Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack General Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

Awesome changes, many thanks! 🙂

Also thanks for the "don't scrap reactors because we have a hotfix coming that might reroll them into something awesome" heads-up. 😉

Will spread the word!

Edited by Aldrr

13 minutes ago, xRufus7x said:

Zekti Reactors are dropped from enemies as well with a 12% drop chance. They were useless before these changes though as their ranges were too low so only the 4% ones were worth using unless you got a really godly roll. That won't be the case after these changes as all dropped MK III reactors will now be better then the clan research one.

why would i care for a zetki reactor? can they have the maximum of +100? not according to rebecca. 

why the hell would i accept anything else than maximum? 

hace 1 minuto, grindbert dijo:

why would i care for a zetki reactor? can they have the maximum of +100? not according to rebecca. 

Because with these changes, zetki reactors are still going to be the easiest to get. Which will be a step in the progression towards the lavan mk3 or the vidar mk3. But this will only work IF and only IF they greatly reduce the repairing costs of all tiers. So that everyone can actually try out different equipment without having to spend hours upon hours just to repair 1 single item.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grindbert said:

Sounds like you never had issues with not enough Flux, or maybe you don't spam abilities that much.

I have a 99 Vidar, and with these changes I'm going to look at the other Houses because I kinda want to have a large Flux pool to spam with .. assuming they didn't change the Flux values. A Zekti with 80 avionics and 300 Flux would be fantastic.

Worth noting that dead enemies don't shoot back, so lots of space to tweak things up for destruction instead of survivability.

Edited by Vit0Corleone

52 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

it's now 90-100, but it will not give you lower rolls if you had one in the 90-100 range before this change). 

I have a 99, unless you are giving 100, else please ignore my account because I don't want a lower 90s which will be a nerf + troll from you guys.

*Also, my total avionic capacity should be 129 but in-game it is 128, 1 lesser than what it should be. Why?

Edited by kyori

47 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is a broad post that touches on something that appears throughout the 40 pages here. Simplified sentiment:  'Avionics Capacity limitations are too punishing'. This week's Hotfix will speak specifically to that with global buffs for all Reactor types found in the wild. Any existing gear you have will simply be re-rolled for Avionics capacity, which will automatically be a buff in all cases (note: the Vidar III which has just compressed its top-end entirely to not have the 30-100 range, it's now 90-100, but it will not give you lower rolls if you had one in the 90-100 range before this change). 

The coming number changes:

- Lavan Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 20 to 30 (from 10 to 20)
- Lavan Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 50 to 60 (from 10 to 40)
- Lavan Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 80 to 90 (from 20 to 70)
- Vidar Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 30 to 40 (from 10 to 25)
- Vidar Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 60 to 70 (from 20 to 50)
- Vidar Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 90 to 100 (from 30 to 100)
- Zetki Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 10 to 20 (from 5 to 10)
- Zetki Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 40 to 50 (from 5 to 30)
- Zetki Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 70 to 80 (from 10 to 50)

Just dropping this note here so folks are prepared for this specific change as we work on more major fixes and changes! 

That's a great start to fix the current issues this game mode is having!

Can we expect a similar fix for engines and shields too?

I have been getting absolutely unlucky with my Vidar Engines and it would be great to have better chances with it too.

Any chance the Flux capacity is getting a fix too? Zekti Reactor should always be 250-300, otherwise they're still just going to be the thing you use until you drop one of the others ones and then never end up touching them again.

Justo ahora, kyori dijo:

I have a 99, unless you are giving 100, else please ignore my account because I don't want a lower 90s which will be a nerf + troll from you guys.

I want to think that she's talking about the wreckage values, not the already repaired ones and also about the repaired ones that are below 90. Those will be re rolled and the rest will be left as they are.

If not yeah, it will a nerf to many people and I don't think they need a bunch of new people complaining (rightfully so) about their nerfed reactors.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kyori said:

it means that anyone who already had a reactor with a 90-100 roll won't have it touched. this change is for people who got a 30-89 roll like me and my 71 vidar Mk3 giving us a chance at a proper reactor capacity.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is a broad post that touches on something that appears throughout the 40 pages here. Simplified sentiment:  'Avionics Capacity limitations are too punishing'. This week's Hotfix will speak specifically to that with global buffs for all Reactor types found in the wild. Any existing gear you have will simply be re-rolled for Avionics capacity, which will automatically be a buff in all cases (note: the Vidar III which has just compressed its top-end entirely to not have the 30-100 range, it's now 90-100, but it will not give you lower rolls if you had one in the 90-100 range before this change). 

Just dropping this note here so folks are prepared for this specific change as we work on more major fixes and changes! 

Sounds good. Is there anyway of also looking at the railjack controls and nested menus breaking with the Empyrean update as well? Currently, if you have modified from default controls, you can not fish or conservation because nested menu wheels don't work and using the Railjack abilities seems to try to force a hold two buttons to use - this can not be changed yet either - and it locks you there being difficult to leave normally when on Railjack after shooting them off, for example the Seeking missile swarms.

6 minutes ago, kyori said:

*Also, my total avionic capacity should be 129 but in-game it is 128, 1 lesser than what it should be. Why?

I think you missed this part:

"it will not give you lower rolls if you had one in the 90-100".

If you have one of 90 or higher, it will not be re rolled, so shouldn't affect you.

The 1 space difference is likely a rounding error.

vor einer Stunde schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

What's the point of even having a range on the capacity numbers when it's not a trade off for another buff? A 90cap reactor is just strictly worse than a 100cap for no purpose other than to tell the player: "should have been more lucky, you scrub"

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Now how about making Tenebrous Ephemera a reward for purging 25(or 50) Sentient ships, like they were originally pitched to be a reward not a luck based dice roll

• Like 2

Better late than never, DE. Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad that you are finally addressing the issue.
I'm still pissed because I scrapped a bunch of Vidar reactors... that now are going to be 'enough'. Roll above 90 was godly before and I haven't met many +90 avionics owners.
I'm pissed that it took DE too long to fix it. Our rants now and our rants before Christmas were exactly the same.
I decided to take a break last week after silly .10 hotfix. Fixing vidar rolls is not going to be enough to get me through the 'WF meh' state I'm in now.
Edited by Karpik
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Avionics are not random, they just have different houses. It's like how Cunning Drift, Augur Reach, and Stretch all affect ability range, but have different values and capacity costs. The difference here being that it's every mod, and the only distinguishing factor is the house, not the name.

Unless you were talking about the Avionics Capacity upgrades, not the Avionics themselves, in which case I fully agree.

Yeah, I meant capacity on the reactors. Should have worded it a bit better

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Karpik:

Better late than never, DE. Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad that you are finally addressing the issue.
I'm still pissed because I scrapped a bunch of Vidar reactors... that now are going to be 'enough'. Roll above 90 was godly before and I haven't met many +90 avionics owners.
I'm pissed that it took DE too long to fix it. Our rants now and our rants before Christmas were exactly the same.
I decided to take a break last week after silly .10 hotfix. Fixing vidar rolls is not going to be enough to get me through the 'WF meh' state I'm in now.

Would love to see some goodwill from them to restore some faith which got lost. Count me in for a Vidar Mk3 Reactor Twitch Drop.

Any message about intrisics not able to being gained anymore since last big update? I finish a mission and don't get any intrisics, even if none of my trees is maxed out 😞

4 minutes ago, mikakor said:

I finish a mission and don't get any intrisics, even if none of my trees is maxed out

I could be wrong, but they way they implemented the last change basically means that you cannot get more intrinsics points if you have reached the max total of 4096, regardless if you have allocated all them or not. If you aren't getting any intrinsics, it likely means that the points you haven't allocated are enough to max everything.

Edited by Vit0Corleone
  • Like 1

vor 48 Minuten schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Why do MKI and MKII drops even exist?
Every Tenno has easy access to MK III equipment.
There is no reason for a player to build anything from the lower tiers, same thing goes for the Dojo research.
Either you're in a clan and have access to the highest research or you're going into random missions and get all the better stuff (also better than the research) relatively easy.
The only reason for MK I and MK II is for solo playing/farming. That way you get gradually upgrades that carries you from Earth to Veil proxima very smooth.

Dirac
It would be nice if dirac becomes more useful, maybe to level up your reactors to its max Avionic- and Flux capacity.
Each rank you level up costs X amount of dirac until the reactor is at it's max. stats

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I could be wrong, but they way they implemented the last change basically means that you cannot get more intrinsics points if you have reached the max total of 4096, regardless if you have allocated all them or not. If you aren't getting any intrinsics, it likely means that the points you haven't allocated are enough to max everything.

Tell me about a scummy way to prevent you from preparing for the next skill tree...

This isn't quite the right approach.

There's supposed to be a tradeoff where the reason you'd pick the zetki is that it gives more flux, but people don't care about the flux.

Part of the reason is it doesn't mathematically make sense.

Rank 7 zetki hyperflux gives +99% flux and takes 17 capacity.
With a maxed Vidar reactor that gives me 30+100-17=113 avionics and 100+350*1.99=797 flux
A perfect zetki would make hyperflux beyond overkill and without you end up at 30+80=110 and 350+300=750.

And that's after the changes. 

Because of hyperflux vidar is strictly better, but generally the 350 flux base is sufficient anyway, which makes vidar even more dominant. 

I'd either lower base flux to like 150 so the bonus from zetki matters, or give zetki a unique passive that increases the damage from battle avionics since that would be in line with the theme. Or remove hyperflux.

Edited by Senguash

vor 7 Minuten schrieb mikakor:

Tell me about a scummy way to prevent you from preparing for the next skill tree...

Well, if you rushed and got the points for next skill tree before that hotfix, you keep the points. Taught me that rushing is important.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Thank you for these welcome changes.

However, why do we still continue on this trend of releasing content with improper content pacing on launch only to undermine and sometimes trivialize it later? Not everyone kept a Vidar Reactor with a low Avionics capacity roll with a limited inventory of just 30 wreckage capacity. This terrible trend of releasing half-baked content pacing has happened to every ... single ... major update of 2019. It's become such a consistent trend it can be predicted at this point. It's been 33 days now since Empyrean has launched to PC. I understand nothing can release with close to perfection in terms what feels right for grind in this game, but was this not considered since TennoCon 2018 up to now? Was Riven Mods feedback considered when introducing wreckage in the state it was in for the last month?

How long will we have to wait for the Sentient Anomaly rare container rewards to be easier too? Will Intrinsics become easy like Focus as well? I know Intrinsics  for sure will only get easier to obtain over time because I have been around since Focus was added in 2015. We had no cap, stealth and Draco were overpowered for Affinity, people progressed too far way too fast, and we were slowed down. Months and years later, the Focus grind is then withered down substantially. This sounds way too similar to how Intrinsics have gone so far, and I presume the same pattern will repeat itself. There is also another pattern between the Acolytes (before "Unidentified Item" tags) and the Sentient Anomaly farming strategy. Both Acolytes and Sentient Anomalies are time limited "events". Both Acolytes and Sentient Anomalies have goods behind RNG. Both occasions included this farming method of aborting when the good loot doesn't drop. So why fix Acolytes 4 years ago but launch the Sentient Anomaly prone to the same abuse?

I ask all these questions as a passionate player who wants to feel good about future updates and hotfixes, not cursing myself for spending time on the launch of an update only to be burned later. I understand this comment is quite negative towards these changes that are going to be a large buff for most players, but I just want to point out the fact this has happened throughout all of last year and continues into 2020. I imagine at this point it is designed to be this way, but it just doesn't feel right to be handed this little polish on arguably one of the most important parts of gameplay.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2