to dismantle it.

If you try to trade or dissolve an installed mod, the game gives you a warning prompt. I'd think the same should be true for installed Railjack components and avionics.

I think the railjack gun damage output is fine in term of DPS, but the overheat mechanic need some serious tuning. Even with the gunner perks, heat still gains too quickly and have a large delay to start cooling down. This is even worse on Zekti weapon, and get further worse if the weapon have fire rate bonus.  

Obviously this is where the Cryophon shine because it is a semi auto weapon that can easily play around the heat gain, hence its popularity. But all the other weapons are automatic weapons and this heat gain/cooling delay is seriously dampening the gameplay. Photor especially is the worst. Railjack weapons should not struggle this much killing tiny interceptors.  

I mean I understand that you don't want the game to get too easy, but there has to be a balance to avoid frustrating and tedious gameplay.  

Heat should gain a bit slower, and cooling delay need to be seriously reduced.   Or add some avionics to help heat management.  

Edited by Bakaguya-sama

I know this is a small thing, but would it be possible to add the crew ships destruction results to the mission summary?

I like switch roles when doing Railjack.

Lately I've been doing boarder ( boarding crew ships and destroying them as fast as possible ), and doing that efficiently basically boils down to quickly go in, destroy reactor, go out. Sadly, none of this counts towards the mission results ( no kills even thou I'm blowing up the crew ship along side with all troops inside ) and as a result  I've had occasions where people were complaining about me not having many kills.

Would be great if the mission summary actually reflected the work that we put on it.

Cheers, and thanks for listening!

3 hours ago, Bakaguya-sama said:

I think the railjack gun damage output is fine in term of DPS, but the overheat mechanic need some serious tuning. Even with the gunner perks, heat still gains too quickly and have a large delay to start cooling down. This is even worse on Zekti weapon, and get further worse if the weapon have fire rate bonus.  

Obviously this is where the Cryophon shine because it is a semi auto weapon that can easily play around the heat gain, hence its popularity. But all the other weapons are automatic weapons and this heat gain/cooling delay is seriously dampening the gameplay. Photor especially is the worst. Railjack weapons should not struggle this much killing tiny interceptors.  

I mean I understand that you don't want the game to get too easy, but there has to be a balance to avoid frustrating and tedious gameplay.  

Heat should gain a bit slower, and cooling delay need to be seriously reduced.   Or add some avionics to help heat management.  

You spend a lot less time overheated if you don't let the guns get to max heat — you skip the beeping and the delay.

This is not communicated to players at all, and the only way to know is to be told or to just notice on your own.  People are constantly complaining about my zetki guns until I explain how overheat works.

Railjack needs a proper tutorial.

• Like 1

When wreckage/blueprints are completed, scrapping them should return a small bit of the resources used to make it.

Started/completed items should be separated in the UI from other blueprints/wreckage.

As others have said before, the Rising Tide mission should have gotten people aquatinted with Railjack ship controls and hazards.

this feedback is due to the zeki mk 3  turrets as a personal issue i have been having with the heat issue of even with the highest avionic mod things the zeki weapons build up too much heat too fast considering you gave the pilots  the ability to drive around the place like my hyper active 3 year old nephew after he consumed candy and has a nerf gun. its kind of a pet pev of mine to have to deal with a zeki mk 3 cryphon turret on the gunners seat while the pilots dashing and drifting around the place to the point i can't get a good shot.

so please reduce the heat build up for the zeki weapons and i know people are going to hate this suggestion but please put a tiny cooldown on the pilots intrinsics or at least give the railjacks some kind of natural bonus to encourage them to not drive the railjack around like my 3 year old nephew with a nerf gun.

Edited by maddragonmaster

To make speed and shield tanking more viable, Conic Nozzle needs small buff and there should be a mod to decrease the shield recharge delay.

Also shield arrays of the same tier that have lower shield HP, should tend to have better shield recharge delays and or rates.

The different house descriptions for shield arrays mention that they have trade-offs, but no other stat besides shield HP chances, please make that diversity be less fictional.

Edited by (PS4)ObsidianJackal_
Typo

Player with red and green colorsight anomaly here. I feel like that needs some clarification which I will put at end of the post. I have minor issues in Warframe on and off but the following in Empyrean struck me as especially severe.

The fighter (archwing enemy) health indicators are too thin. Red and black tend to blend together for me, and its frequently impossible to see where the red ends and the black starts. If the lines were thicker with maybe a small white separator on the end of the red "filled health" zone, that would help immensely. Normally this would not be a large issue since one just keeps shooting until it explodes anyway BUT....

I just reached Veil Proxima. The healing bubbles deployed by the crewships seem extremely important to me, as they heal fighters VERY rapidly. However, they are plain invisible for me in front of the red nebula background. As soon as they expand and go fainter, they just blend in. Coupled with the issue above this causes me to shoot fighters that are basically invulnerable due to healing bubbles repeatedly before I realize what is happening and attempt to leave the area. Blindly, of course, since there is no visual difference of non bubbled and bubbled area to me.

Clarification on my color sight: I feel this is necessary since the first question I am asked most often is "So red and green are grey to you?" which is NOT the case. This has only been diagnosed when I was a child and only by the corresponding German term "Rot-Grün-Sehschwäche", which covers both protanomaly and deuteranomaly. I have no idea as to what degree of both I am. I can still see red and or green but I have a severely harder time contrasting shades of red and green from each other or other shades of red or green respectively. Particularly shades of red also tend to blend into dark backgrounds.

- The pilot should be able to fire the front artillery without moving out of his seat.

- The visual of the front artillery laser when we are firing, is blocking/blinding us from aiming properly. Please make the laser visual less blinding, so we can see clearly the target we are aiming.

The fact that the host is the only one who can use the navigation console after a mission is problematic for one reason.  The host can die.   I have been in missions where a dead host with no revives basically left us trapped.    In those cases,  the host was gracious enough to abort,  and the new host could take us back to drydock.   But, it shouldn't have been necessary for him to do so. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 2ndPersonPlural said:

You spend a lot less time overheated if you don't let the guns get to max heat — you skip the beeping and the delay.

This is not communicated to players at all, and the only way to know is to be told or to just notice on your own.  People are constantly complaining about my zetki guns until I explain how overheat works.

Railjack needs a proper tutorial.

I understand how overheat works. I am aware of the beepings and the heat bar. I'm not an idiot, i've played plenty of video games with this very same mechanic. I usually don't empty my whole clip until it overheats and then wait for it to cooldown from max heat. 

Still doesn't change the fact that heat gain is far too fast, and the delay to start cooling down (after you release the trigger, not after you reach max heat) is too long for this kind of system. 

The grind for the materials needed to build a Railjack is real ; these things cost a crapton of credits and of resources thus being not so available to new players , tone it down.

The time gate between crafting and finding the different parts is horrible ( craft 1 part , wait 12 hours , the cephalon spots one more part , get the part and grind for the mats , repeat ) , it would be better if we could just get the missions to recover all of the different parts at the same time , get them mats for all of them and craft the whole ship within 12 hours instead of 12 x 6 hours .

There is no tutorial quest for the Railjack unlike for the Archwing ; people don't know how it works , don't know about the slingshot , don't know about the foundry , don't know about how to destroy crewships and so on until they've done a few missions with other players. Make an introductory mission . 

The Railjack configuration screen is probably one of the most confusing things ever when you are starting to mess with it ; people don't know what each component does until they can swap it with another thus realizing what stats it affects , avionics are not explained ( they are just mods for railjacks ? Well , make it clear ) , the grid is not explained , you are not told that you must refill your payload nor how to repair stuff . All of this stuff needs to be more clear .

The grind for the materials needed to build railjack components ( as in weapons and other parts this time ) is also real . 

Railjacks feel very weak at start , their damage output is low , they get critical failures stupidly frequently and they are not suited for solo play ( which makes me wonder how new people will be able to complete some missions once the hype for railjacks is gonna be over ) . Archwings are also a pain to use within these missions as their damage feels rather low and they prove to be quite squishy. I'd recommend you to adjust the difficulty of these first few missions or the stats of railjacks and archwings so that they can have a smoother start and generally just perform better .

The stats of the various railjack components are random ?! Seriously ?! People hate that kind of stuff, you should know. 
You'd think the hate for rivens , for kuva and for liches would have taught that lesson but since it's not the case let me make it clear once more : The less randomness appears in this game the better it is .
Random stats ( and not only those ) are disrespectful towards your players time and towards their efforts . No one likes to grind for hours and hours and hours every day only just to be rewarded with something that was just not worth it . Please fix the "random" aspect in this game ( remove rivens or allow the players to be able to lock for ever one of the rolls every 10 re-rolls , just make railjack components stats not randomized ) .

Tiers are not explained ( sigma , lavan , vidar , zekti ) nor marks ( mk 1 , 2 , 3 ) . Let the players know what they mean .

Crewships feel useless when hijacked , it's the same as dargyns on the plain . Why allow the player to control some vehicle that will be borderline useless when they could perform better if they didn't drive it in the first place ? Please adjust these vehicles stats when they are used by tenno players.

So far my feedback on this update is rather negative ; I'm giving it a 5/10 . 
The concept is nice and the missions can prove overall enjoyable but there's really just so much stuff that needs to be addressed and fixed . Hope to see this content get the adjustments it deserves . 

P.S.  Please give us back archwing's manouvers , bind blink to a different key than double tap sprint , give itzal a new 1 ( Valk's 1 on Itzal sucks , truly ) and make archwings feel like the grav zero flight combat simulator they used to be .