[DE]Bear

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack General Feedback Megathread

Just now, (NSW)Mycroft said:

Please prioritise the single player railjack stuff that you have said is coming - the RNG stuff and math of the system is the number one existing concern here but how many of the comments in the last 40 pages would be at least half solved if you introduced this way of playing where you and you alone are responsible for everything. I got good hunting eidolons by going solo, and THEN teaming up once I knew what I was doing. Same with the orb mothers, same with disruptions. Please get the single player railjack experience up and running. 

I am a switch player (yeah lol k) and as of me writing this the update has yet to be released here...from everything (including the positive yes) I've read and watched, I can only conclude that the single player stuff should be right up there to get out ASAP. We have the extra issue on switch of very low frame rate and frequent lag, these things are OK as Warframe remains the best handheld game I've ever played. It's worth the technical drawbacks my worry is that railjack will just not...work.

I hope Nintendo bring out a switch pro or something. I love Warframe. It's ace.

Single player is already working just fine.

DE were way off on their assumptions that we, the players, wouldn't be able to handle things without the Command tree.

They were wrong. We can, and easily so. Even the hardest content, just as long as you take your time to upgrade your stuff.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Single player is already working just fine.

DE were way off on their assumptions that we, the players, wouldn't be able to handle things without the Command tree.

They were wrong. We can, and easily so. Even the hardest content, just as long as you take your time to upgrade your stuff.

...really? OK that's good to hear. My concern was the comments about the ongoing repairs and leaving your railjack unguarded whilst you go out in your archwing, how underpowered or paper thin the craft is. I guessed the one player stuff would add NPC bots to tend to that stuff while you were doing the other. My concerns remain and I'll obviously have to wait to play it for myself, but it's good to hear someone say that about single player. Thank you. 

• Woah 1

• Often I go to the docks at the clan only to not find my RJ there. One time it was parked at another's clan-base. I always find it at the orbiter, but then I have to travel all the way back to the dock at the clan base. Those are two long loading screens. Either the dock should have a call function and or some functions have to be enabled in the RJ, independent of / coherent with the dock. Especially those with real-time waiting periods.

I do not understand why in a world where AI is even greater than the conceivable, in our own current world, is still making you go for point A to B just to talk with them. Especially when they can span your screen at any given moment. I understand that there are physical limitations (even then there are several drones / npc's present at any given time), but common virtual stuff and connection / Interface use. (It is even cannon to interact from physical plane to the virtual / other planes of existence and back) Why do you not use that in the game more often? Not to mention that when these consoles are pressed or the exposition is given that we are hit right after ((seemingly pointless / this could have been done another way, including going to point X just to do or press one thing / even lookup one thing, that we are hit with real-time timers. To make matters worse, after the timer and 5 second interaction at another physical place is done, it repeats again. (why couldn't the grind for the next / requirement list not been shown during the real - time wait in game. / do exposition dump during the wait? And continue the on topic stuff after. And to spice it up (intertwine those things) This makes a quest so much more enjoy able / replay able.Especially for the long waiting periods that we do have before the next one and during the acts.

• With the above being said. There are things in game which could have been brought back as a function back to the Orbiter and eventually in the housing of RJ. Cephalon Samaris has figurines of some of this functions without these functions. Thus the player is paying a hefty price, just for the decoration. I know end game stuff. It would be even better if these decoration had functions, and skipping the loading screens and traversing to these places only to jump out of them again as soon as finished. Leaving them for the newer players. Maybe it would be an idea to make these decoration (if they can house core functions) cost like end-tier prices for those who have reached it, pushing it more to end game with a much greater reward.Like 100k / 200k Samaris rep for these functions.

• The operator is known to do stuff in cut-scenes that we cannot do in-game. One of them, a very practical and tactical one, is moving back and forth between the position of operator and Warframe.  At the moment we can go only one way. If I am in my operator form at X position and my Warframe at Y. And summon the Warframe, he comes to X. But I would like to also be able to transfer myself back to Y. In the story it is technically possible to do this over long distances. The War Within introduced this and made it possible. I understand that in-game this can't be done due to resources and abuse of the system. But if this is e.g. limit by 100 - 1000m for this second form. It would open-up so much more technical possibilities and room for using the operator even more / effectively. And the button for it is already present in the game. Holding the Tranference button would to X>Y and taping it like it is now Y>X.

• Loading in POE when coming from Cetus, still takes a very long time to do so. After all the updates, this is still a thing.

• It has been a long time ever since the Lotus left, we still have these static repetitive recordings of her for every mission. I would be nice for those to be replaced with (preferably) someone of our own choosing. But canon to the current players quest. (I get that the operator is still trying to get the Lotus back, but I ain't, I am here for the story, where none of my choices matter, thus far. But by the time, the story reaches that climax, years have already passed,with the same broken Lotus screens. And no, little duck and other Fortuna characters are not my thing.I prefer to keep them there.

• On the PS4 the Rail Jack introduced interfaces are missing their button functions. It acts now like I am playing a PC without MKB.

• It has come to my attention that ALAD V is being out of character. Like he's acting in ways as if everything from the fact that we saved him from turning into the hive-mind of infestation to all that has transpired in between of the Second Dream and the War Within. Calling us traitors, threatening and challenging in the ways he has done before, like a common villain. It really felt like he had grown as a character during the aforementioned time, instead of just being an archetype. The story of the Wolf is hinting at this but it really comes forward in the fight with the Ropalolyst. - I guess that

profit numbs the feeling

• Like 1

On 2019-12-13 at 4:09 AM, [DE]Bear said:

Feedback

Which the Elite version of Earth enemies are still not in the game, there is only 1 other enemy that drop Battle Stations, which is the Elite Gyre Taktis.

In my previous few mission in Vand Clusters, I have encountered only 1-3 Elite Gyre Taktis, and this enemy has an insane drop rate for Battle Stations. 

Don't you think that is unreasonable for the said enemy to spawn so few? Even the Outriders spawned more than it.

Can we please have a warning from Cephalon Cy that the ship is within firing range of a Shipkiller/Missile Platform?

Random people like to park it near these things and wonder why the ship keeps dying and always in need of repair...

I mean the name of the objective isnt obvious enough for these people i sometimes play with -_-

• Upvote 3

So after playing empyrean for a little bit, most things really I'm alright with, granted I didn't have an opportunity to play before the initial balance changes so all I can say is that right now I do feel okay with them. Takes work to finish things and get there, but it should.

The most serious issue I'm having right now is companions dying. Seeming to happen when you board and blow up crewships, but seemingly only if you're clientside. Then a smaller issue was the captain mission of the saturn proxima (Kasio's Rest) where the secondary objective (pump?) did not have any waypoint, leaving us flying blindly in space for a bit to figure out where we were going and in the process having to get too close and ending up repelling borders against some 10 party crasher crews. All in that mission worked except for the secondary waypoint.

We're also having a weird bug that when I join up with one of my friends, who has the sungem skin for the railjack, she'll see her skin in my colours when I'm host and conversely if she is host I will see my default skin with her colours. So there's something wonky with the host vs client skinning. Also after you switch an armament and fly out for a mission, the guns are left hovering in your dojo room during the cinematic.

I have one point of dissatisfaction and that is the tunguska cannon. I love it, but the fact that it's limited range is honestly kinda bums. It's already limited by the difficulty of aiming it steady at range so I don't feel a physical range limitation should really be there, plus it limits its use, where it could be a viable weapon for taking down crewships before they become a bother (as long as you remain unseen) where when they're alerted it's almost better to just go for the archwing slingshot. I would also really love to have some visible statistics, because having neither a statistics shown on its damage nor on how long it can reach has resulted in fiering blindly a lot and wasting about a good 8 shots to figure out a decent range... at which we're still largely guessing and have to stay on the safe side, thus putting ourselves in danger.

It is possible I guess that the tunguska actually is unlimited range and that we've just been unfortunate and hit an engine each time, which I saw someone mention on the forum could be an issue, but in that case it's a matter of missing feedback and the missing statistics again mean that we have no chance of knowing which is which, so please, some statistics would be nice.

Edited by Ulvra
  • Upvote 2

Remove randomness from all the ship components and make them as weapon are with Frames, with mods.
Way better than this mindless grind hoping for luck in another rng method.
If you think about it, it's the same (if not even worse) but less frustrating for us.
At least that's my humble opinion.

The mod system is nearly flawless and works really well, why we have to dump it?

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

On 2020-01-12 at 10:49 PM, Amazerath said:

To put it simply, my problem with Empyrean is that it doesn't provide the Warframe experience that has kept me coming back to this game for seven years.

There were many aspects that made me want to download and play Warframe, but I think the main things were definitely the warframes themselves and the gameplay. Having a game mode that takes the focus away from the warframes, the shooting, the powers and the parkour doesn't feel necessarily bad, but it does feel like something that is not Warframe.

Yes. I was hoping that at least the Railjack would be a powerful battleship so that we don't have to care too much about it and can have fun with boarding stuff/missions.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is a broad post that touches on something that appears throughout the 40 pages here. Simplified sentiment:  'Avionics Capacity limitations are too punishing'. This week's Hotfix will speak specifically to that with global buffs for all Reactor types found in the wild. Any existing gear you have will simply be re-rolled for Avionics capacity, which will automatically be a buff in all cases (note: the Vidar III which has just compressed its top-end entirely to not have the 30-100 range, it's now 90-100, but it will not give you lower rolls if you had one in the 90-100 range before this change). 

The coming number changes:

- Lavan Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 20 to 30 (from 10 to 20)
- Lavan Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 50 to 60 (from 10 to 40)
- Lavan Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 80 to 90 (from 20 to 70)
- Vidar Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 30 to 40 (from 10 to 25)
- Vidar Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 60 to 70 (from 20 to 50)
- Vidar Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 90 to 100 (from 30 to 100)
- Zetki Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 10 to 20 (from 5 to 10)
- Zetki Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 40 to 50 (from 5 to 30)
- Zetki Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 70 to 80 (from 10 to 50)

Just dropping this note here so folks are prepared for this specific change as we work on more major fixes and changes! 

Holy S#&$ thank you.

What do the numbers in parentheses mean?

Edited by Sitchrea
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is a broad post that touches on something that appears throughout the 40 pages here. Simplified sentiment:  'Avionics Capacity limitations are too punishing'. This week's Hotfix will speak specifically to that with global buffs for all Reactor types found in the wild. Any existing gear you have will simply be re-rolled for Avionics capacity, which will automatically be a buff in all cases (note: the Vidar III which has just compressed its top-end entirely to not have the 30-100 range, it's now 90-100, but it will not give you lower rolls if you had one in the 90-100 range before this change). 

Just dropping this note here so folks are prepared for this specific change as we work on more major fixes and changes! 

Excellent.

Now every possible drop is an upgrade of the Clan Tech standard, as it should be.

• Like 12
  • Applause 4

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This sounds great, actually! Though I wonder if similar reigning in is going to be applied to the other parts or not? Avionics capacity were definitely the most important one by far, but it's pretty obnoxious on everything

Edited by OvisCaedo
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

This is genuinely a great change, nice to hear it'll be rerolled, too 

I know the launch as been a bit bumpy, but I really appreciate the new experience in WF and your focus on hotfixing/balancing in January is really awesome

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

This sounds great, actually! Though I wonder if similar reigning in is going to be applied to the other parts or not? Avionics were definitely the most important one by far, but it's pretty obnoxious on everything

Avionics are not random, they just have different houses. It's like how Cunning Drift, Augur Reach, and Stretch all affect ability range, but have different values and capacity costs. The difference here being that it's every mod, and the only distinguishing factor is the house, not the name.

Unless you were talking about the Avionics Capacity upgrades, not the Avionics themselves, in which case I fully agree.

Edited by -AoN-CanoLathra-
  • Like 1

Actually, a quick question @[DE]Rebecca

I already have a surplus of 65K dirac, and curious - any plans for these? I don't know if forma is needed now with this upgrade - as then we'd end up being able to fit all mods really - but maybe some sort of Battle/Tactical-only forma'ing (where the values are low, but a good way to sink excess dirac)

• Upvote 4

vor 9 Minuten schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Mmmh, so all who got S#&$ stats with their reactor and scrapped them because of the wreckage limit are #*!%ed?

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Upvote 11

11 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

Holy S#&$ thank you.

What do the numbers in parentheses mean?

Those are their current values.

12 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Thank you very much for posting about it here like this. 🙂
It's very good to know in advance that you are working on something like that.  👏

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ValinorAtani said:

Mmmh, so all who got S#&$ stats with their reactor and scrapped them because of the wreckage limit are #*!%ed?

At least with a 4% reward rate you can get another that will be decent with the new change. I trashed several at this point and it is better to just forget.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Any chance that with this change we will also gain the ability to dump dirac into parts to increase their roles. Perhaps increasing them by a point and increasing the dirac cost each time we do it. This will give us a needed dump for it, maintain the importance of good roles but also allow incremental progress towards goals rather then being so RNG reliant.

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Upvote 4