(PC) Empyrean: Railjack General Feedback Megathread

[DE]Bear

On 2019-12-13 at 4:09 AM, [DE]Bear said:

Feedback

Which the Elite version of Earth enemies are still not in the game, there is only 1 other enemy that drop Battle Stations, which is the Elite Gyre Taktis.

In my previous few mission in Vand Clusters, I have encountered only 1-3 Elite Gyre Taktis, and this enemy has an insane drop rate for Battle Stations. 

Don't you think that is unreasonable for the said enemy to spawn so few? Even the Outriders spawned more than it.

Can we please have a warning from Cephalon Cy that the ship is within firing range of a Shipkiller/Missile Platform?

Random people like to park it near these things and wonder why the ship keeps dying and always in need of repair...

I mean the name of the objective isnt obvious enough for these people i sometimes play with -_-

So after playing empyrean for a little bit, most things really I'm alright with, granted I didn't have an opportunity to play before the initial balance changes so all I can say is that right now I do feel okay with them. Takes work to finish things and get there, but it should.

The most serious issue I'm having right now is companions dying. Seeming to happen when you board and blow up crewships, but seemingly only if you're clientside. Then a smaller issue was the captain mission of the saturn proxima (Kasio's Rest) where the secondary objective (pump?) did not have any waypoint, leaving us flying blindly in space for a bit to figure out where we were going and in the process having to get too close and ending up repelling borders against some 10 party crasher crews. All in that mission worked except for the secondary waypoint.

We're also having a weird bug that when I join up with one of my friends, who has the sungem skin for the railjack, she'll see her skin in my colours when I'm host and conversely if she is host I will see my default skin with her colours. So there's something wonky with the host vs client skinning. Also after you switch an armament and fly out for a mission, the guns are left hovering in your dojo room during the cinematic.

I have one point of dissatisfaction and that is the tunguska cannon. I love it, but the fact that it's limited range is honestly kinda bums. It's already limited by the difficulty of aiming it steady at range so I don't feel a physical range limitation should really be there, plus it limits its use, where it could be a viable weapon for taking down crewships before they become a bother (as long as you remain unseen) where when they're alerted it's almost better to just go for the archwing slingshot. I would also really love to have some visible statistics, because having neither a statistics shown on its damage nor on how long it can reach has resulted in fiering blindly a lot and wasting about a good 8 shots to figure out a decent range... at which we're still largely guessing and have to stay on the safe side, thus putting ourselves in danger.

It is possible I guess that the tunguska actually is unlimited range and that we've just been unfortunate and hit an engine each time, which I saw someone mention on the forum could be an issue, but in that case it's a matter of missing feedback and the missing statistics again mean that we have no chance of knowing which is which, so please, some statistics would be nice.

Remove randomness from all the ship components and make them as weapon are with Frames, with mods.
Way better than this mindless grind hoping for luck in another rng method.
If you think about it, it's the same (if not even worse) but less frustrating for us.
At least that's my humble opinion.

The mod system is nearly flawless and works really well, why we have to dump it?

On 2020-01-12 at 10:49 PM, Amazerath said:

To put it simply, my problem with Empyrean is that it doesn't provide the Warframe experience that has kept me coming back to this game for seven years.

There were many aspects that made me want to download and play Warframe, but I think the main things were definitely the warframes themselves and the gameplay. Having a game mode that takes the focus away from the warframes, the shooting, the powers and the parkour doesn't feel necessarily bad, but it does feel like something that is not Warframe.

Yes. I was hoping that at least the Railjack would be a powerful battleship so that we don't have to care too much about it and can have fun with boarding stuff/missions.

This is a broad post that touches on something that appears throughout the 40 pages here. Simplified sentiment:  'Avionics Capacity limitations are too punishing'. This week's Hotfix will speak specifically to that with global buffs for all Reactor types found in the wild. Any existing gear you have will simply be re-rolled for Avionics capacity, which will automatically be a buff in all cases (note: the Vidar III which has just compressed its top-end entirely to not have the 30-100 range, it's now 90-100, but it will not give you lower rolls if you had one in the 90-100 range before this change). 

The coming number changes:

- Lavan Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 20 to 30 (from 10 to 20)
- Lavan Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 50 to 60 (from 10 to 40)
- Lavan Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 80 to 90 (from 20 to 70)
- Vidar Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 30 to 40 (from 10 to 25)
- Vidar Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 60 to 70 (from 20 to 50)
- Vidar Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 90 to 100 (from 30 to 100)
- Zetki Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 10 to 20 (from 5 to 10)
- Zetki Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 40 to 50 (from 5 to 30)
- Zetki Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 70 to 80 (from 10 to 50)

Just dropping this note here so folks are prepared for this specific change as we work on more major fixes and changes! 

3 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is a broad post that touches on something that appears throughout the 40 pages here. Simplified sentiment:  'Avionics Capacity limitations are too punishing'. This week's Hotfix will speak specifically to that with global buffs for all Reactor types found in the wild. Any existing gear you have will simply be re-rolled for Avionics capacity, which will automatically be a buff in all cases (note: the Vidar III which has just compressed its top-end entirely to not have the 30-100 range, it's now 90-100, but it will not give you lower rolls if you had one in the 90-100 range before this change). 

Just dropping this note here so folks are prepared for this specific change as we work on more major fixes and changes! 

Holy S#&$ thank you.

What do the numbers in parentheses mean?

3 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Excellent.

Now every possible drop is an upgrade of the Clan Tech standard, as it should be.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This sounds great, actually! Though I wonder if similar reigning in is going to be applied to the other parts or not? Avionics capacity were definitely the most important one by far, but it's pretty obnoxious on everything

This is genuinely a great change, nice to hear it'll be rerolled, too 

I know the launch as been a bit bumpy, but I really appreciate the new experience in WF and your focus on hotfixing/balancing in January is really awesome

3 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

This sounds great, actually! Though I wonder if similar reigning in is going to be applied to the other parts or not? Avionics were definitely the most important one by far, but it's pretty obnoxious on everything

Avionics are not random, they just have different houses. It's like how Cunning Drift, Augur Reach, and Stretch all affect ability range, but have different values and capacity costs. The difference here being that it's every mod, and the only distinguishing factor is the house, not the name.

Unless you were talking about the Avionics Capacity upgrades, not the Avionics themselves, in which case I fully agree.

Actually, a quick question @[DE]Rebecca

I already have a surplus of 65K dirac, and curious - any plans for these? I don't know if forma is needed now with this upgrade - as then we'd end up being able to fit all mods really - but maybe some sort of Battle/Tactical-only forma'ing (where the values are low, but a good way to sink excess dirac)

vor 9 Minuten schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Mmmh, so all who got S#&$ stats with their reactor and scrapped them because of the wreckage limit are #*!%ed?

12 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Thank you very much for posting about it here like this. 🙂
It's very good to know in advance that you are working on something like that.  👏

6 minutes ago, ValinorAtani said:

Mmmh, so all who got S#&$ stats with their reactor and scrapped them because of the wreckage limit are #*!%ed?

At least with a 4% reward rate you can get another that will be decent with the new change. I trashed several at this point and it is better to just forget.

15 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Any chance that with this change we will also gain the ability to dump dirac into parts to increase their roles. Perhaps increasing them by a point and increasing the dirac cost each time we do it. This will give us a needed dump for it, maintain the importance of good roles but also allow incremental progress towards goals rather then being so RNG reliant.

Gerade eben schrieb LazyKnight:

At least with a 4% reward rate you can get another that will be decent with the new change. I trashed several at this point and it is better to just forget.

Yeah a whooping 4%. I just dont want to care at this point anymore. Its depressing. Right now I just feeling anger about this game and why they doesnt run a script in which you get a vidar reactor via Ordis-Mail if you got one in the past just for showing their goodwill.

25 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Thanks, great work.

Could you do the same also with the engines and shields? Shorten the intervals so they can't overlap between different houses? That would be great

And, please, don't forget flux capacity. My Vidar reactor 95 capacity, 10 flux energy is now crap 😞

This is very good, thank you.

Exactly how I imagined RNG rolls should be. Tiers now make sense, values are still worth the grind for perfectionists and still more than enough for everyone else.

If you nail this down as it should be, I think the community will be much more welcoming in regards to RNG rolls in the future. I know I am :-)

• [DE]Bear locked and unpinned this topic

Archived